• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PJV3

I honestly thought you were going to say something sneaky like the Beezer or the Topper.

And the amount of anger from that Pokémon question is hilarious.

This is BritGaf, it should be Dangermouse v Duckula. Or Chorlton and the wheelies v the flumps

or is the question is referring to the so called "game"?, it's fucking shit either way.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
It's open to all dude lol, that would be pretty bad if we didn't!

For you perhaps.. Do you ever post on gaf as you walk? I'm literally walking past asda as I post now

No, I can't even txt and walk. It annoys the fuck out of me while I'm out and someone is txting me, stop start stop start. I think I've read and walked maybe twice in my life. It's weird.

8bit

Knows the Score
There was a comic I used to love called Triffic and I think it only went for about 12 issues. Felt a bit more grownup than Beano and Dandy. I wish I had gotten into 2000AD as a wee'un, so many awesome creators came out of there.

Not a lot of information on that one, this is about the best. : http://www.wizards-keep.com/index.asp?PageKind=CaseStudy&RefID=41946048&PageNumber=1

jengapart4027bs0.jpg

I've been reading 2000AD on and off since about 1978, started with Starlord and then Tornado, both of which were merged into 2000AD.

I have fond memories of things like Valiant, Lion, Eagle & Tiger as well but I think that kind of Boy's Own adventure is pretty much gone from the UK now.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
No, I can't even txt and walk. It annoys the fuck out of me while I'm out and someone is txting me, stop start stop start. I think I've read and walked maybe twice in my life. It's weird.
It's easy as long as you're good at finding where the bit you were on before you looked up to check if any obstacles are coming, also you have to train your eyes to pick up obstacles like dogshit when they're not in focus

PJV3

Not a lot of information on that one, this is about the best. : http://www.wizards-keep.com/index.asp?PageKind=CaseStudy&RefID=41946048&PageNumber=1

I've been reading 2000AD on and off since about 1978, started with Starlord and then Tornado, both of which were merged into 2000AD.

I have fond memories of things like Valiant, Lion, Eagle & Tiger as well but I think that kind of Boy's Own adventure is pretty much gone from the UK now.

I loved 2000AD, I had a pretty freaky nightmare about the robot with a hammerfist.

Car shops? Like the places on the way out of town towards Ash? Near the American Sweet shop? Or more in the centre where there's all the MOT places?

I'm always thrilled when I find local people on the internets.

It's not a bad town really, same as anywhere else. Us Aldershites just like taking the piss out of it :)

Near the American Sweet shop! Yeah it's alright here so far. Just annoying travelling back and forth from Farnborough to see my mates.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

oooh, apparently it's a collector's item. I wonder if I still have it somewhere... probably threw it away knowing me.

Where do you live: In a place called Crawley. It's like it sounds.
Where are you from: Reigate. Now ordinarily that'd make me a trumped up cunt, but my mum says I'm ok.
University: Bath University. After that I went to University of West England in Bristol for the legal training shenanigans.
Favourite Sport: Football. My passport requires it.
Political party of choice: I... I'm honestly not sure anymore.
Favourite thing on the box: Best thing I saw recently was Utopia. Don't watch a tonne of TV though.
Favourite crisp flavour: Salt and vinegar.
Favourite biscuit: Jaffa Cakes are pretty alright.
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Whose idea was it to ask this? Is this meant to be funny? I'm reporting you to chinner.
Beano or Dandy: Beano if pushed. Desperate Dan comes off as a fucking wanker tbh.

Seanbob11

My nephews turning 4 soon. I want to dig out my SNES and play the old classics with him. No idea where in my parents huge loft it is though :(

So this is the new thread huh. Cool.

My retinas nearly exploded this morning when I opened my curtains, thanks to the combo of bright sunlight and snow.

PJV3

You might want to avoid Fallout : New Vegas if Hammerstein freaks you out.

It was over 30 yrs ago and it's the only nightmare I can remember, it was so fucking real. the bastard was smashing up my cul de sac.

Chinner

Banned
Wonder where blahblah...blah has been.
Hasn't posted in a while

he pmed me. he said the new britgaf regulars (iammikeside,tashbrooke,hotgreenman and suairyu) bullied him out of the thread because he wanted to talk about something that is not girl/mum/topman related.

As a heads up for anyone who's interested, the BBC have just finished (on Friday) an adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere, as a radio play on Radio 4. It's in the same style (and produced by the same person as) the Hitch-hiker's Guide radio series, and it's actually pretty good.

Stars James McAvoy as Richard Mayhew, Natalie Dormer (from Game of Thrones) as Door, David Harewood (from Homeland) as the Marquis de Carabas, Sophie Okondeo as Hunter, Benedict Cumberbach as the Angel Islington, Anthony Head as Mr Croup, Bernard Cribbins as Old Bailey and Christopher Lee(!) as the Earl of Earl's court.

6 episodes, the first's an hour long and the rest are half hours, all available on the iPlayer and the first episode's also available as their "drama of the week" podcast.

Worth checking out if you're into that sort of thing!

I'm reading it at the moment, it is awesome. Gonna wait till I finish the book before I check out this though.

Is the thread open for immigrants living in UK? :)

Dude, you briefly attended a meet up, of course you're welcome!!!

123rl

First time I've seen this thread so I'll jump in. Awesome post to start this thread off btw

Where do you live: Just outside of Manchester
Where are you from: Lived in this town all my life
University: Central Lancs
Favourite Sport: MMA. Not a big sports guy tbh but I like watching Six Nations when it's on TV
Political party of choice: At a push, Labour but our political system is a joke.
Favourite thing on the box: Walking Dead and Modern Family. Top Gear when it's on
Favourite crisp flavour: Beef Monster Munch or Mexican Chilli Roysters
Favourite biscuit: Jaffa Cakes
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Stopped watching it after I finished school. I watched it literally every afternoon when I came home. This is when they only had about 90 episodes in circulation, and played 4 episodes a day. It got to the point where I could watch an episode and know the next 3
Beano or Dandy: Beano! Duh.

And I'm actually eating a full English breakfast right now - bacon, scrambled egg, mushrom, sausage, beans and toast

PJV3

Nonono, I said Chinese people were subhuman.

Also, that was Morrissey.

To be fair to old Moz, he said Sometimes when you see them skinning cats and dogs he wondered if they were subhuman. There aren't many nations he hasn't wished bad things upon including Canada.

OP made me chuckle.

Fellow Portsmouth-gaf reporting in. Check out a band called 'Somerstown portsmouth' on Youtube. All you pompey dinlow's will love it.

PJV3

I lived in Portsmouth for a couple of years, truly terrible and claustrophobic. I also think there was a lot of inbreeding going on. the bit around the edge was ok.

Maybe it was just North End that has skewed my opinion.

Suairyu

Banned
Dude, you briefly attended a meet up, of course you're welcome!!!
See there is some two-tier bullshit going on in this thread.

As far as Musha's concerned, you've either attended a meetup or you haven't. That's all that matters.

LondonGAF forcing their sense of worth on everyone else again :(

As far as Musha's concerned, you've either attended a meetup or you haven't. That's all that matters.

I thought you were London-GAF now.

Mulligan

Banned
Where do you live: Devon
Where are you from: Devon
University:
Favourite Sport: Roadkill
Political party of choice:
Favourite thing on the box:
Favourite crisp flavour:
Favourite biscuit: Foxes Biscuits
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Goku
Beano or Dandy:

I've only just read BGBW's amazing Op -- bravo, sir, bravo!

I think I've probably done one of these in the past but lets go again:

Where do you live: Liverpool -- previously lived in Bath and Bristol too
Where are you from: Liverpool
University: Edge Hill University, Lancashire
Favourite Sport: Football, YNWA
Political party of choice: At the moment, monster raving loonies
Favourite thing on the box: Come Dine With Me. If we're talking all time, it's Battlestar Galactica (2003 series)
Favourite crisp flavour: Squirrel
Favourite biscuit: The Humble Hobnob
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: I'm just not real enough to answer this
Beano or Dandy: They used to have these in my Dentist's waiting room, so both make me harken back to traumatising childhood memories

Here's my ridiculous spending on champagne and strippers that I mentioned last night:

Chinner

Banned

yeah noticed that, i guess we just have to deal wid it.

we okay to off-shoot a northern gaf thread?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Where do you live: Devon
Where are you from: Devon
University:
Favourite Sport: Roadkill
Political party of choice:
Favourite thing on the box:
Favourite crisp flavour:
Favourite biscuit: Foxes Biscuits
Favourite Pokemon POST 151: Goku
Beano or Dandy: