• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

derFeef

lawblob said:
I hope this game gets extensive DLC. I need more of this game. Now!
I am not finished yet, but this needs a new game + kind of thing where you start the story with all weapons. I want to use my favourite gun as much as possible.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Dabanton said:
Sliding across the floor while unloading that shotgun into multiple enemies= heaven
just thinking about it makes me want to go play some more, and I don't even have the shotgun yet.

I love it when a game surprises me like this. Being genuinely taken aback by a game always leads to the best reactions. Much like how Galaxy was more impactful than Galaxy 2, or Dead Space 1 to 2. I suppose you could lump the three major Platinum Games titles in that list too. Bulletstorm just does it for me.

Untracked

After 20 hours of Anarchy mode it still amazes me.
The graphics are incredible, it's tracking all the projectiles, hits and skillshots from 4 different players, whilst generating amazing effects and its all synced across Xbox Live running at a sweet framerate...
It blows my tiny mind!
So much FUN!

Bravo PCF / Epic, a very happy customer here.

S1kkZ

anyone else noticed a weird graphical glitch in the 360 version? when you look at glas or water, there is a graphic bug around the weapon model (looks like an outline).

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
lawblob said:
I hope this game gets extensive DLC. I need more of this game. Now!

I think it's complete bullshit that they were touting DLC before the game even came out, but yeah... when the game's this good, I don't really care. I just want more.

S1kkZ said:
anyone else noticed a weird graphical glitch in the 360 version? when you look at glas or water, there is a graphic bug around the weapon model (looks like an outline).
yeah and models close to the sun look all pixely as well.

Just finished it. Funny that after all the complaining people did about the game's style and writing, the story actually ended up to be pretty good and you find yourself caring the characters. Or hating, in Sarrano's case.

Loved the game. Definitely one of the most beautiful games around. Loved the pacing, the scenarios, the weapons, the skill shot system, everything. Definitely going to be playing through again. Haven't even touched any of the other modes yet. Really hope I can con a friend into picking it up so I have someone to play the multiplayer modes with.

PS- Playing Bulletstorm kind of makes me want a new Unreal. I still want to see another Unreal that offers both 1st and 3rd person, and maybe with melee combat mixed it like that first one on the original Xbox...For this generation.

LiK

finished it today, great game. really enjoyed it.

btw, love hearing Jennifer Hale curse like a sailor, lol.

derFeef said:
I am not finished yet, but this needs a new game + kind of thing where you start the story with all weapons. I want to use my favourite gun as much as possible.
Yes yes yes! Listen to this man, PCF, and make it happen!

Amir0x

Banned
Either I just got the weirdest fucking glitch or accidentally inputted a cheat code or there's some fundamental gameplay system I missed about replaying checkpoints to try to complete a certain skill shot.

I restarted a checkpoint on Act 1, Chapter 2 about three times, encountering the same enemy trying to do a specific bullet slide. I netted about, eh, 100 skill points each turn, maybe less. But anyway if you restart it doesn't count them, does it?

But it wouldn't add up anyway. When I restarted on the third time I had an extra 5000 SP, for doing absolutely nothing. I can't even see where it added it to my totals. Wtf? I feel dirty.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
In chapter 2 now. What a surprise. This game is just incredible.

God, they get it. Make shit FAST. It doesn't have to be LABORIOUS to make you feel accomplished.

You feel so powerful in this game. It's "difficult" because it's you vs. yourself and your own creativity. Not vs. an infinitely respawning grenade lobbying super army. Genius game.

If you don't like it, I'll kill you in the dick.

Tawpgun

So I've noticed when you do anarchy, it will let you vote/select a map. But what's weird is it says,

Gametype: Anarchy
Map: Map Name

Now, why would they start it with Gametype: if they weren't going to add more gametypes? I guess the same implication can be applied to why is it called Multiplayer in the menu when its really only Anarchy?

Imagine a HORSE like game. Someone gets a bunch of enemies, or it could be a segment from campaign, and they'll do a series of skillshots, and the other person has to copy it.

I was thinking deathmatch of some sort as well but I don't think it would work well at all. Even with the leash disabled.

Not really sure what else they could do in terms of multiplayer.

A27 Tawpgun said:
So I've noticed when you do anarchy, it will let you vote/select a map. But what's weird is it says,

Gametype: Anarchy
Map: Map Name

Now, why would they start it with Gametype: if they weren't going to add more gametypes? I guess the same implication can be applied to why is it called Multiplayer in the menu when its really only Anarchy?

Imagine a HORSE like game. Someone gets a bunch of enemies, or it could be a segment from campaign, and they'll do a series of skillshots, and the other person has to copy it.

I was thinking deathmatch of some sort as well but I don't think it would work well at all. Even with the leash disabled.

Not really sure what else they could do in terms of multiplayer.
Co-op echo mode?

Blueblur1

I bought this game this afternoon after listening to Jeff Cannata's positive impressions on Weekend Confirmed. I now have buyer's remorse. By the time I got to the 3rd act I was already getting bored of the game. And now at Act 4 I decided to stop playing it. Maybe I'll try it again tomorrow but so far I'm not really liking it.

Tawpgun

Amir0x said:
guys does anyone know why I suddenly got a +5000sp for nothing?
Which chapter did you restart? Because I went back to something in Act 7 and found out I started with nothing but a PMC. I was so disappointed...

But when I reached the drop pod... close to 100,000 sp awaiting me. Hell yes.

I was also thinking... what if you could use the leash while sliding? It could give you more momentum, redirect you, or have you spin around around a fixed point.

Also, this would only be possible on PC (or I guess consoles could use a slo-mo radial menu) but imagine if this game was played quake style in that you could carry your entire arsenal on you at all times?

brb new pair a pants.

Amir0x

Banned
A27 Tawpgun said:
Which chapter did you restart? Because I went back to something in Act 7 and found out I started with nothing but a PMC. I was so disappointed...

But when I reached the drop pod... close to 100,000 sp awaiting me. Hell yes.

I was also thinking... what if you could use the leash while sliding? It could give you more momentum, redirect you, or have you spin around around a fixed point.

Also, this would only be possible on PC (or I guess consoles could use a slo-mo radial menu) but imagine if this game was played quake style in that you could carry your entire arsenal on you at all times?

brb new pair a pants.

Act 1, Chapter 2. Restarted a checkpoint like three times to try to get a specific skill shot performed. On third time, I had extra 5000sp.

if you got 100,000 sp like that, there has to be some gameplay feature I'm not aware of or a really weird glitch

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Amir0x said:
Act 1, Chapter 2. Restarted a checkpoint like three times to try to get a specific skill shot performed. On third time, I had extra 5000sp.

if you got 100,000 sp like that, there has to be some gameplay feature I'm not aware of or a really weird glitch

When you go back and play a random level, it basically gives you the basic starting gun and leash, you need to re-unlock all the guns, ammo, buy thumper, charge, etc. for everything so it starts you with a lot of SP. Not sure why it triggered if you restarted from checkpoint, but that's all I can think of.

Amir0x

Banned
Papercuts said:
When you go back and play a random level, it basically gives you the basic starting gun and leash, you need to re-unlock all the guns, ammo, buy thumper, charge, etc. for everything so it starts you with a lot of SP. Not sure why it triggered if you restarted from checkpoint, but that's all I can think of.

First, that's a really weird feature particular in Single Player. Cannot imagine why they thought that was a good idea. But secondly, I had thought it might have been that - but all the upgrades I had were already purchased.

Aske

LiK said:
finished it today, great game. really enjoyed it.

btw, love hearing Jennifer Hale curse like a sailor, lol.

Thank you! I've been saying this since I played the demo - totally agree. So fun to hear her in a role like this.

I finally had a few hours gaming time today so I started the campaign. So. Fucking. Good.

Gameplay is everything I hoped after playing the demo, but the whole package contains much more. The story is fun for one thing. Characters are likeable and the banter is well written. Yep, I said it, and I stand by it. Reminds me of a more fleshed out Gears 1: great team dynamic. And the environments are some of the most beautiful I've seen this gen. The whole presentation aspect of Bulletstorm is a freaking joy.

No complaints yet. Fantastic game.

Dizzle24

Papercuts said:
I guess it's the devs secret "New Game +"
Same happened to me; replayed a random chapter and had around 45k SKill Points, so i just unlocked everything and selected my fav guns :)

Grisby

Just got done playing myself tonight!

Game is just...well...I had a balls to the wall grin on my face the entire time I was playing.
Up to Ch 2 and the game is just so fun! I suck at skill shotting but I will prevail. The story is also kind of intriguing and I really want to find out what happens next.

Jennifer Hale is worth the asking price alone. "I will kill your dick!"

I feel its only going to get better baby.

Amir0x

Banned
I like meticulously going down the list of skill shots and trying to pick them off all one by one. It's like an elaborate grocery list where the only item is FUCK AWESOMENESS (was this line Bulletstorm cheesy enough?)

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Y2Kev said:
Did you try Vanquish?

This has better "gunplay" (however you take that term), but that was pretty cool too. :)

Of course, of course. But that was third person, this is first :p.

Lunchbox

Banned
finally got all the skillshots

still cant believe how enjoyable this game is. biggest most pleasant surprise of the year. the tutorial lasted a bit too long, but when the game lets your hand go near the 2nd half of the game, its just a fun ride to the end. hope they let people can fly do alot of dlc and a sequel

How easy is it to match up with random people online in the PC version? Does it have servers or some kinda match-making? Is it populated? I only have a handful of Steam friends and doubt they have this.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Amir0x said:
First, that's a really weird feature particular in Single Player. Cannot imagine why they thought that was a good idea. But secondly, I had thought it might have been that - but all the upgrades I had were already purchased.

Yeah, it's a weird feature. I'm guessing the game thought you restarted for some reason even if you kept your weapon upgrades, I recall getting around 5K in the early levels since there's not much to upgrade. But if I jump into act 6 or so I have over 100K.

Lunchbox said:
finally got all the skillshots

still cant believe how enjoyable this game is. biggest most pleasant surprise of the year. the tutorial lasted a bit too long, but when the game lets your hand go near the 2nd half of the game, its just a fun ride to the end. hope they let people can fly do alot of dlc and a sequel

What was the last one for you? Mine was Head Slicer for the flail.

Lunchbox

Banned
Papercuts said:
What was the last one for you? Mine was Head Slicer for the flail.
Flak - Destroy a gyrocopter using a indirect explosion

i kept trying to toss barrels and flail'd enemies at the chopper and never got it in the campaign. so i launched up an echo and used the snipers alt fire twice and got it. felt like a genius and stupid for not figuring it out earlier at the same time

Tunavi

Banned
How have sales been so far? I want Bulletstorm 2

I anyone ever wants to play anarchy mode with good teamwork, Send me a request on Xbox Live, GT Tunavi.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I CANNOT play this game in Anarchy mode. Randoms don't use teamwork and we can't ever progress. Developers need to realize making team play THIS mandatory is a bad idea.

Shelving this game until the beta hits.

Amir0x

Banned
Alienshogun said:
I CANNOT play this game in Anarchy mode. Randoms don't use teamwork and we can't ever progress. Developers need to realize making team play THIS mandatory is a bad idea.

Seems the solution is PLAYING WITH FRIENDS and not playing with randoms instead of shelving the game but, er, maybe that's just my logic speaking :p

Zeliard

A27 Tawpgun said:

That's the only thing that keeps it from near-perfection for me. The weapon limit is particularly noticeable in Bulletstorm given that it specifically encourages you to use all of them in different ways, and especially when there's no new game + feature. And forcing you to always carry what is probably the worst gun in the entire game wasn't cool (the Carbine isn't bad, but literally every other gun in the game is more fun to use).

I also wish the campaign was lengthier, but that's just me being selfish. :p

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Amir0x said:
Seems the solution is PLAYING WITH FRIENDS and not playing with randoms instead of shelving the game but, er, maybe that's just my logic speaking :p

Most friends don't want to play it, and unless you have 5/5 friends playing 1 fucking random can ruin it.

Salazar

Y2Kev said:
If you don't like it, I'll I will remove your iPod from its tiny nano-sheath and push it up your cock! Then I'll put some speakers up your arse and put it on shuffle with my fucking fist. And every time I hear something that I don't like, which will be every time that something comes on, I will skip to the next track by crushing your balls!

Fixed.

I adore this game. It looks splendid, and leashing someone, turning slightly, and booting them into the air to fall to their doom is really, really enjoyable.

Alienshogun said:

Hit me up me and few other gaffers have been playing and we good. GT Krugerrand Man

fin

Well I picked up the game this afternoon, just finished it...did about a 10 hour session or so. I just couldn't stop playing it, great game! Looking forward to some multiplayer and attempting the rest of the skill shots.

Best FPS I've played since COD4. Not a slow moment at all, the dialogue was hilarious, and we were introduced to the best villain in a video game for as far back as I can remember.

GT is conradcervantes if anyone wants to hit me up for Anarchy mode. Haven't played it yet, but it sounds awesome.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
The racism was so bad, and as a result such black humour. Such a good villain. They really sold his character perfectly.

"What is down here?"
"Buncha big titty'd gals with yellow fever. The fuck should I know?"

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Just beat the campaign. It was pretty good - not really a dull moment. Love the arcadey aspects. Hated the
mega cliffhanger ending

Not a big fan of the online mode - I don't really dig waves. The game was a good length, though. Maybe about 6-8 hours.

Overall: Great.

Achamian

just finished this in the last hour. absolutely the most fun i've had with an fps since way back. doubt i'll be able to go back to borefest cod or kz now. need moooooaaaaaarrrrr of this!

jambo

Finished it today in 1 sitting in just under 7 hours, Hard mode.

Best FPS released so far this year, I had so much fun with this. Just pure fun running around, kicking people and racking up combo points.

Gonna sink a lot of time in to this once I get in to the Echo stages.

Top Bottom