• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So my room got broken into Wednesday night, they took my iPad and WiiU, as well as my house mate's iPads and some jewellery, seems like they were in and out looking for small high value stuff. Thankfully they left my PC and all the gear for it, including some decent headphones, strangely.

Im worried they might return for the bigger stuff like TV's and my PC at some point, but we are getting new doors and locks fitted today. Still leaves me a bit worried about leaving the house unattended though.

A CSI team even turned up and lifted footprints from the floor and fingerprints from the doors and some of boxes. It was pretty cool to watch. They got some 'good clean prints' apparently so hopefully they find whoever did it. Mostly annoyed about my WiiU, only had that for about a month and didnt get to finish Bayo 1 or even start Bayo 2 :(

:-( that sucks Poet. Hope you are ok x

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
So my room got broken into Wednesday night, they took my iPad and WiiU, as well as my house mate's iPads and some jewellery, seems like they were in and out looking for small high value stuff. Thankfully they left my PC and all the gear for it, including some decent headphones, strangely.

Im worried they might return for the bigger stuff like TV's and my PC at some point, but we are getting new doors and locks fitted today. Still leaves me a bit worried about leaving the house unattended though.

A CSI team even turned up and lifted footprints from the floor and fingerprints from the doors and some of boxes. It was pretty cool to watch. They got some 'good clean prints' apparently so hopefully they find whoever did it. Mostly annoyed about my WiiU, only had that for about a month and didnt get to finish Bayo 1 or even start Bayo 2 :(

Woah man... That's horrible news I'm sorry to hear. The new doors that you are having fitted should help keeping them out. They will be stupid to hit the same house again in my opinion.

These kinda things can shake a person up. Hope you're ok! :(

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Thanks for the kind words. And yeh I'm fine, just pissed off.

I will treat you to a drink tomorrow of up to £2.76 value.

--

I just didded a good thing. I hope. Trying to help the marvellous and incredible Joyce Leyland LGBT centre in Manchester get access to the contacts and resources of Big Global Mega Firm and Fake Prestigious Royal Society. I really hope it comes off. They're amazing - If they'd been around when I was a teen I probably wouldn't have gone through half the horrors that I did. So please send positive karma and that towards them!

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
If you were a spy you'd be caught straight away as none of those things are ever true.

hqdefault.jpg

I just didded a good thing. I hope. Trying to help the marvellous and incredible Joyce Leyland LGBT centre in Manchester get access to the contacts and resources of Big Global Mega Firm and Fake Prestigious Royal Society. I really hope it comes off. They're amazing - If they'd been around when I was a teen I probably wouldn't have gone through half the horrors that I did. So please send positive karma and that towards them!

I had to Google this to find out what it was I'm ashamed to say :( But that's great! Best thing you can do is make sure other people don't have to go through what you did by supporting this charity.

Yup, need to drown my sorrows

I'll buy you a pint in my local tonight and drink it for you in your honour.

NinjaBoiX

ytJxM3I.jpg

You can get it for around £45 now, I'm going to get one so I can watch Netflix and stuff in the front room.
http://www.moreflicks.com

I checked that when I saw the question. It took two seconds.
Oh right, I didn't know this existed. I figured you had so many PSN accounts you even had a Brazilian one!
The North Borders is probably becoming one of my favourite albums. So amazing. That's the album that introduced me to Bonobo. You never forget your first time :') Bonobo was so gentle.
I first heard Animal Magic years ago, then Rob, one of the sound engineers at work used to play The North Borders really loud at like 4am when we were tidying up and closing the club. I've been addicted ever since, I listen to it at least 5 times a week.
Nice one sploatee! Good for you mane, hope it bears fruit.

Lunch_Box_

Neo Member
I first heard Animal Magic years ago, then Rob, one of the sound engineers at work used to play The North Borders really loud at like 4am when we were tidying up and closing the club. I've been addicted ever since, I listen to it at least 5 times a week.

Yeah man, I listen to at least one of the songs from the album on my commute to work sogood.gif.

I've been looking for similar stuff ever since so if you have any suggestions that would be awesome!

I've been listening to a group called Blue Sky Black Death lately, they're worth a listen, very atmospheric. Their album Noir is probably their best.

Symphonia

Banned
Oh right, I didn't know this existed. I figured you had so many PSN accounts you even had a Brazilian one!
I only have one PSN account that I use. I had two on PS3 for accessing the UK and US PS Stores respectively. Even so, why would my PSN account affect Netflix? Netflix goes by your DNS, not by the location set by your PSN profile.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
What's the point of a PSA without a link?

Looking into it, it's not compatible with every game which is a bit odd. Look up one of Vita's supposedly top title, Tearaway, and that's not usable on it. That's just madness!

EDIT: Oh yeah, it has that rear touch panel that was forgotten about soon afterwards. Though apparently that doesn't explain all games.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider

Looking into it, it's not compatible with every game which is a bit odd. Look up one of Vita's supposedly top title, Tearaway, and that's not usable on it. That's just madness!

Yup. To be honest, everything I know about it suggests it's a pretty botched piece of technology. 40 odd quid is probably worth it, I imagine, but it's not going to be around for long.

Reknoc

EDIT: Oh yeah, it has that rear touch panel that was forgotten about soon afterwards. Though apparently that doesn't explain all games.

I know some game that XSeed released is waiting to get a compatibilty patch (can't remember what it is though, Ys or Senran maybe), so I think it's any game that uses any touch stuff (front and back likely) isn't going to be compatible without a patch.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Only just started Bloodborne, and I can feel the rage rising already. It's ruthless.

Don't rage! If it's anything like DS, the difficulty is a red herring. You just need to get used to the fact the game trusts you to learn and be good at it. And you do get good at it, believe me. Yahtzee's video on it summed it up. Modern games are just really easy and infantilised imo - in that they're just not designed for adults but teenagers who want an easy macho time. Just roll with it and get zen :)

Also reminds me of playing games on my dad's Commodore 64. You died a lot , it was just normal. Modern games seem to be scared of doing anything that challenges you. Grumble and all that. I'm probably wrong, I don't know. I love Dark Souls. You may know this!

(She says after swearing out loud after losing 40,000 souls last night )

Reknoc

Don't rage! If it's anything like DS, the difficulty is a red herring. You just need to get used to the fact the game trusts you to learn and be good at it. And you do get good at it, believe me. Yahtzee's video on it summed it up. Modern games are just really easy and infantilised imo - in that they're just not designed for adults but teenagers who want an easy macho time. Just roll with it and get zen :)

Also reminds me of playing games on my dad's Commodore 64. You died a lot , it was just normal. Modern games seem to be scared of doing anything that challenges you. Grumble and all that. I'm probably wrong, I don't know. I love Dark Souls. You may know this!

tbf though, when you died on dark souls it wasn't long until your dumb ass was revived at the fire. Doesn't sound like that's the case for Bloodborne.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
tbf though, when you died on dark souls it wasn't long until your dumb ass was revived at the fire. Doesn't sound like that's the case for Bloodborne.

Ah I didn't know, sorry Cyst. I'm avoiding as much as I can on Bloodborne. All I know is that it's faster and you can't make a black character :)

Reknoc

Ah I didn't know, sorry Cyst. I'm avoiding as much as I can on Bloodborne. All I know is that it's faster and you can't make a black character :)

I didn't even know that, but I love reading about somewhat serious technical problems because; Exclusive Game + Problems = Hilariously Stupid Defensive Posts (the awful load times are just punishment for dying! - Denis Dyack 2008)

Symphonia

Banned

I've not played a single game that is as unforgiving as Bloodborne. I know I was going to face a challenge, but having not played either Dark/Demons Souls before, I didn't expect the difficulty to be ramped up so high within seconds of starting. Hell, without giving away too much information about it or spoiling it for anyone,
I've just entered back into the nightmare for the first time, entered Yharnam, killed a few 'civilians' only for me to be hacked to pieces by a huge grunt with a mahoosive weapon that makes my battle axe look like a twig. And, of course, when you die, it sends you back to the last lantern you lit, leaving you to kill them all over again. It seems like a really vicious cycle of wash, rinse, repeat

That said, though I am beginning to feel the infamous rage that players of From's previous games have experienced, I have to say I'm really enjoying the game so far. The graphics are, by far, the least impressive aspect of the game. They're decent enough, sure, but I was expecting better. Maybe the grungy, gritty style is to fit the style of game, who knows? Besides, visuals ain't really what BB is about. For me, the combat is the best thing about it. The way your combos and attacks just flow together is beautiful, and it does make every fight so much more satisfying. I'd say the combo system is on par with Rocksteady's Arkham games, if not slightly better.

I'm looking forward, though equally terrified, to see what challenges Bloodborne has in store for me.

Volotaire

It's a price cut anyway, not a clearance. There will be further cuts to this new price in the future.

Tearaway was the one game that I was really interested in purchasing a Vita. But they announced the PS4 version with all the Vita's content included.

Symphonia

Banned
This is a HUGE claim. If this is the case then I can't wait to give it a go.
Bear in mind that's my personal opinion of the combat in BB. The attacks, and dodges, and parries just link together seamlessly in fluid motion. Don't expect uppercuts akin to Arkham, though. But, yes, in my opinion, the combat in Bloodborne is superb.

I quite enjoyed Sleeping Dogs for about five minutes until it started trying to teach me how to fight.

I have almost always found combat in 3D games to be no fun at all. I still want Bloodborne though.

Qasiel

I like Glasgow. Reminds me a lot of Cardiff.
Hopefully I'll run into the TRON church you sent me a picture of on my travels so I can give thanks to our Lord and Saviour, Kevin Flynn.

Managed to find a comic book shop just around the corner from the train station, so that's pretty cool. Looking forward to having a good old explore tomorrow.

NinjaBoiX

I've been looking for similar stuff ever since so if you have any suggestions that would be awesome!
Sure:

Mr Scruff - Chipmunk

DJ Krush - Song 2

Télépopmusik - Breathe

Chemical Brothers - Lost In The K-Hole

Sneaker Pimps - Post-Modern Sleaze

Boards of Canada - Geogaddi

Kojak - Corner Soul

Hooverphonic - Inhaler

Also, check out Ninja Tune's catalogue, loads of this type of stuff.
Good luck watching Netflix on that when it isn't supported.
Really? Lame.

You can remote play off your PS4 though right? Couldn't you remote play Netflix?

Hopefully I'll run into the TRON church you sent me a picture of on my travels so I can give thanks to our Lord and Saviour, Kevin Flynn.

Managed to find a comic book shop just around the corner from the train station, so that's pretty cool. Looking forward to having a good old explore tomorrow.

Ah that's probably the comic shop I went in last but one time I was up there, nice little place.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
And Vita doesn't have Netflix. Be warned!!!

-

Good luck Cyst! I was like you a few months ago. I was a Padawan. The genuine terror you get from a gigantic creepy boss is matched by the euphoria you get when you overcome it.

Seriously - I was literally high for hours after beating Ornstein and Smough. Well at least 20 minutes. I felt like an absolute champion of life. There's nothing quite like it.

I'm playing the Dark Souls DLC now and it's like
going back in time. "Oh hai!" "RUN AWAYYYYYYY!" Heaven :)

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
The North Borders is probably becoming one of my favourite albums. So amazing. That's the album that introduced me to Bonobo. You never forget your first time :') Bonobo was so gentle.

Also, Morning all, what's everyone's plans for the weekend? I've discovered that there is a propper Karaoke bar here in Nottingham, with little rooms you can rent for everyone. I don't know whether it is because I'm getting older but the idea of drunk Karaoke is appealing to me more and more so a few people might be checking it out.

Where is this karaoke bar?!

PS TV is such a disaster. I'd love to be able to play the MGS collection on it, along with Persona 4 and Tearaway. But waddyaknow, only P4G works on it.

Reknoc

Where is this karaoke bar?!

PS TV is such a disaster. I'd love to be able to play the MGS collection on it, along with Persona 4 and Tearaway. But waddyaknow, only P4G works on it.

Huntingdon St. I think I remember seeing it when I had to go to the city hospital a while back. Think it has a huge ass banner ad on the side of a restaurant in Beeston as well.

Edit: rip watching princess kaguya the cinema seats are insanely comfortable. I should have done this tomorrow or Sunday instead of a day where I had to get up early, might end up falling asleep.

Top Bottom