• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danj

Danj,

I'm probably going to head up to Cambridge either this weekend or the weekend after. Anything you recommend doing besides the pub and restaurant you mentioned? Any sights to see? Parks to visit? any must do?

If you like museums there's the free-to-enter Fitzwilliam Museum. There's also a dedicated Sightseeing bus tour, though it's freaking expensive IMO - you might be better off just making a list of the places on the route you find interesting and then getting a Dayrider to go there on the normal buses (Dayrider for the main Cambridge city area is £3.90, Dayrider Plus for the whole of Cambridgeshire is £6). If you want to venture outside of Cambridge proper, there's the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, where they have lots of older aeroplanes you can go inside and look at and stuff (if I recall correctly they even have a Concorde). They also have some boats and tanks and stuff too.

In terms of parks, Parker's Piece is a popular spot if the weather is nice, it's also apparently the birthplace of the modern game of football (they're going to put up a Subbuteo referee statue to celebrate this apparently).

I'm not much of a sightseer unfortunately but those are the things that I can think of off the top of my head.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't know if it's the 360 controller or what but wall jumping in Super Metroid succcccckkkkkkkkssssss

I don't think it's even the controller, I did it with a snes pad last year and it was still hard as shit. But if you're playing snes emulated you owe it to yourself to pick up a snes pad and a usb adapter. You owe it to the games man.

SKINNER!

Banned
"That guy fae REM done a shite in here 97" is quite possibly the most significant toilet cubicle graffiti I've ever witnessed. Currently at the King Tuts.

6 till 12..first proper shift behind the bar

Give me some tips guys

I've done bar work. Just be friendly and smiley with everyone even if they're a miserable cunt. Get good at being observant and remembering who came to the bar first. Ignore people who shout out and wave their money in the air, they can wait their turn like everyone else.

There's a fine line between having a hangover and still being drunk!

Yep, still being drunk makes work tolerable, the hangover makes it hell

If you want to venture outside of Cambridge proper, there's the Imperial War Museum at Duxford, where they have lots of older aeroplanes you can go inside and look at and stuff (if I recall correctly they even have a Concorde). They also have some boats and tanks and stuff too.

I've been there, it's actually really awesome and interesting.

SmokyDave

Started playing 'Catherine' on PS3. Love the story, but fuck me it's hard. Really hard. Like, 'if this didn't have a great story I would take my hard drive out and stamp on the bastard' hard.

I just needed to get that off my chest.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Started playing 'Catherine' on PS3. Love the story, but fuck me it's hard. Really hard. Like, 'if this didn't have a great story I would take my hard drive out and stamp on the bastard' hard.

I feel the same way. It would be one of the best games if not for the gameplay of the dream sequences. Shitty puzzle platforming :/

41uXVcdBnnL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Savages - "Silence Yourself" is so fucking good.

They're playing a live concert on Youtube right now.

Hystzen

3rd level of the clock tower made me rage quit then drop the game for 2 weeks.

the answer was painfully obvious too when figured it out was so pissed off but after that game was not that hard

NinjaBoiX

I feel the same way. It would be one of the best games if not for the gameplay of the dream sequences. Shitty puzzle platforming :/
I'm playing on easy for this exact reason. It's pretty good.

SmokyDave

Cheers chaps, this feels like a support group for Catherine players. I reckon I'm gonna restart on easy. I'm too old for this shit.

And to think, I used to routinely beat Streets Of Rage 2 on Mania mode :(

SmokyDave

Even the Japanese raged over difficulty and asked for it be lowered so a patch was made.
Oh, woah. I was just going through a whole 'Western devs > Eastern devs' rant in my head and now I feel foolish.

The story is great though. Really reminds me of how it feels to be a cheater.

Suairyu

Banned
I'm still in work and will be for at least another couple of hours.

I think if I look into freelance internet work like copywriting or something I might be able to edge out just enough income to exist as a travelling vagrant and see some fucking sights and culture for once.

f0rk

I'm still in work and will be for at least another couple of hours.

I think if I look into freelance internet work like copywriting or something I might be able to edge out just enough income to exist as a travelling vagrant and see some fucking sights and culture for once.

jeez dude

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
First proper shift went well

back in at 12 tomorrow...should be fun :D

also thanks for the advice guys

Jordan, you're drunk! :D

Hystzen

Oh, woah. I was just going through a whole 'Western devs > Eastern devs' rant in my head and now I feel foolish.

The story is great though. Really reminds me of how it feels to be a cheater.

The story is damn amazing and shockingly the Voice acting is amazing which really helps. The explanation about the dreams at the end is hilarious in a good way. If you make it that far would love to hear your reaction to the ending you get and thoughts

I haven't played any of the Persona games. I wouldn't really know where to start =(

Persona 4's on PS2, or if you have a Vita there's Persona 4 Golden. Either will do. It's not a direct sequel at all- you can start with any, 4's just the best. They're not hard, either- not grind heavy, accessible enough mechanically speaking... They're some good shit.

Oh, but it usually takes around 100 hours to finish.

Hystzen

P4 is most accessible compared to others

P3 has the awful idea of Tartarus as the main dungeon which gets old fast

P2 is great but is dated compared to 3 n 4

P1 not got round too

SleazyC

Hi BritGAF!

I'll be in the UK for two weeks (one for work, one for vacation) at the end of May and was wondering if anyone could give me some information on how much cash I should be carrying. I hope to be able to charge most of my expenses (and eat the 1-3% processing fee + exchange rate) since I hate carrying cash on me but I know I will need some cash to pay where credit may not be accepted.

I was thinking maybe 350 pounds might last me for my one week in Oxford and one week in London but am pretty clueless on whether I would be ok on that.

Also would love any suggestions on things to do or see in both cities. Thanks!

EDIT - Forgot to mention that I will be traveling to the UK from the States.

Chinner

Banned
turns out we have monday off, so have a 3 weekend. going to bring forward going to phi phi islands to this weekend now. gonna get pics, might write iammikeside in the sand.

SteveWD40

Hi BritGAF!

I'll be in the UK for two weeks (one for work, one for vacation) at the end of May and was wondering if anyone could give me some information on how much cash I should be carrying. I hope to be able to charge most of my expenses (and eat the 1-3% processing fee + exchange rate) since I hate carrying cash on me but I know I will need some cash to pay where credit may not be accepted.

I was thinking maybe 350 pounds might last me for my one week in Oxford and one week in London but am pretty clueless on whether I would be ok on that.

Also would love any suggestions on things to do or see in both cities. Thanks!

EDIT - Forgot to mention that I will be traveling to the UK from the States.

Sounds ok, cards are accepted pretty much everywhere, the only time I need cash really is when buying a drink in a bar / pub and only because most of them have £10 minimum card transactions.

Ah, dude, I'd gladly have sank a pint with ya but I'll be hurling myself around Sherwood Pines on my mountain bike. Sunday I'll probably spend in QMC repairing all my old broken bits :(

It's all good man. I'll be preoccupied with a lady friend all day Saturday, but next time fo sho!

Rubbish King

Insanity day 4 √

Morning guys, next shift in an hour....tomorrow im doing 6 till close and there is a queen cover band

Halp

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Well today I'm doing something completely new. I'm assisting a blind chap to the science museum. Will be taking him every Friday for about seven weeks. Should be interesting to see behind the scenes of the Sci Museum.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Insanity day 4 √

Morning guys, next shift in an hour....tomorrow im doing 6 till close and there is a queen cover band

Halp

What's the insanity? Is it the 6 hour shifts? Sounds fairly cushtie to me mate :p And a Queen cover band?? You are spoiled!

Been hit on by any wobbly 50 year olds yet? I bet you'd make some scary single mum a fine trophy.

Rubbish King

Are you enjoying it? Is it at least better than the hotel?
Yeah I liked yesterday and I got on with most of the locals apart from one bitch of an old lady who was one helluva darts playaaa

Well today I'm doing something completely new. I'm assisting a blind chap to the science museum. Will be taking him every Friday for about seven weeks. Should be interesting to see behind the scenes of the Sci Museum.
Wow... That's cool, how did you end up with that on your plate?
What's the insanity? Is it the 6 hour shifts? Sounds fairly cushtie to me mate :p And a Queen cover band?? You are spoiled!

Been hit on by any wobbly 50 year olds yet? I bet you'd make some scary single mum a fine trophy.
It's a workout program lol The 6 hour shifts are a breeze although not being allowed to have my phone even when it's dead SUCKS..

No 50 year olds yet...it's only a matter of time

Rubbish King

Nice one. How are you liking it? I tried doing it in conjunction with P90x and killed myself a long time ago. I should go back to it sometime soon since it'd be good for some secondary training for derby.

And just joined this is my jam thanks to y'all: http://www.thisismyjam.com/donkeyshow

Ahh it's a bitch, I'm not taking it too seriously atm but it is a great workout regardless, today was power/cardio recovery....... I thought it was going to be a piece of piss

NOPE

But yeah, hope I can finish it! :D

Right off to work, see ya later guys!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah I liked yesterday and I got on with most of the locals apart from one bitch of an old lady who was one helluva darts playaaa

Wow... That's cool, how did you end up with that on your plate?

It's a workout program lol The 6 hour shifts are a breeze although not being allowed to have my phone even when it's dead SUCKS..

No 50 year olds yet...it's only a matter of time

Aha. Meet up muscle check incoming. Left arm, to keep it fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom