• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Reknoc

Summer Wars is practically a re-telling of Digimon Adventure: Our War Game!, just without the Digimon. Plus both things have a similar styling for what the Internet looks like. It should be obvious from that!

I've not seen either tbh but after I watched Wolf Children I went on a quick Hosoda binge and rerererererewatched his One Piece film and checked out the first Digimon movie he did. It was still really good.

I've not seen either tbh but after I watched Wolf Children I went on a quick Hosoda binge and rerererererewatched his One Piece film and checked out the first Digimon movie he did. It was still really good.

The first Digimon film is pretty good, but Our War Game! is a billion times better. It's got a lot more action, and it follows on directly from the end of Digimon Adventure (the TV show), but it's incredibly strong for what it is. I'd definitely recommend you see it - hell, even the English dub would do.

And then Summer Wars blows it away.

Y'all need to try some psychological stuff if you want to get into anime. They short series, 13-26 episodes.

Paranoia Agent (hell, anything Satoshi Kon needs to be seen)
tumblr_mm4cbqEE5Z1qdc388o1_500.gif

paranoia_agent__or_why_satoshi_kon_hates_kawaii_by_phan2angel7-d6rddkt.jpg

Flowers of Evil
flowers-of-evil-anime.jpg

iGaPKq8.jpg

Serial Experiments Lain
tumblr_mpyv4ufczy1riyvejo1_500.gif

Welcome to NHK
52675.jpg

tumblr_n480k2E9c91rk37c9o1_500.gif

Reknoc

The first Digimon film is pretty good, but Our War Game! is a billion times better. It's got a lot more action, and it follows on directly from the end of Digimon Adventure (the TV show), but it's incredibly strong for what it is. I'd definitely recommend you see it - hell, even the English dub would do.

Summer Wars has been on my to watch list for a while. The thing with Our War Game is that I'm not super into Digimon, and the first film works a little better as its short and has limited characters.

(hell, anything Satoshi Kon needs to be seen)

100% this. Also a lot of Hirasawa music which is <3

Worth mentioning Oshii as well. His Patlabor film is fantastic (and Ghost in the Shell ofc)

I've been meaning to watch SEL ever since finishing Digimon Tamers (from the same writer). Sounds intense.

Satoshi Kon's stuff too. I've only seen Paprika.

Son Of D

Think about this for a minute: I (and you) have probably passed a member of BritGAF on the roads or streets without knowledge of it. We live in a small world.

I've streetpassed BGBW a couple of times on my way to uni since he goes past it to work. But there has to be another BritGAF member who lives in or near Elephant and Castle.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Kendrick and SK are awesome, I thought Bridesmaids was genuinely funny (Jon Hamm's character, the cop who was that guy from IT crowd, the stealing of all the puppies etc.) and I love everything Souls related. I'm dying to get a PS4 and Bloodborne but starting a new job Monday and trying not to get too crazy until I'm settled in.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

Didn't the first Digimon film end with them mass forwarding every email. Every. Email. To the bad guy in order to slow him down??

Satoshi Kon is great. The only other anime's worth watching are Cowboy Bebop (one of the best programmes of all time) and the Full Metal Alchemists. Ooh and maybe Samurai Champloo if you like hip hop and samurais.

A former tv reality star committed suicide at the age of 24 due to depression. A One Direction fan comments:

https://twitter.com/graceloisrowe/status/580785341159858176

I kind of remember the show, I think it was like the Jack Black film 'School of Rock', except they sent Gene Simmons to a school to put a show on.

Have they confirmed it was suicide?

I remember lil Chris, he was a sweet kid, got too famous too fast then crashed and burned, haven't heard anything about him in recent years till now. It's a very sad thing.

Zayn leaving 1D and all the fan reactions are just comedy.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Saw something similar to that at a medieval fête in France.

Shit is entertaining as fuck. I wish I had reason to go around in armour like that. I would work in ye olde medieval speeke too.

"I asked for milk and two sugars you fucking knave"

Mate I'd be well into this, I guess there are two types of people who do it. In one hand you have the re enactment bunch who would love to live the life in a war camp and re live battle with real strategies. But on the other you got a bunch of lads who just wanna smash some fuckin' teef in m8 but with axes and swords.

Either way it's a win win for everyone involved.

On the way I bumped into some other re-enactors, randomly in a petrol station, who invited me to try the full body combat side of things. I'm not an aggressive man but part of me is missing swinging a sword around and twatting a guy with it. Plus they train in London, which is a huge bonus.

Part of me feels like the emptiness inside could be filled by what you just said. I played D&D once and go WAY too into becoming my character, never mind putting me in armour and giving me a sword. I'd be lost to time.

p.s. SUMMER WARS!

Mate I'd be well into this, I guess there are two types of people who do it. In one hand you have the re enactment bunch who would love to live the life in a war camp and re live battle with real strategies. But on the other you got a bunch of lads who just wanna smash some fuckin' teef in m8 but with axes and swords.

Either way it's a win win for everyone involved.

Part of me feels like the emptiness inside could be filled by what you just said. I played D&D once and go WAY too into becoming my character, never mind putting me in armour and giving me a sword. I'd be lost to time.

britgaf d&d? yeah I would be into that*.

*probably wouldn't bother commiting due to how unproductive i am.

Reknoc

Accountant broke something so I haven't had my pay yet, constantly checking my account so I can order Bloodborne before next day shipping is over lol

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
D&D is great. I like most pen and paper RPGs actually. Currently in a (another) pathfinder play by post game on GAF. Good times.

Hi sploatee! Haven't seen SmokyDave around lately, hope he comes back soon.

Didn't the first Digimon film end with them mass forwarding every email. Every. Email. To the bad guy in order to slow him down??

Every email being sent to them! Look, it made sense within the story, it was actually a pretty neat way to take out the bad guy.

It's great. It's great.

Qasiel

Really? I loved Zombies! Also had a good laugh playing Resistance recently. The only problem is my uber competitive streak!

Yeah, I remember you losing your patience a little, but that could have been because Friar Dave was taking his time reading what the Skateboard did.

You roll a one. You tip your fedora and are ignored.

I've been rolling the MTG lifespinners (which are essentially d20s) recently and have discovered I'm very unlucky at it. Rolling a 1 for a fedora tip would be incredibly likely.

Mikeside

I didn't think you'd be down for D&D if I'm honest, dude. I remember how flustered you got playing Zombies that time!

Tips : DM will need to prepare for maybe a week before the first session to build some quests and get a plan together, also drink first to get everyone ready and break the intimidation so people are ready to feel silly and role play

SKINNER!

Banned
Musha was a boss when we all played Resistance and Werewolves the last time she was in Glasgow. Half the time I was like "She clearly taking charge cus she's a spy/werewolf" but later on I'm like "ffffuck! This doesn't add up! She has to be innocent...right? RIGHT!?"

Musha was a boss when we all played Resistance and Werewolves the last time she was in Glasgow. Half the time I was like "She clearly taking charge cus she's a spy/werewolf" but later on I'm like "ffffuck! This doesn't add up! She has to be innocent...right? RIGHT!?"

And I was. Totally innocent. Every time.

Well, except for werewolves when I totally fooled you all into saving the last werewolf because we were lovers.

But yeah, I called out 7/8 spies correctly and we still lost because you all thought I was a spy and didn't believe me.

xxczx

Passed my driving test today, it's funny how there's no idiots on the road the hour before your test but once the driving examiner enters the car, the idiots come out in flocks.

Three point turn I had a woman come to a stop to wait, I stopped at the first point and looked at her but she didn't go and I got to the second point where my car was blocking her side of the road she suddenly decides her waiting time is over and she speeds off onto the other side of the road to get past me. Good job I quickly stopped or else that would've been a fail for me.

Numerous others too but that one was the closest I had to a fail.

Qasiel

Well, except for werewolves when I totally fooled you all into saving the last werewolf because we were lovers.

But yeah, I called out 7/8 spies correctly and we still lost because you all thought I was a spy and didn't believe me.

I had that when I played recently. We have one of those faces, I guess.

Edit: Congrats xxczx!

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member

I need to check this game out. I love games that make you instantly turn on friends.

Risk gets real serious when we play it in my house.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I need to check this game out. I love games that make you instantly turn on friends.

Risk gets real serious when we play it in my house.
Had someone flip a Settlers of Catan board over an ore monopoly. It was already 11PM so everyone just went home.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
Had someone flip a Settlers of Catan board over an ore monopoly. It was already 11PM so everyone just went home.

EURGH... I hate to think how much time was lost over that one salty move.

Closest thing I've experienced to that is someone flipping a metaphorical table when throwing their Munchkin card hand all across the room.

Top Bottom