• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hystzen

FFS stupid Download Festival have said no to National Express coaches only stupid Big Green Coaches who want £45. NE only wanted £18 goddamn it need figure out what going do for travel

SKINNER!

Banned
fuck you that song bumps
I ain't fucking with any of her ballads or anything but some of the Beyonce's pop songs are really good

Yeah, I suppose the upbeat stuff can be alright. I just don't get her "All men are assholes!" shtick.

EDIT: Great Kanye track.

FFS stupid Download Festival have said no to National Express coaches only stupid Big Green Coaches who want £45. NE only wanted £18 goddamn it need figure out what going do for travel

Where you travelling from? Are trains no good?

Suairyu

Banned
Welcome to the world of companies kick-backing other companies.

Music gig industry is a joke. Would quite like TicketMaster to die as well.

Hystzen

Welcome to the world of companies kick-backing other companies.

Music gig industry is a joke. Would quite like TicketMaster to die as well.

They used NE all time not sure why the decided now be a good idea to take the cut from another company who don't have coach service for most of UK. They used Big Green in 09 but the company went bust or something and just changed everybody to NE

Jordan

So, work was interesting this morning.

I got in quite late, was absolutely fucking hanging this morning when I woke up - pretty sure I was still massively intoxicated - but drove to work anyway (it's a two minute drive and nobody was on the road)

I was okay at work considering we were moving offices, up until lunch time - at this point the hangover was trying to win me over and definitely wanted feeding - I sat for half hour just struggling to move but went to the pub and got a burger!

Pretty good day at work, quite happy with my new desk and the office - apart from the fact that I face a wall in an open space office and I quite often have headphones on, so I worry that someone may walk behind me and I'll panic.

WLYNriS.jpg

Ignore the mess

Jordan

Nice dual set up. How's that curved keyboard working for you? Never tried one of those. I do have a wireless keyboard and mouse at work which is quite nice as it reduces the clutter on my desktop.

Wow that is surreal. Was that a news of the world sign I saw?

The keyboard is really strange and I find it weird going between that keyboard and my home one. I am the new boy so I haven't got anything new and shiny yet. Still on probation, I'm quite shocked I have dual screens but still no bloody admin rights which makes my life quite difficult and I'm having to pester everybody else for help.

Valkyria

Banned
I have one question that maybe someone can answer. I have seen a lot of offers for professionally rewrite mi CV, for like 50 pounds. Is it really worth it or It's a scam?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Yeah, don't do it Valkyria. Just have a trusted friend look it over for free, or could always ask GAF for tips.

8bit

Knows the Score
I have one question that maybe someone can answer. I have seen a lot of offers for professionally rewrite mi CV, for like 50 pounds. Is it really worth it or It's a scam?

I got someone from reviewmycvdotcom or something similar to review my cv during a promotion on experteer (for free) as I wanted some pointers about it in general. I can pm you their feedback on mine as it seems pretty generic advice.

Valkyria

Banned
Yeah, don't do it Valkyria. Just have a trusted friend look it over for free, or could always ask GAF for tips.

Well thanks for the advice. I use the standard european template, but I'm gonna change it a bit to highlight some key knowledge. Man it's hard to find a job in any country nowdays, but maybe I should go there for a short time, I understand that a person living at the moment in other country it's not a perfect candidate.

I got someone from reviewmycvdotcom or something similar to review my cv during a promotion on experteer (for free) as I wanted some pointers about it in general. I can pm you their feedback on mine as it seems pretty generic advice.

Yeah Total Cv did the same to me once a joined totaljobs.

8bit

Knows the Score
Well thanks for the advice. I use the standard european template, but I'm gonna change it a bit to highlight some key knowledge. Man it's hard to find a job in any country nowdays, but maybe I should go there for a short time, I understand that a person living at the moment in other country it's not a perfect candidate.

Yeah Total Cv did the same to me once a joined totaljobs.

Have sent it to you anyway. That'll be 25 quid please.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Well I am out drinking now and possibly keel this thread entertained. It kind of sucks that most of your friends in your home area are not the drinking type so I am out on my 23rd birthday having a drink. Had a nice meal with the group but none wanted to go out. Booooo. Fairly tipsy now.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I have no idea why Amazon has review section for but I did laugh at somebody spending so much effort to type this
Lots of spiteful folks all over the Internet; it's kind of scary when you think about it. I've engaged in my fair share of that stuff too. End of the day it's just a big waste of time.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving

daviyoung

Banned
Did you drink there much? I definitely prefer it to the milton ^_^

Not much, I think once or twice. It's much better than the Milton Arms for sure, as in, it's a decent boozer and not just a local. Went to the Milton Arms a few times for gigs in the barn but that's about it. There are so many pubs on that island there was no need for me to go much further than the end of my road to hit a few, so I rarely ventured into Milton.

Z

ZombieFred

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks Brit mum. Girl who likes me with double d breasts who is wild is coming in a taxi to look after me and make my night so I should be ok!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom