• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Glad to hear it, Sploat! Except about the PS4. You can totally go fuck yourself.

Ahem.

That's VERY good. Kind of like The Fall.

Did a gig with Future of the Left a long arse time ago. Well good.

I still play the ps4, sir, I will have you know! Just waiting for the next wave of games on the noisy bastard.

Sploat I'm so happy to hear that things are going well :) Good luck for the date! Would love to catch up in person soon

Thanks! Totally, got a spare room here, you're always welcome :)

Daffy Duck

Thanks, that's what I went with in the end to be safe.

It does look legit and everything and some checks online indicate it is but I wasn't sure.

8bit

Knows the Score
Yeah, just use 7zip. It handles most archive formats.

WinRar is nagware.

1334962946.or.91385.jpg

Blue Lou

Politics related: https://www.byline.com/column/51/article/950

On one hand, it'd appear that newspapers don't want to publish the story. On the other, I, a potential newspaper buyer don't care or find it interesting. They're grown adults, they can do what they like together.

I'm currently reading Jon Ronson's So You've Publicly Shamed and there's a chapter on Max Mosley and his sexual preferences that were published in Daily Mail. Ronson came to the conclusion that people simply didn't care about it for any substantial stigma to stick.

Can anyone recommend a late close swimming pool in central London that doesn't require a membership and doesn't cost £5+ for a visit? I live in Kennington so anywhere central and south is good. I really hate this Better scheme with local authorities.

NinjaBoiX

I think that's nonsense. Most of my gay friends (intentionally or not) make it incredibly obvious that they're gay, especially the guys.

Subtlety isn't often their strong suit.

Guys, how much are you paying for your student loans? What's the deduction like? I'm paying £115 a month and I earn just under 30k, and I want to know whether this is normal. I was paying half that when I was earning 26k. The % increase does not make sense.

spuckthew

I can't remember exactly how it works, but it does depend on what type of loan you have. I'll assume, since you're earning that wage, that your loans were all taken out pre-2012, which means you're on Plan 1. I guess it might also depend on how many loans you have?

You should log into SLC and find out - that's where you'll know for sure.

I'm on £28K and pay about £80.

Danj

Guys, how much are you paying for your student loans? What's the deduction like? I'm paying £115 a month and I earn just under 30k, and I want to know whether this is normal. I was paying half that when I was earning 26k. The % increase does not make sense.

I don't earn enough to be over the minimum threshold at which you have to start paying them back, so I'm not paying anything :D

That said, it says I have to be earning at least £28828 before tax and that my repayments would have been £145.28 a month.

You want arguments? Oh I can help there.

I'd like to ask everybody some questions. You might think, oh, he did that in the OP, with those stupid questions. Surely he hasn't got more?

But he does. He's like a twisted version of Miitomo.

So, feel free to pick and choose which you answer, but to throw a six to start something a bit different...

QUESTION TIME 2: ANSWER HARDER
  • Best Muppet/Seseme Street character?
  • Can you do any impressions? Or more accurately, which impressions do you attempt, even if you can't do them?
  • Which country would you like to visit?
  • Summarise your feelings on the Channel 4 series 'Sex Box', recently returning to screens, presented by are-you-sure-he's-not-made-of-plastic Steve Jones.
  • You're hosting a fancy dress party. What's your theme and what's your costume?
  • What do you think of people who travel first class on trains?
  • Some pubs have board games or card games in them now. This might be a trendy thing. What games would be good to play in a pub environment?
  • Doncaster. Explain why?

Volotaire

I'd like to ask everybody some questions. You might think, oh, he did that in the OP, with those stupid questions. Surely he hasn't got more?

So, feel free to pick and choose which you answer, but to throw a six to start something a bit different...

• Can you do any impressions? Or more accurately, which impressions do you attempt, even if you can't do them?
  • Summarise your feelings on the Channel 4 series 'Sex Box', recently returning to screens, presented by are-you-sure-he's-not-made-of-plastic Steve Jones.
  • You're hosting a fancy dress party. What's your theme and what's your costume?
  • Some pubs have board games or card games in them now. This might be a trendy thing. What games would be good to play in a pub environment?

1) Cookie Monster. He likes cookies and I like cookies.
2) No, I have attempted a Scottish, Irish and various accents.
3) Good question. Something extreme, Iceland/Greenland or Morocco. I really enjoyed visiting Venice last year so more 'island like' experiences too.
4) Never watched it + don't now what it is.
5) Ash Ketchum, I want to be the very best. And my party.
6) I think they are usually full of people who need to economise on time because they are busy in the business or political world. I would love to overhear some conversations of a MP or two.
7) Darts.
8) Doncaster? Reminds me of Milton Keynes because they are both terrible.
I've never been to Doncaster.

Also, Miitomo is cool.

Symphonia

Banned
- Oscar The Grouch.
- I can do a mean Chris Tarrant.
- Spain.
- It's back?
- Game Of Thrones. The Hound.
- I travel first class.
- Twister.
- Fuck knows.

Qasiel

- Swedish Chef
- My "Christopher Walken" had people in stitches, so I suppose I've always got that one in the bag
- Switzerland
- Not seen it. Anything like Eurotrash?
- "Batman Through The Years". My costume's probably Adam West Surfer Batman.
- Are we talking commuters or people who fancy treating themselves now and then? The latter is fine with me for some reason but if I commuted there's no way I'd pay for first class. Southeastern are a joke of a train company!
- Me and the Mrs. regularly play Magic: The Gathering in pubs. just bought Boss Monster which is fucking quality and could see us taking it to a pub soon
- Sounds like a job title for a phallic wizard

- Animal.
- I don't just do an impression of Richie from Bottom, I am Richie from Bottom
- Quite a few actually, but top of the list is Japan
- Never heard of it, but Steve Jones is pretty hot
- Already done Star Wars (I was slave Leia) Game of Thrones (Daenerys) and a pirate party (pirate) so I think next would be Arrow/Flash and I would be Felicity's Mom. (I was gonna write something else but realised it would spoil for those who are behind. You're welcome)
- I sometimes travel first class. They're all cunts.
- Loading in Stratford is ace for this. Anything is good
- Never been

NinjaBoiX

- Oscar The Grouch
- I do a mean Comic Store Guy from The Simpsons
- Thailand
- Blissful ignorance/indifference
- I don't do fancy dress but if I was forced I guess maybe Tarantino themed, I'd be Nice Guy Eddie
- *shrugs*
- I don't really play board games either so I dunno, Snakes and Ladders?
- I don't understand the question

moi_pitaa_menna_11.gif

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
  1. Warburton's Giant Crumpet
  2. I can say "I say I say I say" like Fred from Coronation Street
  3. Probably the States, if they can guarantee I won't be shot
  4. Is that a morbid spinoff of Gogglebox. I don't think I fancy seeing some of those couples doing the dirty
  5. Fictional idol party. I'd be Home Haruka
  6. They still have first class on trains?
  7. Mouse Trap
  8. It's like how monitors sometimes get a dead pixel

Yo, now where are my coins?

Mfbk85s.jpg

Pepe the Prawn, okay? Watch his interview with Quentin Tarantino

I also do a mean Christopher Waaaalken. To be honest I can do lots of impressions but struggle with Scandinavian accents.

I would like to visit South Korea aka Worst Korea

I haven't seen it, but it sounds degenerate as fuck.

The theme is History and I'm dressed as Louis XIV

Anyone who pays for a first class ticket on a train journey that lasts less than an hour is surely part of the Reptilian Elite.

A good pub game would be Operation, provided there are severe penalties for setting off the buzzer.

Because stratospheric condensers.

So to pick up on a couple of these points, will probably do a few more later...

4) Never watched it + don't now what it is.

- Not seen it. Anything like Eurotrash?

It's a show, where, couples go in to a box in the studio and have sex. They then come out of the box (so to speak) and discuss the sex they just had with Steve Jones and I think a German woman in front of an audience. You don't get to watch the sex, but someone from the production team is listening in for "health and safety reasons".

It's a weird show. Very Channel 4.

Now the first class thing...

6) I think they are usually full of people who need to economise on time because they are busy in the business or political world. I would love to overhear some conversations of a MP or two.
- Are we talking commuters or people who fancy treating themselves now and then? The latter is fine with me for some reason but if I commuted there's no way I'd pay for first class. Southeastern are a joke of a train company!

- I sometimes travel first class. They're all cunts.

Anyone who pays for a first class ticket on a train journey that lasts less than an hour is surely part of the Reptilian Elite.

A good theory dapper. Very good theory.

Now to explain that question... the first class thing is the source of the second most debates between me and the missus (who I need a better way of referring to, because Mrs Ex gives the wrong idea).

I get it for most work trips - which are usually 2 hours each way, in to London, so paying for good seat + wifi + endless tea + biscuits + table is a combination I find so worthwhile. Don't ever do it personally as it's too expensive.

Her hatred comes from that all trains are shit and we should suffer together, doesn't like the idea that basic level of comfort is a paid extra. And quite an extra. It should be decent for everyone. She feels very strongly about this.

But my favourite time of going first class was when I got drunk in London at an awards do, had to run to get the train as I almost missed it. So I was a bit drunk and sweaty. All the poshos hated me and had looks like "why are you hereeee" AHA no I have my ticket, fuck you all.

Oh! And another time I had an entire carriage to myself. Luxury.

The first biggest source of arguments is how to eat pancakes. Apparently I'm a heathen for rolling them.

Top Bottom