• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobe

odd request but WTB

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 US Cover and manual.
have to be able to ship internationally tho. PM to arrange prices.

Selling

Darksiders 2, includes Argul's Tomb code and lithographic slip-cover(360) - $40 shipped

Rhythm Thief- $23 shipped

GAF Gold, buy with confidence!

TriAceJP

WTB:

3DS XL

Ragnarok Odyssey (Asia, Japanese Voice/English Text)

Final Fantasy XIII (Asia, Japanese Voice/English Text)

I've got two complete copies of Final Fantasy IV for the GBA. Looking for $17.99 shipped for each via paypal.

$(KGrHqZ,!n4F!F2WCk-TBQKWV6G4f!~~60_57.JPG

WTS:
Joe Danger 2 XBLA code - $10/£7
(code should work worldwide)

I Don't have any feedback from this website on selling/buying stuff but i have 2 ebay accounts which i can message you from for proof with some form of feedback

Hahaha, you couldn't even wait until the promotion was over?

Clipse

WTS:

- Xbox 360 Slim (250GB / Matte Black) w/ extra wireless controller, Chatpad + Headset, Play and Charge Kit x2 and Media Remote - $180 shipped

- MadCatz Super Street Fighter IV Tournament Edition-S FightStick (White) for the Xbox 360. Only been used maybe 5 times and was always packed in it's box after each use. - $85 shipped

- Persona 4: Arena (Xbox 360) w/ unopened soundtrack CD - $35 shipped

** I accept PayPal only, either as a gift or you can pay extra to cover the fee. **

AwRy108

Still looking to sell this stuff.

I'm mildly interested in your 360 bundle--any chance you could thoroughly describe the condition of the console, etc.? I think I'm the only remaining American who doesn't own a 360, but your bundle looks pretty sweet.

NYCrooner

For Sale - $400 w/shipping OBO

***Looking to sell as complete bundle. Will considering breaking up if I get no bites***

Hardware: (All original packaging for Xbox and Kinect)
  • Xbox 360 S (250 GB)
  • Kinect w/TV mount for flat screens
  • 2 controllers (pack-in black and transforming d-pad silver)
  • Nyko charge base S
  • 8 GB official Xbox 360 thumb drive

Games: (All complete with case and manuals)
  • The Godfather
  • GTA IV
  • Red Dead Redemption
  • Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition
  • Need For Speed Hot Pursuit
  • WWE All-Stars
  • NBA 2K11
  • MLB 2K11
  • FIFA '11
  • Madden '10
  • Kinect Sports
  • Kinect Adventures
  • The Simpsons Hit & Run (original Xbox)

photo.jpg

sk3tch

Does anyone here know Costcosaurus personally (he's now banned from NeoGAF due to unrelated issues that I am unaware of)? He initiated a chargeback with his credit card company for the PayPal gift he sent me back in June for a GTX 680 that I sold him for $450 shipped. I submitted tracking info to PayPal (it was successfully delivered - and I shipped it fully insured and with signature required), but they've charged me $450 until this is resolved.

It's a real bummer. I emailed him (I don't expect a response) - but it seems he thinks that he can take advantage of the "system" and get a free 680 plus his money - unfortunately, that's not the case. PayPal is going to take the money from me for the chargeback. I let him know as much in a very level headed email (at least considering the circumstances) and I left him my cell phone number in case he wants to chat.

Just a real bummer. Now it's up to PayPal to dispute this on my behalf and I imagine if the credit card company does not rule in my favor (despite my evidence of PMs and shipping with tracking/etc.) I am surely SOL because it was a gift payment and not standard PayPal.

So - just a word of warning to sellers out there. Document, insure, etc. - make sure your cover your tracks. The sale apparently doesn't end anymore when the person receives your item and is happy with it (he never contacted me to state otherwise and I shared my ph# with him from day 1 so he could reach me ASAP if there were problems).

Sigh.

EDIT: he has contacted me and he is working to resolve it. I will keep everyone posted.

Does anyone here know Costcosaurus personally (he's now banned from NeoGAF due to unrelated issues that I am unaware of)? He initiated a chargeback with his credit card company for the PayPal gift he sent me back in June for a GTX 680 that I sold him for $450 shipped. I submitted tracking info to PayPal (it was successfully delivered - and I shipped it fully insured and with signature required), but they've charged me $450 until this is resolved.

It's a real bummer. I emailed him (I don't expect a response) - but it seems he thinks that he can take advantage of the "system" and get a free 680 plus his money - unfortunately, that's not the case. PayPal is going to take the money from me for the chargeback. I let him know as much in a very level headed email (at least considering the circumstances) and I left him my cell phone number in case he wants to chat.

Just a real bummer. Now it's up to PayPal to dispute this on my behalf and I imagine if the credit card company does not rule in my favor (despite my evidence of PMs and shipping with tracking/etc.) I am surely SOL because it was a gift payment and not standard PayPal.

So - just a word of warning to sellers out there. Document, insure, etc. - make sure your cover your tracks. The sale apparently doesn't end anymore when the person receives your item and is happy with it (he never contacted me to state otherwise and I shared my ph# with him from day 1 so he could reach me ASAP if there were problems).

Sigh.

I remember that dude. What a piece of shit; I hope everything goes right for you.

Joba62x

Neo Member
I have a preorder DLC code N7 Warfare Gear from gamestop for the 360. This is for 3 in game items in Mass Effect 3, the Valkyrie and M-55 Argus assault rifles and N7 Defender Armor.

I would like to trade it for XBLA points or a code for Spelunky on 360.

Aselith

I remember that dude. What a piece of shit; I hope everything goes right for you.

Seriously, he seemed like a good dude when I dealt with him but I guess that was only while he wanted to continue trading here. Not like he can say it was he couldn't contact you about an issue either since he had your paypal email.

Sora_N

Sigh.

What a scumbag. It's not unbelievable that someone would do that but it's still so scummy.

The M.O.B

I always figured the dark side of this thread would be somebody who builds up good rep and then "cashes out" but either taking something really valuable and screwing the seller or Selling something for a lot and never sending it.

Sucks that this happened Sketch. You took every pre-caution and your still stuck in a rut. Hope you get your money back someway.

toneroni

I also thought that since it was a gift payment paypal should tell him he's SOL. Paypal and ebay etc already seem to screw the sellers...

AwRy108

Sigh.

I actually purchased a CPU/mobo/RAM combo from him at the end of July, and the transaction was quite bumpy: he shipped everything in such poor packaging that one of the RAM sticks was DOA, and I'm still shocked that everything else survived. We went back and forth over the issue until I threatened to start a PayPal dispute unless he payed for the replacement cost of the RAM. He complied, but not without further argument. I left him positive feedback because, in the end, he made the situation right.

He had been banned from GAF shortly after our transaction started, so much of our communication occurred via gmail, during which he begged me to plead with the GAF mods to reinstate his membership or he--and I quote--"would rather die". He also included a hand written note in the [poorly packaged] shipment that contained roughly the same request. Yikes. I, of course, gently refused his requests. I tried to console him by pointing to other popular gaming forums for him to join, and also by telling him that getting banned from GAF isn't the end of the world (shocking, I know). We had know further communication, though I did have to ignore a Linkden request from him, too.

He seemed like a nice enough guy, just not mature enough to be someone I would ever do business with again. Between the requests he made and the posts that got him perma-banned (I did a bit of digging after things started getting weird), it quickly became clear that he needed to see a psychologist or, at the very least, bond with some real life people, rather than a bunch of strangers on internet forums. In other words, my take away was: he had good intentions, but was also rather troubled; however, after reading about Flame Lord's recent dealings with him, I'm starting to doubt the former statement.

IrishNinja

I always figured the dark side of this thread would be somebody who builds up good rep and then "cashes out" but either taking something really valuable and screwing the seller or Selling something for a lot and never sending it.

FEEDBACK UPDATE

Gold

IrishNinja

related: selling Mega Man Legends 3 (with mint Earthbound 64), also klopman diamonds - paypal gift only please PM for prices

seriously, sorry to hear that sk3tch, can he chargeback a gift though?

gurudyne

To Trade

Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate Edition (like new)
Prototype
Borderlands: GOTY

Wanted

Shadows of the Damned
Rock Band: Green Day
WWE: All Stars
Arkham City
Halo: Reach

PS2
GTA: Vice City Stories

Not much, but I thought I'd try this before heading to eBay. PM me any offers.

Really helps if you let us know what you want for them - and what system they are on.

Lolwhoops. Fixed.

Dwayne

poor packaging
Doh.
We went back and forth over the issue until I threatened to start a PayPal dispute unless he payed for the replacement cost of the RAM.
Blegh.
further argument
Gah.
not mature enough to be someone I would ever do business with again.
Makes sense.
WTF. Neutral at best. Giving him a positive is just reinforcing that he's a great trader, when he's obviously not.

kennah

To Sell/Trade

Dragon Age: Origins: Ultimate Edition (like new)
Prototype

Not much, but I thought I'd try this before heading to eBay. PM me any offers.

Really helps if you let us know what you want for them - and what system they are on.

related: selling Mega Man Legends 3 (with mint Earthbound 64), also klopman diamonds - paypal gift only please PM for prices

seriously, sorry to hear that sk3tch, can he chargeback a gift though?

PM'd

I'm selling 3 iPhone 4 16GB GSM AT&T models [black]

I'd rate them:

9.2/10 - has a few hairline [1 or 2] scratches on the front screen. [My own personal phone]
images coming soon

9.6/10 - Basically flawless, has no visible scratches but was used for facetime a decent amount. [Brother's Phone]
http://imgur.com/a/EGzrb#0

10/10 - Flawless, was kept in Otter Giant case from purchase. [Father's Phone, purchased ~5 months ago]
images coming soon

All of them include original packaging and Wall charger [no headphones]. None of them were EVER dropped or mishandled. Pictures upon request. I was looking for around 280-300-325 in order of condition
[ALL can be UNLOCKED upon request]

Otter Case can be included with any of the purchases for 20 bucks [has like 6 months warranty still]

Koroviev

Sigh.

EDIT: he has contacted me and he is working to resolve it. I will keep everyone posted.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think this is also a reminder that we should continue to caution buyers and sellers against utilizing the gift option. It's simply not worth it to risk having an expensive transaction fall apart over a small fraction of the cost.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Not to beat a dead horse, but I think this is also a reminder that we should continue to caution buyers and sellers against utilizing the gift option. It's simply not worth it to risk having an expensive transaction fall apart over a small fraction of the cost.

I agree but some buyers prefer that option.

In all honestly, I think a person can chargeback a gift payment awesome.

sk3tch

I agree but some buyers prefer that option.

In all honestly, I think a person can chargeback a gift payment awesome.

It's common sense, really - this is why you should fund your PayPal transactions (or just riskier ones) with your credit card (instead of bank account) - it gives you an additional layer of protection in case something goes wrong (and the seller/buyer won't resolve, and PayPal can't fix it). So gift or no gift - same result.

Quick update - he wanted to return the card (after almost 3 months of having it) because I guess his parents are pissed he bought it and it took them this long to find out. I told him I could not do this due to the time elapsed and the depreciation and I offered him less money with the request that he would send it first so I could validate it is OK. He countered with a higher price than I stated so I just told him to go sell it on eBay or Craigslist. He then stated he promised I would get my money back - whatever that means. So, I guess we'll see what's up in the near future. Meanwhile I have a -$450 hold on my PayPal account which I either have to pay back or just wait out until this is resolved. Really crappy because I have a ton of stuff I'd like to sell on eBay for my bro.

NoRéN

The issue here was a chargeback not the paypal payment category. The chargeback could have been done with a regular payment as well.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
It's common sense, really - this is why you should fund your PayPal transactions (or just riskier ones) with your credit card (instead of bank account) - it gives you an additional layer of protection in case something goes wrong (and the seller/buyer won't resolve, and PayPal can't fix it). So gift or no gift - same result.

Right, I normally fund with paypal balance or credit card. I tend to not have a direct transaction go through my bank account unless its something I am sure of.

sorry you are going through it, it sucks I am sure.

vocab

DS: Elite Beat Agents $10
DS: Hotel Dusk 215 $12
DS: Phoenix Wright $20
DS: Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin $20
DS: Dawn of Sorrow $20

PS2 - Xenosaga 1 and 2 $13 together.

PS3 - Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel Complete with premium box. Disc and book was never touched. Sealed only removed to check contents. $50

PC: Non Reference Sapphire 5850 - $80.

Want: TT2 (Ps3)
Money

Prices are negotiable.

AwRy108

WTF. Neutral at best. Giving him a positive is just reinforcing that he's a great trader, when he's obviously not.

I made the judgement call to give him positive feedback b/c he saw the transaction through to the end, even though it meant him taking a greater loss on goods that he was already selling for a huge discount. The main issue came from poor packaging during shipping, something he clearly did out of ignorance, and not out of some type of vengeance.

I know that people aren't perfect, so I tend to give them the benefit of the doubt as long as they make an effort to correct the situation; and I would hope that others would show me the same sort of respect.

NeOak

WTS:

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia: $20
Tetris Axis: $15
Dead or Alive Dimensions: $15
Metal Gear Solid 3D: $25
Starfox 64 3D: $25

Okamiden DS Stylus (sealed): $15

Prices are shipped. I take paypal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom