• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
The only thing I remember from that book was reading over my friend's shoulder and saying:

"The bakery boy is named Peeta? Like...pita bread? ROFL"

Laughed for a while about that, got glared at but could not care less.

Hystzen

I thought the hunger games books were supposed to be really shit and girly but I really enjoyed them too actually. there's a bit too much "ooh which boy do I loooooove?" for my tastes but other than that its a really enjoyable read

book 1 is alright but it dives in quality off a cliff after, the forced love triangle was bullshit

oddly enough I actually like the Percy Jackson books some solid stuff (ignoring the film which avoided the major plot points)

LeaveItAlone

Neo Member
Ahoy hoy Britgaf.

Anyone had any experience of studying with the Open University?

Long story short... I just lost my job and thinking about using this as my cue to do a Postgrad MBA.

SuperSah

Banned
book 1 is alright but it dives in quality off a cliff after, the forced love triangle was bullshit

oddly enough I actually like the Percy Jackson books some solid stuff (ignoring the film which avoided the major plot points)

Only just started book 2, I sure hope it doesn't become too "Twilight" like. I'll be disappointed. :(

I love Percy Jackson books. Got every single one of them in my collection. The film was absolutely horrific though. It ruined all the positive points of the book, i'm avoiding the new film for sure.

f0rk

Yeah. The writer could have done some interesting stuff with the world but being tied to such a dumb teenager really crippled it. It gets progressively more silly.

Loved Percy Jackson books.

Loved Hunger Games books, apart from the end of the last one, sucked.

Love Neil Gaimen, American Gods and Neverwhere are brilliant.

Love Rivers of London books.

Hystzen

Yeah. The writer could have done some interesting stuff with the world but being tied to such a dumb teenager really crippled it. It gets progressively more silly.

I think more more due to fact it should have not been a series but a single book thing. If she wrapped up the first book fully be better, instead she spread out what thin left over plot she had into 2 more books so padded it with pointless stuff.

Jordan

Just got some signal after the iron maiden concert. That was seriously a fucking blast, I treated my dad to it, it was gonna be a surprise but it failed as I was out of the office when the tickets went on sale so I sent him my band card details and told him he knew what to do.

I've got some photos that I'll upload for you guys later. The atmosphere was incredible and the band were just something else, that's a proper live band if you ever get the chance seriously do it.

Catch up to this thread:
22/m/near heathrow

I don't read as nothing seems to keep my attention, the last book I read was a Bloodbowl trilogy story and that was six years ago or so.

SuperSah

Banned
So gaf, I'm originally from Sheffield and only moved to London 3 months ago. I've only left the house a few times. (just waiting for college)

What cool things are there to do down here by myself? Bear in mind i'm only 17 and I've seen most of the "major" attractions like the London Eye, etc.

I live literally 5 minutes away from the Olympic Stadium if it helps. I'm just pretty bored with nothing to do, being new sucks.

So we just had another row.

Sat on the tube not talking to each other.

Life sucks sometimes.

This was about him not proposing, his excuse is that he doesn't have the money for a ring, yet he spent 3.5 grand on a bike. Priorities. Clearly I'm not one of them.

Anyone wanna propose to me?

Jordan

Life sucks sometimes.

This was about him not proposing, his excuse is that he doesn't have the money for a ring, yet he spent 3.5 grand on a bike. Priorities. Clearly I'm not one of them.

I can offer a haribo ring and a lightweight alcoholic in the making?

SuperSah

Banned

Life sucks sometimes.

I have 10p and three buttons?
But I hope you'll sort it out soon. Cheer up. :)

12/clg/school

If we go to a bar which serves meals he can go. He'd be accompanied by adults so perfectly legal.

Not such a bad idea, actually!

no angel

Musha in the long run you don't want someone proposing to you out of a weird sense of guilt.

I'm a bit fucked so take my advise with a pinch of salt. Z

AcridMeat

Banned

Life sucks sometimes.

He needed the bike to start his delivery service to save for the ring.
Devil's optimist

Shorty are you sure you can't go to PAX? Every time I talk to a friend going they say they aren't going now. Maybe it works the other way too.

Hystzen

Would not be sure about that another view is maybe he waiting for right time and still not found what he views as the RIGHT ring.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Getting tired guys and its going to suck ass trying to sleep not stoned. It will be a normal procedure as apposed to perfect bliss. I may just bite the bullet and scrape the green bits from my grinder into a single skinner. Who am I, what have I become!

Didnt even manage 1 of my five a day today. Not bloody one.

I have no choice but to slip away into a world of netflix till my eyes burn, then il know its safe to go to bed.

NinjaBoiX

Musha...... :(

I'm thinking along the same lines as No Angel, I doubt he wants to feel prompted to propose, he doesn't want it to seem like an obligation.

I bet you he has it all planned out, and you being impatient as you are, keep asking him which would be frustrating if he already has an idea for it all!

Be patient, let him do it his way.

I'm here if you want to talk buddy.

SKINNER!

Banned
Shorty are you sure you can't go to PAX? Every time I talk to a friend going they say they aren't going now. Maybe it works the other way too.

Bro, I'd have totally went if it weren't for the fact that it sold out so I settled for TGS instead. You on fb? PM me your name, I'll add you and next year I'll definitely get in contact about it. Seattle is my all time favourite US city...evar!

no angel

Fucking Joop, why would I want to smell like a 16 year old boy? No I don't want to freshen up for the punani. Just let me have a piss and wash my hands in peace!

Musha...... :(

I'm thinking along the same lines as No Angel, I doubt he wants to feel prompted to propose, he doesn't want it to seem like an obligation.

I bet you he has it all planned out, and you being impatient as you are, keep asking him which would be frustrating if he already has an idea for it all!

Be patient, let him do it his way.

I'm here if you want to talk buddy.

He has no plan. He has no intention of proposing, he doesn't see the point.

I just managed to keep our relationship together by the skin of my teeth. We were both crying in the street. But I don't know why I bothered. Maybe I should have let it die there and then, but I couldn't. I couldn't lose him. I'm so fucked up right now.

Jordan

So, I'm home and just uploading photos now. We were quite far away but I still enjoyed it.

AAlo4fC.jpg
mJMBDqh.jpg

DIJdQr3.jpg

fLYKXB7.jpg
UmAcH6i.jpg

2CgCYOx.jpg

They then had like a giant robot thing come out on stage, the photograph is really shitty but it was pretty cool.

Got some videos too:

The Evil That Men Do - http://youtu.be/OEGJzlzNWxw
The Trooper - http://youtu.be/oGb2XDhxLJY
Can I Play With Madness - http://youtu.be/gjFvWz58Nog

So glad I went, I was a bit worried at first not knowing a huge amount of their songs, only knowing a few of the big ones - but turned out I knew the majority of the songs!

SuperSah

Banned

I just managed to keep our relationship together by the skin of my teeth. We were both crying in the street. But I don't know why I bothered. Maybe I should have let it die there and then, but I couldn't. I couldn't lose him. I'm so fucked up right now.

I know i'm not old enough to thoroughly understand, but I understand how you feel that he spent £3.5k on a bike rather than a engagement ring for his loved.

There could be plenty of reasons why which you may not know or he may simply not be ready yet. Some people just wait until the time's right but I totally understand that's what you want. You both need to sit down and talk properly sans the arguments and come to a conclusion on what he intends to do.

Don't be hard on yourself, it'll not help at all. I hope I kind of offered some insight.

NinjaBoiX

Aww mate.

:'(

I've been there man, being so close to ending it with someone but feeling physically incapable of giving them up. What I was hoping for (for her to grow the fuck up and stop being so clingy) never transpired, and the proper break up was even more horrendous.

Of course, I have no frame of reference with the situation you guys are in, but if you're 100% sure you want different things from the relationship, then maybe that tells you all you need to know.

Hystzen

So, I'm home and just uploading photos now. We were quite far away but I still enjoyed it.

So glad I went, I was a bit worried at first not knowing a huge amount of their songs, only knowing a few of the big ones - but turned out I knew the majority of the songs!

I was same went watched a Download knew main songs but they really shocked me how good where live 2 my pics

Jordan

Jordan, that looked like an awesome night man!

I'm a bit gutted that I didn't get some video of Fear of the Dark, he got the entire of the crowd to just sing parts of the chorus and it was so fucking loud and it was seriously only the crowd singing. Every single person around us, all the people on the other side, all the people standing... it was so incredible.

The only downside was the price of the drinks, for a premium vodka (I hate house shit) it was like £6 for a single or £11 for a double... and £5 for a pint of Becks. So damn expensive, so I only had the one drink.

Jordan, you're hyping me up for when I get to see Bruno Mars in October. :D

Never really listened to Bruno Mars, he has one of my current depressed feeling songs that I go to when feeling really low (even though it makes me feel lower) - but live gigs are just fucking immense. As long as it is packed, you know the lyrics and the atmosphere is good, then you'll have a load of fun.

I think Iron Maiden come in joint 1st with greatest performers in line with Madness (I've seen them 3/4 times now and they're just incredible)
Got two more gigs lined up this year, and I really keep looking out for a few more.

AcridMeat

Banned
Bro, I'd have totally went if it weren't for the fact that it sold out so I settled for TGS instead. You on fb? PM me your name, I'll add you and next year I'll definitely get in contact about it. Seattle is my all time favourite US city...evar!
Done, hmm it may be too late for everything now (hotel especially) but I may have some passes from people who decided to not go after all. Like last year I'm just bumming local friends for couches/floors/themselves for sleep. Seattle may be my favorite as well, but I haven't been to too many noteworthy cities in the US beyond where I'm from.

Musha I'm sorry to hear that. Awful situation to be in. :(

Jordan that looks like such a blast. Very cool to hear they still have it after so many years.

SuperSah

Banned
Never really listened to Bruno Mars, he has one of my current depressed feeling songs that I go to when feeling really low (even though it makes me feel lower) - but live gigs are just fucking immense. As long as it is packed, you know the lyrics and the atmosphere is good, then you'll have a load of fun.

Could call me super super fan of his, so i'm damn excited. It'll be my first ever concert too. Watching YT videos of his new tour in America just isn't helping, lol. Roll on October! :D

Glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounded as if it was worth every penny.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Gigs are indeed the greatest moments in life. Im very hyped to see eminem in a few weeks.

We think very highly of eminem here in scotland and yes I had bleached my hair blonde for starting highschool. My man slim will bring scotland together in harmony.

Jordan

I was so upset I never got tickets to go and see Eminem that I actually considered spending shit loads for a single Saturday day ticket for Reading just so I could finally fucking see him. But the only two people I know there are Eminem and Chase & Status and to be fair, I can't really justify that and I can't find anyone else to come with/justify it with me.

Other people I'd quite like to see this year:
  • Eminem
  • Justin Timberlake
  • Rudimental
  • Katy B (Again)
  • Kings of Leon
  • Foo Fighters
  • The XX
  • Delilah

So far this year I have seen, Jedeye's band, few people at Wireless (2 Chains, Katy B, Magnetic Man, ATCQ, Justin Timberlake and Jay Z - Legends of Summer) and now Iron Maiden. Got Paramore and Passenger coming up. I did get invited to one day of V Festival but I haven't heard anything since, that has a few people I'd like to see on the day (Kings of Leon, Rudimental (Especially these), Olly Murs again, Stereophonics would be interesting and Jaguar Skills. I've entered to win a shit load of iTunes festival tickets so we will see. Wouldn't mind seeing Jessie J assuming her new stuff is as good as her previous album (Don't judge me)

Edit: Just realised the time, I'm gonna get into bed now peeps. Much love <3

Lirlond

As someone who never wants to get married (/maybe/ in the legal sense but I doubt it) I really hope that won't destroy a long term relationship. I know its not much help musha, but the whole proposing, going to a chapel and what not might not appeal to him. It might be because I was raised Catholic (three hour wedding service wahey) but weddings just seem frivolous to me.

In other news im currently reading Robin Hobbs realm of the elderlings books. Currently on the Ship of Destiny. Really enjoying these so far.

afoni

Banned
My Dad never shuts up about how much he loves Robin Hobb books. I think he's currently going through some of them for a 3rd time.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Damian made me get interest in Batman again his arc with Grayson was amazing. So many smug face panels I could used as avatar was going to use one after he beat up Jason Todd on his bike

Yeah totally. My favourite damianface is in B&R 16 when he goes "I won't fail you father", so much character development in one little panel. I think that Morrison run is my favourite in all of comics.

I know this is perhaps not what you want to hear, but it literally took my mrs leaving me for two weeks to give me that push over the edge and get off my arse. Some boys just don't give a shit until its made perfectly clear what the stakes are. If he's not really interested in marriage, all he needs to think about if paying 20 grand and dealing with all the stress is a decent price to stay with you. By which I mean, if he really wants it, it'll be a no brainer.

That came out worse than I meant it to. I just mean that marriage is just not on some guys radar, and it can seem like a big kerfuffle that he's maybe not that interested in. But if he loves you, it will seem worth it and he'll get into it.

But really, if marriage is something that YOU really want, why don't you propose? You're a loveable gobshite, I don't even think it would be out of character. I think it is kinda ironic that even though weddings are so girl-centric, it still needs to be up to the boy to get things rolling :p

Mikeside

Mush, I'm so sorry, that sounds like absolute shit.
I don't know your relationship well enough to really offer anything helpful but if you want to talk or vent, I'm just on the other end of that phone line, OK?

Kent....I fucking love you man, you're a fucking entertaining guy & you'd better attend a meetup soon so I can buy you a bevvie. Also I want to get high with you & talk about shit.

edit: in case it isn't incredibly clear, I'm stoned as fuck right now.

Chinner

Banned
So there's someone younger than me!

I'm 17, male from London too. Nice to meet you.

which dragonball z character are you?

iammikeside said:
Kent....I fucking love you man, you're a fucking entertaining guy & you'd better attend a meetup soon so I can buy you a bevvie. Also I want to get high with you & talk about shit.

he's not going to get with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom