• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan

Then buy some shroom truffles. Why don't you smoke anyway ?

Just never have, I grew up very anti-drugs due to some of the shit I had seen in my life - I care a lot less about it now, a few of my friends smoke it and it doesn't bother me any more, but I just don't smoke.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Just never have, I grew up very anti-drugs due to some of the shit I had seen in my life - I care a lot less about it now, a few of my friends smoke it and it doesn't bother me any more, but I just don't smoke.

Don't you drink alcohol ? Alcohol is the drug that causes most problems. Regardless of weed, amsterdam is still an awesome city that's perfect for a last minute holiday .
~
Because it's a filthy, expensive, unhealthy and disgusting habit?

Don't smoke Jordan.

*wags finger*

Its cheap.

Gram of coke = 35 quid.
Gram of weed = 10 quid.

Weed is very healthy. I'm off it for 2 weeks though, Just because i can ;)

Jordan

Don't you drink alcohol ? Alcohol is the drug that causes most problems. Regardless of weed, amsterdam is still an awesome city that's perfect for a last minute holiday .

Before last year I had never drunk either. My opinions changed as I got older and just seemed to mellow out. Yes, alcohol is the drug that causes most problems, I have faced quite a lot of problems with my friends drinking - but I just care less now.

NinjaBoiX

Its cheap.

Gram of coke = 35 quid.
Gram of weed = 10 quid.

Weed is very healthy. I'm off it for 2 weeks though, Just because i can ;)
Mate, you know I like a smoke as much as the next guy. But goddamn I wish I listened to all those people saying "don't start!", but it's so easy to succumb to peer pressure.

As a non smoker, Jordan will be richer, healthier, have nicer teeth and be shooting super-spunk when/if he decides he wants to procreate.

You're doing it right Jordan, smoking sucks man!

Edit: Bouncing to Rollercoaster Shorty, aww yiss.

Kentpaul

Before last year I had never drunk either. My opinions changed as I got older and just seemed to mellow out. Yes, alcohol is the drug that causes most problems, I have faced quite a lot of problems with my friends drinking - but I just care less now.

I used to drink a lot and now when i think of it its by far the most horrible drug, You spam system with litres of toxic shit till you feel awesome. At least with other drugs there just small and potent. I like how now I'm the guy blazin in the corner laughing at jokes type of guy at the party instead of the loud guy causing a mischief. I did have 2 glasses of champaign this morning, It's my mothers birthday though.

Mate, you know I like a smoke as much as the next guy. But goddamn I wish I listened to all those people saying "don't start!", but it's so easy to succumb to peer pressure.

As a non smoker, Jordan will be richer, healthier, have nicer teeth and be shooting super-spunk when/if he decides he wants to procreate.

Jordan should smoke and it will give him better thinking control over his life, He will be able to look at his life from outside the box and therefore be a better person. He won't be richer if he drinks, I know weed is expensive but on a night out drinking your gonna spend 100-150 anyway.

Jordan

I am far from richer/healthier and my teeth are awful. My spunk however ;)

I've got nothing against it any more, and I'm not going to lie - I have been tempted a few times.

I used to drink a lot and now when i think of it its by far the most horrible drug, You spam system with litres of toxic shit till you feel awesome. At least with other drugs there just small and potent.

I like how now I'm the guy blazin in the corner laughing at jokes type of guy at the party instead of the loud guy causing a mischief.

I did have 2 glasses of champaign this morning, It's my mothers birthday though.

See I'm not loud when I drink, I'm just over friendly and speak the straight up truth. When I know I've had enough, I disappear and make everybody panic but it's fine.

Edit: Can't be bothered to requote... I am a serious light weight, I spend a lot less than that - plus I don't buy girls drinks - this is where all of my friends spend their money (from years of experience going out and not drinking I noticed this) - I normally do a round type thing with two or three friends but mix it up for me, so I get them to buy me the expensive vodka drinks, and when it's my turn I'll just get a water or something so I'm not continuously getting hammered and saving money on myself :p

Kentpaul

I am far from richer/healthier and my teeth are awful. My spunk however ;)

I've got nothing against it any more, and I'm not going to lie - I have been tempted a few times.

See I'm not loud when I drink, I'm just over friendly and speak the straight up truth. When I know I've had enough, I disappear and make everybody panic but it's fine.

If you have and general worries about life when you smoke weed it will bring EVERYTHING to the surface and you will spend your first few high's dealing with it and pretty much overcoming the worries. I just don't know why everyone doesn't smoke weed, Its harmless and really makes everything better.

That's my 2 cents.

One more thing, Weed makes sex 1000 times.

Jordan

If you have and general worries about life when you smoke weed it will bring EVERYTHING to the surface and you will spend your first few high's dealing with it and pretty much overcoming the worries. I just don't know why everyone doesn't smoke weed, Its harmless and really makes everything better.

That's my 2 cents.

I already turn to alcohol when I'm on a downer, if I begin to start smoking weed then I will end up becoming reliant on it and I don't want that.

It's each to their own, but at this current moment in time I do not feel the need to smoke weed. I'm not saying that it will always be that way, but currently I do not want to.

Kentpaul

I already turn to alcohol when I'm on a downer, if I begin to start smoking weed then I will end up becoming reliant on it and I don't want that.

It's each to their own, but at this current moment in time I do not feel the need to smoke weed. I'm not saying that it will always be that way, but currently I do not want to.

Alcohol is addictive, weed is not.

This is what alcohol does to you
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EosAtSpu1Pw

This is what weed does to you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A97Z4Ru8rkk

Kentpaul

Hey guys, is anyone watching the London Bike Race?

lol no.

I will be drinking Tea or coffee (I will decide when I'm in my kitchen) and playing fallout new vegas. I may or may not pick up my weight during the loading screen and workout. All this will unfold its self as my day progresses.

Kentpaul

Off-road biking is great but road cyclists are the scum of the earth. Every time I'm in a car the driver rages at them, ever time i drove a car i raged. The next worse thing is the buses. Big long flea ridden scum shovellers!

Does being a life coach count towards community service

If you took a course on how to be a life coach then you could use that towards the hours. I for one am going to go on a spelling course, a self help course and going to do some canal work down the line. Only got 120 though :( wish i got more because i can see a lot of these courses will really help me in the long term. I also enjoy cutting grass, bantering in the van ect.

SuperSah

Banned
Only left it on in the background. They rode past my area I believe.

I'm doing my own workouts too, i'm trying to beef my arms up a little. i'm not very muscly at all.

Symphonia

Banned
So I may have found myself a houseshare two minutes from work, for only £270pcm inclusive of bills.

Edit: And I'm no longer a junior.

Kentpaul

Only left it on in the background. They rode past my area I believe.

I'm doing my own workouts too, i'm trying to beef my arms up a little. i'm not very muscly at all.

I do my own workouts (no gym) and I'm becoming really ripped and bad ass looking. Curl your dumbbells set at 15kg.

Walk, grow, dominate.

SuperSah

Banned
I do my own workouts (no gym) and I'm becoming really ripped and bad ass looking. Curl your dumbbells set at 15kg.

Walk, grow, dominate.

Well, I been doing crunches for 4 weeks and i've gotten a much harder stomach which is starting to look pretty defined, but I haven't got any dumbbells here. I'm having to use a heavy bottle of water for my arms, and this may take a while.

I'll need to get some money and buy a pair of heavier dumbbells. How many curls do you do a day? If so, how long did it take to get a little stronger?

I'm new to this.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

Alcohol is highly addictive, whereas weed is much less so. You can still end up with a dependency on weed though.

Kentpaul

Well, I been doing crunches for 4 weeks and i've gotten a much harder stomach which is starting to look pretty defined, but I haven't got any dumbbells here. I'm having to use a heavy bottle of water for my arms, and this may take a while.

I'll need to get some money and buy a pair of heavier dumbbells. How many curls do you do a day? If so, how long did it take to get a little stronger?

I'm new to this.

Take 15 quid from your piggy bank and jog down to sports world and buy a 15 quid dumbbell, Your going to need more than water bottle to get some hefty results.

I work my biceps, shoulders, triceps with 3 sets of 15kg when ever i get a loading screen in a video game i will do a set.

Remember to eat lots of tuna so your muscles grow.

Chinner

Banned
fun fact: i confronted kentpaul; famously the biggest stoner on britgaf, and can you believe this, he's never put some weed up his bum. what a fucking lightweight.

Jordan

Alcohol is highly addictive, whereas weed is much less so. You can still end up with a dependency on weed though.

Well as of current, I am not addicted (yes I realise my bottle of vodka is down the side of my bed but that hasn't been opened since Thursday)

I do have an addictive personality and I'm just doing every day as it comes. If I want a drink, then I'll have a drink.

By becoming reliant on it, I didn't mean in the sense of getting addicted either, I meant that if I felt down then the only way I would feel better is smoking weed, and I don't want that - there are other things in life that will make me feel better.

SuperSah

Banned
Take 15 quid from your piggy bank and jog down to sports world and buy a 15 quid dumbbell, Your going to need more than water bottle to get some hefty results.

I work my biceps, shoulders, triceps with 3 sets of 15kg when ever i get a loading screen in a video game i will do a set.

Hm. I'm not looking for massive ass muscles. I just want average 17-18 year old style muscles which aren't too big but big enough.

How does a 4.5kg one sound? I saw that in Argos but i'm not too sure. I'm on a college budget so i'm going to have to scrimp on what I can get.

Jordan

Hm. I'm not looking for massive ass muscles. I just want average 17-18 year old style muscles which aren't too big but big enough.

How does a 4.5kg one sound? I saw that in Argos but i'm not too sure. I'm on a college budget so i'm going to have to scrimp on what I can get.

How much money can you spend?

Mikeside

Well as of current, I am not addicted (yes I realise my bottle of vodka is down the side of my bed but that hasn't been opened since Thursday)

I do have an addictive personality and I'm just doing every day as it comes. If I want a drink, then I'll have a drink.

By becoming reliant on it, I didn't mean in the sense of getting addicted either, I meant that if I felt down then the only way I would feel better is smoking weed, and I don't want that - there are other things in life that will make me feel better.

Yeah, that's wouldn't be good mate.
But you're already on that slope with drinking, which is something worth thinking about. The juice isn't worth the squeeze, as one of Musha's friends would say. And often you barely notice the dependence creeping up. Don't be that guy, Jman, you're better than that guy.

Kentpaul

More sense than this sentence.

Chinner, why don't you make a new OT? Or are you doing it Kent?

I don't make brit gaf Ot's

I could lift 4.5kg's with my pinky man your better getting at least an 8kg. With a dumbbell you can work all your muscles in your arm and getting it looking real good. There's plenty tutorials out there on the web, A dumbbell is a fine investment.

You don't want to be going around with stick arms man you will look like a 90s trainspotter.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member

And all the Mercury from the tuna will help too!

Jordan

Yeah, that's wouldn't be good mate.
But you're already on that slope with drinking, which is something worth thinking about. The juice isn't worth the squeeze, as one of Musha's friends would say. And often you barely notice the dependence creeping up. Don't be that guy, Jman, you're better than that guy.

Each time I have drunk in the past few weeks hasn't been because I feel down, it's been to have a good time and when playing TLoU with you guys, I find it hilarious. I am being careful, as I did turn to it very shortly after everything happened, but I managed to back away from it after a night of doing around a litre of vodka in about three hours. Now, it is just to enhance the moment that I am in - I'm going to a BBQ today, I'm in a fairly good mood, there will be booze and there will be lots of food.

SuperSah

Banned
I don't make brit gaf Ot's

I could lift 4.5kg's with my pinky man your better getting at least an 8kg. With a dumbbell you can work all your muscles in your arm and getting it looking real good. There's plenty tutorials out there on the web, A dumbbell is a fine investment.

You don't want to be going around with stick arms man you will look like a 90s trainspotter.

Saw some 7.5kg pair for £16 on Argos but man can't afford it right now. Seriously, being a student sucks man.

Kentpaul

And all the Mercury from the tuna will help too!

Now your just scared from life bro, I understand the Mercury risk but like everything amazing in life its bad for you. I'm just trying to give the guy advice that will work, Plenty tuna and a dumbbell will have his arms, upper body looking great. There's nothing else to it. I laugh and pitty gym users, They don't have the hardcore ghetto edge required to look great.

Kentpaul

go to your uni library and print out every post made by tashbrooke, that should easily weigh about 30kg.

hahahah.

Saw some 7.5kg pair for £16 on Argos but man can't afford it right now. Seriously, being a student sucks man.

I'm skint at the best of times and can still russell up 20 quid.

Sell video games
Visit parents

Even start up an overdraft and take 20 from that.

Push ups and sit up's should be fine then if you really can't get together 20 quid. You will have a prison body in no time.

Jordan

go to your uni library and print out every post made by tashbrooke, that should easily weigh about 30kg.

AvPEMvk.gif

Ahah, that was perfect Chinner.

I do go to the gym, and I'm not going to lie - I have definitely started to notice a difference. I remember the first time hitting the floor, the guy I worked with took me on his little routine and I was seriously shitting myself thinking at how small I was and how little I could lift. I shocked myself, and have over taken the guy I work with in terms of what I can lift. After a workout at the gym my muscles look fucking huge, not as huge as most the guys in there but considering I'm a scrawny little bastard I am quite impressed. Currently on Lat Pulldowns I can do 3 sets of 12 at 35KG which is by far my most impressive. I took some advice from an old work colleague and he basically told me, each time I go - just add another block on and do as many as you can, even if you don't hit the 12 reps, you'll eventually feel the burn and know when to stop. I took that advice and it's definitely working for me. I feel less intimidated going on the floor now because I feel less like a pansy, but to be honest, the £50 I spend on a month definitely feels worth it with how I'm feeling in terms of health and fitness. The cardio side of things I have definitely noticed a difference, when I first came I couldn't do more than 2/3 minutes at 10kmph, the last time I did cardio I was at 15 minutes before I started to feel fucked.

SuperSah

Banned
hahahah.

I'm skint at the best of times and can still russell up 20 quid.

Sell video games
Visit parents

Even start up an overdraft and take 20 from that.

Push ups and sit up's should be fine then if you really can't get together 20 quid. You will have a prison body in no time.

Haha, a prison body? :p

I'm sure my Natwest Adapt account is just debit and doesn't allow for overdrafts.

Might have to shift some games. Tried to avoid that, but if I must.

Kentpaul

AvPEMvk.gif

Ahah, that was perfect Chinner.

I do go to the gym, and I'm not going to lie - I have definitely started to notice a difference. I remember the first time hitting the floor, the guy I worked with took me on his little routine and I was seriously shitting myself thinking at how small I was and how little I could lift. I shocked myself, and have over taken the guy I work with in terms of what I can lift. After a workout at the gym my muscles look fucking huge, not as huge as most the guys in there but considering I'm a scrawny little bastard I am quite impressed. Currently on Lat Pulldowns I can do 3 sets of 12 at 35KG which is by far my most impressive. I took some advice from an old work colleague and he basically told me, each time I go - just add another block on and do as many as you can, even if you don't hit the 12 reps, you'll eventually feel the burn and know when to stop. I took that advice and it's definitely working for me. I feel less intimidated going on the floor now because I feel less like a pansy, but to be honest, the £50 I spend on a month definitely feels worth it with how I'm feeling in terms of health and fitness. The cardio side of things I have definitely noticed a difference, when I first came I couldn't do more than 2/3 minutes at 10kmph, the last time I did cardio I was at 15 minutes before I started to feel fucked.

Gym's are not bad but i have achieved everything the gym can offer my body with just a dumbbell, bike and hardwork. I also found going to the gym to be a chore were as if i randomly pick up my dumbell when i have a loading screen or something and do a set a lot more better to my lazy lifestyle.

Jordan

Gym's are not bad but i have achieved everything the gym can offer my body with just a dumbbell, bike and hardwork. I also found going to the gym to be a chore were as if i randomly pick up my dumbell when i have a loading screen or something and do a set a lot more better to my lazy lifestyle.

See that's where the gym is the wrong attitude to have. When I first started going to the gym it was originally to get me out the house and I was doing cardio at least 5 times a week and ended up feeling fucked. I now go around 3/4 times a week and I normally do 1 cardio and 1 swimming and rest weights, and it doesn't feel like it's a chore, it feels part of my lifestyle and I fucking love it. I would quite happily say to someone inviting me out for something sociable on my gym night that I'm sorry, but tonight is gym night.

Nice one for achieving everything you can at the gym, everybody is different - the gym has made me push myself just that little bit further and feel a tiny bit better about myself. Just need to lose my little 'pot belly' and I will be quite happy with myself.

Chinner

Banned
ive started to go to a gym too,.have too many body hangups, so going to do something about it instead of letting it depress and limit me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom