• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT6| Dark Souls? More like Arse Holes

Symphonia

Banned
A bit random but I have just started using a credit card, anything I need to watch out for? I know to pay it off within the month but are there any weird issues that have caught people out before?

Mostly doing it as it has 0 fees abroad and heading away for a bit so I'll be sensible and only buy what I can afford
What's the interest rate on it?

SKINNER!

Banned
Ooooohhh me me me! Let me check out tickets and I'll confirm for sure. You wanna crash at mine?

I'm visiting an old school friend during the day and will ask if I can crash at his during the eve. Thing is, he might be away to see his parents that evening so if I can't stay at his will that be cool if I crash at yours? :)

Already took that day off from work. Just need to sort out flights and I'm good to goooo :D Cannot wait!

What's the interest rate on it?

It's the Halifax clarity card which is supposed to allow for free purchases abroad and have a decent exchange rate

The interest rate is 18.9 % rep apr but I absolutely intend to repay in full well before the payment date so hopefully won't ever deal with interest

I get paid while abroad and and get home well before the credit card payment date so plan to just pay off my spendings as soon as I'm back

NinjaBoiX

Saw these guys at The Deaf Institute last night, so so good. Highlight was probably when this went off, the jam out at the end was mental:

The Joy Formidable - Whirring

We stood right at the front, mint view, Ritzy is just too cool for school:

znMn59e.jpg

r4UMBCq.jpg

Top fucking banana!

I'm visiting an old school friend during the day and will ask if I can crash at his during the eve. Thing is, he might be away to see his parents that evening so if I can't stay at his will that be cool if I crash at yours? :)

Already took that day off from work. Just need to sort out flights and I'm good to goooo :D Cannot wait!

Yeah of course mate, no problem!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Look right theres this game right called Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours and its like the kind of games that used to come out of Japan when things were more innocent and not senran kagura ick and in it you shoot robotic fish to an "avant-garde" jazz soundtrack with songs with lyrics with lyrics and I just beat a boss called Lightning Flamberge Lightning Flamberge! Tell me what is better than this in your lives I can answer this question for you NOTHING

NinjaBoiX

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is wanky, pretentious, arty bullshit.

It takes far far long to go precisely fucking nowhere.

It's also an embarrassing technical travesty.

The music is nice though.

Mikeside

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is wanky, pretentious, arty bullshit.

It takes far far long to go precisely fucking nowhere.

It's also an embarrassing technical travesty.

The music is nice though.

the bolded are true

It's a great game that really nails the atmosphere it's going for & feels utterly British in every way which is nice too.

The walk speed stops it from being fun to play, but it's a great game aside from that.
I really hope the developers go back and patch a run button into it, because that really is the only problem.

Why would you explore the world when they punish you for meandering?

NinjaBoiX

By "it takes far too long to go nowhere" I was really talking about the narrative, it just goes round and round in circles without building on its initial premise, it's just a load of small town squabbles and lover's tiffs. I was hoping for a juicy twist in the tail or something but it just kind of peters out.

But yeah, the walking speed is a joke too, what were they thinking? I was literally drumming my thumb on the right stick by the end, infuriating.

I enjoyed it for about an hour until it started feeling like an apocalyptic episode of The Archers.

Mikeside

By "it takes far too long to go nowhere" I was really talking about the narrative, it just goes round and round in circles without building on its initial premise, it's just a load of small town squabbles and lover's tiffs. I was hoping for a juicy twist in the tail or something but it just kind of peters out.

But yeah, the walking speed is a joke too, what were they thinking? I was literally drumming my thumb on the right stick by the end, infuriating.

I enjoyed it for about an hour until it started feeling like an apocalyptic episode of The Archers.

That's exactly what I loved about it

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Music was amazing and some of the story arcs were moving but afterwards I felt very shruggy about it. The music though. Amazing.

Symphonia

Banned
Music was amazing and some of the story arcs were moving but afterwards I felt very shruggy about it. The music though. Amazing.
The stories, whilst very moving, did drag on for just a smidge too long. The voice acting was brilliant, though. Other than that, and the sluggish walking, the game was practically perfect.

I feel like Rapture would have been a brilliant game if it was literally just wandering from house to house finding out about peoples affairs and shit and just piecing together a snapshot of village life, that was my favourite bit of the game.

Being led through the game by trailing those lights to play through the "story" was crap though, as the main story was pretty dull, and I always felt it made the exploration suffer having this specific path to follow because going off it took so long.

Symphonia

Banned
have you guys played firewatch? seems a much more enjoyable 'walking game'. i loved it.
Just completed that game the other night. It definitely is one of the more entertaining 'walking simulators' with quite an emotional and compelling storyline. The only flaw I found with it was what I consider to be a rather lackluster ending. Some people liked it, though. It's definitely worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfPppsSOpMEqKaa9fphM3TrWsY-c8xoIE

Just completed that game the other night. It definitely is one of the more entertaining 'walking simulators' with quite an emotional and compelling storyline. The only flaw I found with it was what I consider to be a rather lackluster ending. Some people liked it, though. It's definitely worth checking out.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfPppsSOpMEqKaa9fphM3TrWsY-c8xoIE

i wanted something a bit punchier from the narrative but very much enjoyed the experience.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'm gonna treat this thread like Facebook and 'Dad' out for a second:

I asked Evy (2 year old) who her best friend was. She said: "Mummy". I was a little disappointed but not really surprised, her Mum's awesome. I asked Evy if I was at least one of her best friends. She said "No". Carried on swigging her bottle. I then asked her what do I have to do to be considered one of your best friends. Do you know what that little bitch said to me?

"Get on your knees."

NinjaBoiX

I'm gonna treat this thread like Facebook and 'Dad' out for a second:

I asked Evy (2 year old) who her best friend was. She said: "Mummy". I was a little disappointed but not really surprised, her Mum's awesome. I asked Evy if I was at least one of her best friends. She said "No". Carried on swigging her bottle. I then asked her what do I have to do to be considered one of your best friends. Do you know what that little bitch said to me?

"Get on your knees."
uJSTOqF.jpg

Anybody here who watches let's plays on YouTube rather than actually play. Dont get me wrong I do enjoy my gaming but dont really get to much time. So I app up YouTube and volia..
I mentioned as Firewatch has been discussed abs my fave youtuber Metal Canyon has done a run though. Might give it a watch after have finished his Xcom 2 series.

Blue Lou

The BBC Radio adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere that was originally broadcast in 2013 is again available to download (via the BBC iPlayer app) and listen to at the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r522y

It expires in on 28 March.

Cast:
  • Richard Mayhew - James McAvoy
  • Door - Natalie Dormer
  • The Marquis de Carabas - David Harewood
  • Hunter - Sophie Okonedo
  • The Angel Islington - Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Mr. Croup - Anthony Head
  • Mr. Vandemar - David Schofield
  • Old Bailey - Bernard Cribbins
  • Lamia - Lucy Cohu
  • The Abbott - George Harris
  • The Earl - Sir Christopher Lee
  • Jessica - Romola Garai
  • Figgis/The Fop With No Name - Neil Gaiman

NinjaBoiX

Funny thing about that picture? Evy has given me that look before.
Haha!

(Watch your back Sha...)
Anybody here who watches let's plays on YouTube rather than actually play. Dont get me wrong I do enjoy my gaming but dont really get to much time. So I app up YouTube and volia..
I mentioned as Firewatch has been discussed abs my fave youtuber Metal Canyon has done a run though. Might give it a watch after have finished his Xcom 2 series.
Yeah, I watch Let's Plays, I really like EpicNameBro and Kay. Kay's videos are so relaxing with her dulcet tones and chilled style and ENB just seems like a top dude, great Souls videos.

The BBC Radio adaptation of Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere that was originally broadcast in 2013 is again available to download (via the BBC iPlayer app) and listen to at the BBC website.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01r522y

It expires in on 28 March.

Cast:
  • Richard Mayhew - James McAvoy
  • Door - Natalie Dormer
  • The Marquis de Carabas - David Harewood
  • Hunter - Sophie Okonedo
  • The Angel Islington - Benedict Cumberbatch
  • Mr. Croup - Anthony Head
  • Mr. Vandemar - David Schofield
  • Old Bailey - Bernard Cribbins
  • Lamia - Lucy Cohu
  • The Abbott - George Harris
  • The Earl - Sir Christopher Lee
  • Jessica - Romola Garai
  • Figgis/The Fop With No Name - Neil Gaiman

First time this came out I was actually in the middle of reading Neverwhere and didn't want to spoil it so I never got around to listening to it. Then I forgot about it, so thanks for sharing this!

8bit

Knows the Score

No! I didn't! I'm waiting on Superhot for Xbox though so will revisit this later.

Look right theres this game right called Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours and its like the kind of games that used to come out of Japan when things were more innocent and not senran kagura ick and in it you shoot robotic fish to an "avant-garde" jazz soundtrack with songs with lyrics with lyrics and I just beat a boss called Lightning Flamberge Lightning Flamberge! Tell me what is better than this in your lives I can answer this question for you NOTHING

Thanks for the Dariusburst heads up, it was 16 quid for Vita so with that and Puyo Puyo Tetris I'm in Vita heaven these days.

NinjaBoiX

New shit from one of my favourite bands:

The Kills - Doing It To Death

A bit more electro then their usual stuff but still vibing off it. I dunno, it just feels like they're losing some more of their bite with every successive record, especially after the snarling vitriol, sandpaper production and nonchalant swagger of Keep On Your Mean Side, what a fucking debut that was.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
No! I didn't! I'm waiting on Superhot for Xbox though so will revisit this later.

Thanks for the Dariusburst heads up, it was 16 quid for Vita so with that and Puyo Puyo Tetris I'm in Vita heaven these days.

Is no probs. Game is HUGE.

Apparently if you use the coupon SUN100 you get a free ticket to pcgamer weekender for Sunday, but when I'm on the last page of checkout it says "Your basket is empty.". I guess because of the price being £0.

http://weekender.pcgamer.com/booking-new

Edit:

Well, they fixed it, so I got my ticket, If anyone wants to go with a fellow gaffer on Sunday send me a PM =D.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
edit: actually, as a bit of a follow-up, let's think about attitudes in here.

'Clique' stuff happened and people like Jackben and Chinner had a good old whinge about it "waah, the thread isn't what I want it to be"

Too bad, make your own thread if you want it so bad.

But actually, we migrated the supposedly cliquey stuff to Whatsapp to ease the tension with those people so they would stop bitching.

Did that help? Fuck no it didn't, because then people just whinged that it got worse in here because the thread was dead. Without the 'clique' posting, there was no atmosphere, and barely any posts.
I'm legally obligated to post when name-dropped after 9 months of not making an appearance. The best and only reason to mention the clique is because it wound you up, and apparently still does. I disagree what your revisionist history, let's talk it out sometime.

Mikeside

I'm legally obligated to post when name-dropped after 9 months of not making an appearance. The best and only reason to mention the clique is because it wound you up, and apparently still does. I disagree what your revisionist history, let's talk it out sometime.

Oh come on, I'm such easy game. There can't be any real joy in winding me up.

8bit

Knows the Score
That and a bunch of regular folk got banned. I had to bail on whatsapp as it was killing my phone at the time. Hope you're all having fun though!

SKINNER!

Banned
actually that's not true, new people were a bit part of britgaf and it was consistently quite fresh, despite bitching by a few who didn't feel like they were included enough (largely because they weren't engaging as much.)

You probably have it against a lot of the "clique" because people decided they didn't like you after roundabout-gate, stealing money from SmokeyDave, fucking over the secret santa by not sending your gift etc etc etc.

I've no idea what Chinner's problem is, but I largely think he's just in it for the lols, which is fine.

edit: actually, as a bit of a follow-up, let's think about attitudes in here.

'Clique' stuff happened and people like Jackben and Chinner had a good old whinge about it "waah, the thread isn't what I want it to be"

Too bad, make your own thread if you want it so bad.

But actually, we migrated the supposedly cliquey stuff to Whatsapp to ease the tension with those people so they would stop bitching.

Did that help? Fuck no it didn't, because then people just whinged that it got worse in here because the thread was dead. Without the 'clique' posting, there was no atmosphere, and barely any posts.

Ayyyyy-MEN! preach brotha! preach!

Is anyone going to pc gamer weekender? http://weekender.pcgamer.com/

I thought about it but it looks really expensive for what they offer, and a little boring.

Yes, me and my friend. For Sunday. Just to play Dark Souls 3. And me, I want to play Jalopy (originally called Hac, it's a roadtrip videogame set during the fall of the Eastern bloc), Riot Civil Unrest, and Homefront Revolution (want to give the Timesplitters guys the benefit of the doubt). Who knows, I might actually play a strategy game or two.

Yes, me and my friend. For Sunday. Just to play Dark Souls 3. And me, I want to play Jalopy (originally called Hac, it's a roadtrip videogame set during the fall of the Eastern bloc), Riot Civil Unrest, and Homefront Revolution (want to give the Timesplitters guys the benefit of the doubt). Who knows, I might actually play a strategy game or two.

Oh, nice, I want to try the Vive over the other things, but I will give a try to dark souls is there isn't a large queue.

There is some kind of live streaming from 1PM : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLwPMFrAbP0 if anyone is curious.

Thanks for that link! Some good stuff on there to check out for tomorrow when I head out.

Well, totally disappointed, my primary goal was to try the Vive, and it was all book (I arrived 11:30am).
Apart from that it was ok, I watched one hardware workshop, and one vg talk , and try a few games, but nothing new, I think I get bummed because of the vive thing and that ruined it for me.

Top Bottom