• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Well, when it works..... this game is going to be top notch fun IMO. However, on 360, its probably suffering from some of the worst lag Ive seen this gen. I mean.... not even remotely playable lag.

Twig said:
OH REALLY IS THAT WHAT I HAVE TO DO

It's not working, you silly goose. Server not responding, etc.

Ahahaha. :) Nice to say something and not have the other person get offended, especially in this warzone of a thread.

Zimbardo

so i tried turning off Ambient Occlusion like was recommended. of course it didn't matter at all.

same framerate with everything set to lowest detail as i get with everything set to highest detail.

changing resolution makes no difference either.

Fraps reports a constant 60fps, too, but the game is obviously not running at that framerate.

not gonna worry about this mess anymore. will wait until the devs fix this pos.

Teknoman

Zimbardo said:
so i tried turning off Ambient Occlusion like was recommended. of course it didn't matter at all.

same framerate with everything set to lowest detail as i get with everything set to highest detail.

changing resolution makes no difference either.

Fraps reports a constant 60fps, too, but the game is obviously not running at that framerate.

not gonna worry about this mess anymore. will wait until the devs fix this pos.

It might not be the game then. Fraps is pretty accurate (from my experience) as far as general FPS rating goes. Getting 100+ fps in the menu with AO off, Mostly 30, sometimes hitting 40 in an actual game.

remnant

Banned
derFeef said:
Same issues for both companys. Where does stuff like that pop up? Jesus.
There is a review on amazon about the PC version that explicity says don'y buy if you have an ATi card. In fact it's the only review there.

Anyway just bought the game off Steam. God I feel like i'm going to regret this.

Zimbardo

Teknoman said:
It might not be the game then. Fraps is pretty accurate (from my experience) as far as general FPS rating goes. Getting 100+ fps in the menu with AO off, Mostly 30, sometimes hitting 40 in an actual game.

i don't know what else it could be then?

unless the nvidia drivers just suck terribly with this game.

pc specs:

i5 760 @ 3,8ghz
2 highly clocked GTX460 cards in SLI
8gig ram
using soundblaster xfi soundcard
using a western digital caviar black 1.5TB 7200rpm hdd

i get water smooth framerates in Crysis 2 maxed out, Bulletstorm maxed out, Bad Company 2 maxed out, COD Black Ops maxed out ..etc.

i don't know what else it could be. PC is fine, unless the drivers just suck with this game.

single player is locked @ 30fps. i'm almost positive of that, but fraps reports 60.

multiplayer framerate seems better, but its all over the place. sometimes 60 sometimes 30 ...etc. but fraps reports a constant 60.

i dunno what's going on.

Teknoman

remnant said:
There is a review on amazon about the PC version that explicity says don'y buy if you have an ATi card. In fact it's the only review there.

Anyway just bought the game off Steam. God I feel like i'm going to regret this.

Turn off ambient occlusion and vsync, then try out the challenges.

DryvBy

Ugh. Was looking forward to this. I got the PS3 version (yeah, PSN's down... but who cares!). Is there any redeeming feature to this game or should I ship it back when I get home? I was going to get Crysis 2 if this sucked.

derFeef

@Zimbardo
It might be a SLI issue as it has been reported. Try disabling it.

X-Frame said:
Wait, a video posted today?

Or was it older?
That was a few days ago (but still dumb they took it down)

desu

Poor ps3 users. Playing with bots is downright horrible and frustrating. People will just throw away the game after playing the game (poor Splash Damage...).

Completed the resistance story today (all 8) with bots, not sure I will play more of that ...

I imagine with real people, this game will be mad fun!

desu said:
Poor ps3 users. Playing with bots is downright horrible and frustrating. People will just throw away the game after playing the game (poor Splash Damage...).

Completed the resistance story today (all 8) with bots, not sure I will play more of that ...

I imagine with real people, this game will be mad fun!

Yup, if SD can get the netcode working then I'm a fan of the game.

zlatko

Banned
Just had my first laggy game. Up until now everything was running tip top, but the lag I encountered wasn't even "minimal" it was straight up slide show.

Damn shame, because when this game is running smoothly it's incredible.

Riposte said:
A gameplay video was posted earlier and it sold me on the game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slS-K3mXCZo

And ZeniMax took it down. Was going to post it to counterpoint the GB QL, but...

Real smart.

Reeallllllllyyyyyyyy smart. Such a smart company.
zenimax_media_inc_logozku9.png

Teknoman

DryvBy2 said:
Ugh. Was looking forward to this. I got the PS3 version (yeah, PSN's down... but who cares!). Is there any redeeming feature to this game or should I ship it back when I get home? I was going to get Crysis 2 if this sucked.

The game doesnt suck. Tons of fun online with like minded people (team players), you have to unlock things (weapons and weapon attachments) offline via SP and challenges but you gain XP in any mode.

Zimbardo

derFeef said:
@Zimbardo
It might be a SLI issue as it has been reported. Try disabling it.

That was a few days ago (but still dumb they took it down)

okay disabling SLI was the ticket.

last night i tried disabling it but only ran the single player ...single player still is locked @ 30fps regardless of SLI disabled or not.

multiplayer seems fine with 1 card now, tho.

hope they fix that shit soon.

thx for the heads up.

Wow. Going online is not an option on the 360 right now. Worst lag I've ever seen in a game. Makes Homefront launc look smooth as butter.

Anybody have experience getting a 360 pad to run with this on PC? With no native support I'm trying to find a work-around. Any tips would be appreciated. I'm fine with Kb/M but I prefer to play shooters with a controller these days....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
didn't they say that only light units can get one hit killed by a sniper?

because i'm a medium and I'm definitely getting one hit killed

"It might not be the game then. Fraps is pretty accurate (from my experience) as far as general FPS rating goes. Getting 100+ fps in the menu with AO off, Mostly 30, sometimes hitting 40 in an actual game."

There is definitely something sketchy with the FPS reporting both from fraps and the showfps. In single player/challenges it says I have 170fps, but it is obviously NOT above 30fps.

"didn't they say that only light units can get one hit killed by a sniper?

because i'm a medium and I'm definitely getting one hit killed"

Damage boost will make the sniper able to 1 shot mediums, I believe.

Teknoman

Zimbardo said:
okay disabling SLI was the ticket.

last night i tried disabling it but only ran the single player ...single player still is locked @ 30fps regardless of SLI disabled or not.

multiplayer seems fine with 1 card now, tho.

hope they fix that shit soon.

thx for the heads up.

Thats strange, what about the challenge mode?

Twig said:
Do you have to do the challenges alone to unlock the rewards? Ugh, so dumb.

These bots are moroooons.

Yeah, no kidding. They literally keep huddling around in a corner while I'm swarmed with the opposing side. It's annoying because I'm wanting to unlock all of those add-ons.

Teknoman

zoner said:
Still no fix for the white lines yet, eh?

Havent heard anything aside from trying older drivers. Havent gotten around to that yet. In the case of FPS reporting, I have no idea whats going on then...

Teknoman

Teknopathetic said:
"It might not be the game then. Fraps is pretty accurate (from my experience) as far as general FPS rating goes. Getting 100+ fps in the menu with AO off, Mostly 30, sometimes hitting 40 in an actual game."

There is definitely something sketchy with the FPS reporting both from fraps and the showfps. In single player/challenges it says I have 170fps, but it is obviously NOT above 30fps.

"didn't they say that only light units can get one hit killed by a sniper?

because i'm a medium and I'm definitely getting one hit killed"

Damage boost will make the sniper able to 1 shot mediums, I believe.

Looks like i'm having the same issue. Put in the command to show FPS, and its got me rated at 100+ in the menus, but in game at 70-80fps, yet looks like 30 as you guys were saying.

com_show fps 1 for those who want to try.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Teknoman said:
Havent heard anything aside from trying older drivers. Havent gotten around to that yet. In the case of FPS reporting, I have no idea whats going on then...
Trying old drivers made me gain the white lines, but the framerate jumped from about 10 to 30+. I'm willing to take that change, but I'd like to see a patch to remove those white lines, and i'd be way more willing to play the game.

TheExodu5

Banned
Teknoman said:

No, there's something fishy going on. The game is probably doubling frames, causing FRAPS to think the game is displaying 60. The singleplayer game is clearly locked at 30fps.

sk3tch

Well, I reversed course from my initital trepidation and accepted the delivery from UPS of Brink today. Cracked it open, installed it (360), and played a round against bots and...had fun. I will try online later tonight after I get my son to bed. Hopefully the issues with lag can get resolved since this first week is so key in getting a good community going.

ShogunX

This game at the moment is one hell of a mess and has multiple problems.

- Some of the worst lag for years
- Truly awful online Bots
- Bad hit detection
- No pre game lobby - It's 2011 for fucks sake this shit is basic.
- No real friend party system (maybe I missed it)

Add all that to the confusing gameplay (I swear everybody runs around wondering what the fuck is going on), unless a drastic fix arrives soon this game is going to die extremely fast. I'm normally fair and open minded when playing new online games and I am willing to give this a fair chance but fuck me sideways if this isn't one of the poorest launch states in a long time.

Oh and call multiplayer what it is - multiplayer. Freeplay my arse.

buy or no buy on the fence might just sit out and wait for the internet stuff to work it self out since i'm most likely getting it for xbox to play with non-steam friends.

Ramirez

Falagard said:
Got many people on your friends list who have this game Ram? Am thinking of buying, but would like to have at least a couple of my friends who own the game.

I know KyleJ is getting it, VHFive has it, and I think Eazy said he would rent the 360 version if I liked the game.

mjc

Technosteve said:
buy or no buy on the fence might just sit out and wait for the internet stuff to work it self out since i'm most likely getting it for xbox to play with non-steam friends.

Just get it. If anything, you can play matches with your friends against bots if the lag gets too bad.

Top Bottom