• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuYuri

For sale, US addresses only please.

PS1
Final Fantasy VIII (complete/some small cracks on case) - $20
Final Fantasy IX (complete/some small cracks on case) - $20
Final Fantasy Chronicles (complete/one small crack on case) - $15

Xbox
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (complete) - $5
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (complete) - $5
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (complete) - $5
Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood (complete) - $5

Gamecube
Baten Kaitos: Origins (sealed)- $12
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (complete) - $10
Killer 7 (complete) - $5 shipped
LoZ: Twilight Princess (complete) - $10
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (Player's Choice, complete) - $10
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (sealed) - $10
Resident Evil (complete) - $10
Resident Evil Zero (Player's Choice, complete) - $10
Resident Evil 2 (complete) - $10
Sonic Gems Collection (complete) - $5
Sonic Mega Collection (Player's Choice, complete) - $5
Sonic Adventure DX: Director's Cut (Player's Choice, complete) - $5
Super Mario Sunshine (Player's Choice, complete) - $8
Tales of Symphonia (complete) - $10
Star Fox Assault (Player's Choice, complete) - $8

Please PM any questions. I have 100% positive feedback on Ebay and Amazon.

EDIT: Please no more PMs about GAMECUBE games, I'm getting swamped in offers. :)

EDIT 2: For anyone who has PMed me and I didn't answer, either you didn't read my bit about US only, didn't read my above edit, or I've got a backlog of requests/offers asking for the same game as you and I'm waiting on potential payment. Please be patient with me for a bit longer. I am striking games off the list as soon as there is an exchange of money. :)

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
bump for new page

anyone have a one month xbox live code they would be willing to sell for cheap? I have paypal, thanks

I have a 3-month code. I was asking $16.50; but if you get back to me soon, I'll do $14 via PP Gift.

Anustart

Leaving immensely positive feedback for asdad123

Not only did he pay immediately after stating his interest, but he did so with a purchase from a junior with no questions asked and helped me out of a jam by buying my pc.

So thank you asdad123, you have no idea how much this helped me, I greatly appreciate it.

Risible

Anyone have an extra Dota 2 beta key they are selling? Want to get one for my son who has been expressing an interest in the game while watching Daddy play :).

Thanks!

asdad123

Im selling my M11xR2 since I just bought a desktop PC from KMD.

Specifications: i5 520um (overclocks to 166mhz)
4gb RAM
250gb HDD
1gb gt335m
11.6 1366x768 Display
In home Next Business Day Warranty until October 2014 which can be transferred to the buyer.

The laptop itself is in good condition (I would rate it 8/10).

I will be including a Razer Orochi Bluetooth mouse as well as a Orion Messenger bag made specifically for the M11x.

Im looking for $700 shipped in the US. The extended warranty itself cost me nearly $400.

photo1.jpg

NYCrooner

Beats By Dr. Dre Tour and/or Solo
$125 each

Both are near mint considering I only used them for a couple of weeks each. I bought them for my train commute but now I drive.

Both come with full packaging and are OFFICIAL items purchased at Best Buy, not those stupid knock offs.

This seller is just completely obnoxious to deal with. A PayPal dispute will be going out today. I really can't deal with this crap anymore.

Just remember that Costcosaurus PM'd it to me.

Folks avoid this user: IcyRhythms

Hmm. I bought a similar bundle (sealed vita+2 games) from this user last week. He shipped it overnight within 3 days of payment (but no tracking number) and even added insurance on it. Maybe he should be given a chance to respond.

Hmm. I bought a similar bundle (sealed vita+2 games) from this user last week. He shipped it overnight within 3 days of payment (but no tracking number) and even added insurance on it. Maybe he should be given a chance to respond.

For now he goes on the negative feedback list. If he resolves the issues with Costcosaurs we can always take him off of it.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Just remember that Costcosaurus PM'd it to me.

Folks avoid this user: IcyRhythms

added to negative list.

See that makes me wonder, though if he sold you the same bundle and you got yours. Did Costcosaurus even have a chance at getting a vita bundle or was he getting played?

added to negative list.

See that makes me wonder, though if he sold you the same bundle and you got yours. Did Costcosaurus even have a chance at getting a vita bundle or was he getting played?

I've got a PM into the guy explaining that he needs to get his shit together and resolve his issue with Costcosaurus. Also informed him that he's now on the negative feedback list. Not entirely sure I'll get a response, but wanted to put things in his court and give him an FYI.

Nekobo

Shipping in the US (I can ship abroad for a few extra bucks). NeoGAF plus seller, so buy with confidence!

All games include the case and inserts.

PS2 games:
Atelier Iris $15 shipped

Nintendo DS games :
Devil Survivor $18 shipped
Knights in the Nightmare (includes slip case and cd): $14 shipped
Bleach DS (japanese): $10 shipped

PS Vita 4 Gig card: $10 shipped
Game Boy Micro (20th Anniversary Edition, aka the Famicom model)

What seems fishy about this whole ordeal is that when I asked him for a tracking number the first time, he completely ignored that and just told me bullshit with no proof. I still have yet to receive a response to my second PM I sent to him asking the same question about a tracking number, and I sent this PM almost immediately after he responded to the first PM.

UPDATE: I just now got a PM from him saying my package should be here between today and Thursday. I will post another update if I receive this package.

EYEL1NER

UPDATE: I just now got a PM from him saying my package should be here between today and Thursday. I will post another update if I receive this package.
Hope things work out. But you'll have PayPal on your side if they don't, I suppose. Just don't let yourself get strung along. That's how I got gotten, was by being strung along for just over the amount of time that PayPal will do anything.

not ready to leave feedback for Costcosaurus as I don't really know what his final decision for myself will be

I told him I understood his frustrations about my lack of communication but also told that his items are on the way. I hope he receives them soon.

I feel the buyer was a bit impatient and could have at least gave me until the end of the week to respond. I'm a very busy person and he doesn't seem to care about that at all. Costcosaurus actually cursed at me at one point and made a bit of a threat saying I was "lucky" he didn't contact Paypal as of yet. As if he wouldn't have got the money back under Paypal's protection anyway...

I take responsibility for my own actions and understand if my feedback is to remain a negative one. But as I told the buyer, some things in life are out of immediate control. I hope he and I can come to more of an understanding and can do business again in the future. If we can't, I understand that as well :)

Neverfade

Shot in the dark here, but i got the Star Wars Kinect bundle and have the game sealed for sale. PM me if you're a masochist and want it.

That being said, I also have my old Xbox to get rid of. If interested in a Jasper unit (120GB) PM me.

Virtua Tennis for PSVita also for sale.

Selling a used Canon 40D Digital SLR camera. Comes with a 50mm 1.8 lens with hood and UV filter, 2x2GB CF cards, CF card reader, USB cable, battery/charger.

Everything is in excellent condition, no scratches on camera body or lens. Adult owned. I still have the original manuals for everything as well.

Looking for $430 shipped.

SOLD

not ready to leave feedback for Costcosaurus as I don't really know what his final decision for myself will be

I told him I understood his frustrations about my lack of communication but also told that his items are on the way. I hope he receives them soon.

I feel the buyer was a bit impatient and could have at least gave me until the end of the week to respond. I'm a very busy person and he doesn't seem to care about that at all. Costcosaurus actually cursed at me at one point and made a bit of a threat saying I was "lucky" he didn't contact Paypal as of yet. As if he wouldn't have got the money back under Paypal's protection anyway...

I take responsibility for my own actions and understand if my feedback is to remain a negative one. But as I told the buyer, some things in life are out of immediate control. I hope he and I can come to more of an understanding and can do business again in the future. If we can't, I understand that as well :)

First off, thanks for posting this. We never like to put anyone on the negative feedback list, and hopefully once you get things squared away with Costcosaurus, we can take you off of it.

However, we all need to remember to conduct ourselves in a productive and positive way, whether being a buyer or a seller. It sounds like Costocosaurus paid you a lot of money, and I know if I did that, I'd like to know that my payment didn't just disappear into the ether. I realize just as much as the next guy that real-life can put a cramp on getting in touch with someone, etc, but when hundreds of dollars come into play, it's something that needs to be taken care of. Communication is the key to success in this thread and I hope that everyone here plays by that one important rule.

NoRéN

If I'm paying hundreds of dollars for something, you're damn right I expect some prompt communication. Nothing like buying something then not hearing back from the seller.

PMing someone doesn't take more than a few seconds. If life's too hectic, maybe it's best to hold off on engaging in selling transactions until your busy schedule allows you to be able to do so in a professional manner.

NoRéN;36621063 said:
If I'm paying hundreds of dollars for something, you're damn right I expect some prompt communication. Nothing like buying something then not hearing back from the seller.

PMing someone doesn't take more than a few seconds. If life's too hectic, maybe it's best to hold off on engaging in selling transactions until your busy schedule allows you to be able to do so in a professional manner.

Again, I said I understood all of that. He is covered through Paypal and has little to worry about even if the amount were $1000+.

10/10 the online buyer stands to lose nothing because they are covered through the companies respective policies.

I respect any and all opinions on the matter, though.

NoRéN

Again, I said I understood all of that. He is covered through Paypal and has little to worry about even if the amount were $1000+.

10/10 the online buyer stands to lose nothing because they are covered through the companies respective policies.

That was good of you to accept the payment as a regular payment and take a hit on the fees. I know it's been recommended plenty by KoreanBarbecue and many others but I've run into a few people who refused to accept a paypal payment other than by gift. So, good on you for that.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
NoRéN;36621294 said:
That was good of you to accept the payment as a regular payment and take a hit on the fees. I know it's been recommended plenty by KoreanBarbecue and many others but I've run into a few people who refused to accept a paypal payment other than by gift. So, good on you for that.

There is normally ways around that of gift.

payment+3% fees

or make sure its coming not from a credit card, so people cannot dispute from their credit card company.

Yes, that's all true - the buyer would be protected via PayPal if you didn't deliver the goods. It's mainly just a conduct issue - we all expect folks here to be good communicators when it comes to buying/selling/trading. Just because someone knows that they'd be covered in the event of getting ripped off doesn't necessarily make it any less anxiety-inducing when the person they're buying from is slow to respond or entirely unresponsive.

In the long run, I hope it's lesson learned. Costcosaurs learns that maybe he should give folks a bit more time in communicating via PM. And, you, learn that despite crazy life stuff, it behooves you to be a bit more flexible with communications out to your buyer.

NoRéN;36621294 said:

I'm not sure if I've ever condoned 100% paying via PayPal Gift. ;)

I mainly use it for a pretty small circle of folks here, mainly those that I've done business with multiple times either as a buyer or seller. In most cases, though I recommend not using Gift, if only for the extra security measures in case someone tries to rip someone else off. As always, caveat emptor.

NoRéN

There is normally ways around that of gift.

payment+3% fees

or make sure its coming not from a credit card, so people cannot dispute from their credit card company.
I can't remember exactly who, possibly xaosslug, shared this link with me.
http://ppcalc.com/
Pretty useful to determine how much fees will be. It's something like 2% +35 cents or something.

But I've run into people asking for an extra 5% to "cover fees".

I'm not sure if I've ever condoned 100% paying via PayPal Gift. ;)

I mainly use it for a pretty small circle of folks here, mainly those that I've done business with multiple times either as a buyer or seller. In most cases, though I recommend not using Gift, if only for the extra security measures in case someone tries to rip someone else off. As always, caveat emptor.
My wording was weird. I meant that you and others highly recommend NOT sending payments by gift.
My bathroom's being remodeled and the noise is sure doing wonders for my concentration.

Dave Long

Banned
Not to mention using the "Gift" designation is against their terms and they could take action against your account down the line...

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
NoRéN;36621547 said:
I can't remember exactly who, possibly xaosslug, shared this link with me.
http://ppcalc.com/
Pretty useful to determine how much fees will be. It's something like 2% +35 cents or something.

But I've run into people asking for an extra 5% to "cover fees".

yeah 5% is a bit much, I normally keep it at the 3% and I eat the other fees.

Not to mention using the "Gift" designation is against their terms and they could take action against your account down the line...

truth, but as most people, you use this with caution and if the ability to trust the seller is there.

Aselith

im selling fifa and virtua tennis on the Vita for 29.99 on Amazon

Should be the cheapest used price. all like new, comes with case and everything. will erase game save data on the cards
Is that an attempt to get around the no outside sales rule by simply telling people about it? Why don't you just sell it here?

im selling fifa and virtua tennis on the Vita for 29.99 on Amazon

Should be the cheapest used price. all like new, comes with case and everything. will erase game save data on the cards

Take this down, sorry. Don't link to/mention items for sale that are outside of this board. If you have stuff to sell, sell it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom