• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Volotaire

Some warning for people who want to attend the main EGX event this year.

They put up tickets for EGX (the large one) on February 11th and I didn't even realise. Last year they put the tickets on sale in late March/early April IIRC.

I only managed to get a Virgin discounted ticket for Thursday given they were the only ones left. Shame I will have to pay full price for another day on the weekend. Even the early bird tickets for the weekend are sold out!

Given Zelda should be releasing this year, and hopefully Nintendo will debut NX at E3 with a Q4 2016/Q1 2017 release, I really want to go to this year's EGX more than ever.

I'd also love to try PSVR/HTC VIVE. I missed out on the opportunity to try it last year and I can't go to EGX Rezzed this year.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
It's real fun
if you get it on PC hit me up for some co-op

I caved because I'm a weak willed individual with no self control. 2 hours after I bought the Star Wars humble bundle too...

Anyway, I'm Cindres on UPlay too, think I should get some time on the evenings this week.

Jordan

I remember the old countless nights of playing The Last of Us multiplayer. I dread to think the amount of alcohol I consumed during all of this but was a lot of fun at the time. Shame games like that don't hold up for long.

Is anyone playing the division?
I'm lv 6, but is really really boring to play alone or with randoms.

Another random stuff about living in London:
Does anyone know a good service to find a place/room?
I'm currently renting a room in W9, but I'm planning to move to the SW to be close to my work, maybe Lambeth north or something like that.
A friend recommend me flatland (http://www.flatland-london.com/), but they charge you £60 for 3 months to let you see their listing, which in the webpage seems really good, but I don't know if it's real, some places seems to cheap to be true. I already known webs as spareroom, movebubble, and easyroomate, etc.

8bit

Knows the Score
Right click on gif>Copy web address
Post reply>Click post image(
insertimage.gif
)>Paste address of image.

You should then see your image file wrapped in IMG tags, then click post.

l41lUjUgLLwWrz20w.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
So. Post Pop Depression. What do we think?

I can't stop listening to Humbug by the Arctic Monkeys. Matt Helders is my new favourite.

Also DrukQs is the best Aphex album. No ifs no buts.

8bit

Knows the Score
DrukQs is too long. Haven't listened to Post Punk Depression yet, been hankering for Spacemen 3 recently for some reason.

NinjaBoiX

Haven't listened to Post Pop Depression yet but it's an Iggy Pop, Arctic Monkeys, Dead Weather and QOTSA supergroup, it's unlikely to be garbage!

Not even really a massive fan of Aphex Twin to be honest, he's too scattershot and abrasive. I love his ambient stuff though, Selected Ambient Works 85-92 is gorgeous. And Flim remains one of my favourite tracks of all time.

And yes, Matt Helders is indeed a fucking dude.

Edit: here's an amusing gif to top off my post:

DMw1whL.gif

(steady on Cy)

8bit

Knows the Score
Post POP depression. :p

It may be long, but nothing beats

"Xbox! Play Jynweythek Ylow"

Iggy Punk.

Didya get Kinect for the 1? It was such a miserable experience on the 360 that I wasn't really willing to repeat it. Experience in programming voice recognition in my past has meant that I usually end up affecting some bizarre accent when talking to tech though. I get a bit Connery with them, ecshssbochsss.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Iggy Punk.

Didya get Kinect for the 1? It was such a miserable experience on the 360 that I wasn't really willing to repeat it. Experience in programming voice recognition in my past has meant that I usually end up affecting some bizarre accent when talking to tech though. I get a bit Connery with them, ecshssbochsss.

Haha! I sound like I'm telling off a child when I speak to it - yep I got it. Largely to be able to Skype my parents (for which it is unequivocally marvellous). It's good tbh, although my parents struggle with the voice recognition I seem to get on pretty well with it. My TV signal runs through the Bone with the fancy guide thing and its also hooked up to my sound system (which is really just an amp, a PS1 as a CD player, some bookshelf speakers and a record player), so the Kinect makes it feel very futuristic.

The game DVR features come into their own with the Kinect - Xbox record that is pretty much my go to.

Using the damn thing I actually think MS had a pretty interesting initial concept. Maybe their mistake was thinking it could become a mainstream thing rather than a whizzy luxury media box - as well as making the game tech inside a little bit underpowered by comparison to Pee Ess Four. Oh and the fucking UI. The fucking UI. You can do so much with the damn thing. If you know how to use the fucking UI. Did I mention the fucking UI?

NinjaBoiX

I'm really not feeling Post Pop Depression to be honest, it's kind of dull and meandering. It often sounds a bit cheesy too, Break Into Your Heart is absolutely awful.

I'll give it a bit more of a chance but it's not exactly grabbing me around the throat like the line-up would suggest.

Disappoint.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I'm really not feeling Post Pop Depression to be honest, it's kind of dull and meandering. It often sounds a bit cheesy too, Break Into Your Heart is absolutely awful.

I'll give it a bit more of a chance but it's not exactly grabbing me around the throat like the line-up would suggest.

Disappoint.

Completely the opposite reaction here, although it did take me a few listens.

It's all killer, no filler imo. Break into your Heart is amazing! Try Paraguay or German Days. It's sort of like the Idiot crossed with Like Clockwork.

NinjaBoiX

Jessica Nigri's YouTube videos bring me genuine joy. Yeah, "that blonde cosplay girl with the rack" and shit but I honestly find her videoes really amusing, especially since she started doing stuff with her fella.

Observe

I dunno mane, maybe it's a subjective appeal but I find their mutually self-depricating banter infectious, I think it's really funny and kind of adorable. Bless 'em.

Been a while since I dapdated this thread with my movements and musings.

I got back from San Francisco on Friday. I'd been there for two weeks visiting my brother who has just become a father, making me an uncle. You may call me Uncle Daps. I've learned a few things from the experience.

First of all, it's really awkward listening to a girl you've met twice grunting and crying from the pain of labour on and off for like 50 hours. I was like "wow this book is great, I can't believe I've been stuck on this page for 10 minutes, would it be inappropriate for me to go to the pub again?"

Second, holding a baby is scary, and this thing about babies smelling good is bullshit. I did get to hold my niece a few times though and got the hang of it towards the end. I even managed to calm her crying by bouncing her a little with a touch of my famous hip wiggling action.

Third, San Francisco is packed with god damned hippies. Including the family. By the end of the trip I was so sick of the sight of tie dye and the CND logo. Everyone was so sickeningly nice and peace-loving. As the family talked at me about GMO's and free range organic long grain rice and how everyone in the Bay Area is feeling the Bern, my mind drifted to a happy place with visions of marching columns and jackboots and I'd release a dreamy sigh.

Fourth, they do have great beer. All the bars have a great range of IPA's. Y-you could say I was in, hehe, hop heaven ohohoho.

Fifth, I really like Brasil 66. Currently listening to Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66 - A&M Records

Sixth, I really like Aquariums. They have a great one near SF that has Sea Otters and sharks and shit (not in the same tank).

Finally, California is a lot like southern Mediterranean countries. They are both warm, have palm trees, warm sun and cool breezes. Drivers will toot their horns for no discernible reason and the toilets are funny (nobody flushes because of the drought apparently).

At this point Unclehood is kind of by the by. My niece doesn't do much right except eat sleep and shit herself. I look forward to being the Cool Uncle that teaches her swear words and gives better presents for birthdays.

So concludes my dapdate.

EDIT

Oh I almost forgot, I still fucking hate that Italian I live with.

Hi BritGAF!

Well I'm British and I'm applying for University for this year

Got my offers at Liverpool and Kent (based in Canterbury)

And I was wondering if any of you have had experienced in any of those two cities, what did you think of your time there and how the city felt for you but also how is it like for a student?

The courses in both uni's are really good so now it's about the location

I live in Surrey btw so Canterbury is closer while Liverpool will be up north (4 hours)

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Hi BritGAF!

And I was wondering if any of you have had experienced in any of those two cities, what did you think of your time there and how the city felt for you but also how is it like for a student?

I live in Surrey btw so Canterbury is closer while Liverpool will be up north (4 hours)

Canterbury is basically bookshops and pubs. Oh, and a wall. Very nice, student oriented town. Liverpool has a much more eclectic and heady nightlife, plus the prostitutes sounds way dirtier. I wouldn't go there if you have a car and value your hubcaps, though.

Where do you hail friend?

Around Ascot area, it's where the racecourse is

Canterbury is basically bookshops and pubs. Oh, and a wall. Very nice, student oriented town. Liverpool has a much more eclectic and heady nightlife, plus the prostitutes sounds way dirtier. I wouldn't go there if you have a car and value your hubcaps, though.

If I were going to Liverpool I wouldn't bring my car with me because I'm not allowed a car in the first year lol. From what I've heard Canterbury seems to be a bit of a dull place? Especially compared to the bigger city of Liverpool.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
If I were going to Liverpool I wouldn't bring my car with me because I'm not allowed a car in the first year lol. From what I've heard Canterbury seems to be a bit of a dull place? Especially compared to the bigger city of Liverpool.

I notice you didn't mention the prostitutes. :D

It has a night life, yeah, but its absolutely incomparable to Liverpool's, as you'd imagine. I've only been to Liverpool a handful of times and, aside from the many vicious beatings, I had a splendid time. Not sure I could live there though, not after the things I've done.

I'm joking about the beatings btw.

I notice you didn't mention the prostitutes. :D

It has a night life, yeah, but its absolutely incomparable to Liverpool's, as you'd imagine. I've only been to Liverpool a handful of times and, aside from the many vicious beatings, I had a splendid time. Not sure I could live there though, not after the things I've done.

I'm joking about the beatings btw.

LMAO, I saw you said 'beatings' amd straight away I went

yNen4e9.gif

Think I'm leaning more towards Liverpool... GAH so exciting! A new life in the big city :O

The things you've done must've been pretty rough though ;)

Cheers for the help though :D

Liverpool's nightlife is also >>>>>>

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
LMAO, I saw you said 'beatings' amd straight away I went

yNen4e9.gif

Think I'm leaning more towards Liverpool... GAH so exciting! A new life in the big city :O

The things you've done must've been pretty rough though ;)

Cheers for the help though :D

Liverpool's nightlife is also >>>>>>

No worries. You're going to have the time of life.

If you survive the beatings.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Canterbury is a way better place than Liverpool. Primarily, because it has very few Liverpudlians. It also has a lovely, traditional feel to it. Love it a lot.

But Liverpool is a far better student city.

Hi BritGAF!

The LIV easily.
Make sure to get second year digs in Toxteth. It's fucking ace round there lad.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Humbug by the Arctic Monkeys is great. Really great. I've listened on and off since it came out and I'm finally ready to accept it.

Josh Homme effect in effect. Both him and Alex Turner are obscenely sexy.

I also like a couple of Royal Blood songs. Is it over? Am I middle aged now?

Violet_0

Banned
hey there, I got a quick question for you, BritGAF - has anyone here ever been to the Stonehenge Summer Solstice? I was wondering what you thought of it. Those special access tickets are sort of pricey

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Blog post time! Spoilers for folks that just want me to like shut up already

Single life is...ok so far. Had a few dates with various humans and have had bits of fun. Have made some really good friends and I'm having fairly regular dates so that's nice. I tried Grindr and got a fuckton of attention but I realised I'm not really about fuck and run. Got a date tomorrow, seems pretty promising, so wish me luck if you're inclined.

I'm lawyering like a bitch bastard and am super super busy at work, which is nice.

Still feel insecure and anxious a lot but am learning to manage it a bit better. Regular therapy is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Well great big fat queer and wide, but ya get me.

The band is going well. Our singer is legit actual Portland Oregon and she's actual legit friends with Beth Ditto and Kathleen Hanna. Bizarre. Small scene over there before they get yuge.

I've lost a shit ton of weight and have gone from a size 14 to a size 10 or 12. From about 10 st ish to about 8 st ish. I feel better for it, but I am finding it tricky to put on a bit more weight. It seems to just be my weight at the moment.

I performed some of my writings at an open mic and went down a treat, basically ranting about Caitlyn Jenner to a crowd of queer communists is an open goal I think.

Quit smoking tobacco for the most part.

Am preferring the Xbone to the Piss4 at the mo, but it's probably because new toy and there's a good bunch of exclusives. I think that aside from Bloodborne, the Xbo has the exclusives licked. Titanfall is still my go to MP game although it didn't carry over my 360 progress sadly. And having Ikaruga fucking rocks. More Sega and shoot em ups pls. Giving Halo another go, figure if I can churn through the repetitive bits of the first one, there's gold at the end of that rainbow. Probably gonna try Gears at some point. Oh, and Sunset Overdrive >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infamous. I think that MICRO$OFT need to announce some more unique games stat though. I've preordered the PSVR because Rez. I fucking cannot wait for that.

Tempted by Dark Souls 3, but it's Doom and No Man's Sky that I really want. I was hyped for the Witness but it's not my jam.

And I'm having fajitas tonight while listening to Red Fang. Tomorrow Batman v Superman with a bud and then this date that I'm quietly hopeful for. Not that I'll tell him, of course.

Oh, and I have a proper sound system now and run the Xbo through it, so I get big loud proper speaker games, TV and films from the all in one entertainment device (TM). Still can't fucking find anything in the menus, like.

Top Bottom