• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I've been thinking a lot about my own mortality the last 24 hours and I think I've finally felt that weird spark that can drive people to religion. I mean, the concept of it was always clear in my head, but it's only really just clicked about how scary the idea of death is and how religion can give answers and possibly comfort to those frightened of it. Like, I'm sitting in bed right now in complete silence realising the view of the afterlife I have might eventually become reality for myself. I've only ever seen it as a complete dead end for a person where everything just stops, but that person was never me. I'm 20 and only now do I genuinely realise that one day I'll end up dying.

It feels so fucking upsetting, man. I don't want to die.

I felt like this once but I was tripping my balls off on mushrooms. So my advice is to do some mushrooms. It'll take you right up to the precipice of sheer existential terror, so you can have a nice long look over the edge. I think it's something to do with your young but maturing age, you're about to get to the point where you realise this is what life is. For the rest of your life. Which is either a very long time or a very short time depending on your perspective.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
So this resolution thing, are there any videos or even screenshots showing how much worse the Xbox One versions look or is it still just people getting mad about numbers?

I had this discussion with Mike the other day - on a TV, I cannot tell the difference between 720 and 1080. I literally do not know which games support what. All I know is that for the most part games look fucking ace and will continue to do so.

jimbor

Banned
I felt like this once but I was tripping my balls off on mushrooms. So my advice is to do some mushrooms. It'll take you right up to the precipice of sheer existential terror, so you can have a nice long look over the edge. I think it's something to do with your young but maturing age, you're about to get to the point where you realise this is what life is. For the rest of your life. Which is either a very long time or a very short time depending on your perspective.
"Life is the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come."

God bless The Wire.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
God bless The Wire.

2PNXQ.gif

Best. Show. Ever.

Danj

Morning BritGAF, how are we all?

Today is a day for getting things sorted. I'm taking my laptop to get the sound sorted so I can finally listen to music on it again and I'm currently on the phone to O2, working out the best way to upgrade to the Nexus 5 from iPhone 5 - though as I took out my contract in January, and am in contract until 2015, it's going to cost at least £575. Welp.

Uhhhh what? You could just buy an unlocked one direct from Google for less than that, they are flogging them for £299 on the play store.

f0rk

On the other hand, it's a much larger difference than any PS3 / 360 multiplat this gen and lord knows plenty of words were typed over those.

In terms of resolution it is, but the really big differences from this gen were things like frame rate or whatever was wrong with Skyrim on PS3. The resolution sacrifice should be to keep those things equal (definitely in the case of COD where they always get constant 60fps).

Can't believe I'm sort of defending the Xbox here.

Symphonia

Banned
So, er, anyone interested in buying a white 16GB iPhone 5? It's in perfect condition. No bumps or knocks or scratches. It has iOS 7 installed and, if needed, comes with a case.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
6Music is good, but digital only, wah waaah.
I listen to that as my alarm clock but more for Keaveny than the music which I don't really care for half the time.

Weirdly he followed me back on Twitter. I only use it once in a blue moon but I wonder what he thought when he saw the odd anime related message I posted on there.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ah, I only ever listen to Lauren Laverne. Don't really care for the other DJs.

I fancy Lauren Laverne so much. I don't really care for the 6Music music all too much, a bit wishywashyskinnyboy for my tastes. But I just really like Lauren's accent. She is a sexy radio lady.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
It's just become noise for me now. Only time I listen to a track is if it something I already know and that's usually for the earworm section.

Chinner

Banned
look green sars, i don't need to play animal crossing when i can actually do those things in real life.

CoXd1NN.jpg

.............................................................. .
FTlQkkC.png
nv2Mfcx.jpg

Chinner

Banned
if you need help understanding the above diagram: the dog poops on your head and an attractive women sees this so she is pointing and laughing at you.

NinjaBoiX

This last page:

ixYJwfGVWDgvQ.gif

I have no idea what's going on, but I like it.

I do! I kick myself regularly for not being into them as a teen. Can you imagine the girls at those gigs?! They were my people man, only I didn't know it yet.
Yeah man, she's a Sunderland lass innit! They did a gig at my school in the early days.

The girls at the gig smelt like 10p mix ups, cheap perfume and Wotsits. So hot.

Where's Blackgate though? I see it advertised on a billboard with Origins but haven't heard anything else about the game.

I fooled around with a friend's copy for an hour or so. It's not what I'd hoped at all. To be fair, it was asking a lot for a spin-off of a licensed game to be as good as the best Metroidvanias To top it off, Arkham Origins itself is littered with bugs, at least on 360. Was having a great time last night just exploring the city, suddenly game freezes. Sad times.

Who remembers Kenickie?

I only know them from Phonogram, but it made me curious to listen to some of their stuff. I'll probably hate it, but at least I'll have context.

Lirlond

Just woke up. Still cold from last night. Protip: do not carry a large disc of metal with you in the cold.

Holy shit greenscar is younger than me ):

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Stop judging people with foot fetishes.

We aren't all bad.

I could never be a foot fetishist, my wife's feet are FREAKY. I say to her that they're like the witches feet in The Witches, square toed and slightly orangey. This does not endear me to her.

I only know them from Phonogram, but it made me curious to listen to some of their stuff. I'll probably hate it, but at least I'll have context.

Go into them through vol 1 of Phonogram as well. If you like that (or at least, if you thought you would like to have sex with the girl in the comic who talks about it :p) then you will probably like it. Get the first album At The Club, it's wonderful.

Actually, I have Phonogram Mixtapes (one for each volume). I should find a way to upload them for you, I think you might dig.

SKINNER!

Banned
For the record, I'll be keeping this avatar and continue on my quest to tarnish that duck's name and cred if he does not apologise to greenscar and Mike for all his shit.

SH849Uc.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom