• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT3| It's good, but it's not right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's kinda like I stepped into a hotel adaptation of the US Office

dwight-the-office-creepy-smile-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-332.gif

f0rk

I've had a long and varied career. Actually "careering" is a bloody good way of describing it, as in veering all over the place at more-or-less full speed. One of my bosses once remarked that I had only two speeds, 100mph and stop. I don't do anything half-hearted.

Scare myself sometimes.
Do you think I should work for Mercedes F1 team

Depends how much you've got set aside for a rainy day Musha. If you like the numbers side (and more importantly if you like and have you head around the implications of the numbers), then you'll be able to do really well in management accounts, which can be damn lucrative in any place that grows by acquisition. Been there and done that in the 1990s, when I accidentally ended up in charge of a small accounts department, got the rest of the department arrested for fraud and had to run it all solo for about 6 months - which led within only a couple of years to being a (very well paid) kind of Euro-guru on company takeovers.

I have no savings, debts I'm trying to clear, planning on starting a family soon, and hoping to buy our own place at some point soon ish.

Hence why I can't be dicking around with taking any sort of pay cut.

I've thought maybe my skills can be transferred to another type of accounts, but with no qualifications or experience in other types of accounting I doubt I'd get something for what I'm on now. Plus I need to stick with the same company for a while if I'm going to be taking maternity leave in the next couple of years.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

Short answer, yes.

Longer answer: If you are going to give the job your everything, if it is not going to bore you stupid for more than 3 months at a time, and if it is going to enhance your prospects even if you either fail or leave early, then go for it, win it, and enjoy. It'll look damn good on the CV anyway.

If none of the above apply, then don't.

noffles

Banned
I got a 64 essay back yesterday and a 72 one back today. My GPA is now higher than my friend's and she doesn't know I'm secretly trying to best her.

ALSO:

R3wAF26.png

CROSSING THE LINE? WHAT LINE IS THERE STOPPING ME NOW?

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
Guys is there something wrong with pizza express pizzas?

Everytime I cook them the middle is undercooked and i have to burn the outside just to cook the dough

Am i doing something wrong?

I got a 64 essay back yesterday and a 72 one back today. My GPA is now higher than my friend's and she doesn't know I'm secretly trying to best her.

ALSO:

R3wAF26.png

Oh shit.
lol

My opinion means fuck all but i think you'd have to be bonkers not to go for it

SKINNER!

Banned
Just put in for office/department relocation 2 years from now. Glasgow's been great but I think it's time I checked out other cities before settling down. Hoping that I can look back at this post in 2015 and see how far I got.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Guys is there something wrong with pizza express pizzas?

Everytime I cook them the middle is undercooked and i have to burn the outside just to cook the dough

Am i doing something wrong?

Yeah, you're cooking at too high a temperature. Crank it down a bit.

f0rk

Just put in for office/department relocation 2 years from now. Glasgow's been great but I think it's time I checked out other cities before settling down. Hoping that I can look back at this post in 2015 and see how far I got.
Where do you want to move?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I don't know. Why did you stop drawing that white line around your avatar half way?

Also Pro Dark will make you hate anyone who takes advantage of GAF's light colours to hide lazily cut out avatars.

SKINNER!

Banned
Where do you want to move?

Still in the early stages but my dream place to move to would be Seattle. It all depends on what department I move into though. My current department is located here, just outside London, Germany, Georgia (US) and California. I can either stay (department-wise) where I am now and just obtain a desk in one of those places or take a chance and jump into a department (Business/Finance) outside of IT. Also need to decide whether it's going to be a 6/12 month assignment or a one way ticket. Got to sit down and really think about this.

Darren870

Still in the early stages but my dream place to move to would be Seattle. It all depends on what department I move into though. My current department is located here, just outside London, Germany, Georgia (US) and California. I can either stay (department-wise) where I am now and just obtain a desk in one of those places or take a chance and jump into a department (Business/Finance) outside of IT. Also need to decide whether it's going to be a 6/12 month assignment or a one way ticket. Got to sit down and really think about this.

Really not looking for a change of weather are you?

8bit

Knows the Score

Go to Germany!

I'd go with Cali.

So what happens if, during the next 2 years, you meet a beautiful Glaswegian lass and fall madly in love?

Where in Georgia and where in Cali?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Quite a short shift for today but apparently they ease you into it so I'm okay with it, the people who work there are really lovely :)

My boss (at the moment) is a legend

It's kinda like I stepped into a hotel adaptation of the US Office

Glad to hear it man!

I don't know why, but I've woken up this morning (or afternoon even...) with a really bad cold. I blame the fresh salt air, my body's not used to healthy stuff... awwwww, so illllllllll. Gah.

Mikeside

Turn it off and turn it back on again?

Even better.
They had just signed up to provide The Cloud from the pub, they'd had the box installed, but it wasn't working.

Turned out, they needed somebody to log in. I logged in.

Or, as I described it to them (as I'd been offered a free drink):

The service needed user-account approval to activate the service.

3Sixty

Jagerbombs are for pussies.

I've advanced into dropping shots of Jager into other drinks, my favourite so far being the Posh Bomb which is Jager into Champagne.

Mikeside

Jagerbombs are for pussies.

I've advanced into dropping shots of Jager into other drinks, my favourite so far being the Posh Bomb which is Jager into Champagne.

Poshbomb sounds amazing.
Jagerbombs aren't for pussies, light beer is for pussies.

Just don't go for Carling, Kopparberg, Jagerbomb, Desperados, and Jack Daniels & Coke in succession. Just... don't.

Why would anybody choose to drink Jack Daniels? It's like whiskey for people who hate good whiskey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom