• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
So I've decided I'm not going to take all my gizmos with me (other than my phone) to the parents house, just a few books for the journey and my acoustic..

Looking forward to seeing all my fam...although I wish I had lost more weight by now... Apparently my face has got a little less chubby according to my housemate, but I guess I'll be told when I get there...

Probably won't be posting much for a few days....well, let's be honest.. I probably will

How's everyone doing this morning anyway? Friday's a stones throw away, what are your plans people?!

Also, Happy Birthday Cheez, the card got lost in the post

Glad you did! Found this guy in the post your covers thread^, there are a few musicians here so music is always on topic, feel free to stick around and get involved in discussion, you get back what you put in to it
Please also feel free to do the questionnaire thingy in the OP so we can learn a bit about you :D

Watched a lesbian movie on netflix. Now I'm kicking back to the new EUPHORIC CLUBLAND album.

Jordan

So I've decided I'm not going to take all my gizmos with me (other than my phone) to the parents house, just a few books for the journey and my acoustic..

Looking forward to seeing all my fam...although I wish I had lost more weight by now... Apparently my face has got a little less chubby according to my housemate, but I guess I'll be told when I get there...

Probably won't be posting much for a few days....well, let's be honest.. I probably will

How's everyone doing this morning anyway? Friday's a stones throw away, what are your plans people?!

Have a good time at the 'rents house. How long you there for?

I'm doing okay mate, little knackered - didn't get in till 1am last night and up at 6 this morning - wish I wasn't the only driver in my friendship group, I really wanted a drink last night but was limited to only one :(

Going for nandos with a friend for lunch today, then tomorrow lunch I am out with my department. No idea what I'm doing in the evening, heavily getting back into moba games, been hammering DOTA2 recently - a few of us want to play League of Legends tonight.

I got paid from my new job as well, I got 2 weeks pay... and got the same amount as my previous job for a full month... pissed I put up with that shit for so long!

Edit - Does anyone have a word list of FHM's top 100 - I wanna know but it's not really SFW...

Glad you did! Found this guy in the post your covers thread^, there are a few musicians here so music is always on topic, feel free to stick around and get involved in discussion, you get back what you put in to it
Please also feel free to do the questionnaire thingy in the OP so we can learn a bit about you :D

A questionnaire?! I am so there.

Where do you live: Sunny Sarrrfend Bruv. (Southend On Sea, Essex)
Where are you from: I was born in Rochford Hospital, Essex, lived in the California when I was little, moved back here when I was 5.
University: Didn't go, had no interest in continuing my education and enduring mounting student debt.
Favourite Sport: I hate Sport. Even football. Hate is a strong word actually, let's just say I'm 'indifferent' to it.
Political party of choice: I'm not a fan of any of them, and have never voted.
Favourite thing on the box: British made? Sherlock. Otherwise, Game of Thrones.
Favourite crisp flavour: Roast Beef Monster Munch, Skips, a bog standard Cheese & Onion pack of Walkers can't be sneezed at.
Favourite biscuit: By itself? Crunch Creams. For Tea Dunking? Custard Creams or a nice digestive.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: It never caught on with me I'm afraid.
Beano or Dandy: Beano bitches.

I also (as Tash can testify) play in a little acoustic duo - I shall copy and paste my other post ad verbatim:

I'm in a little acoustic duo called 10 Minutes to Rest.

You can view the following covers on our youtube channel -

http://www.youtube.com/user/10MinutesToRest

Covers include:

Trouble - Taylor Swift
Delicate - Damien Rice
Falling Slowly - Glen Hansard
We are never getting back together - Taylor Swift
Good Riddance - Greenday
Hit me baby one more time - Britney Spears
To Whom it May concern - Civil Wars
Say it to me now - Glen Hansard
Closer - Kings of Leon
Sasquatch - Tenacious D

And two original songs to boot. We try to upload a couple of videos a month, but we've been working on a lot of original stuff of late, so no new videos since late February sadly.

I would appreciate some more 'LIKES' on Facebook and some Youtube subscribers, so go nuts. :p

EDIT:

Right! What?

I'm on King William Street too... where do you work?

33 King William Street, the old black rock building. I am regularly seen smoking outside it. :p Work for a company called 6 Degrees Group.

How's everyone doing this morning anyway? Friday's a stones throw away, what are your plans?

Just got a pay rise, and an email from the gun club saying I'm in (I managed to avoid saying "I enjoy playing violent video games" at any point last night). Definitely one of my better days! Gonna seal the deal with KFC for lunch.

This weekend I'm doing the Bristol 10k on Sunday. Not sure why I felt the need to ruin my bank holiday weekend like that, but I guess I can only handle pleasure if it's tempered with misery (this is BritGAF).

And nice to see a new face Sikamanico! Welcome to the thread!

Edit: Sherlock and Monster Munch? You're alright.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Got Daft punk on spotify.... crazy how much i missed listening to these guys and i didnt even know it
Watched a lesbian movie on netflix. Now I'm kicking back to the new EUPHORIC CLUBLAND album.
Lesbian movie? there are many

You got the media hint extension that gets you all the yank stuff?

Have a good time at the 'rents house. How long you there for?

I'm doing okay mate, little knackered - didn't get in till 1am last night and up at 6 this morning - wish I wasn't the only driver in my friendship group, I really wanted a drink last night but was limited to only one :(

Going for nandos with a friend for lunch today, then tomorrow lunch I am out with my department. No idea what I'm doing in the evening, heavily getting back into moba games, been hammering DOTA2 recently - a few of us want to play League of Legends tonight.

I got paid from my new job as well, I got 2 weeks pay... and got the same amount as my previous job for a full month... pissed I put up with that shit for so long!

Edit - Does anyone have a word list of FHM's top 100 - I wanna know but it's not really SFW...
Nice on the job man!!!
That must feel fucking awesome!

Unlucky on the pub front..

Now you have dibs on not driving this time... so you should make sure the night is even more awesome than the last
A questionnaire?! I am so there.

Where do you live: Sunny Sarrrfend Bruv. (Southend On Sea, Essex)
Where are you from: I was born in Rochford Hospital, Essex, lived in the California when I was little, moved back here when I was 5.
University: Didn't go, had no interest in continuing my education and enduring mounting student debt.
Favourite Sport: I hate Sport. Even football. Hate is a strong word actually, let's just say I'm 'indifferent' to it.
Political party of choice: I'm not a fan of any of them, and have never voted.
Favourite thing on the box: British made? Sherlock. Otherwise, Game of Thrones.
Favourite crisp flavour: Roast Beef Monster Munch, Skips, a bog standard Cheese & Onion pack of Walkers can't be sneezed at.
Favourite biscuit: By itself? Crunch Creams. For Tea Dunking? Custard Creams or a nice digestive.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: It never caught on with me I'm afraid.
Beano or Dandy: Beano bitches.

I also (as Tash can testify) play in a little acoustic duo - I shall copy and paste my other post ad verbatim:

Covers include:

Trouble - Taylor Swift
Delicate - Damien Rice
Good Riddance - Greenday
Closer - Kings of Leon
Sasquatch - Tenacious D

And two original songs to boot. We try to upload a couple of videos a month, but we've been working on a lot of original stuff of late, so no new videos since late February sadly.

I would appreciate some more 'LIKES' on Facebook and some Youtube subscribers, so go nuts. :p

EDIT:

33 King William Street, the old black rock building. I am regularly seen smoking outside it. :p Work for a company called 6 Degrees Group.
Nice!

nobody has sided with dandy yet...poor desperate dan

What kind of music are you personally into? genrewise with a few examples preferably ^_^

Also RADIOHEAD: YAY/NAY?
Just got a pay rise, and an email from the gun club saying I'm in (I managed to avoid saying "I enjoy playing violent video games" at any point last night). Definitely one of my better days! Gonna seal the deal with KFC for lunch.

This weekend I'm doing the Bristol 10k on Sunday. Not sure why I felt the need to ruin my bank holiday weekend like that, but I guess I can only handle pleasure if it's tempered with misery (this is BritGAF).
Man...I wish I could do 10K

I probably could I guess but I wouldnt be able to pace it so I wouldnt have to stop -_-

NinjaBoiX

no one can possibly enjoy radiohead outside of the creep single.
People always say that. I think Creep is one of their blander efforts, just Pablo Honey in general is kind of limp.

Anyway, as someone who is currently listening to a Clubland compilation, I'm not surprised you aren't a fan.

*meiow*

Edit; Musha, I was just pointing out the importance of a good vocal, then said "Right Musha?", implying that you would know all about it.

SKINNER!

Banned
Happy Birthday Cheezmo! You get that steak meal tonight and you enjoy that muthafucka!

Covers include:

Trouble - Taylor Swift
Delicate - Damien Rice
Good Riddance - Greenday
Closer - Kings of Leon
Sasquatch - Tenacious D

Subscribed on youtube.

Most overrated band alongside Pink Floyd. Their fans are horrifically stuck-up too.

Kentpaul

Happy Birthday Cheezmo! You get that steak meal tonight and you enjoy that muthafucka!

Subscribed on youtube.

Most overrated band alongside Pink Floyd. Their fans are horrifically stuck-up too.

I really dig pink floyd but fuck radiohead is just mumbling groans over a guitar. I can imagine a heroin addict playing a radiohead in the backround while he shoots up and aims for the stars. Fuck that shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8iUI_ayuo

Good music.

Darren870

I used to work at the building that black rock was connected to (via the bridge). Back when it was a Merrill building.

Those were the days, Canary Warf sucks compared to that area.

Nice!

nobody has sided with dandy yet...poor desperate dan

What kind of music are you personally into? genrewise with a few examples preferably ^_^

Also RADIOHEAD: YAY/NAY?

Radiohead were really amazing, right up until Amnesiac...and then, Christ, I wish they'd go back to the OK Computer days...

Personally, I have a wide taste of music - You can find me on Spotify, would always recommend my playlist called "Awesome Ultimate Win Playlist" :)

Anything from Tool, Nero, Pumpkins, Tracy Chapman, C2C, Mumford & Sons, Ben Howard, Chase N Status, A Perfect Circle, The Civil Wars, Daft Punk, Sub Focus, Of Monsters of Men, Swedish House Mafia, Johnny Cash, Damien Rice, Glen Hansard and so on....

Lies!

I may just take a little stroll past at lunchtime. I'm in 85.

Small World! What sort of band dare I ask? I usually go to lunch at 1.

Edit; Musha, I was just pointing out the importance of a good vocal, then said "Right Musha?", implying that you would know all about it.

Ooh right. Yes, sorry, absolutely correct. If vocals are mediocre it's very disappointing. Nothing does it for me like fucking killer vocals, it's something I aspire to as a vocalist (I have had people tell me I've given them goosebumps on certain tracks, yippee!)

Anything from Tool, Nero, Pumpkins, Tracy Chapman, C2C, Mumford & Sons, Ben Howard, Chase N Status, A Perfect Circle, The Civil Wars, Daft Punk, Sub Focus, Of Monsters of Men, Swedish House Mafia, Johnny Cash, Damien Rice, Glen Hansard and so on....

Small World! What sort of band dare I ask? I usually go to lunch at 1.

You have excellent taste in music sir.

I'm in a rock covers band, Foos, Chilis, Green Day, Muse, RATM etc.

Jordan

Nice on the job man!!!
That must feel fucking awesome!

Unlucky on the pub front..

Now you have dibs on not driving this time... so you should make sure the night is even more awesome than the last

Didn't actually go to the pub, we went bowling - a place near here does late night bowling at like £2 a game, then there's a bar and its all dark with music and shit... (descriptive response, but that's the best I can do today)

Does feel very awesome having a nice amount of money for once!

SKINNER!

Banned
gYhVLZw.gif

I do it for Tash, he's got some mad obsession with her or something. I dunno, it's a bit weird.

excuses excuses Ninja, we all know you're trying to hide your Hayley obsession :p
Tash seems to be a guy who'd be more into Amy Lee or maybe Lady Soveriegn (lol) than Hayley Williams.

Thank you for this mix, this is fucking incredible - so many of these I had forgotten!

No worries man :) I know this one is predominantly rap/hip hop but I love these long mixes especially when it mixes genres.

I really dig pink floyd but fuck radiohead is just mumbling groans over a guitar. I can imagine a heroin addict playing a radiohead in the backround while he shoots up and aims for the stars. Fuck that shit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy8iUI_ayuo

Good music.

To be fair, my distate for PF is quite personal. I knew a person who was obsessed over them and I just never saw them in the same light. Only Pink Floyd track I really got into was Another Brick on the Wall. Such a rebellious track with a sweet-sounding solo. Money was ok too. Every other song (like Wish You Were Here) just bores me to utter death. "but the Solos shorty_symd! Listen to the solos". Jesus, I'd happily take a 30 second fast/powerful solo from Slash, Frusciante, Hammett/Mustaine or even screeching noise from Morello over a long, slow boring-ass 7 minute Pink Floyd solo. Led Zeppelin are so much better.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The 1975 are pretty bad. That guys voice is just the worst.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfBKqaVk2Co
Urgh, such a wet end.

You gotta have a good vocal!

Right Musha?

I played a gig with those guys a couple of months back. Lovely fellas but I thought the music was a bit TOO perfect, it felt a bit like being in the crowd at a show on Buffy , there was no density to it. No violence, no sweat. Their bassplayer wore my t-shirt though, so they're good by me.

NinjaBoiX

excuses excuses Ninja, we all know you're trying to hide your Hayley obsession :p
Nah man, I wear my slightly creepy, inappropriate obsession with pride! Me no care about cool points, I have a sackful to spare anyway, even after sharing them out evenly with Tash.

uM6Ek6p.gif

Come on, just try and tell me she isn't the cutest human being on the planet!

Music thread? Music thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpR1AL4El8

Mark Lanegan - Methamphetamine Blues

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Nah man, I wear my slightly creepy, inappropriate obsession with pride! Me no care about cool points, I have a sackful to spare anyway, even after sharing them out evenly with Tash.

uM6Ek6p.gif

Come on, just try and tell me she isn't the cutest human being on the planet!

Music thread? Music thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEpR1AL4El8

Mark Lanegan - Methamphetamine Blues

I can't believe you posted about hayley and Lanegan in the same breath. Give with one hand, take away with the other... Have you heard the Gutter Twins that he did with Greg Dulli? That shit is the TRUTH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUmdjgW-r0

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Came up with another derby name last night before I fell asleep... S.T. Dino. >__>

I really should have posted a link ITT but I watched a live stream of a game my wife went to see at the weekend (really could not be arsed to spend my sunday night there :p). Some badass names, but Admiral Attackbar was my fave.

EDIT: t-t-t-triple post! I miss Mike and Noffles, they would have posted in those minutes between mine and made me look a bit less sad.

Got anything online I can check out?

As a singer myself, I do love a good vocal! :p

try to sing to my band if you like :p http://parachuteforgordo.bandcamp.com

Kentpaul

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I can't make out any of the lyrics. Its all like a faint groan. For the record my hearing is perfect and i am not trolling. I cannot for the life of me every make out anything radiohead sing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EuI2_pjDlM

I can hear every lyric GIGGS puts out though.

Hearing lyrics is overrated, I grew up listening to metal and hardcore, you soon forget about worrying about words. But that song is quite easy to pick out the words in the murmur. Love it - You were not to blame for / Bittersweet distractors / Dare not speak his name/Dedicated to all you, all your needs. So lazy and sexy.

I just heard Giggs say he gotta keep a strap in the house. Dat ain't sexy :p

Rubbish King

Misses my train whilst browsing gaf and im craving a cigarette joureny off to a bad start

Alsp gaf is acting up on my phone so the massive reply I had was lost. ..FUCKCKCKCKCKCKCKCK

NinjaBoiX

Triple Jed truth bomb:

I played a gig with those guys a couple of months back. Lovely fellas but I thought the music was a bit TOO perfect, it felt a bit like being in the crowd at a show on Buffy , there was no density to it. No violence, no sweat. Their bassplayer wore my t-shirt though, so they're good by me.
There is nothing wrong with the music particularly, his vocal is just really weak, limp, whatever. It makes me cringe. The accent, the tone, the paper thin quality, woeful. But they do seem like nice guys in interviews and such.
Creep is shit. Radiohead are brilliant. Eat it.
Yup.

"I hate Radiohead, but that one massive single was decent."

No. No it wasn't, they got so, so much better.

OK Computer is simply majestic, and The Bends is far, far better than Pablo Honey.
I can't believe you posted about hayley and Lanegan in the same breath. Give with one hand, take away with the other... Have you heard the Gutter Twins that he did with Greg Dulli? That shit is the TRUTH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEUmdjgW-r0
Wowzers! Good stuff man, I hadn't heard of this. Just his solo stuff, Screaming Trees, and his recent stuff with Isobel Campbell. But this is sweet!

At times peoples passion over music is almost as alien to me as my love of gaming is to my parents.

Edit: did anyone even realise there were elections today??? Dat record turnout.

NinjaBoiX

I can't make out any of the lyrics. Its all like a faint groan. For the record my hearing is perfect and i am not trolling. I cannot for the life of me every make out anything radiohead sing.
Nah man, you're spot on. Thom does slur a lot. "Delicate" is literally a series of tuneful groans!

But man, I love that band. In the main anyway, sometimes they just take it one experiment too far.

Kentpaul

Triple Jed truth bomb:

There is nothing wrong with the music particularly, his vocal is just really weak, limp, whatever. It makes me cringe. The accent, the tone, the paper thin quality, woeful. But they do seem like nice guys in interviews and such.

Yup.

"I hate Radiohead, but that one massive single was decent."

No. No it wasn't, they got so, so much better.

OK Computer is simply majestic, and The Bends is far, far better than Pablo Honey.

Wowzers! Good stuff man, I hadn't heard of this. Just his solo stuff, Screaming Trees, and his recent stuff with Isobel Campbell. But this is sweet!

The crying words of a radiohead fan. You and i both know radiohead have tried for decades to top creep. They will never make a track as good as creep again. I bet there is fan's who just go to radiohead gigs just to hear creep. Radiohead fans secretly enjoy creep and wish every new radiohead album will have a track that lives up to the hit single CREEP.

I really enjoy creep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp95olCn3lY

I think everyone is forgetting how good creep is.

NinjaBoiX

At times peoples passion over music is almost as alien to me as my love of gaming is to my parents.
You gotta have music in your life man!

I listen to pretty much anything, from Curtis Mayfield (someone on here had never heard of him the other day, I nearly fell off my chair), Bill Withers, Marva Whitney, Otis Redding and such, to Nirvana, Mudhoney, The Melvins, Ween, to Chemical Brothers, Lamb, Massive Attack, Prodigy, to Marissa Nadler, Laura Marling, Lucy Rose, PJ Harvey, to Prince Alla, Bob Marley, Lee Scratch Perry, fuck it, all kinds!

Music is such a big part of life, it's on whenever I have the chance.

Edit: Kent, creep is garbage. Pablo Honey is their worst record. Anyone who knows music knows this.

I've got the day off tomorrow, I am in full on holiday mode, and of COURSE time has slowed to a perpetual crawl. Sadface.

Still the sunshine helps.

Kentpaul

I listen to pretty much anything, from Curtis Mayfield (someone on here had never heard of him the other day, I nearly fell off my chair), Bill Withers, Marva Whitney, Otis Redding and such, to Nirvana, Mudhoney, The Melvins, Ween, to Chemical Brothers, Lamb, Massive Attack, Prodigy, to Marissa Nadler, Laura Marling, Lucy Rose, PJ Harvey, to Prince Alla, Bob Marley, Lee Scratch Perry, fuck it, all kinds!

I also enjoy music, Music makes me feel great and really improves my mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJY52uK9Do0

I also like playing albums i used to love and suddenly lots of memories from that time period come rushing back.

I've got the day off tomorrow, I am in full on holiday mode, and of COURSE time has slowed to a perpetual crawl. Sadface.

I have the entire month off full pay on doctors orders.

Edit: Kent, creep is garbage. Pablo Honey is their worst record. Anyone who knows music knows this.

Yeah I really like listening to music, but I've met so many idiots over the years that associate good music with obscurity.

Rubbish King

Im spending the next five hours on hot sticky trains with abysmal hayfever

I disagree

I have also just realised I don't have all my music on my phone

And oh forgot a book

GGGGGGGGGHHHAGAGAHAHAHAJAHAGA

NinjaBoiX

I'm sorry Kent, I'm being a pretentious muso. I don't mean to be a dick.

But you can't mention you are listening to Clubland Super Xtreme Ibeefa Choons then expect people to take you seriously!

Sorry dude, I really can't help it. Music brings the pretentious douchebag out in me, please excuse me.

Edit: please tell me that Cher link is a joke? Right? RIGHT KENT!

I really should have posted a link ITT but I watched a live stream of a game my wife went to see at the weekend (really could not be arsed to spend my sunday night there :p). Some badass names, but Admiral Attackbar was my fave.

You got a link to that stream anywhere? Gotta watch more matches. :S And what do you think of the name? Everyone calls me Dino anyway since it's my last name. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom