• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Played a little over a hour of this today, it's really fucking cool. Most of the dialogue is a riot, and the game is fast paced and lets you approach enemies in lots of different ways. And the first set piece is pretty mindblowing.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
anyone tried pad and mouse? I like the 'lean back' experience of a pad, but wondering whether a mouse makes some of the more accurate shots needed for the skill shots a little easier to obtain?

megamerican

This game is beautiful. The art design. lighting, and theme really remind me Enslaved with a stable framerate.

I actually feel refreshed having played an FPS with some unique ideas. Gives me some (cautious) hope for Duke.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I wish the hit detection in this was more accurate. I can crouch, jam my gun barrel into a dudes junk and fire and not get the nut shot. Next guy I go to shoot his legs to stumble him, hit his kneecap and bam nutshot.

So bloody inconsistent. Forget getting the blow the legs off challenge with the shotgun, it always counts as "topless". Urgh.

Salsa

Sinatar said:
I wish the hit detection in this was more accurate. I can crouch, jam my gun barrel into a dudes junk and fire and not get the nut shot. Next guy I go to shoot his legs to stumble him, hit his kneecap and bam nutshot.

So bloody inconsistent. Forget getting the blow the legs off challenge with the shotgun, it always counts as "topless". Urgh.

I could never do the skillshot where you kill a dude with the sniper by shooting him in the balls. Every time i shoot a bullet with the Sniper they kinda block the shot with their heads, lol.

krakov

Finished the campaign today and really enjoyed it, a blast from start to end and pretty much at the perfect length I'd say. Really looking forward to playing through it again with less emphasis on specific skill shots. Didn't really care for the sniping sections, that is one of few negatives I can come up with right now. Also, it would have been amazing if the campaign was co-op, not only since Anarchy mode is pretty great.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
SalsaShark said:
I could never do the skillshot where you kill a dude with the sniper by shooting him in the balls. Every time i shoot a bullet with the Sniper they kinda block the shot with their heads, lol.

I don't think you're supposed to do it while they dodge, just get in their face, kick them back, and shoot them in the balls. I did it the first time after thumping a group in air.

For the shotgun, it helps me a lot to slide and get torpedo along with legless, just blast people right before you slide into them. I just got all the skill shots done, last one was Head Slicer, decapitiating an enemy while a flail wraps around. THAT was a bitch, but when I got it, I did it 3x at once.

zaidr

Is the Epic Edition a limited quantity thing, or is pretty much every new 360 copy an Epic Edition? As in, should I jump in now to buy this, or should I wait until maybe a few weeks in until maybe the price drops? I'm mainly getting this for the Gears beta, didn't love the demo. Didn't hate it, but it isn't top of my list of games to play, and I can wait to get it if I can still get the Epic Edition.

george_us

What the shit? I'm at the part in 4-3 where you
use the elevator to kill the baddies and climb up the elevator shaft.
Did my game glitch out on me or something?

Edit: Haha it totally did glitch out.

Salsa

Papercuts said:
I don't think you're supposed to do it while they dodge, just get in their face, kick them back, and shoot them in the balls. I did it the first time after thumping a group in air.

well crap

kicking + shooting never came to mind when using the sniper rifle

Adam J.

Beat the game yesterday. Kinda surprised how low-key the last third of the campaign is considering how high-octane the rest of the game leading up to it is. Still loved every second of it though... Dont recall every hearing the characters say dick-tits, but was really surprised by the racial slurs Saranno uses. I know he's supposed to be a evil SOB, but damn, I didn't think they'd go as far with it.

Kusagari said:
I hate that the sniper rifle bullet disappears if you start going for something you didn't aim at. That's so stupid.
Yeah I don't care much for that either. The sniper rifle in Singualrity is pretty much the same idea but it doesn't have that issue.

JohngPR

Putting the game in now....

Xbox 360: This game isn't going to install itself dick tits!

tumblr_leftk562o31qf8yek.gif

Tawpgun

Just got done playing Anarchy with some gaffers. Goddamn. It's so satisfying and fast paced to play it with a good team. There are only 20 waves and I have no idea how I'm ever going to get the 50k challenge. When we were done we only had around 30k.

It's definitely the best survival mode of its kind. Bad idea Epic, now people are going to be disappointed with Horde :p

Cool. I picked up the limited edition for the ps3 and whenever i enter the online pass into PSN it says the code isnt correct or its already been used.

what the hell? Anyone else have this problem?

Hungry Ghost said:
Cool. I picked up the limited edition for the ps3 and whenever i enter the online pass into PSN it says the code isnt correct or its already been used.

what the hell? Anyone else have this problem?
Hmm no, you may need to return it to the store for another or get ready for a round of fun with EA support.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
zaidr said:
So, anyone know about how limited the Epic Edition is? Quantity wise...?
it's the typical EA 'limited' bullshit, meaning every copy of the first shipment is 'limited'.

you'll be able to buy it for weeks yet.

zaidr said:
So, anyone know about how limited the Epic Edition is? Quantity wise...?
Well there will be other opportunities to get into the beta but we don't know what those are yet. I think if I really wanted into the beta that badly I'd buy the game now and not take that chance. They're going to have to run out sooner or later I imagine.

This game is really awesome and beautiful. I'm really impressed, the first few cutscenes on the PS3 version was kinda laggy randomly but it seems to have gotten better? Maybe. Anyway, I'm really loving it so far. I'm surprised to see that nobody on my friends list is playing this game, though.

Well I beat it. Man people aren't kidding, what a wimpy and disappointing ending. Otherwise a great game, needs New Game+ though! (I'll keep saying it until People Can Fly patches it in.)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've got all weapons and I'm pretty sure I'm on the final stretch.

This game is incredible. This is how you make a shooter.

Lunchbox

Banned
if you dont wanna do the whole bullet time with the sniper, just zoom in shoot and hit B or whatever the return button is on your system right after pulling the trigger

thats like a regular shot plus the easiest way to get the Nutcracker skillshot, because the enemies dont seem to dodge when you do this (or dont get the time to do it). didnt test it with barrels yet

Blueblur1

Didn't find the answer to this in the OP so I'll ask here: Does the standard edition come with Gears 3 Beta access? I was about to order it off Amazon but noticed that all mention of the 'Epic Edition' has been erased.

Nelo Ice

Banned
Blueblur1 said:
Didn't find the answer to this in the OP so I'll ask here: Does the standard edition come with Gears 3 Beta access? I was about to order it off Amazon but noticed that all mention of the 'Epic Edition' has been erased.

nope only the epic edition gets u in the gears beta early

Salsa

Neuromancer said:
Well I beat it. Man people aren't kidding, what a wimpy and disappointing ending. Otherwise a great game, needs New Game+ though! (I'll keep saying it until People Can Fly patches it in.)

Yeah, at least throw me something harder than Very Hard :(

Tawpgun

whitehawk said:
I think I may have to buy this, the Gears 3 beta is pushing me. Plus I absolutely loved the demo.

How is the multiplayer?
There are singleplayer Echoes leaderboards.

Then a co-operative Anarchy mode. And if you have a good team (AKA friends with mics) then its by far one of the most intense experiences ever.

Dead

well not really...yet
Not only is Bulletstorm one of the funnest games Ive played in recent times, but it has a main character with HAIR...a full head of HAIR!! And it has colors! Lots of colors!!

I dont know what else I could ask for in a game.

Nelo Ice

Banned
whitehawk said:
Isn't that the only version that exists?

well 1st print run/preorders are epic edition any other copies should be standard and wont include the gears 3 beta or the extra stuff for anarchy mode

according to epic the epic edition is actually limited though its possible it could be typical EA "limited"

A27 Tawpgun said:
Just got done playing Anarchy with some gaffers. Goddamn. It's so satisfying and fast paced to play it with a good team. There are only 20 waves and I have no idea how I'm ever going to get the 50k challenge. When we were done we only had around 30k.

It's definitely the best survival mode of its kind. Bad idea Epic, now people are going to be disappointed with Horde :p
Word shit was fun I can't imagine doing well without teamwork and mics. The level designs are choice as well very well crafted much better than horde mode easier time identifying where a group is spawning from and the interactive set pieces tre bien.

vazel

Banned
I'm in Act 6 and I'm really loving this game. It's a beautiful fun game. Didn't think I'd see the day this gen when a FPS game had some of the prettiest environments with vivid colors. The game is easy even on hard mode but that's ok for Bulletstorm I'm still having lots of fun.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
A27 Tawpgun said:
And if you have a good team (AKA friends with mics) then its by far one of the most intense experiences ever.

And if you play with randoms, it's basically "HERP DERP DERPA DERPA HERP".

I haven't completed a single challenge when playing with randoms.

Papercuts

Damn, the last normal echo is hard to 3 star. No dropkits at all, found it hard to get good points on the final section of it because of that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The game keeps crashing on chapter 7, and I'm pretty sure its because my videocard is on the fritz :(.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
PC GAF Take heed: Forcing AA through drivers as opposed to using the in game option gives you the AA without the crazy performance hit. Verified on ATI anyways, dunno about nVidia.

Tunavi

Banned
http://sarcasticgamer.com/wp/index.php/2011/02/ea-apologizes-for-sexual-innuendo-in-bulletstorm.html

EA announced that a patch to make the words more kid friendly will go live sometime next week after it goes through Microsoft and Sony certification. Some of the changes were provided in the press release.

Topless will be changed to Pull Yourself Together.
Rear Entry will be changed to Look Out Behind You!
Gag Reflex will be changed to Choke on That!
Double Penetration will be changed to Two Guns, One Dead Body.

They're patching out Double Penetration :(

EDIT: I realized it's a joke article.

EatChildren

So all the ones with sexual innuendo. Any reason for that?

Papercuts

EatChildren said:
So all the ones with sexual innuendo. Any reason for that?

Look at the url, lol. There's way more than that anyway. Drilldo is the most obvious one that comes to mind.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Sinatar said:
PC GAF Take heed: Forcing AA through drivers as opposed to using the in game option gives you the AA without the crazy performance hit. Verified on ATI anyways, dunno about nVidia.
What crazy performance hit? Running 4xAA in game and it's fine. So it'd be better if I turn off in game AA and force it in CCC? Can you 'let games decide' but force it for specific games? Don't want to be turning it on and off per game. And is the image quality the same? How is the MLAA option with this game?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Papercuts said:
Look at the url, lol. There's way more than that anyway. Drilldo is the most obvious one that comes to mind.

Pretty much half of the skill shots are sexual innuedos. =P

Top Bottom