• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Zeliard

spermatic cord said:
Crouch to get through? NAH I'LL SLIDE THROUGH EVERYTHING BITCHES

Haha yep. Though sometimes you can't and there's this harsh banging noise when you try, which I imagine as the character's head hitting the wall.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Opus Angelorum said:
I'm surprised Microsoft didn't make this an exclusive (and purchase People Can Fly), seems like the perfect partnership.
PCF was bought by Epic.

Also, partnerships like that are so goddamn retarded that I am offended you suggested that.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Y2Kev said:
If I like this, should I play painkiller?

You should at least try it. Its very good.

bhlaab

Y2Kev said:

If you like nice things you should play Painkiller.

/!\ ONLY THE ORIGINAL PAINKILLER /!\
/!\ DO NOT PLAY PAINKILLER OVERDOSE OR PAINKILLER RESURRECTION /!\

/!\ PLAY THE PAINKILLER EXPANSION "BATTLE OUT OF HELL" UNDER THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT CONSISTS OF CONTENT THAT WAS CUT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME FOR A GOOD REASON/!\

And unlike Bulletstorm which has no jump button, Painkiller is almost entirely about bunnyhopping. They intentionally coded their engine to be buggy and exploitable in the same way as Quake 1 (so don't turn on vsync)

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/painkiller

Tawpgun

Man, if 2011 wasn't such a monster year for games Bulletstorm might have actually had a chance.

That being said, it's going to be between Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem for the Most Badass Kick You in the Face with Awesome Game of the Year award.

Haunted

You should play Painkiller if you like Serious Sam.

bhlaab said:
If you like nice things you should play Painkiller.

/!\ ONLY THE ORIGINAL PAINKILLER /!\
/!\ DO NOT PLAY PAINKILLER OVERDOSE OR PAINKILLER RESURRECTION /!\

/!\ PLAY THE PAINKILLER EXPANSION "BATTLE OUT OF HELL" UNDER THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT CONSISTS OF CONTENT THAT WAS CUT FROM THE ORIGINAL GAME FOR A GOOD REASON/!\

And unlike Bulletstorm which has no jump button, Painkiller is almost entirely about bunnyhopping. They intentionally coded their engine to be buggy and exploitable in the same way as Quake 1 (so don't turn on vsync)

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/painkiller
I think you just scared him away.

I can't believe it but this game actually made me laugh out loud, not even through dialogue.

When Grey kicks over that pedestal to get across at the beginning of the Forbidden Zone and causes like fourteen hundred tons of damage, all very very slowly.

Bravo, Bulletstorm. You are a fucking work of art.

We'll i'll be, that was awesome, god is dead! :D Got 80% of skillshots on my first playthrough on hard.

Bring on single player DLC and Bulletstorm part deux!

A27 Tawpgun said:
Man, if 2011 wasn't such a monster year for games Bulletstorm might have actually had a chance.

That being said, it's going to be between Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem for the Most Badass Kick You in the Face with Awesome Game of the Year award.

Isn't Duke Nukem just a regular shooter? No leashes or combos or anything? I haven't been keeping up with it so it's possible it has as much going for it as Bulletstorm.

Y2Kev said:

Painkiller plays a lot more like Serious Sam games. That is by throwing just an insane amount of screaming enemies at you and giving oldschool quake-style weapons to deal with them.

It is a lot of fun though but the humour of Bulletstorm is missing. But nailing enemies to the walls with the stake-launcher never gets old.

Randy

BenjaminBirdie said:
I can't believe it but this game actually made me laugh out loud, not even through dialogue.

When Grey kicks over that pedestal to get across at the beginning of the Forbidden Zone and causes like fourteen hundred tons of damage, all very very slowly.

Yeah, had to smile about that one too. Reached the ending. SPOILER:

Bulletstorm 2, I'll embrace you!

BenjaminBirdie said:
Isn't Duke Nukem just a regular shooter? No leashes or combos or anything? I haven't been keeping up with it so it's possible it has as much going for it as Bulletstorm.

I have no faith that duke won't be anything more than a boiler plate shoot the stuff in front of you shooter.

BenjaminBirdie said:
It'll be crazy too, just a different kind of crazy. Probably more to do with the weapons and the interactions with the environments.

Gritesh

Can someone please answer me for the PC.

Is it preferable to play with a controller over KB/mouse.

Want to pick this up today but not sure if I should get the Xbox controller for it!

@NIN90 thanks for the response.

NIN90

Gritesh said:
Can someone please answer me for the PC.

Is it preferable to play with a controller over KB/mouse.

Want to pick this up today but not sure if I should get the Xbox controller for it!

Thanks.

I have only used KB/Mouse so far and it's fine.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
BenjaminBirdie said:

Yeah, they did that part really well. I knew something would happen when she said to be quiet, but I didn't expect it to be like THAT.

NIN90

Games keeps crashing every 10 minutes.
Google says that I should update my GPU drivers and that I should check if my PC overheats. Great advice.

Tawpgun

BenjaminBirdie said:

Duke's good because if Bulletstorm makes dick jokes, Duke will take it even further. It's a bad ass rambo ladies man that's kicking alien ass. Unlike Bulletstorm the story won't be serious AT ALL. It's going to be fun in its own way.

Popeck

Popeck said:
I'm enjoying the game very much on Xbox 360, but sometimes it ignores my Echo results completely. I get a new high score, but the game doesn't post it to the leaderboards.

Okay, the problem seems to be with uploading the score. The menu just says "Uploading score..." and nothing happens. I tried about six times getting a good score for The Storm, but at first I died, the second time I got stuck above an obstacle, the third time Xbox 360 froze up and fourth, fifth and sixth time it just wouldn't upload. And I did get some pretty good scores around 15k. Daymn.

Oh well, here's some gameplay from my Rooftops runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK4CgEXXP1g. This wasn't my best run, but the Homing missile part went just as planned, so I decided to upload this one, even though the wave sequence was horrible.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Replayed the start of Act 2 to the end of Act 3. Every sequence is so memorable and jaw droppingly amazing. Its so beautiful, so chaotic, and so fucking amazing.

This is going to go down in my top 5 shooters of all time. I seriously cannot get over how fucking fantastic this game is. I love it.

One of the best shooters of the last decade. Utterly phenominal.

derFeef

Fully agreed. And I can not believe we are getting Duke and Serious Sam 3 this year as well. It´s the good old days. But Bulletstorm is hard to beat imho. Also - after-credits!

TheOddOne

derFeef said:
Fully agreed. And I can not believe we are getting Duke and Serious Sam 3 this year as well. It´s the good old days. But Bulletstorm is hard to beat imho. Also - after-credits!
Fuck ISHI, was glad when I though he was dead. Now he's alive?! DICKTITS.

Popeck said:
Okay, the problem seems to be with uploading the score. The menu just says "Uploading score..." and nothing happens. I tried about six times getting a good score for The Storm, but at first I died, the second time I got stuck above an obstacle, the third time Xbox 360 froze up and fourth, fifth and sixth time it just wouldn't upload. And I did get some pretty good scores around 15k. Daymn.

Oh well, here's some gameplay from my Rooftops runs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PK4CgEXXP1g. This wasn't my best run, but the Homing missile part went just as planned, so I decided to upload this one, even though the wave sequence was horrible.
You're not crazy. I did an Echo today and it never updated the leaderboard, didn't give me any stars or anything.

As bite sized gaming chunks go Echo isn't bad at all, but it's no substitute for the insanity and humor of the campaign.

CliffyB on Twitter said:
"@hdcase: Odds of getting a New Game+ option for Bulletstorm so we can play through the game again with all weapons?" @adrianchm - WANT
Awesome, CliffyB apparently agrees with my New Game+ suggestion, and forwarded it to the creative director of People Can Fly.

sam27368

Banned
Fuck that game was good.

I'm finding it hard to think of prettier environments in a game .. ever. Every inch of that game was just so so detailed.

Zeliard

EatChildren said:
Replayed the start of Act 2 to the end of Act 3. Every sequence is so memorable and jaw droppingly amazing. Its so beautiful, so chaotic, and so fucking amazing.

This is going to go down in my top 5 shooters of all time. I seriously cannot get over how fucking fantastic this game is. I love it.

I started a new game when I finished it regardless of the lack of NG+ feature (though it would obviously be a lovely thing to have patched in or put into the sequel).

The game has massive replay value inherently built into it by virtue of being so much goddamn fun to play.

Zeliard

I also have more of an incentive to play through it again because I missed out on the flail gun entirely. I guess I just didn't buy it because it never appeared in my skillshot menu. Barely ever looked at that menu so I didn't realize it till late.

Gowans

Just finished it, been a while since I've crammed so many hours in over a weekend.

Loved it's style, pace, story & balls to the floor action.

Now for Echos n multi ;)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
EatChildren said:

I must say that I am going to have to re-play this game again at least once to experience the mayhem unleashed in the game again. The gunplay is possibly the strongest in any game I have played and that sniper rifle *drools*. I swear I bent a bullet 90 degrees round a wall into a poor suckers head!

Bulletstorm is really the anti-COD in nearly every way, in pacing, structure and scripting. The entire game allows, no, it encourages you to analyse a situation, then take it on in a way that you enjoy, not (the COD way) the way the game thought devs of for you.

The plotline is pretty generic yet the voice acting is fantastic in a "B Movie" way and the cut-scenes are actually worth watching, which is rare in this sort of game these days.

Oh, and the game is damned beautiful as well. I would spend longer admiring the view if I wasn't getting shot at so much. 1920 x 1080, 4xAA and (mostly) 60FPS, I like!

I almost wish that I had to buy the game, for once a game well worth full pricing, even for its short length. (Before you ask, I won the game via the IGN UK Twitter/D2D, the lucky bastard that I am)

Y2Kev said:
Edit: Yes, it's on GOG, go get it right now.

Teknoman

Heh im actually grinning at some of these lines. Just got past the crazy train...and man some of these environments are really nice looking yet still alien feeling. People Can Fly has to make Unreal 3. As far as the action goes, damn...its like Contra level action infused with first person shooting wrapped in a crazy 90s gaming/comic book sci-fi environment.

Mouse and Keyboard controls work great, and it's really satisfying to think up a skillshot, and actually have it be in the game. My only complaints are the 16:10 performance issue, and the fact that you cant really hear the music...which sucks since it doesnt sound like generic action music, it's really scene setting stuff.

EDIT: By the way, has anyone set up a GAF tag for XBL/PC or a PSN chatroom for the PS3 users to team up in Anarchy?

legacyzero

Banned
"I'm just a water-head. I forgot why I jogged aaaaalllll the way out here for." LOL

Spoiler:
Sad that he's dead, I'd rather have him that Ishii TBH

ArjanN

A27 Tawpgun said:

I think it's been doing OK?

Anyway, there's also Serious Sam 3 this year.

ArjanN said:
I think it's been doing OK?

Anyway, there's also Serious Sam 3 this year.
Yep it's a great year for throwback games.

(By throwback I mean when games were allowed to be dumb and kind of crass and fun.)

Zeliard said:
I also have more of an incentive to play through it again because I missed out on the flail gun entirely. I guess I just didn't buy it because it never appeared in my skillshot menu. Barely ever looked at that menu so I didn't realize it till late.
the shotgun sniper rifle and the bazooka gun are kind of worthless for points. You missed out on not getting the Flail gun.

G_Berry

Banned
kamspy said:
I just finished this fuck awesome piece of cock bursting gaming. My cock is broken and my balls are bigger than ever. It's one of the best games I've ever played. Any genre, and gen.

My cock is fucking shocked off at this revelation, but god damn I'm fuck happy it is bitches.

COCK LUNCH!

robot

Incredible game.

To those who haven't played Chapter 3 Act 2, make sure your NPC's stay with you the whole time. I had to restart since one got left behind and it wouldn't trigger an event. Was expecting them to reappear (like Halo) but no dice.

That title screen music is so good.

Top Bottom