• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaBoiX

I haven't smoked weed in years now.

I only used to smoke it with a particular group of people. They were all female and weed turned then into superfreaks. superfreaks
Well OK then, a load of stoned girls getting freaky, that sounds really quite marvellous.

They were all female and weed turned then into superfreaks. superfreaks

yesjacknicholson.gif

NinjaBoiX

Donkey, I can't stand that gif, but that was perfect.

Edit: On the subject of seediness, I'm watching "Girls of Ninja Warrior".

It's pretty cool...

SKINNER!

Banned
you guys talk a lot about Journey and I'd like to check it out. Is it worth getting the disc version that comes with Flow and Flower or just settle for the digital version? Amazon are selling it for £15.

Mikeside

you guys talk a lot about Journey and I'd like to check it out. Is it worth getting the disc version that comes with Flow and Flower or just settle for the digital version? Amazon are selling it for £15.

Worth getting Flower with it but I wouldn't say fl0w tips the scale in any way - its fun... Once. I guess.

Flower and Journey are the kind of games you let your relationship crumble as your girlfriend gradually becomes unfulfilled and alienated for, though.

SKINNER!

Banned
The game on its own in the PSN store is £10 and since Flower is getting praise then I'll be picking up the disc version. I suppose there's no harm in beefing up my PS3 games library. Thanks for the advice!

3Sixty

The game on it's own in the PSN store is £10 and since Flower is getting praise then I'll be picking up the disc version. I suppose there's no harm in beefing up my PS3 games library. Thanks for the advice!

Got it on release from Amazon for £13. Do it, Journey and Flower alone are worth it.

Reknoc

With each HD collection I slowly realise I missed nothing on the PS2. The only one not to disappoint is the team ico collection (though ico itself is a bit shit)

Suairyu

Banned
fl0w is perfect stoner fodder so getting all three thatgamecompany games is worth it

It also has a gorgeous THX-mastered soundtrack

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I always used to whack flower on when my cunty mates got too much

fucking life saver, but man those guys were fucking cunts, i forget how much i truly hated those fucking tools

no angel

Anyone else had the pulled pork BBQ stuff that EAT are doing now? they come in a pot or a brioche bun.

My reaction after trying it:

PCH2Zks.gif
This is a late reply to your post but Coast to Coast do a mean BBQ pulled pork burger. In fact if we do have a mini portsmouth meet I suggest we do lunch there. They were doing a free cocktails as well a while ago.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
FUCKING CUNTING INTERNATIONAL FOOTAGE LICENSING BOLLOCKS SHIT WANK CUNT DEADLINES MY FUCKING HEAD FUCK YOU CHARLIE BROOKER
I gave up on media and journalism a few years ago. Let other cunts lead miserable lives dictated by outdated policy and life-crushing deadlines whilst being overshadowed by celebrity sex scandal tabloid trash big brother bullshit.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
How often is it to be filled with stress and general hatred for everything?

I think I'm turning into an angsty teenager again.

Speaking from my own experience, when I was in a crappy job I was way more pointlessly angsty. It's only in the last year of having a decent job that I've realised how bitter I was getting.

You know what to do buddy.

Mikeside

Speaking from my own experience, when I was in a crappy job I was way more pointlessly angsty. It's only in the last year of having a decent job that I've realised how bitter I was getting.

You know what to do buddy.

The problem is that I'm getting great training and there's the carrot in front of me of pay rises in the near future that I THINK are going to materialize.
Will give it a bit longer (as ever) and decide. I'm not really sure how easily I'd land another job as I have loads of experience, but not a lot in the way of qualifications.

On a brighter note, I just got a cool sketch back from my artist friend that has convinced me.

We're making this comic on a Playstation Vita. Well, he's drawing it on a Vita. My writing will largely be in Notepad/Google Docs for the time-being.
Fuck yes.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
f0rk has a point about broken records but as fun as it is to rile the gang up let's get down to brass tacks.

The right experience beats qualifications any day. But to expedite your career, get your foot in the door and have some real power in your position and in the job market it would be prudent to attempt to get some kind of qualifications. You should be putting money away or planning to take some courses in your spare time to ensure that happens at some point. Have you spoken with your leads about your desire to earn qualifications? More often than not businesses and jobs are more willing to pro-rate and support earning those sooner than doling out a raise.

Mikeside

f0rk has a point about broken records but as fun as it is to rile the gang up let's get down to brass tacks.

Experience beats qualifications any day. But to get your foot in the door and have some real power in your position and in the job market you'll need to get the right qualifications eventually. You should be putting money away or planning to take some courses in your spare time to ensure that happens at some point.

It's all good for now - my job is putting me through VMWARE training, Dell training, CISCO training, Microsoft training, the works

Paying for that myself would be absolutely fuckspensive, which is why I'm not looking for something else.

I'm really not trying to start a whole 'thing' about getting a new job - I've just had a shitty few days (not even to do with work) and made an offhand comment about hatred and punching. Isn't that what the internet is all about?

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Your job sounds fairly valuable at this point in your life. Look around at other people our age and realize you are privileged in a way to be receiving so much training that will allow you to be up-to-date and desirable in the market in coming years. Lots of people just wasting away in a co-op or fast food who will have to completely restart in a few years time with little applicable skills to transfer. But as someone who has grown to despise his own job at the moment, I understand venting. Carry on.

Also MCR's The Black Parade is my recommendation for a good pissy angst fest. Love the shit out of it when I'm in a bad mood.

NinjaBoiX

He could just ignore it.

I don't mean to be a dick to him, I felt a little bad reading that retort back, but he seems to have a disproportionate number of posts that seem to have the sole intent to belittle or agitate.

I don't like having enemies f0rk, especially in this community. Just try being a bit more amiable, you just seem to be so spiky all the time!

You attract more bees with honey than vinegar dude. ;)

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The problem is that I'm getting great training and there's the carrot in front of me of pay rises in the near future that I THINK are going to materialize.
Will give it a bit longer (as ever) and decide. I'm not really sure how easily I'd land another job as I have loads of experience, but not a lot in the way of qualifications.

On a brighter note, I just got a cool sketch back from my artist friend that has convinced me.

We're making this comic on a Playstation Vita. Well, he's drawing it on a Vita. My writing will largely be in Notepad/Google Docs for the time-being.
Fuck yes.

In that case, I suggest a creative and rewarding hobby, such as making your talented friends draw awesome shit for you :) it can def be hard to nail down what's getting you down but it's usually somewhere in the work/bitches/hobbies triumvirate. You'll find a way man :)

Mikeside

In that case, I suggest a creative and rewarding hobby, such as making your talented friends draw awesome shit for you :) it can def be hard to nail down what's getting you down but it's usually somewhere in the work/bitches/hobbies triumvirate. You'll find a way man :)

See above! Really psyched to see some progress on the comic. We're having a sitdown to work on some more stuff tomorrow evening. Can't wait to get some momentum going!
Vita comic is going to own

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom