• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade 2011 [Redux]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Neutral feedback for Xena

couple of things with this seller.

1. Slow to reply to PM's
2. Rude when brought up the condition of the internals of the Mass Effect CE contents.

The pictures she posted up made it seem like all was in great conditions, boy was I wrong, the inner contents was fairly beat up, when I brought it up to her, all I got was a shitty comment about if I was so worried about the inner content I should have asked for pictures. I guess expecting a seller to freely talk about the condition of the item I am buying from them is too much to ask.

I will stay away from this chick.

bad seller bad.

Aselith

g35twinturbo said:

1. Slow to reply to PM's
2. Rude when brought up the condition of the internals of the Mass Effect CE contents.

The pictures she posted up made it seem like all was in great conditions, boy was I wrong, the inner contents was fairly beat up, when I brought it up to her, all I got was a shitty comment about if I was so worried about the inner content I should have asked for pictures. I guess expecting a seller to freely talk about the condition of the item I am buying from them is too much to ask.

bad seller bad.
:(

knee

g35twinturbo said:

1. Slow to reply to PM's

bad seller bad.

Ouch. :-X

KoreanBarbecue said:
Hey folks, the feedback list is now current as of this post.

However, help make my job easier (or slightly less time consuming). If you leave positive feedback, please bold the user's name, or bold the entire sentence. It makes it easier for me to see in the thread and hopefully reduce any chance of missing feedback to be updated.

Example: Positive feedback for so and so
Positive feedback for so and so

Lastly, let's all welcome darkeagle1437 to the NeoGAF Plus club! He's got a ton of transactions here in the thread and has accumulated a stellar reputation amongst everyone here. Congrats!
I've done two transactions since the last feedback list update, but I still have the same amount of feedback that I had before the update.

Xena

g35twinturbo said:

1. Slow to reply to PM's

bad seller bad.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to that.

I don't believe I have been rude, however, nor slow with replying (I did reply on the same day for your inquires; you closed the deal this Monday night and I shipped Tuesday morning - including using the shipping method you wanted.

I can post all our PMs (excluding the personal information, of course) if requested.

What he may refer to being "rude" is the following reply to his "got it, some of the inner parts were a bit more bent up then expected though....."

Xena said:
With all due respect, if were really concerned about the items' condition, you should have requested more details and I would have gladly taken more pictures for you...

I truly apologize if you felt hurt by it; I was trying to be polite and professional.

You never "assume" things. As I mentioned, ASK for more details if you are buying something you cannot personally see. You never asked anything about the item, whether it was like new, used, good condition and etc, you only asked about the availability of the item and the shipping method...

At any rate, you don't need to worry about leaving negative feedback (your comments were hardly "neutral" and I'd give negative feedback based on that).
I learned my lesson and will only deal locally as I usually do, to avoid this kind of situation.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Michelle

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
I'm not about to clutter up the thread with opinions or entitlements.
I'm stating my experience with you and it is what it is.

I'm far from hurt but as a person who sells TONS of stuff here, I atleast admit to whatever condition a item may come in, if someone has an issue with something I've seen them I would be more willing to work with them in order to make both of us happy, in this case you did not do that. I was far from hurt, believe that but was more surprised as how quick you were to write it off as a fault with mine.

Granted, I should have asked for inner content pictures since the original pictures looked to be in perfect shape....

Granted you should have stated as a seller that the items was not in the same condition especially when you put something like this (check bold)

Xena said:
EDIT: Sold!

I'm selling my Mass Effect Collector's Edition, if anyone is interested. I ask $120 (shipping included). I'm also throwing Gamestop's preorder disc, which I never opened...

On a side note, I also have Mass Effect 2 CE that I want to sell (the Cerberus code is used, however, but the rest in mint condition like the ME CE above). If you are interested in getting both together, let me know and negotiate a reasonable price.

I'll take some pics of ME2 CE after I come back from work.

why would I need to question? In any case, I'm happy I got the game, just didn't have the same experience I would give to someone buying something from me. Ole Well.

NoRéN

That's what you get for expecting things to be as described.

If the Internet has taught me anything it's that things are never as described.

Ex. Outgoing, fun loving 20 year old who loves hiking, long walks, 30 rock, and video games = fat chick who walks as far as the fridge.

NoRéN said:

Ex. Outgoing, fun loving 20 year old who loves hiking, long walks, 30 rock, and video games = fat chick who walks as far as the fridge.
Oh NoRén, you are so funny :3

Agreed. Lets all try to describe the items condition exactly. If you haven't looked at something in a while don't just list it because it might not be in the same condition you think it is. Make sure to check it out first and then everyone will be happy.

Erekiddo

I think we've all just been a little spoiled from Gaffers who go 'above and beyond'. I bought a game sometime ago from Cmagus, and it never came. I didn't accuse him of not sending it, nor did he accuse me of lying. He sent another copy of the game with about $70 worth of goodies. The game in itself was $30. He wasn't obligated to do this, but he did.

Thinking back, all of my experiences with Gaffers have been way more pleasant than any other transaction I've done online.

In this situation, it sucks. It could have been handled better - but hey, both parties were content on either side. I'm just curious as to why it was labeled as mint.. :|

Aselith

NeoNess said:
I think we've all just been a little spoiled from Gaffers who go 'above and beyond'. I bought a game sometime ago from Cmagus, and it never came. I didn't accuse him of not sending it, nor did he accuse me of lying. He sent another copy of the game with about $70 worth of goodies. The game in itself was $30. He wasn't obligated to do this, but he did.

Thinking back, all of my experiences with Gaffers have been way more pleasant than any other transaction I've done online.

In this situation, it sucks. It could have been handled better - but hey, both parties were content on either side. I'm just curious as to why it was labeled as mint.. :|

Describing the item accurately is not going above and beyond. It's basic online transaction etiquette. Most of the people who frequent this thread are also member of the community at Neogaf so they're not nearly as likely to try to screw people as a lot of places because they have history here and somewhat of a stake in the site.

This should not be a situation where everyone's like "oh wells! it happens" because that will make it more likely to happen again because why the hell not? No one seems to care anyways. You take your risks buying online always but we've got a good community here and I don't think poor form should be tolerated.

Not calling for a ban or anything as that would be a little over the top obviously but at least don't act like it's not a problem. It's a problem because it makes people more leery about dealing with people here.

Xena said:
I truly apologize if you felt hurt by it; I was trying to be polite and professional.

You never "assume" things. As I mentioned, ASK for more details if you are buying something you cannot personally see. You never asked anything about the item, whether it was like new, used, good condition and etc, you only asked about the availability of the item and the shipping method...

At any rate, you don't need to worry about leaving negative feedback (your comments were hardly "neutral" and I'd give negative feedback based on that).
I learned my lesson and will only deal locally as I usually do, to avoid this kind of situation.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Michelle

Just put any defects in the product in your listing and it won't be a problem. Nobody wants a "mint" GI Joe with no legs. Think about what you would want in a mint product and it won't be a problem. You shouldn't have to ask for an accurate product description.

SELLING
- worldwide shipping
- doesn't include shipping (where applicable) or paypal fees

$11 - Japanese 3DS/DSi/Wii 1000 Points Card [code only]
$22 - Japanese 3DS/DSi/Wii 2000 Points Card [code only]

+ lots of Mario/DK/Zelda/Kirby merchandise (inquire for list with prices/pictures)

WANT
Zelda 25th Concerts Posters/Shirt
Zelda OoT 3D Australian Ocarina/Euro Cap
Nintendo gamescom items (shirts, pins, etc)
Super Mario 3D Land Tanooki keychain [Gamestop preorder bonus]
SM3DL + MK3DS Pins [Gamestop Canada Preorder bonus]
Nintendo World Store launch party swag
Yahoo Japan Auctions bidder

Wise words to follow: caveat emptor.

But honestly, I don't see how g35twinturbo is in the wrong here, and frankly, I would have left negative feedback.

To Xena:

You clearly posted that the condition of everything was MINT. It's right there, plain as day. As such, the burden of responsibility falls on you to deliver a product that reflects that description. It's BS to say that he should have never assumed the condition of the game. He was fully within his right to assume it was in mint condition, because you're the one who said it was. Using the excuse that he should have requested more info is lazy, inconsiderate and downright insulting. You were in the wrong and should have rectified the situation. Also, good luck "dealing locally" to avoid a situation like this again. Mislabeling and misrepresenting the condition of things you sell is a universally shitty thing to do regardless of whether it's here or someplace else. I'm sure you'll learn that soon enough.

Xena

KoreanBarbecue said:
Wise words to follow: caveat emptor.

But honestly, I don't see how g35twinturbo is in the wrong here, and frankly, I would have left negative feedback.

To Xena:

You clearly posted that the condition of everything was MINT. It's right there, plain as day. As such, the burden of responsibility falls on you to deliver a product that reflects that description. It's BS to say that he should have never assumed the condition of the game. He was fully within his right to assume it was in mint condition, because you're the one who said it was. Using the excuse that he should have requested more info is lazy, inconsiderate and downright insulting. You were in the wrong and should have rectified the situation. Also, good luck "dealing locally" to avoid a situation like this again. Mislabeling and misrepresenting the condition of things you sell is a universally shitty thing to do regardless of whether it's here or someplace else. I'm sure you'll learn that soon enough.

Yep, you are right. I had posted that on the second post, and didn't realise I implied ME CE was also mint condition. My apologies.

Positive feedback for Lambtron. He sold me an ungodly amount of double xp codes for Modern Warfare 3. He is awesome and the main reason my wife is going to kill me now.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
NoRéN said:

I feel sorry that you have not done business with me before.

Xena said:
EDIT: gttwinturbo, would you like to return the item and I'll refund you?

Like I messaged you, a partial refund would be suffice. $20 would make it even steven.

Xena

g35twinturbo said:
I feel sorry that you have not done business with me before.

Like I messaged you, a partial refund would be suffice. $20 would make it even steven.

I can't do that; a month ago I tried to sell it to someone here who was looking for it and he/she offered me $100 and I declined. If I accept that, I will have sold you the game for the same amount I denied the other user, and I will feel bad.
I will take the game back, pay shipping costs and give you extra $20 for your trouble getting it shipped back though, if you'd like. Or keep the game as-is.

Erekiddo

Aselith said:
Describing the item accurately is not going above and beyond.

I totally understand this. I'm just saying I think we're all used to getting excellent transactions here, so when we don't, we're a bit baffled.

gblues

Banned
A couple of PS1 classics, up for grabs. I need cash for Skyrim!

Xenogears

The case is in great condition, but I'm missing the instructions. It's the original 1998 release! The discs are both in great condition too, although they're 13 years old so there's a few minor scratches. Should play just fine, though.

The game is still going for around 39.99 used on eBay, but I'll let it go for $30 + shipping.

Final Fantasy IX

The case is in great condition, all four discs look great, and this one has the manual in near-mint condition. It's also the original release. No green stripe of shame here!

$20 + shipping

7D7pK.jpg

Buy them together for $45 + shipping!

Paypal only. Continental US/Canada only, please.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Xena said:
I can't do that; a month ago I tried to sell it to someone here who was looking for it and he/she offered me $100 and I declined. If I accept that, I will have sold you the game for the same amount I denied the other user, and I will feel bad.
I will take the game back, pay shipping costs and give you extra $20 for your trouble getting it shipped back though, if you'd like. Or keep the game as-is.

I'll go with this....

I'll PM you.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
First, I'm looking to buy a copy of Muchi Muchi Pork/Pink Sweets for the 360. Would anyone like to give their copy a loving home? :) PM me and let's make a deal.

While I'm here I should leave belated positive feedback for many folks.

+ KoreanBarbecue: Thanks for paying promptly and being patient while I transcribed the bag full of codes.
+ XLant: Thanks for a killer deal on Saturn games. I promise I'll take good care of Burning Rangers.
+ mdsfx: Thanks for the quick shipping and great deal on ESPGaluda II!
+ InfiniteMadness: Don't think I left feedback for this, but thanks for the KidRobot x Street Fighter figures.
+ Octorockin': Again, not positive I left feedback but thank you for being patient with me and the awesome Catherine soundtrack!
+ B Killenger: Thanks for the sweet GameCube games!

XLant

Neo Member
+Positive feedback+ for:

Rawkus

------------------------

Good communication led to easy dealings, swift payment, and equally swift shipping on my end. Hope you enjoy SFIII as much as I have!

Xena said:

Uh... you realize taking the item back and giving him $20 is exactly the same thing as refunding him $20 back, except you're spending extra for shipping costs and then you have to try to re-sell it, right? The only difference is that you're gonna get the game back.

Aselith

BoobPhysics101 said:
Uh... you realize taking the item back and giving him $20 is exactly the same thing as refunding him $20 back, except you're spending extra for shipping costs and then you have to try to re-sell it, right? The only difference is that you're gonna get the game back.

No, what g35 was suggesting is he keeps the item and she refunds $20 straight up. Whereas what she is going to do is get the item back but give him $20 for his trouble/postage. Then, she'll resell it at the higher cost which may work out to her making the same due to the loss of the $20 but she hasn't sold it to the eventual buyer at the lower cost that she rejected before. I can see how a person's personal ethics would allow that. Even though it ends up with her effectively making $100 (or more if she sells it for more so there's always that) she has still made good on the price she originally made her bottom line for the cost to the buyer.

Cornbread78

Child of Eden digital download code for XBox360 $10. All are valid retail codes from Kinect insert cards, not second hand or random draws. I will scratch and PM code directly to you.

[I will PM you right after paypal payment is received. I will only be able to reply until 4pm EST today] then I will post again on Monday, as I will be away this weekend.] Thank you!

I have: {6} codes left.

bob page

I have an extra Bioshock Big Daddy figurine (from the Limited Edition set). The tip of the drill has a slight chip out of it, which happened to most of the figurines during original shipment (barely noticeable).

Looking for $35 shipped (they go for $45+ on ebay).

K' Dash

Cornbread78 said:
Child of Eden digital download code for XBox360 $10. All are valid retail codes from Kinect insert cards, not second hand or random draws. I will scratch and PM code directly to you.

[I will PM you right after paypal payment is received. I will only be able to reply until 4pm EST today] then I will post again on Monday, as I will be away this weekend.] Thank you!

I have: {8} codes left.

I'll buy one, I'll send you a PM right now!

Spookie

Selling Skyrim on the PC for £22. I was charged twice and received two keys. I've no hope of a refund and just want rid of. Payment via Paypal and the key is forwarded to you. PS fuck gamesplanet.com :(

Spookie said:
Selling Skyrim on the PC for £22. I was charged twice and received two keys. I've no hope of a refund and just want rid of. Payment via Paypal and the key is forwarded to you. PS fuck gamesplanet.com :(
PMd

NewFresh

WTS or Trade

Skyrim
(Steam Key)

Would like to trade for Xbo360 copy (Will pay for shipping) or sell for $50

I did a similar trade for rage with sk3tch and everything went smoothly.

Looking to trade for Modern Warfare 3 (PS3). My offer for MW3 is pick any two from the below, but also interested in offers for those not interested in trading.

Batman: Arkham City (PS3) (No Catwoman/Robin DLC)
Red Dead Redemption (PS3)
LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3)
Amazon.com $20 promotion code (good for use on any item sold by Amazon.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom