• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

The robotic voice in Get Lucky...

"We're up all night to get lucky"

sounds like:

"We'll rub a Mexican Monkey"

Can't unhear...

P41CE80.gif

NinjaBoiX

One of the lads I live with, let's call him Clyde, lent a mutual friend £660 about six months ago. A few weeks after borrowing it, our pal, let's call him Jethro, dropped off the radar.

Now for the past six months, we haven't heard a peep from Jethro. Then the other day, he comes round for a few beers. It was all good laughs and such, but there was an elephant in the room.

At one point, Jethro pulled some money from his pocket, to which Clyde said "Jesus, so you've got some money then?", yet Jethro didn't get the hint. He has yet to mention the money at all.

So my question is, should I mention it to Jethro? Clyde will probably never ask for it, that's just the way he is, but it's just so fucking sly. Should I confront Jethro?

Suairyu

Banned
One of the lads I live with, let's call him Clyde, lent a mutual friend £660 about six months ago. A few weeks after borrowing it, our pal, let's call him Jethro, dropped off the radar.

Now for the past six months, we haven't heard a peep from Jethro. Then the other day, he comes round for a few beers. It was all good laughs and such, but there was an elephant in the room.

At one point, Jethro pulled some money from his pocket, to which Clyde said "Jesus, so you've got some money then?", yet Jethro didn't get the hint. He has yet to mention the money at all.

So my question is, should I mention it to Jethro? Clyde will probably never ask for it, that's just the way he is, but it's just so fucking sly. Should I confront Jethro?
Why could you and Clyde even stomach sharing beers with Jethro?

Jethro stole Clyde's money and ran. I'm amazed he returned.

This was the point where you or "Clyde" should have said "Where the fuck is my money?".

Jethro is probably laughing his cock off that you let him do that.

SKINNER!

Banned
Tyler the creator and Yelawolf got confirmed alongside K Dot as supporting acts for Eminem this August.

Sheeeeeeeit, regret not snatching a ticket now.

NinjaBoiX

Why could you and Clyde even stomach sharing beers with Jethro?

Jethro stole Clyde's money and ran. I'm amazed he returned.
I assumed there was going to be a "so Clyde, sorry I haven't given you that money yet, but..." moment. But no, nothing. And plus, they were my beers, he doesn't owe me anything.
This was the point where you or "Clyde" should have said "Where the fuck is my money?".

Jethro is probably laughing his cock off that you let him do that.
I very nearly did, I was just hoping he would offer. And at that point, I didn't want to make a mug of Clyde by asking for it on his behalf.

I'll have to mention it to him next time. Clyde is pretty skint, he could really do with it back.

I forgot to mention the biggest hint Clyde dropped, Jethro mentioned a charity run he was doing, and said he might come knocking for donations. Clyde replied," you can fuck off, you aren't getting any more money from me!" in a joking manner. He didn't get the hint.

Well, next time you see him, don't give him the impression he can treat you like mugs again.

Anyway... I guess I got a new iPod? Anyone got any decent game/app suggestions?

SmokyDave

Clyde doesn't deserve to get his money back if he can't just look the guy straight in the eye and ask him what the fucking deal is.

NinjaBoiX

Well, next time you see him, don't give him the impression he can treat you like mugs again.
If it was my money, I'd have been on his case like a shot. It's Clyde who needs the help, I just don't want to over step the line.
Clyde doesn't deserve to get his money back if he can't just look the guy straight in the eye and ask him what the fucking deal is.
You may be right Dave. I don't like to see someone get taken advantage of, but at the same time, he's a big boy.

Hence the dilemma. I know if I don't say anything, he probably won't see it again.

Bah, I'll give it another week or so, then I'll decide. It's none of my business really, just Clyde is a good guy, I don't want him to be made a mug of.

If it was my money, I'd have been on his case like a shot. It's Clyde who needs the help, I just don't want to over step the line.

Yeah, just phrased that wrong, but you get the point.

Dave's right really, if he can't be arsed to try and get his money back then that's his loss.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Reknoc you're a class act.

And it'd have to be a really, really good mate to lend 660 quid to. That's like one whole xbone plus tv subscription.

Jordan

So my parents have just seen my ex out for the first time since she broke up with me... and they were shocked that she ignored them...
Don't really get why they're shocked at all. I'd probably acknowledge her family, some more than others but each to their own I guess.

NinjaBoiX

Getting drunk in the sun tashbrooke will be proud
I'm taking the opportunity to get a few loads of washing dry and pressure hosing the back yard out.

Living the dream.

Actually, combined with sunshine, loud music, beer and cannabis, it's fairly enjoyable.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Already gonna get Phoenix Wright. Already have Ghost Trick on DS, not getting that again, good as it is.

I've played Infinity Blade before... eh. S'alright.
Super Hexagon, ESCAPE (via Kongregate.com) Knights of Pen and Paper, Jetpack Joyride, Puzzle Craft.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Thanks, I'll check those out. Super Hexagon seems like a (extremely frustrating) must-have.
Yes, it really is. But you get better the more you play and when you clear a mode it's extremely satisfying. Warning: Puzzle Craft is extremely addictive.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm taking the opportunity to get a few loads of washing dry and pressure hosing the back yard out.

Living the dream.

Actually, combined with sunshine, loud music, beer and cannabis, it's fairly enjoyable.

I almost forgot about my 5 or so grams i have that Should go nicely on top of my drunkness.

Good music and vibes later

Reknoc

Already gonna get Phoenix Wright. Already have Ghost Trick on DS, not getting that again, good as it is.

I've played Infinity Blade before... eh. S'alright.

Don't get Phoenix Wright, cause you'll only want more and CAPCOM STILL HASNT RELEASED THEM YET FUCK

anyway, get Puzzle and Dragons and Ridiculous Fishing.

8bit

Knows the Score
The orange walk can be heard from my bbq

Now that's something I don't miss. Drunken bastards.

Anyway... I guess I got a new iPod? Anyone got any decent game/app suggestions?

I really like Disney's Where's My Water? Water based physics puzzler, but requiring quite a bit of thought.

Vyktal

There is a Brit-Gaf. Consider me chuffed to bits!

Where do you live: Warwickshire
Where are you from: Surrey/Sorry
University: Warwick
Favourite Sport: Probably squash
Political party of choice: Indifferent
Favourite thing on the box: Nought I watch regularly. Prefer watching series on the internet
Favourite crisp flavour: Prawn Cocktail
Favourite biscuit: McVities Digestives with tea
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Steelix
Beano or Dandy: Beano all day

Reading some proper british-chat on Neogaf will be a welcome change from all the 'Americanisms'.

Cheers!

Favourite thing on the box: Nought I watch regularly. Prefer watching series on the internet

Reading some proper british-chat on Neogaf will be a welcome change from all the 'Americanisms'.

Cheers!

Welcome! You're already cool just for being the first person in ages to answer the Pokemon question. Watch out for Tashbrooke- he doesn't bite, but he does smell a bit funny.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Nearly home cant wait for a spliff and a cold beer.
what beer you on lad? i drank coors light for the first time, what a fucking travesty
Welcome! You're already cool just for being the first person in ages to answer the Pokemon question. Watch out for Tashbrooke- he doesn't bite, but he does smell a bit funny.

considering im having a shit right now i will let that slide

Cheers!
i hear dat bruddah

Rubbish King

You do it, its better it coming from you than him, otherwise awkward tension could end in you buddys falling out and him being out of pocket forever

also can somebody lend me £660?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
what beer you on lad? i drank coors light for the first time, what a fucking travesty

considering im having a shit right now i will let that slide

i hear dat bruddah

Been bumming beer all day man, tennents exprot and il pick a strong one at the shop soon

Coors light is a nice flavoured water. Refreshing.

Rubbish King

Been bumming beer all day man, tennents exprot and il pick a strong one at the shop soon

Coors light is a nice flavoured water. Refreshing.

ahh right, should come to the new pub i work at..we got 20 different ciders, the strongest is 8.4% and on a monday it's £2.50 a pint

Coors light though man... was talking to the county rep for them and he talked about the main competitor (fosters) and how in a blind comparison test coors wins

BULLSHIT I SAY SIR.

NinjaBoiX

You do it, its better it coming from you than him, otherwise awkward tension could end in you buddys falling out and him being out of pocket forever

also can somebody lend me £660?
As it turns out, apparently the two of them discussed it last night.

Gravy.

Quidam

To stress again what everyone else has said in this thread - stop being pushovers and sort this shit out!

Rubbish King

I don't know the details mate.

It'd probably be boring and a bit inappropriate to discuss it here anyway.

He'll pay him back, at some point. That's good enough for me!

What you up to this weekend Tash?
My bad, going to watch the fight now and I have work and am going for a meal tomorrow.. I forsee myself becoming drunk indeed

Yourself chap?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom