• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

f0rk

I love Suck It now, it's just a grower. It's like 90's Mancuninan psychedelia.

I do too. I like that their sound changes each album. I think they've actually come back around on the hipster 'uhh they are too popular' thing, their new stuff seems to go relatively unnoticed but a lot of people still have that dumb mental block in their mind. Pitchfork can't review an album without mentioning NME in the first paragraph.

Also in music Kanye just tweeted June 18th randomly, this year is so good.

NinjaBoiX

Since I don't really listen to the radio or usually go looking for music I've barely heard anything they've done since their first album (which I really liked). I was wondering the other week if they were still around.

I noticed the hate forming for them too though once their singles were being played everywhere.

Another blast from 2006: what happened to the Kooks? Their songs were played everywhere for months, they released a second album, then fell into an event horizon or something.
Oh yeah, they're still around. Alex moved to NY (with Alexa Chung, lucky bastard!), they made it fairly big in the states, worked with Josh Homme on Humbug, they aren't some fly by nights!

They are back working with James Ford (Simian Mobile Disco), the guy who produced Favourite Worst Nightmare, which is excellent news. He suits their angular, punchy sound well, what with his electro production heritage. A match made in heaven.

I don't think Humbug worked out so well, it had too much Josh in it. It ended up sounding like a QOTSA album, which is of course no bad thing, but they lost their sound amongst all the Homme noodling.

Edit: I don't care what happened to The Kooks. They called themselves The Kooks to start with. Fuck those guys.

Moving on from music for a moment, I have a good 30 odd slots of "Friend Space" left on my XBL friends list - if anyone wants to add me?

360/PC gaming mostly. :)

I was sat on the wall just a bit further down from the ice cream truck an hour ago.

Did you see some devilishly handsome chap in a red hoodie? If so, that was me! ;)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I hear what you're saying, but I love it when he goes all crooner on us!

Did you listen to R U Mine? I think it'll be much more up your street, it's more Favorite Worst Nightmare than Suck it and See.

I love Suck It now, it's just a grower. It's like 90's Mancuninan psychedelia.

I got sooooo excited when I heard that first single like a heavier Queens of the Stone Age. And then the album was too croony for me. I like croony music too, but when the band is best being sharp and ascerbic I get a bit annoyed when they don't play to their strengths. I thought his side band was meant to be for these meandering paens to the 60s.

Jesus 100 posts per hour again? Slow the fuck down.

No. Speed up or get outta the way! You can't even blame the southern clique now. We're just talky.

NinjaBoiX

I got sooooo excited when I heard that first single like a heavier Queens of the Stone Age. And then the album was too croony for me. I like croony music too, but when the band is best being sharp and ascerbic I get a bit annoyed when they don't play to their strengths. I thought his side band was meant to be for these meandering paens to the 60s.
Hey, don't speak ill about the Puppets!

It is hit or miss, but some of it is gorgeous. The Chamber is so lush:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zii0R0n0zXM

I like some of Miles Kane's solo stuff too, much better than The Rascals ever were:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ArKce0jgjc

SteveWD40

Just been out in the balmy 14c, got a banana buzz smoothy from boost, holy fuck it was good.

Lots of hot girls in the park lay on the grass...

tumblr_lnskzapODf1qiqx69o1_500.gif

Was there a clique? Should I go? :p

Anyone got anything good planned for their weekends? I have a gig a the Cutty Sark next week (awesome!) so plan to be practicing constantly in preperation.

Getting paid to do music is fun!

NinjaBoiX

Hell naw! You're part of the new clique boyee!

IamMikeside was a big poster in here, and a really nice bloke to boot. He spoke out about moderation to Evi and was perma'd. Shame, he was well liked in here.

Noffles also got perma'd.
DiAvA7S.gif

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

Anyone got anything good planned for their weekends? I have a gig a the Cutty Sark next week (awesome!) so plan to be practicing constantly in preperation.

Getting paid to do music is fun!
Its probably best we don't discuss that bit you are certainly most welcome sir:D

And that rocks.. being paid to do what you love is the shit

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Just been out in the balmy 14c, got a banana buzz smoothy from boost, holy fuck it was good.

Lots of hot girls in the park lay on the grass...

tumblr_lnskzapODf1qiqx69o1_500.gif

Yes, I love the parade of gorgeous women in the summer. Makes you feel alive! I think I look pretty good in my scruffy suit shades and beard combo today. But there's good, and then there's these hot summer people. A different breed, some of them.

NinjaBoiX

So my thieving housemate apologised this morning with a 4 pack of Wispas and a nice post it note. I left him, "FUCK YOU SCUMBAG!!!" as a joke, so I got a msg asking if I have forgiven him.

"Of course dude, I was just joking. Just stop stealing my stuff!" he laughed it off, and I went about my day.

I got in from work, and he's cooked a chicken dinner, scrubbed the bathroom, and eventually assembled the bed I've been pestering him to do since he got delivered about a week ago.

AND THE SUN IS SHINING!

It's a good day to be alive ladies and gents. Maybe I'll give him a Wispa, and a pat on the head.

Dat positive reinforcement...

daviyoung

Banned
He's just won 200 arsehole points to do with as he pleases. Don't think this is the end of the Wispa behaviour, you have to be prepared for the long game.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
So my thieving housemate apologised this morning with a 4 pack of Wispas and a nice post it note. I left him, "FUCK YOU SCUMBAG!!!" as a joke, so I got a msg asking if I have forgiven him.

"Of course dude, I was just joking. Just stop stealing my stuff!" he laughed it off, and I went about my day.

I got in from work, and he's cooked a chicken dinner, scrubbed the bathroom, and eventually assembled the bed I've been pestering him to do since he got delivered about a week ago.

AND THE SUN IS SHINING!

It's a good day to be alive ladies and gents. Maybe I'll give him a Wispa, and a pat on the head.

Dat positive reinforcement...
Haha sounds like he's learned his limits and what you expect from a good housemate.
Or at least learned to pretend long enough to get you off his back.
CHEEZMO™;56631284 said:
Fuckin' full.

yum
Sad that this sensation is so elusive to me when I make the effort to eat healthy. That carb addiction :/

daviyoung

Banned
Shit, I need some tactics Davi!

I've had shit sandwiches suggested by 8bit, but that sounds kinda messy.

Don't offer to cook him anything, even a shit sandwich. You've still put time and thought into preparation and he'll just take that away, ignoring the outcome.

I can see two options:

Steal his girlfriend.

or

Always give him the Madcatz controller when playing Xbox.

NinjaBoiX

I can see two options:

Steal his girlfriend.

or

Always give him the Madcatz controller when playing Xbox.
Pfft, madcatz controller, what kind of guy do you think I am?

I could steal his girlfriend though...

beat him to death

Madcatz controller torture? You inhuman monster.
wellthatescalatedquickly.jpeg

Nah seriously, he's a good guy. I was surprised when all the food stealing happened, but he seems to be showing remorse.

So at least he isn't a serial killer.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Been in devon for a few hours and im waste/... feelsgoodman.jpg

Will report back tomorrow

Farewell britgaf..wish me luck

Evening, GAF.

Good day today. I went up to the city in nice weather, saw Iron Man 3 with five friends (fun, not Avengers fun, but a good laugh all the same) and had an iced coffee for the first time ever (it was rather lovely). I got a few books and the new issue of Hawkeye too, so it's a good day all round.

Have to see the doctor tomorrow and then I'm handing in my laptop to be fixed. I've got two lines of stuck pixels. I'm hoping against hope they're not dead as they're not black, but worst case scenario, new screen. I did a few months work experience at the repair shop and still call in time to time, so I'm hoping they'll be gentle. I've also got to install Linux on an old netbook to get me over the week-or-so without my main machine.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up a broken G5 iMac for £20. Gonna see if I can get something going with it.

Those GTAV previews god damn that sounds insane

Sounds incredible and i'm loving this;
Where 4 opted for realism, 5 seems more focused on just having a good time.

Getting hyped, hopefully it makes the next gen systems. Considering the sheer size of the game, it has too, right?

Sounds incredible and i'm loving this;

Getting hyped, hopefully it makes the next gen systems. Considering the sheer size of the game, it has too, right?

If they don't have the player flying out of the windscreen after a big crash I'll be happy. Took some of the fun out of it for me.

Still need to finish 4 actually (which I have to start again thanks to GFWL), and the expansions. At least on the PC this should be Steamworks (Max Payne was right?).

Hystzen

I'm just happy stats are back plus giving us different ways to play a mission for a change.

Plus the under sea parts don't sound a complete waste I was expecting, I didn't mind the focus of movie style realism in GTA4 just has issues when you want to replay the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom