• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

darkpaladinmfc said:
I HATE the black bars on my 16:10 monitor :(.

Same. I have it set to 1440x900 and was convinced something was wrong, haha. Guess it does give it a more cinematic feel, but with games I'm not super anal about getting the "full picture". At least give us the option to cut it off, if we want.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
WrikaWrek said:
Well that i understand. Having black bars on a wide screen monitor sucks. But on mine, it's a bliss, i wish more games were like this.
You can force it if you have the right inputs on your monitor. I prefer 16:9 (higher FOV) as well and prior to getting a TV for my PC, I had a 16:10 monitor that I played games at 1920x1080 with the black bars on.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Stallion Free said:
You can force it if you have the right inputs on your monitor. I prefer 16:9 (higher FOV) as well and prior to getting a TV for my PC, I had a 16:10 monitor that I played games at 1920x1080 with the black bars on.

How do i force it?

Kingpen

backflip10019 said:
Echoes I know you can play offline. I haven't connected mine to XBL yet but I had the option to play Echoes last night. Not sure about Anarchy though -- I think that's online only.

So I can't start a private session in Anarchy offline to just try to tackle it solo? I have to be logged into XBOX LIVE?

SalsaShark said:
If you started this game hoping to find something similar to singularity or fuckin HALF-LIFE 2 you are doing it wrong.

How can anyone even compare that ? shooting mechanics ? it's basically the only thing these 3 games have in common: there's shooting.
They are all in first person and have guns they have to be the same!

WrikaWrek

Banned
Game is cool so far.

Looks, talks and breathes like a summer blockbuster. It kinda reminds me of Unreal 2 i don't know why.

-PXG-

Just beat the campaign. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course, it's set up for a sequel. I'll probably play through it again on Very Hard. Gonna play some MP now.

EDIT

WOW. One of the achievement icons is the
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU meme from 4Chan.

Tunavi

Banned
Dizzle24 said:
Anarchy is fun, but needs more communication between players; too much "I'm gonna kill everyone myself" going on.
At the higher wave levels, its literally impossible to pass the score goals without mics. I've never seen a game that needs this much communication before.
MoeB said:
Adding this to my most overrated games of 2011 list.
Joke post? Killzone 3 |OT| has 2300 posts, this has 862.
EDIT:
Neuromancer said:
Just so we're clear, the assault rifle always takes the top weapon slot right? I really wish I could put something else there, I find it the least entertaining weapon.
Correct. I felt the same way, but I started having fun with it once I leveled it up, shot in bursts (this one changed a lot), turned off auto-aim, and made sure I never got 10 point kills with it. I usually go for gag reflex/bullet kicks/bullet slides and headshots/rear entries plus double penetration for anarchy.

Just so we're clear, the assault rifle always takes the top weapon slot right? I really wish I could put something else there, I find it the least entertaining weapon.

Neuromancer said:
Agreed. I'm like 2 hours in and I'm kind of sick of it already. :/

Raxus

Neuromancer said:
It really is your every situation weapon. It's alt fire is great too if you can line up the shots.

Raxus said:
It really is your every situation weapon. It's alt fire is great too if you can line up the shots.
Yeah but in my opinion it takes away from the spirit of the game, to be saddled with it all the time.

If I had my druthers I'd go with the shotgun, the flailgun and the sniper rifle. I'd be pretty much covered for every situation.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Neuromancer said:
Yeah but in my opinion it takes away from the spirit of the game, to be saddled with it all the time.

If I had my druthers I'd go with the shotgun, the flailgun and the sniper rifle. I'd be pretty much covered for every situation.

The AR stuns, it's saved my ass countless times on hard, and it make leashing creepers easier when you nail their legs with it.

Spookie

Weenerz said:
How many acts is this game? I'm already on Act 4-1, and Steam says I've played for a little over 2 hours.

Seven

PS: RPS said to play it on a harder difficulty if you are on the PC as it's balanced towards consoles (their words not mine).

Alienshogun said:
The AR stuns, it's saved my ass countless times on hard, and it make leashing creepers easier when you nail their legs with it.
Perhaps. Look guys I'm not debating that the AR isn't a good weapon (I've used it and it's fine), I just wish it wasn't mandatory 100% of the time.

Spookie said:
Seven

PS: RPS said to play it on a harder difficulty if you are on the PC as it's balanced towards consoles (their words not mine).

Play it on a harder difficulty on consoles too. Even "Hard" mode is pretty easy. You can sit out in the open and experiment with killing pretty easily. You'll die, but you take a ton of damage and can survive if you're paying the slightest amount of attention. I survived one of those neck brace bombs when it exploded and triggered two red barrels right next to me...didn't even say "get to cover" after the explosion.

Neuromancer said:
Perhaps. Look guys I'm not debating that the AR isn't a good weapon (I've used it and it's fine), I just wish it wasn't mandatory 100% of the time.
I feel the same way about the leash.

Tawpgun

The people online without mics are absolutely TERRIBLE.

We need a GAF list by platform.

Tawpgun (XBL) is me. Add if you want to Anarchy mode.

Smision said:
Play it on a harder difficulty on consoles too. Even "Hard" mode is pretty easy. You can sit out in the open and experiment with killing pretty easily. You'll die, but you take a ton of damage and can survive if you're paying the slightest amount of attention. I survived one of those neck brace bombs when it exploded and triggered two red barrels right next to me...didn't even say "get to cover" after the explosion.

I've been playing on Normal and it's still pretty hard. I die probably at least once a chapter and in tougher spots, repeatedly.

sniffles

Banned
-PXG- said:
Just beat the campaign. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Of course, it's set up for a sequel. I'll probably play through it again on Very Hard. Gonna play some MP now.
tailor-made for a sequel, though i haven't finished. love the game but haven't found a good rhythm with killshots. xbl friends list is filling up with people playing this. good.

Tunavi said:
Joke post? Killzone 3 |OT| has 2300 posts, this has 862.
jacob, are you really going to bring your herp-derp console warz act here from the other forums? we're both new, don't we owe our hosts a little more respect than that?

wwm0nkey

9_4d6414bae17b9.jpg

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
practice02 said:
But the game is on a planet not in space.

Bah, who cares? The comic is a deep social commentary on the childishness of Bulletstorm, which is soo childish.

._.

Get it? Childish? Huh? How's that comedy working out for ya'll mr comicman?

Rainier

I'll probably end up and double dip on this down the road on PC once some tweaks and mods come out, playing on the 360 right now. Great graphics for a console, and I can see me not getting tired of this for a while. Surprisingly, I'm enjoying the writing of this game. I'm still shaking my head at the juvenile humor, but I'm laughing while doing so.

sniffles said:
jacob, are you really going to bring your herp-derp console warz act here from the other forums? we're both new, don't we owe our hosts a little more respect than that?
You used your first post here to call out another new member? Really?

Lunchbox said:
wheres the funny in that strip?
The punchline is delivered at crotch level, seems to be about right for the game.

Tawpgun

The multiplayer in this game suffers from the same thing L4D Versus does.

If your teammates don't have mics, they're useless.

Tunavi

Banned
sniffles said:
:|
I'm just saying that this game isn't overrated...
EDIT:
S1kkZ said:
but that not the fault of the game. but yeah: anarchy without frinds is useless (starting at wave 7)
last night I was playing with 3 randoms and there was a team challenge for tug-o-war. One of my teammates counted down from 3 to leash it, and all 4 of us leashed at the same time. I was very unexpected to see such good teamwork lol

I wish this game had a theater mode...

S1kkZ

A27 Tawpgun said:

but that not the fault of the game. but yeah: anarchy without frinds is useless (starting at wave 7)

Corky said:
Bah, who cares? The comic is a deep social commentary on the childishness of Bulletstorm, which is soo childish.

._.

Get it? Childish? Huh? How's that comedy working out for ya'll mr comicman?
scanners4.gif

outsida said:
This is the most FUN I've had with the single player campaign of a shooter in a very long time.

Me too. I had forgotten that games could be this good. If the quality holds up for the rest of the game, it's a pretty safe bet that this will be my favorite shooter of all time.

Teknoman

A27 Tawpgun said:

To this day, I still dont understand how some 360 users or even PC users for that matter dont have mics. PS3, I could sort of understand early on, since nothing was packed in.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Any PC performance tips? Still using a single 5870. Mostly 60 fps at 1080p + max details, but when too many transparencies show up, framerate dives. Triple buffering doesn't seem to work as it always drops from 60 fps to 30 fps regardless of whether I'm using d3doverrider.

Also, there are small hitches that occur now and then. Likely due to loading as I've seen them in all other UE3 games on the PC, but it's still annoying and I'm not sure how to eliminate it.

If I could just turn down transparency resolution or volume a bit, that would solve any drops as it's 60 fps the other 95% of the time.

Great game thus far (just started Act 2).

OK, I finally got it from Amazon today and it came with the code for all the online and extra bits (that are all on the disc, btw...hate this generation), but am wondering if anyone that's played the full game can answer if those 6 extra Echo levels are from areas in the game or are they stand-alone? I don't want to spoil anything by playing them prior to going through the whole campaign.

S1kkZ

Kinspiracy said:
OK, I finally got it from Amazon today and it came with the code for all the online and extra bits (that are all on the disc, btw...hate this generation), but am wondering if anyone that's played the full game can answer if those 6 extra Echo levels are from areas in the game or are they stand-alone? I don't want to spoil anything by playing them prior to going through the whole campaign.
all echo levels are taken from campaign.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Lunchbox said:
wheres the funny in that strip?
I chuckled. I thought the talking crotch was unnecessary though. Makes it less believable (if that makes any sense).

I'm thinking about picking this up for the Gears bonus. Does the online mode in Gears PC still have an active community?

Top Bottom