• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Final Fantasy XI has the worst update process in the history of videogames.

The amount of data downloading isn't actually that huge, but they make you download it as lots of tiny files in a sequence, so rather than one smooth download that would take an hour tops on an average connection, a new connection is created for each insignificant file. It's maddening, and makes the whole thing take 20x more time than it should.

I like a meat feast
Musha why are you (and me, for that matter) up so late?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

I JUST REALISED IT WAS MY DADS BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY

Read a fucking book.

I am
kane.jpg

Reknoc

Final Fantasy XI has the worst update process in the history of videogames.

The amount of data downloading isn't actually that huge, but they make you download it as lots of tiny files in a sequence, so rather than one smooth download that would take an hour tops on an average connection, a new connection is created for each insignificant file. It's maddening, and makes the whole thing take 20x more time than it should.

Musha why are you (and me, for that matter) up so late?

At least you get to listen to Prelude while it updates.

FUCKFUCKFUCKFUCKFUCK

I JUST REALISED IT WAS MY DADS BIRTHDAY YESTERDAY

How the hell do you forget your Dad's birthday dude?

My advice, call him and casually enquire if he received your card, and when he says no, rant about the bloody post office and how rubbish it is because you posted it Wednesday. Go out, buy a card and post it now.

Rubbish King

My advice, call him and casually enquire if he received your card, and when he says no, rant about the bloody post office and how rubbish it is because you posted it Wednesday. Go out, buy a card and post it now.

Oh no i posted him a card earlier in the week

I forgot to ring him >_<

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

No. Do it the other way. Call him now and wish him happy birthday. That way you didn't forget his birthday, you just got the date wrong.

Besides, Dads are pretty forgiving about this sort of shit generally. Mostly because they know they are rubbish about remembering wedding anniversaries.

Baskcm

whats up from up north

Where do you live: hartlepool
Where are you from: hartlepool (sadly)
University:tee-side university
Favourite Sport: basketball
Political party of choice: none they all suck
Favourite thing on the box: doctor who and supernatural
Favourite crisp flavour:tomato ketchup
Favourite biscuit: chocolate digestive
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: not sure om this one
Beano or Dandy: beano

Mikeside

If you're on a night out, and you're posting on GAF, you're doing something wrong with your life.

Pfft, you don't even KNOW Meadows.

Went to Blues Kitchen with friends & drank heavily whilst they were DJing and generally being wet blankets. So while we sat at the table and when they sorted shit out, was on GAF and Facebook.

Turned out to be a great night - got chatting to a Swedish girl after I fell down the stairs to the toilets and pretty much landed on her & bought her a drink to apologise then chain smoked about 4 of her cigarettes together followed by some truly terrible dancing.

Feeling fragile as fuck this morning, sitting in a house that can only be described as a wannabe crack-den, waiting for SOMEBODY to wake up. I might roll a spliff and see if it stirs anyone.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Feeling fragile as fuck this morning, sitting in a house that can only be described as a wannabe crack-den, waiting for SOMEBODY to wake up. I might roll a spliff and see if it stirs anyone.

What I always used to do in these circumstances is tidy up. Do the washing-up, find a hoover and clean around all the sleeping bodies, just generally be useful. Then when they wake up, demand breakfast.

Mikeside

What I always used to do in these circumstances is tidy up. Do the washing-up, find a hoover and clean around all the sleeping bodies, just generally be useful. Then when they wake up, demand breakfast.

I think the sight of food could finish me off right now. I already had to struggle through a taxi journey last night where I was throwing up in my mouth most of the way.

I think the sight of food could finish me off right now. I already had to struggle through a taxi journey last night where I was throwing up in my mouth most of the way.

Yikes. Usually when I'm hungover I can eat like crazy. I still remember last time I was really sick I waited until the following evening to eat. I devoured like half of our kitchen.

noffles

Banned
Man, I've got this huge problem circling around in my head and I can't get rid of it.

Also, I hate my libido. Being 19 and not having an outlet for sexual tings is frustrating me now. Might have to fix that.

Man, I've got this huge problem circling around in my head and I can't get rid of it.

Also, I hate my libido. Being 19 and not having an outlet for sexual tings is frustrating me now. Might have to fix that.

Pm me if you want to chat/rant. I am the soul of discretion and give great advice.

123rl

I woke up an hour ago, feeling extremely fragile. I'm not sure what was involved but I remember Jagerbombs, JD, and a lot of strong imported beer. Had an awesome night for a friend's 30th birthday though. It was a legendary night

noffles

Banned
I appreciate the offer and I'll definitely remember it if I ever decide I need a rant, but I'm going to let it circle in my head for a while longer.

(plus I usually bottle everything up like this and then let it explode at some point anyway)

Rubbish King

Are you mad you arent getting any or because you just cant be bothered with making the effort?

noffles

Banned
Why not? Everyone I've seen be open about their issues usually ends up indirectly causing drama because of it. It's like an avoidance mechanism to bottle it up.

That's because they were bad at being open. You don't have to be. Just find a friend who you can vent at every now and then. You must have one.

And if not, abuse Musha's offer.

Mikeside

Why not? Everyone I've seen be open about their issues usually ends up indirectly causing drama because of it. It's like an avoidance mechanism to bottle it up.

You're also welcome to vent at me - always best to have at least one person you can say that shit to, man.

I used to bottle shit up all the time, but this year I've been trying a no-bullshit policy and just being open and honest to everyone. Working out so well for me - much happier, life opens up when you do.

noffles

Banned
Ehhhhh, the problem is that the people I usually talk to about these sorts of things are involved with the issue.

Maybe I'll pm one of you later. It won't be Tash though, he'll just ask for more pictures of me.

Yeah, in that case you start talking to people who couldn't possibly be involved. My two go-tos are miles away from me. Nothing to worry about there.

Danj

You say that now, but imagine what it's like being 34 and having that problem and seeing all those 19 year olds swanning around with their girlfriends and whatnot.

On a completely unrelated topic, while I realise it's Easter Sunday, why the hell are most of the shops shut? The Bank Holiday is tomorrow, guys! As a result of which I've ordered a curry from a takeaway.

My recent go to for advice/rant has been J Tourettes. Not involved in any of my shit, doesn't judge, gives good honest advice. Guy is a legend.

You shouldn't bottle stuff up, it won't do any good.

P44

Just bottle it up. See what happens. Could be funny.

Talking from experience, its never pretty, but sometimes can lead to hilarity, depending on what is being bottled. The ribbing from friends is frustratingly hilarious for me, anyway.

But I cut that shit out now, no more bottlin'. Gotta have outlets, just, always make sure they're removed from the situation - makes things 10x cleaner.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
As with every easter I forgot all about it and I have absolutely no Easter eggs. I can feel a tear coming to my eye...

Where would be the best place a sad chocolate orphan could find an easter egg on easter sunday?

P44

As with every easter I forgot all about it and I have absolutely no Easter eggs. I can feel a tear coming to my eye...

Where would be the best place a sad chocolate orphan could find an easter egg on easter sunday?

University campus shops are still open thank god. Toying with the idea of going on a creme egg run, help me wade through this quantum mechanics.

Jordan

Just spent half an hour filling out forms. When will people learn that everything is done electronically now! I don't want to sit down with pen and paper for so god damn long!

/rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom