• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I'm sorry Kent, I'm being a pretentious muso. I don't mean to be a dick.

But you can't mention you are listening to Clubland Super Xtreme Ibeefa Choons then expect people to take you seriously!

Sorry dude, I really can't help it. Music brings the pretentious douchebag out in me, please excuse me.

Edit: please tell me that Cher link is a joke? Right? RIGHT KENT!
Coming from someone with a PARAMORE avatar
you know I'm joking ;) listening to riot rite now

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm sorry Kent, I'm being a pretentious muso. I don't mean to be a dick.

But you can't mention you are listening to Clubland Super Xtreme Ibeefa Choons then expect people to take you seriously!

Sorry dude, I really can't help it. Music brings the pretentious douchebag out in me, please excuse me.

Edit: please tell me that Cher link is a joke? Right? RIGHT KENT!

I never joke.

A good bit of dance music gets me excited for the weekend. It's the type of music that instantly makes me feel like i can take on the world. One first pump at a time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgTB1ay_nnA

You can't possibly hate that ? Shit's the stuff of good times.

NinjaBoiX

Coming from someone with a PARAMORE avatar
you know I'm joking ;) listening to riot rite now
Oh I know. I'm pelting him with stones from my enormous and fragile glass manshion. It's all part of the fun! If Cher was as hot as Hayley though, I'd let him off.

(seriously, it's only music though, and I'm only jestin'. Kent is cool, I'm just messing with him!)

And it's an avatar celebrating Hayley's innate beauty, not Paramore. Come on Tash, you know this.

Edit: yes Kent! Duke and Disclosure are great. Aluna is damn fine too.

Rubbish King

God bless Hayley

Hey 3sixty I'm coming into Southampton right now and I thought I'd just say how spectacularly shit it is looking right now

Rubbish King

I'm trying to understand what this would sound like when vocalised... :D

Doing a performance review over Skype! Modern technology aye?

I really wanted this to end by 1pm...I wanna go sit in the sun! :p
Have the perfect video to display the noise but I can't post it from my phone:(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I also enjoy music, Music makes me feel great and really improves my mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJY52uK9Do0

I also like playing albums i used to love and suddenly lots of memories from that time period come rushing back.

This is one of the benefits of getting older and having a massive record collection. I literally have albums that I have not heard in over a decade, I love when this shit comes up on random. Times and places and people. Feels good.

Yeah I really like listening to music, but I've met so many idiots over the years that associate good music with obscurity.

I fear I may fall into this category but I swear it's not on purpose (at least, it's not conscious). For me, my favourite stuff is things I feel like I've 'discovered' or have had someone I really respect recommend them to me. I get turned off popular stuff when I feel that it's shoved down my throat, or when people I don't respect are super into it. TBH, I think this is Fat Kid Not Being Allowed to Play Football in the Playground syndrome - if all the normal kids are into something then it is by default not for me. I guess it's the same reason I read comics and play games - my friends didn't, so it's mine.

Yes I am a contrarian.

Music talk, one of those time I feel out of place.

Now you know how I feel when you lot talk about Nintendo :p

You got a link to that stream anywhere? Gotta watch more matches. :S And what do you think of the name? Everyone calls me Dino anyway since it's my last name. xD

Yeah man I like it, very subtle :) Here's the site where I saw it, I think it's pay per view now, but only £2 a pop. Pocket change for a grownup.

NinjaBoiX

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/singles

All the good music i like can be found in the UK top 40.
tumblr_lkhgskMjDL1qbsb9zo1_250.gif

Haha, fair play Kent!

(sorry, Tash has joined the discussion now, so that means gifs. If you have an issue with this, please refer it to my manager, Mr Brooke.)

Rubbish King

There's a hot girl eyeballing me on a train... what do I do

I'm a manager now. Looks like ill have to upgrade girs gear when I return to Pompey

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
There's a hot girl eyeballing me on a train... what do I do

I'm a manager now. Looks like ill have to upgrade girs gear when I return to Pompey

Give it a few more mins of eye contact then go say hi? What's the worst that could happen? As we discovered with friend Alex, people on trains can be remarkable receptive to conversation.

I fear I may fall into this category but I swear it's not on purpose (at least, it's not conscious). For me, my favourite stuff is things I feel like I've 'discovered' or have had someone I really respect recommend them to me. I get turned off popular stuff when I feel that it's shoved down my throat, or when people I don't respect are super into it. TBH, I think this is Fat Kid Not Being Allowed to Play Football in the Playground syndrome - if all the normal kids are into something then it is by default not for me. I guess it's the same reason I read comics and play games - my friends didn't, so it's mine.

Yes I am a contrarian.

No I get the enjoyment of discovering a new band or artist which is fresh and interesting and recommending it. But I've met so many who would harp on about something for a while and the second they became relatively popular would denounce them as bad.

Now if the band you loves becomes popular and suddenly changes their sound/style to chase the money then I understand peoples frustrations (my gaming example would be COD). It's when that doesn't happen, and snobbery emerges simply because they became mainstream.

Danj

I feel a little spaced today, very mild and that's only after 1 10mg pill. I also felt a little sick earlier too.

Yeah nausea's one of the possible side effects. Check out the little leaflet included with the pills, there's a bunch of info on there about side effects you might experience.

NinjaBoiX

Man, I just got a McD's promo burger with fancy fries and a medium Cappuccino.

£5.79!

No wonder that company is loaded!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No I get the enjoyment of discovering a new band or artist which is fresh and interesting and recommending it. But I've met so many who would harp on about something for a while and the second they became relatively popular would denounce them as bad.

Now if the band you loves becomes popular and suddenly changes their sound/style to chase the money then I understand peoples frustrations (my gaming example would be COD). It's when that doesn't happen, and snobbery emerges simply because they became mainstream.

Like Muse then? I went right off them after Oranges.

Rubbish King

Listening to nickelbacks latest album and I really don't get the hate, the guitar work is wicked shitsome blistering solos and awesome riffs I love it
I love muse, I sold a limited copy of showbiz on double clear vinyl for £250, I needed that money!
You crazy fuck
You know you should've kept that

Oh man, Showbiz and Origin were great records.

Then Matt turned into an opera singer and they disappeared up their own arses.

I like emotive OTT singing (clearly), but man, he just whines, it sounds awful. Like he's really upset but trying to sing.

Urgh, no thanks.

The whole conspiracy/government taking over shit that has fed into the last few albums has really annoyed me too. It just feels really cynically motivated to pull in the type of people who followed KONY 2012.

Yeah man I like it, very subtle :) Here's the site where I saw it, I think it's pay per view now, but only £2 a pop. Pocket change for a grownup.

Danke good sir, I think I'll stick with that name then. :D I was looking at a Korean Derby team site and found some awesome names like Run DMZ and Chink in the Armour. Man that second one would've been awesome. xD

And where's the site again? :O

NinjaBoiX

Showbiz sucks, he's better off with the money.
Nonsense. Sunburn alone sells it. The piano intro gets me every time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9SZaOJEWXU

Srsly guise, I just got mad goosebumps hearing the first few notes while I copied that URL. So epic.
The whole conspiracy/government taking over shit that has fed into the last few albums has really annoyed me too. It just feels really cynically motivated to pull in the type of people who followed KONY 2012.
I literally stopped listening to them a few albums back. No interest in their new stuff whatsoever. That one that sounded like Queen was pretty cool, Madness maybe?

NinjaBoiX

My mate did this with the Arctic Monkeys. Whatever People (yadda yadda awful album title yadda) came out, I hammered it, we both loved it. It was this cool underground indie band, making their own success see.

Then a few weeks later, they were all over the radio, and had blown up big time. Suddenly he hated them.

Fuck that noise, listen to whatever floats your boat. I love those guys, can't wait for the new album.

R U Mine is so fucking good:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQH8ZTgna3Q

Yeah, I liked Madness, but the other stuff on that Album wasn't great. I don't think they will ever beat Origin of Symmetry.
Hypermusic is my favourite track of theirs. That discordant riffage, the chorus, "I don't want you, and I never did, I don't love you, and I never will!"

Love it.

Hystzen

I can't believe that Dizzie fucking rascal is main support act for Muse in a few weeks during stadium tour suppose that is when I hit the bar

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
My mate did this with the Arctic Monkeys. Whatever People (yadda yadda awful album title yadda) came out, I hammered it, we both loved it. It was this cool underground indie band, making their own success see.

Then a few weeks later, they were all over the radio, and had blown up big time. Suddenly he hated them.

Fuck that noise, listen to whatever floats your boat. I love those guys, can't wait for the new album.

Hypermusic is my favourite track of theirs. That discordant riffage, the chorus, "I don't want you, and I never did, I don't love you, and I never will!"

Love it.

The first two Arctic Monkeys records are great, they lost the edge a little bit was alter records, too many slow songs with that tarantino tremolo on them.

NinjaBoiX

The first two Arctic Monkeys records are great, they lost the edge a little bit was alter records, too many slow songs with that tarantino tremolo on them.
I hear what you're saying, but I love it when he goes all crooner on us!

Did you listen to R U Mine? I think it'll be much more up your street, it's more Favorite Worst Nightmare than Suck it and See.

I love Suck It now, it's just a grower. It's like 90's Mancuninan psychedelia.

Love it.

Since I don't really listen to the radio or usually go looking for music I've barely heard anything they've done since their first album (which I really liked). I was wondering the other week if they were still around.

I noticed the hate forming for them too though once their singles were being played everywhere.

Another blast from 2006: what happened to the Kooks? Their songs were played everywhere for months, they released a second album, then fell into an event horizon or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom