• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh fucking hell my head is not good.

If you couldn't tell I was massively drunk last night.

Thanks for all your kind words and advice guys. I think there's more to it than just the him not proposing issue, we seem to be teetering on the edge and I'm really not sure what way we're gonna go. But whatever happens I'm sure it'll be for the best.

SteveWD40

If it's just the money for a ring tell him to get his arse to the jewlery quarter in Birmingham, you can find some of them online and they are the suppliers to the high street. An example would be a ring in a high st chain, platinum with 3 small stones : £2500. In the JQ, same ring: £1000, £800 with lower quality diamonds.

Edit: I know it's not just that, but still.

NinjaBoiX

You know that internal conflict between "oh man, my bed is lush this morning" and "fuck, I forgot to drop the blind last night"? That is my quandary right now; it's too bright to sleep, but I can't be arsed to get out of bed. So maybe I'll just lounge and post on GAF.

Sorry I didn't reply to that last text Musha, I wasn't really sure what to say in response for obvious reasons. But I definitely think we should talk about that at some point.

So what are people's plans today? I didn't actually buy any clothes yesterday, just saw some stuff I liked, so I'll probably go do this afternoon. Then just enjoy the lush weather again and chill around the gaff.

I'm going to get up and watch Sunday Brunch when it starts. I love that show, my Sunday would not be compete without it!

You know that internal conflict between "oh man, my bed is lush this morning" and "fuck, I forgot to drop the blind last night"? That is my quandary right now; it's too bright to sleep, but I can't be arsed to get out of bed. So maybe I'll just lounge and post on GAF.

Sorry I didn't reply to that last text Musha, I wasn't really sure what to say in response for obvious reasons. But I definitely think we should talk about that at some point.

So what are people's plans today? I didn't actually buy any clothes yesterday, just saw some stuff I liked, so I'll probably go do this afternoon. Then just enjoy the lush weather again and chill around the gaff.

I'm going to get up and watch Sunday Brunch when it starts. I love that show, my Sunday would not be compete without it!

I did the same thing, forgot to close the curtains last night. Luckily I can reach them from my bed.

It's fine, I understand, I'm not sure I was right anyway. But if you want to talk about it we can.

Today I will be recovering from an awful hangover. If I can pull myself together enough I may cook a roast dinner later.

So we seem absolutely fine this morning. We haven't spoken about last night at all, he's being all normal and happy. Maybe it was just a drunken blip, I dunno. I'm pretty confused but I'm not going to push it or anything, just see how it goes.

Symphonia

Banned
I nearly got engaged once. Had the ring and everything. I had the whole proposal planned out.

We split up a week before I planned to do it.

:(

SteveWD40

Steve, I thought you were cool man...

Don't tell me you hate Simon Rimmer too?

Simons alright, I have seen Tim interupt his own guests to talk about himself, dismiss anyone who doesn't like football as "weird" and generally act like the worst type of cliched "bloke".

NinjaBoiX

I did the same thing, forgot to close the curtains last night. Luckily I can reach them from my bed.

It's fine, I understand, I'm not sure I was right anyway. But if you want to talk about it we can.

Today I will be recovering from an awful hangover. If I can pull myself together enough I may cook a roast dinner later.

So we seem absolutely fine this morning. We haven't spoken about last night at all, he's being all normal and happy. Maybe it was just a drunken blip, I dunno. I'm pretty confused but I'm not going to push it or anything, just see how it goes.
Well that's good. Relationship arguments when full of alcohol always seem ten times worse.

I'm glad you're happier today mate, it's not nice to think you're all upset!

:D
Simons alright, I have seen Tim interupt his own guests to talk about himself, dismiss anyone who doesn't like football as "weird" and generally act like the worst type of cliched "bloke".
Yeah, he is a proper blokes' bloke, but I like that. I think they're a good partnership, Simon is a bit more level headed, and Tim is a bit flighty. They're great to watch IMO!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
In general i think weddings are expensive. If you can afford it go ahead but i can't afford to pay 15-50 grand on one day. Luckily the other person in my relationship agreed with my values and if we ever were to do it we would wait 10 years. Still got 6 years left before i need to worry about it and plan the bank job!

SmokyDave

If it's just the money for a ring tell him to get his arse to the jewlery quarter in Birmingham, you can find some of them online and they are the suppliers to the high street. An example would be a ring in a high st chain, platinum with 3 small stones : £2500. In the JQ, same ring: £1000, £800 with lower quality diamonds.

Everyone said the same to me when I was ring shopping. No fucking way was I voluntarily stepping foot in Birmingham.

Yuck.

In general i think weddings are expensive. If you can afford it go ahead but i can't afford to pay 15-50 grand on one day. Luckily the other person in my relationship agreed with my values and if we ever were to do it we would wait 10 years. Still got 6 years left before i need to worry about it and plan the bank job!
You can do it for under ten. Not much under, mind you. There's always something else to tack on to the bill.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I wonder if the jewellery shop I did work experience for would remember me and give me a discount. But it was on Hatton Garden so not exactly cheap to begin with.

Suairyu

Banned
The moment when you open a game case only to realise the disc is with your old flatmate who has now moved to the other side of the country.

Guess it's one of those days where I really want a long-ass lay-in, and my body says "Fuck you, get up". :(

Eh, half 10 is close enough.

The moment when you open a game case only to realise the disc is with your old flatmate who has now moved to the other side of the country.

And thus begins your epic quest for retribution.

Jordan

I'm really tempted to arrive at an airport and just jump on the cheapest and quickest flight available and just disappear for the weekend. Now I need to find someone stupid enough to join me.

SmokyDave

Always seen Smokey as BritGAF's Hank Hill except he's into bikes instead of propane.
Funny you should mention that. As soon as I'm done packing away the shit in the loft conversion, it's time to crack out the Autosol and polish this bad boy until it squeals:

image.jpg

When I say 'packing away the shit', I mean my multiple Gameboys, Master System, Megadrive, Saturn, Dreamcast, OG Xbox and my Wii. Nearly chucked the Wii U in there too. So far it looks like I'll easily fill the 4 40 litre bins I bought, reckon I'll need four more. There comes a point when you have to wonder why I don't just auction this stuff off or throw it away.

Can't bear to part with my Saturn though. It's a modded JP unit with 60hz RGB Scart and about 220 games (on CDRs, from a dirtier time in my life, I bought them as a job lot rather than doing any actual burning which somehow helps my concience). Same for the Megadrive, it's a HK unit with hardwired Scart, far too trick to get rid of it.

I also found a boxed original PS1 and a PS2 I didn't know I owned. Score!

no angel

Morning everyone, I have a bit of a headache :/
Oh fuck this is gong to be one of those mornings where all the blanks from the previous night get filled in reeeeeeeeeeeally slooooooooooowly.
Edit
Why do I have cuts and bruises all down my legs?

SmokyDave

Saw some dude banging a sheep last night. It was kicking the shit out of his legs, but he didn't seem to care. Just kept slappin' its ass and calling it Sally.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

I'm tight, my engagement ring only cost £300. Easily affordable, and Mrs Sniv still loves it.

A wedding is only as expensive as you make it (or as expensive as the lady is selfish lol).

no angel

Ok legs make sense. I bet some bloke £50 I could ride his wheelchair down the stairs from the pub toilets. Made it about halfway before it all went wrong and I stacked it.

SmokyDave

BRING BACK INDEX
Jesus, there's a blast of nostalgia!

I'm tight, my engagement ring only cost £300. Easily affordable, and Mrs Sniv still loves it.

A wedding is only as expensive as you make it (or as expensive as the lady is selfish lol).
I think Phisheep once said that the cost of a marriage was often inversely proportional to the happiness of the bride & groom.

I miss that wise old sheep. I hope he's only absent because he's busy becoming rich or enjoying family life or something.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Everyone said the same to me when I was ring shopping. No fucking way was I voluntarily stepping foot in Birmingham.

Yuck.

You can do it for under ten. Not much under, mind you. There's always something else to tack on to the bill.

My wedding cost under £6000, and I think that was for everything including the honeymoon in Kenya. A very nice registry office, lovely dress for the lady, a meal for both of our families (about 30 peeps) and then a reception at a local gig venue that we overhauled followed by messy drunken hotel sex. There is absolutely no reason to spend a fortune on getting married, I find the whole concept of going into a marriage in crazy debt to be so terrifying. We did it totally budget as it was still one of the greatest days of my life.

I loved the DIY feel, it made it feel way more 'us' and special. If I'd have spent 20 grand I think I would have resented everything.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I got so fucking drunk with the landlord last night, he kept having to move between each pub..it was like a weirdest pub crawl ever and by the end I was so hammered to the point of asking my boss for a fight repeatedly...i think he knows i was joking...

...or im getting a beating when i go in

Ninj that is a wicked film

Ahoy hoy Britgaf.

Anyone had any experience of studying with the Open University?

Long story short... I just lost my job and thinking about using this as my cue to do a Postgrad MBA.

dunno man, but I'm sure somebody here might be able to help you if I bold the shit out of your post

Afternoon BritGAF, how are we all?

I had an epic BBQ and fire bowl session yesterday, I'm eating BBQ as I type.

Today I'm going to chill, just ordered BT Sport through my Sky HD box so I'll be glued to that.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
I'm really tempted to arrive at an airport and just jump on the cheapest and quickest flight available and just disappear for the weekend. Now I need to find someone stupid enough to join me.

I suggest you go to Amsterdam, Its like a 1 hour flight (from scotland, so it will be a SHITLOAD shorter for you english GAFFERS) and boom you will be sitting in a little awesome cafe smoking some fine weed within 3 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom