• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
Two questions: what do you want to do in media and how has your perception of the lib dems changed in the last four years

1) I don't want to say because people in this thread creep me out
2) Some very bad decisions were made by them but I genuinely think that they want what's best for the country, unlike Labour or the Tories. Naive I may be, but I'm not a cunt.

i hope expats are allowed.

Where do you live: tokyo
Where are you from: yorkshire via southampton
University: manchester
Favourite Sport: football (southampton), cricket (yorkshire), F1 (hamilton)
Political party of choice: no
Favourite thing on the box: UK? the thick of it
Favourite crisp flavour: ready salted
Favourite biscuit: ginger nut or bourbon
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: i don't know any
Beano or Dandy: beano, obviously

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Where do you live: SE London
Where are you from: SE London (Born in Maidstone)
University: Greenwich Uni then Canterbury for my Masters
Favourite Sport: WWE/UFC Rugby
Political party of choice: None Really
Favourite thing on the box: too many things,
Favourite crisp flavour: Worchestershire Sauce Flavour
Favourite biscuit: Any Really
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: dont like pokemon, so Keith Flint from the Prodigy
Beano or Dandy: Viz

Oh hai

Where do you live: Chelmsford
Where are you from: Chelmsford
University: N/A
Favourite Sport: Football
Political party of choice: None, they're all cunts
Favourite thing on the box: The Walking Dead
Favourite crisp flavour: Smoky Bacon
Favourite biscuit: Bourbon
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I have no idea what this means
Beano or Dandy: Beano

Reknoc

PSN: Reknoc
Steam: Woah, you go big guy
XBL Silver: Reknoc

Yo wiseblade did you finish Berserk yet? Reknoc is watching the films and doesn't like them.

It's true, the first one at least is poop. not a patch on the original TV series, of which I watched like, 3 episodes, great music. Hoping MangaEnt release the second film soon so I can get it with my lovefilm account.

Not yet, my mind got blown reading the 300s so I'm talking a 30 minute break. I really should hurry though, all the people who started after I did have overtaken me.

Everyone has overtaken me! I tried to catch up 2 MangaGAF OTs ago or so, still around the troll arc lol

8bit

Knows the Score
Uh, I'm lost. Did this thread graduate?

Anyway.

Where do you live: Switzerland
Where are you from: Glasgow
University: It's called the University of the West of Scotland now, although it was called Paisley Tech when I went.
Favourite Sport: Nah.
Political party of choice: Scottish Greens.
Favourite thing on the box: Arrow.
Favourite crisp flavour: Can you still get Brannigans Roast Beef & Mustard? What about Salt & Vinegar Dry Roasted Peanuts?
Favourite biscuit: Tunnocks Caramel Log
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I think I've only played Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Is Wobuffet one the first ones?
Beano or Dandy: 2000AD

Steam : essteeexe
PSN : stx38
XBL : my new router is incompatible with XBL

Where do you live: Birmingham
Where are you from: Near Birmingham
University: University of Birmingham
Favourite Sport: Quidditch
Political party of choice: Whichever one isn't David Cameron
Favourite thing on the box: Right now? In the Flesh. Looking forward to Doctor Who & Game of Thrones this weekend
Favourite crisp flavour: Sour Cream & Onion
Favourite biscuit: Oreos
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Litwick. Nicknamed Lumiere for maximum nerdification.
Beano or Dandy: Beano, clearly. Though I do like cow pie.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
God dammnnit this illness is killing me, did like 1.5 mile jog and my lungs cant go on...

also

Doctor Who sex scandal: Two gay executives 'abused young fans visiting the BBC studio

Yeah there are a spooky amount of us!
What are you studying at Uni?
Where do you live: Birmingham
Where are you from: Near Birmingham
University: University of Birmingham
Favourite Sport: Quidditch
Political party of choice: Whichever one isn't David Cameron
Favourite thing on the box: Right now? In the Flesh. Looking forward to Doctor Who & Game of Thrones this weekend
Favourite crisp flavour: Sour Cream & Onion
Favourite biscuit: Oreos
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Litwick. Nicknamed Lumiere for maximum nerdification.
Beano or Dandy: Beano, clearly. Though I do like cow pie.
Did not know it was back this weekend... cheers buddeh ^_^
Wow, we could start a gang.
We could star a motorbike gang

all we need are some leather jackets with GAF insignias

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
God dammnnit this illness is killing me, did like 1.5 mile jog and my lungs cant go on...

also

Doctor Who sex scandal: Two gay executives 'abused young fans visiting the BBC studio

What are you studying at Uni?

Did not know it was back this weekend... cheers buddeh ^_^

We could star a motorbike gang

all we need are some leather jackets with GAF insignias

If I jogged 1.5 miles you'd find me dead on the side of the road, you did good man.

We should start a motorbike gang in GTA multiplayer, that way I don't have to leave the house.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Where do you live: Weston-super-Mare
Where are you from: South Wales
University: Oxford, Open University, University of West of England
Favourite Sport: Rugby
Political party of choice: Conservative these days
Favourite thing on the box: Doctor Who
Favourite crisp flavour: Smokey Bacon
Favourite biscuit: Custard Cream
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: What are these Pokemon of which you speak?
Beano or Dandy: Both

Where do you live: Bristol
Where are you from: Preston, Lancs
University: St Andrews (weird to think that my old uni could be in a different country at the end of next year)
Favourite Sport: to play - badminton, to watch - snooker
Political party of choice: I've voted for all of the big three on occasion
Favourite thing on the box: I have to say Archer. Respect to anyone saying Breaking Bad though.
Favourite crisp flavour: Walkers Max Paprika Flavoured
Favourite biscuit: Hobnob
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: There's more than 150? I'm too old for this shit.
Beano or Dandy: Beano, obv.

Rubbish King

If I jogged 1.5 miles you'd find me dead on the side of the road, you did good man.

We should start a motorbike gang in GTA multiplayer, that way I don't have to leave the house.

I would need GTA :p
Although 5 could have untold motorbike gang options =D

I'm just down because being KO'd for two weeks has made me slow and shit

also I cant get up as early anymore -_-

Where do you live: Weston-super-Mare
Where are you from: South Wales
University: Oxford, Open University, University of West of England
Favourite Sport: Rugby
Political party of choice: Conservative these days
Favourite thing on the box: Doctor Who
Favourite crisp flavour: Smokey Bacon
Favourite biscuit: Custard Cream
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: What are these Pokemon of which you speak?
Beano or Dandy: Both
Bees got me laughing out loud :p
Don't listen to them, they're talking bollocks

NinjaBoiX

Woah, BGBW strutting the new thread straight into main GAF. I like your style.

Suzanna Reid on BBC news is hot. I'm mean, she's no Sian Williams.

Susanna%2BReid%2BFakes%2B(2).jpg

Just thought I'd share. Good morning britGAF.

P.S. I'm not expected to fill out the registration forms again am I? If so, could you get in touch with my secretary (Suzanna), she'll have it faxed over.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

P.S. I'm not expected to fill out the registration forms again am I? If so, could you get in touch with my secretary (Suzanna), she'll have it faxed over.

I said it before and I'll say it again. YES. Dat leg.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
As a heads up for anyone who's interested, the BBC have just finished (on Friday) an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, as a radio play on Radio 4. It's in the same style (and produced by the same person as) the Hitch-hiker's Guide radio series, and it's actually pretty good.

Stars James McAvoy as Richard Mayhew, Natalie Dormer (from Game of Thrones) as Door, David Harewood (from Homeland) as the Marquis de Carabas, Sophie Okondeo as Hunter, Benedict Cumberbach as the Angel Islington, Anthony Head as Mr Croup, Bernard Cribbins as Old Bailey and Christopher Lee(!) as the Earl of Earl's court.

6 episodes, the first's an hour long and the rest are half hours, all available on the iPlayer and the first episode's also available as their "drama of the week" podcast.

Worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing!

Suairyu

Banned
PSN: Reknoc
Steam: Woah, you go big guy
XBL Silver: Reknoc
Is this Steam account accurate?

pokemon-movie-1tae65.jpg

Even if you're OG, you should damn well know there were 151 to begin with.

As a heads up for anyone who's interested, the BBC have just finished (on Friday) an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, as a radio play on Radio 4. It's in the same style (and produced by the same person as) the Hitch-hiker's Guide radio series, and it's actually pretty good.

Stars James McAvoy as Richard Mayhew, Natalie Dormer (from Game of Thrones) as Door, David Harewood (from Homeland) as the Marquis de Carabas, Sophie Okondeo as Hunter, Benedict Cumberbach as the Angel Islington, Anthony Head as Mr Croup, Bernard Cribbins as Old Bailey and Christopher Lee(!) as the Earl of Earl's court.

6 episodes, the first's an hour long and the rest are half hours, all available on the iPlayer and the first episode's also available as their "drama of the week" podcast.

Yes indeed. Was meant to be checking these out as they came but life got in the way. Best download them onto iPlayer desktop before they disappear. (Though I'm sure they'll become 'available' elsewhere fairly quickly)

edit - nevermind, they're leaving them on iPlayer for a year? Is there a precedent for that? Not that I'm complaining.

Rubbish King

hnngh

No you dont have to, but you have the option ^_^
I got really bored waiting for the postman, so I decided I'd edit my user theme a bit so that post highlighting wasn't white on black.

Ooo-eer.
Why don't you play some video games w/ me

Wait a second.....

IT'S OUT TOMORROW

Is this Steam account accurate?
It is...lol

Fucking sweet! I know I like the sound of that, I know Phisheep liked Hitchhikers too, so maybe he would too!

Thanks for the heads up buddy! :)

Cool, I've got a long drive today and was just looking for some podcasts to fill the time. Episode 1 of this will do nicely.

Rubbish King

The novel doesn't come with Benedict Cumberbach OR Christopher Lee, you understand?

He understands nothing

btw I have L4D2 downloaded now so we can all plan a game sess sometime soon.

In a recent interview Gaiman said this radio play was the closest to his original vision.

Initially it was a TV series, though that turned out awful, and his novel was just an exercise in "Well, folks, this is kinda what I was trying to do with the TV show".

SWEEET

add me breh ^_^

Suairyu

Banned

Neverwhere has always been recommended to me in novel form.

Might give that a punt instead.
In a recent interview Gaiman said this radio play was the closest to his original vision.

Initially it was a TV series, though that turned out awful, and his novel was just an exercise in "Well, folks, this is kinda what I was trying to do with the TV show".

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I think a full-cast audiobook in this style would be perfect, as it is the fact that it's only 3 1/2 hours in total means that some stuff has had to be trimmed, but it's really good. Gaiman himself cameos in a couple of roles too so, along with what you've said, he obviously approves of what they've done.

SKINNER!

Banned
i hope expats are allowed.

Where do you live: tokyo
Where are you from: yorkshire via southampton
University: manchester
Favourite Sport: football (southampton), cricket (yorkshire), F1 (hamilton)
Political party of choice: no
Favourite thing on the box: UK? the thick of it
Favourite crisp flavour: ready salted
Favourite biscuit: ginger nut or bourbon
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: i don't know any
Beano or Dandy: beano, obviously

Absolutely! We even got Americans who are working in the UK chillin' out in here :) You're more than welcome.

Suairyu

Banned
Tash - will add people once we decide on a session time and date. It's very hard for me to keep track of my friends list atm and I need to prune before adding more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom