• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brink |OT| _/^\_

Shoogoo

Ahaha :D I thought wtf

Holy crap at people complaining at the singleplayer. Get a brain and do some research before putting sixty bucks on the table.

Makoto

Nocebo said:
This was obvious from way before the game was even released. Did you really think the singleplaye would have more going for it than that?
Oddly enough, there were some people in this thread that thought it would be more than that for some misguided reason. Even though all the information pointed towards bots.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Zeal said:
so the fact that multiple reviews are reporting the game is broken is unacceptable to you? he shouldn't post in here because his opinions of the game (which are completely correct) are somehow trolling?

the game IS broken. he is just reporting what others have already said. you sound like a butthurt member of the development team.

Exactly, just tryin to save some people some money.

JambiBum

Alienshogun said:
Honest question here Shogun, is there a thread you don't troll people in? Every thread I have seen you in in the past month you are trolling someone or a group of people. Hell in that thread you linked to you even posted an "I told you so" in it.

Tokubetsu

JambiBum said:
Honest question here Shogun, is there a thread you don't troll people in? Every thread I have seen you in in the past month you are trolling someone or a group of people. Hell in that thread you linked to you even posted an "I told you so" in it.

Do what everyone else does, put him on ignore.

I am just now catching up on the Brink.TV broadcast (my internet went out for like 4 hours) very nice to hear people get excited about the competitive aspects of the game.

d0c_zaius

got to play a nice string of games with some others, all using teamwork.

The game is super fun.

Its one of the few games I like playing all of the classes, all in one match. Its also one of the few games Ive seen random people using teamwork and helping each other. The weapons feel console standard and accurate, and the the movement is constantly entertaining.

Hope it gets a chance cause its not all broken

Filth

I decided to get it for 360 over pc because some friends decided 360. Game is really really fun. I was scared to jump in because of the crazy reviews but I like the game a lot. It's much more then your cod-ish gib fest. 360 version has some serious lag issues and it takes a few seconds for the textures to load in the beginning of a match but besides that I'm happy I bought it.

Twig

Banned
There is an overabundance of weapons to choose from and it is more annoying than it is good.

Alienshogun said:
We get it. You don't like a game you've never played.

Shut up.

ok stupid question but what freakin button do I press to buff myself? I a playing on the 360 version. Somebody please just pm me because I'm going to bed. Thanks in advance

Finally got around to playing a bit Freeplay tonight since I've completed the campaigns for both the Resistance and Security forces. There are the server lists, the map names, the player counts and pings I like to see.

Played a few matches on a bot-free dedicated server with a good ping and had some really intense matches. If they were won, it was usually by the skin of our teeth in the last few seconds. The chokepoint in the Security Tower leading to the infirmary lead to some ridiculously intense and lengthy fire fights, I don't know how many Security members I mowed down with my minigun, how many I knocked down with my grenade launcher or how many times I was revived in that one section alone, but the fight went on and on for minutes. It was a lot of fun!

I think my only real complaint is that you can't switch body types between or during matches. Different maps call for different playstyles.

PIMPBYBLUD said:
ok stupid question but what freakin button do I press to buff myself? I a playing on the 360 version. Somebody please just pm me because I'm going to bed. Thanks in advance

Press in and hold the left stick.

Nocebo

jaundicejuice said:
I think my only real complaint is that you can't switch body types between or during matches. Different maps call for different playstyles.
Yeah, this sounds like a retarded design decision. I mean what if your entire team is composed of light bodies and you need some extra beefiness and firepower to push through this round? I hope this is something they can change because it seems like a dumb over sight.

Teknoman

Nocebo said:
I'll only stay tuned if there is a turret episode at some point.

I'm working on getting turrets upgraded.

Nocebo said:
Yeah, this sounds like a retarded design decision. I mean what if your entire team is composed of light bodies and you need some extra beefiness and firepower to push through this round? I hope this is something they can change because it seems like a dumb over sight.

Someone said you could switch body types at the command post or something before the game launched...Thats really a strange oversight if its the case though, especially since you can change classes at a post.

What classes are people focusing their skill points on? I used to main engi when I started TF2 and I'm sort of doing the same with Brink. I've got almost all of the general and engineer skills purchased up to rank 2.

Teknoman said:
Someone said you could switch body types at the command post or something before the game launched...Thats really a strange oversight if its the case though, especially since you can change classes at a post.

Do you mean in the warm-up menu before the match begins?

Klocker

ok. been playing this for pretty much 6.5 hours straight... really good mp gameplay... excellent features and customization. unique connection system (no lobbies and co-op, versus, SP modes) and fun fun fun... oh and I love the agile body type

KaYotiX

Banned
jaundicejuice said:
What classes are people focusing their skill points on? I used to main engi when I started TF2 and I'm sort of doing the same with Brink. I've got almost all of the general and engineer skills purchased up to rank 2.

Im a sucker for Soldier class :p Ill prolly go medic next :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
jaundicejuice said:

I've been going all into operative because it seems to have the most appealing skills to me. I'm trying to split it with medic because I actually really like running around healing in this game, they're extremely useful.

Zeal said:
so the fact that multiple reviews are reporting the game is broken is unacceptable to you? he shouldn't post in here because his opinions of the game (which are completely correct) are somehow trolling?

the game IS broken. he is just reporting what others have already said. you sound like a butthurt member of the development team.

That post added nothing, it was just a link to a post on another forum of a link to the used game section on amazon. It'd be like me going in the portal 2 thread and going

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002I0J9M0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Oh snap!

It happens with every game, people just sell stuff immediately on Amazon. Brink is hardly the first time that happened day one, and it won't be the last time.

I've noticed in the skill purchasing menu that the Operative can actually take control of a friendly turret and manually aim it, which I am honestly kind of jealous of.

Tokubetsu

jaundicejuice said:

I'm focusing on Engi and medic with Operative interesting me a lot. Anyone else post this? Disabling shadows boosted my performance by a LOT. Still got the fucking grid though:

Being able to edit FOV outside of console is nifty too. A lot of good stuff.
http://www.rush-zone.com/downloads/gaming/brink/brinkconfigv1.1/details.html

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
While I think that lights may not be that great, it's silly to assume that SMART is useless. Powersliding has saved my ass so many times now.

Still dealing with tiles though!

Neverfade

I'm diggin it. It needs some ironing though, which hopefully SD will roll out sooner rather than later. Some extra content might not hurt either. Maps, a couple more shotguns, perhaps.

Twig

Banned
I feel like I die way too fast as a light body type. I understand that they're supposed to be more fragile, but I have had occasions where I am literally - no exaggeration - shooting into someone's back for a full second or more with an SMG before they turn around and hit me with what sounds like (but is almost assuredly more than) three bullets and I die.

It's disappointing, because jumping around the terrain is what I really want to do. There're just too many flying bullets to really do it. ):

Grayman

Twig said:
There is an overabundance of weapons to choose from and it is more annoying than it is good.

We get it. You don't like a game you've never played.

Shut up.
I agree about the weapons so far. I would rather see one gun per archetype and fewer permutations. It seems like it is going to take ages to figure out which one i want to use (or wait until comp scene starts and copy a winning item)

Tokubetsu

Twig said:
I feel like I die way too fast as a light body type. I understand that they're supposed to be more fragile, but I have had occasions where I am literally - no exaggeration - shooting into someone's back for a full second or more with an SMG before they turn around and hit me with what sounds like (but is almost assuredly more than) three bullets and I die.

It's disappointing, because jumping around the terrain is what I really want to do. There're just too many flying bullets to really do it. ):

Keep in mind that they maybe wearing kevlar. I know assault gets one and the engi has an ability to GIVE out kevlar (he can't self buff himself with it though. He'd have to have another engineer give it to him).

Twig

Banned
Grayman said:
I agree about the weapons so far. I would rather see one gun per archetype and fewer permutations. It seems like it is going to take ages to figure out which one i want to use (or wait until comp scene starts and copy a winning item)
That is pretty much my issue, yeah. I have no idea which one is "best", and they are really only slightly different from one another. And I can modify each of them with each of the unlockable modifications. And and and.

Just give me a damn shotgun and call it a day!

Tokubetsu said:
Keep in mind that they maybe wearing kevlar. I know assault gets one and the engi has an ability to GIVE out kevlar (he can't self buff himself with it though. He'd have to have another engineer give it to him).
Yeah, that's a good point. It's still incredibly frustrating, though.

The extra content they could release for Brink seems fairly obvious if you've beaten both campaigns.
A third faction, the barbarous hordes from what remains of the mainland want to take the Ark and its technology for their own. As hamfisted as Brink's plot is, I'd buy a new campaign/faction for versus.

Top Bottom