• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren870

What sort of things does this involve?

I specialize in Firewalls but do some basic routing as well. Basically I open up policies to allow people to trade and communicate to the outside and various exchanges. This allows banks to get bigger and make (or lose) more money!

Thats the short of it...however I do site builds, divestitures, acquisitions and some other bigger fun stuff.

afoni

Banned
were you just watching nisemonogatari?

Discussing it, yes. I still need to get my arse in gear and watch Nekomonogatari, but I can't be bothered.

I'm watching Attack on Titan, this isn't the anime depicted in BGBW's avatars

Attack on Titan has been stupidly popular, which is weird because popular stuff is usually complete shit, but apparently it's actually kind of good. Haven't watched any of it myself though.

So bored.

Is it Friday yet?

Wednesday, I mean Wednesday. Of course I'm looking forward to meeting EviLore and not just thinking about seeing a certain boi again...

Reknoc

Discussing it, yes. I still need to get my arse in gear and watch Nekomonogatari, but I can't be bothered.

I haven't even seen Nise' yet, just the first episode and the infamous toothbrush scene.

I'm watching Attack on Titan, this isn't the anime depicted in BGBW's avatars

BGBW only watchs moé moé anime, AoT is like, moé at best.

I gave up with the anime, too low budget. Kinda given up on the manga as well, will wait for a bucket load of chapters to be ready.

Mikeside

naw my time as alpha has come to the end

the season of tashbrooke has come to a close

The Fourth Age of BritGAF |OT| marks the rise of the hardy Northmen. Chinner, Meadows, Kentpaul and their kin will post mighty epics as the Tashbrookes and Mikesides of Southern BritGAF - once prosperous in |OT2| and |OT3| - flee West to Valinor or stay, and fade until they are naught but invisible spirits, haunting the thread

I hate being asked for '3 interesting facts' about myself. I'm boring, fuck off.

...can you not come up with 3 things? :(

Symphonia

Banned
Random question/topic of conversation...

If you were to have a child, what would you call him or her? (I got this after reading 'Why do parents give their children made up names?)

I've had this conversation many times before but always struggled.
I want Raiden for a boy.

My little girl is called Anna-Lily.

afoni

Banned
If I have a daughter...

HO1TCxE.png

SmokyDave

The Fourth Age of BritGAF |OT| marks the rise of the hardy Northmen. Chinner, Meadows, Kentpaul and their kin will post mighty epics as the Tashbrookes and Mikesides of Southern BritGAF - once prosperous in |OT2| and |OT3| - flee West to Valinor or stay, and fade until they are naught but invisible spirits, haunting the thread

Those of us in the Midlands will just sagely nod our heads and go about our usual business.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Doing deliveries and uplifts for a charity shop today and managed to pick my self up a weight bar and a few weight at the fine price of 5 quid.

Attack on Titan has been stupidly popular, which is weird because popular stuff is usually complete shit, but apparently it's actually kind of good. Haven't watched any of it myself though.

I'm watching it as a concession to my anime-crazed friends. It's kind of okay, I guess. The only other anime I've ever watched was Fullmetal Alchemist, and I don't think Attack on Titan is as good.

NinjaBoiX

I want Raiden for a boy.

My little girl is called Anna-Lily.
Please don't call your child Raiden. Give the poor kid a chance! Anna-Lily is nice though.

Girls names:

Alexa
Millie
Isla
Kristen
Jessica
Amélie
Alyssa

Boys names:

I dunno, Dave? I haven't really given that one much thought!

f0rk

...can you not come up with 3 things? :(

Probably, I haven't given it too much thought because I don't want to. I'm very self conscious about how dumb they might sound compared to the people who are all 'I competed in some international running competition in Dubai' and shit like that.
Wish I could just say here's an interesting fact, I'd rather be at home doing anything than giving out all this stuff about me to a bunch of strangers I just met and I don't know if you're a dickhead or not yet.
Typing it out makes me sound angry or something, but it's just I'm quite shy and quiet and being made to do these forced ice breaker things makes me uncomfortable as that's not how I am. And then being pretty self conscious makes me define 'interesting' quite harshly.

My avatar consist of K-On (main gal) and YuruYuri (girl wearing dog pjs).
Do either of those involve people being eaten or children murdering their kidnappers? This is the first anime I've watched.

Mikeside

Random question/topic of conversation...

If you were to have a child, what would you call him or her? (I got this after reading 'Why do parents give their children made up names?)

I've had this conversation many times before but always struggled.

I've always liked the name Alex for a girl, but also Meredith and Jennifer or Jessica
For a boy I quite like Ellis and Matthius but I'm not really sold on them.

Probably, I haven't given it too much thought because I don't want to. I'm very self conscious about how dumb they might sound compared to the people who are all 'I competed in some international running competition in Dubai' and shit like that.
Wish I could just say here's an interesting fact, I'd rather be at home doing anything than giving out all this stuff about me to a bunch of strangers I just met and I don't know if you're a dickhead or not yet.
Typing it out makes me sound angry or something, but it's just I'm quite shy and quiet and being made to do these forced ice breaker things makes me uncomfortable as that's not how I am. And then being pretty self conscious makes me define 'interesting' quite harshly.

Sounds like you go through the same cycles of overthinking things that I do.
I think you're a pretty interesting guy, so I wouldn't worry too much about how you're perceived on a first impression when you're put on the spot like that. Just try to think of 3 fairly recent things that stand out to you & relay them in an enthusiastic way. If you're excited about something then it's not hard to get somebody else excited about it.

Kentpaul

Stares at you with a evil glance.

Go around a few charity shops man you might find some weights and stuff on the cheap. I'l be looking out for retro consoles next time i'm doing a shift on the charity shop pickups.

Also guys, How long before we invade Spain ?

SmokyDave

Please don't call your child Raiden. Give the poor kid a chance! Anna-Lily is nice though.

Girls names:

Alexa
Millie
Isla
Kristen
Jessica
Amélie
Alyssa

Boys names:

I dunno, Dave? I haven't really given that one much thought!

Do it. I'll call my first born son NinjaBoiX. He'll love it, although it'll make signing up here awkward.

As for me, Isaac Ryan* Lastname for a boy. For a girl, the missus and me are a little divided. She likes Poppy, Lilly, Holly, that kinda thing. I'm more Elizabeth, Victoria sort of thing. I can imagine we'll probably compromise on 'Lottie' for a girl. No fucking idea about the middle name.

*I'm aware it sounds like 'eyes are crying' when said out loud. Fuck it, kid's gonna need thick skin with me & Mrs S as parents anyway.

Mikeside

Also guys, How long before we invade Spain ?

We're constantly invading Spain. We send thousands of families there every year to eat their food, drink their booze and break their windows. Haven't you ever seen Costa Del Crime?

Also, I just ordered 2x SNES controllers and a USB adapter. Excited to play Super Meat Boy, Super Metroid and some other dpad favourites properly. Aw Yiss.

Kentpaul

We're constantly invading Spain. We send thousands of families there every year to eat their food, drink their booze and break their windows. Haven't you ever seen Costa Del Crime?

Also, I just ordered 2x SNES controllers and a USB adapter. Excited to play Super Meat Boy, Super Metroid and some other dpad favourites properly. Aw Yiss.

Emulator heaven ;)

I have been to Spain once a year since i was a kid, It's a great place but this shit is to far. War is the only option now. Spain could even solve there hellish unemployment figures by just recruiting everyone into the army.

It makes me sad the UK is now soft :( Way back when we would stand for this shit.

Mikeside

I'd rather spent 2 weeks at campsite in a music festival then go to a shitty holiday resort in Spain.
and how!

except to be fair my grandparents have a place in Spain and its pretty lush so I'd probably do a week there and a week long festival if given the choice

Kentpaul

Never been to Spain.

Yes it is.

I believe they did a bit of posing, I didn't really stand there and stare at them.

Yes. May go again next year.

Imagine great weather, 50 drunken English people packed into a small bar on the beach and the noise of a great time. Imagine this right along the beach and a few streets back.

I once bought a bag of weed from a guy who was running the doors at one club and he took me into another club across the street right to a bathroom and done the deal. Its weed ffs you would think he was selling me a duffel bag of charly the way he was acting.

I also got very creative on that weed and bought some putty and made a little man on my balcony.

404015_259725407455132_116263321_n.jpg

His little face gave me bad vibes and ruined my high a little but hey, Its spain!

Painted the little man too

306197_259725737455099_546523318_n.jpg

I was high in spain.

Imagine great weather, 50 drunken English people packed into a small bar on the beach and the noise of a great time. Imagine this right along the beach and a few streets back.

I couldn't imagine anything worse.

I did a couple of holidays to Tenerife when I was a teenager. Luckily I found myself a rock bar and hid in there the whole time.

Don't get me wrong the weather is lovely and the sea is gorgeous to swim in. I just can't handle being around British people on holiday.

These days I try and go to non touristy places. Helsinki was amazing, didn't see a single British person the whole 2 weeks I was there.

Kentpaul

I couldn't imagine anything worse.

I did a couple of holidays to Tenerife when I was a teenager. Luckily I found myself a rock bar and hid in there the whole time.

Don't get me wrong the weather is lovely and the sea is gorgeous to swim in. I just can't handle being around British people on holiday.

These days I try and go to non touristy places. Helsinki was amazing, didn't see a single British person the whole 2 weeks I was there.

You holiday hipster! Your like my father, He's like fuck amsterdam , rotterdams the place to be! I love drinking with British people on holiday, It's like being at home but your away. We all know native people from other country's hate tourists and just want yo money, At least you know were you stand when you bump into another brit.

Rockbars are great all over the world and when i was last in Spain i chilled in a line dancing bar for a few, Line dancers and there little crazy line dances is a good time.

NinjaBoiX

Just been on the phone to my bro, long story short, it turns out that his new GF fucked Bjork with a strap-on about 10 years ago. I'm not even joking!

She's still pals with her on FB. He asked how she was in bed, very tender apparently. *brain melts*

My god, that is a fucking claim to fame!

My bro was my hero. He is now god tier.

Kentpaul

Just been on the phone to my bro, long story short, it turns out that his new GF fucked Bjork with a strap-on about 10 years ago. I'm not even joking!

She's still pals with her on FB. He asked how she was in bed, very tender apparently. *brain melts*

Who is Bjork, Isn't he a gaffer ?

Wat.

Seriously, this is true? Omg seriously considering coming to Manc with you after Paramore just to meet this legend!

f0rk

Can I use this as one of my interesting facts

Mikeside

What the shit!
My jealousy may consume me.

Kentpaul

This guy i know on a forum has a friend who has a girlfriend who fucked bjork with a strap on 10 years ago!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom