• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would say Night rather then morning

also about Download meet up I'm going look over line up and see which day I have a massive space of bands not interested in watching. Unless we meet Thursday night if people are around then
yeah I was thinking either Thursday or early on one of the other days

See my earlier post. I hate that movement so god damn much.

I'm kinda with you on this, although I think I dislike the movement itself rather than the music

How many people in this thread are old enough to remember the 90's? By which I mean the early 90's, not the late 90's

I remember watching kids stuff on TV and trying to do primary school homework without the internet! I also remember played on my cousins MegaDrive.

I think working life would have sucked pre-internet days.

Working life sucks now though too for other reasons to be fair!

daviyoung

Banned
First PE song I heard and made me an instant fan. There used to be a channel on Sky called P-Rock that used to play it consistantly alongside Cypress Hill's Dr. Greenthumb.

I'm not huge on hip hop so only know the popular stuff. He Got Game is awesome, can listen to that tune any time. Deep Cover is another one, but it's a bit too heavy on the gangster. Cypress Hill never really stuck with me for some reason.

Hystzen

yeah I was thinking either Thursday or early on one of the other days

I'm kinda with you on this, although I think I dislike the movement itself rather than the music

Thursday is my get wrecked night, Wednesday is chill out due to travel then setting up everything

Last year even though it was a swamp with mud we went out, Gaf needs get drunk then hit the Fun House was damn epic last year

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
the 90s for me were pre puberty so I obviously think they were amazing times

I still listen to alot of music from then doe

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
71GWVjy.jpg

Down with thatcher!

God already did it for us.

SKINNER!

Banned
I'm not huge on hip hop so only know the popular stuff. He Got Game is awesome, can listen to that tune any time. Deep Cover is another one, but it's a bit too heavy on the gangster. Cypress Hill never really stuck with me for some reason.

Man, Deep Cover is fantastic. That production work alone is worth listening to over and over. Looking back, 90s Gangsta rap does seem a little silly but I can't get over how amazingly smooththis sounds. Cypress Hill went on a weird route halfway through their career going into rap metal but they got some songs and Black Sunday is a great album.

Top 5 90's pop songs go

It's Gonna Be Me (fail: It's a 2000 song but it was recorded 1999 so fuck you!)
They Reminisce Over You
Aeroplane
Scream
Around the World

Bonus track

And shout out to Stan for ending the 90s on a high note with a fantastic video.

lol, Dido acting

Fixed that for ya :p

But seriously, 00s kicked ass too. Hated Crazy in Love though as that was constantly played in the corner shop I used to work in during my teens. Drove me insane!

SKINNER!

Banned

"Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
That we riddled some middlemen who didn't do diddly"

9i2PqLi.gif

Every...single..time I hear it.

Haha, laughed hard at the Google Glass reference. Fuck, forgot about Beastie Boy's amazing vids. Intergalactic was fun to watch too.

That was on the South Park album with a funny skit attached to it.

8bit

Knows the Score
Mousse T!

If anyone here remembers Rock Profile off of UK Play, I will eat my hat.

I hope your hat is made of bacon. It was released on DVD due to the further successes of the stars, Matt Lucas, David Walliams & Jamie Sexdungeon.

A day in the life of KentPaul

also Mike could learn alot from this video, I mean this guy clearly got knocked back and rejected by many women, but eventually he came to his senses and found a whore

You should watch the end of the video.

daviyoung

Banned
A day in the life of KentPaul

also Mike could learn alot from this video, I mean this guy clearly got knocked back and rejected by many women, but eventually he came to his senses and found a whore

Dude did you watch the whole video?

It's from the viewpoint of a female

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Dude did you watch the whole video?

It's from the viewpoint of a female

The problem with that video is that I don't buy that the girl shown in the mirror could do the shit in the video. She doesn't look like that kind of girl.

Rubbish King

Fuuuuck now i just feel silly

The shaving in the mirror and the shitty trainers at the start make this an impossible video

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Fuuuuck now i just feel silly

The shaving in the mirror and the shitty trainers at the start make this an impossible video

Shavin' dem legs and dat vag.

She doesn't look like the type to wear those trainers

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Since you guys are on a music binge, check out out the mega mixes posted on Flight Facilities' sound cloud page. They did a collaborative with Triple J to showcase the top hits from the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

I hope your hat is made of bacon. It was released on DVD due to the further successes of the stars, Matt Lucas, David Walliams & Jamie Sexdungeon.

Urk, lamentably not (I don't even own a hat).

But yeah, I've got the DVD on my shelf. I still thought it was obscure enough though!

I honestly think it's one of the best things Lucas and Walliams did. And lol at bolded.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
in front of the sink? fuck that, it's all a conspiracy

I cant tell if you're drunk and cant articulate or im too tired to understand

I think he means there are plenty of places for him to get pissed around his flat.

daviyoung

Banned
Since you guys are on a music binge, check out out the mega mixes posted on Flight Facilities' sound cloud page. They did a collaborative with Triple J to showcase the top hits from the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

Can't recommend these enough. Beautiful mixes. Work best with ipods, the encoding of the files is one step beyond.

The transition into Where Do I Begin makes me melt.

I see, I have the same luxury

and a pint doesnt cost 4 quid here...

BOOM

Mate i went to meet my mum at a hotel bar the other day. 2 G&Ts and a pint of Stella? £25. TWENTY FIVE.

Nah, the locals here, you're looking at about... yeah actually £4 a pint. But there;s a lot of variety!

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
I was at a wedding and asked if anyone wanted a drink. One girl said she wanted a bottle of smirnoff and the rest said no thanks. I gave the bartender €20 and got less than €5 back.

f0rk

I bet the 2000s one is the best right.

What kind of rock club even serves mojitos

Rubbish King

the most i ever paid for one drink was at that pissing rock club at the london meetup

I asked for a mojito

He made me crush the fucking ice for it and then gave me a random fucking drink that was fairly strong and packed with ice so there mustve been 5ml of alcohol innit

8 FUCKING QUID

also who else cringes at bing product placement in films

Wiseblade

Earlier today after filling out yet another job application form, I wondered if there was a way to say "I have travelled abroad and played Street Fighter at a tournament level" that makes me sound employable. It's kind of weird that I'm afraid to mention the one hobby I have made measurable achievements in.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
the most i ever paid for one drink was at that pissing rock club at the london meetup

I asked for a mojito

He made me crush the fucking ice for it and then gave me a random fucking drink that was fairly strong and packed with ice so there mustve been 5ml of alcohol innit

8 FUCKING QUID
Should have complained and asked for him to redo the ice. You're in a rock club. Surely you want your drink on the rocks.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Earlier today after filling out yet another job application form, I wondered if there was a way to say "I have travelled abroad and played Street Fighter at a tournament level" that makes me sound employable. It's kind of weird that I'm afraid to mention the one hobby I have made measurable achievements in.
Participation in multi-region tournament sport at the professional level.

If they ask then be honest. If you were good enough to do so I really don't see why you should feel ashamed. It isn't any different than other hobbies that require practice to compete in. I'd say it shows initiative and ambition.

f0rk

Jackben this Flight Facilities mix is bumpin nice shout

Yeah you gotta mention drive and practice and shit

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;56333644 said:
I can get a pint of bitter here for £1.80

I can't imagine you drinking pints for some reason.

Also, 6000 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom