• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocab

WTS UMVC(PS3) $15 or trade for BBCSEX or KOF13 (PS3)

Also, I'm looking to sell a Madcatz Round 1 (PS3) Stick In Great condition. Has one minor micro scratch on the black base. Comes with Box (excellent condition), and two button plugs are in place of the 7th and 8th button. I'm looking for $105 for it.

uoa8fHY.jpg

drizzle

Axel Hertz
(EDIT: Sorry, I'm actually confused what point you're arguing. If you're for Paypal fees, then these arguments apply to you. If you're just arguing that there IS a risk with buying stuff online no matter what, then I guess that's true with international shipments. However, in that situation, it's your responsibility to only buy from trusted vendors/sellers and if you can't trust anyone, then don't purchase international.)

I'm both saying that YES, there are risks and YES, there should be a fee to cover these risks.

My "I'm an international buyer" example was just one instance where there is even a greater risk: I'll pay the fee, but I won't get protected after 45 days (and sometimes, I don't get the product in that time slot).

Sure, the system is exploitable - most systems are. I just don't understand why people are so mad towards paypal (and the way that they, apparently, side with the buyer) when the buyer can also just call their bank and issue a charge back directly from the Credit Card.

How is that different than what Paypal provides? The main problem, imo, is that it's too easy for buyers to screw sellers over. From most of the stories told around here, there's almost no "investigation" that goes on by paypal.

And I still think you should cover the fees when listing prices. You want to sell something for 10 bucks? Say it's 15 bucks through paypal.

Another thing that I find quite amusing: Pretty much every seller wants a Gift payment so the buyer can't ask for the money back. But what guarantee I, the buyer, have that you'll send whatever you're selling me if I CANNOT request my money back if something goes wrong?

Trust goes both ways.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bottom line is if you're selling, make sure to specify if the buyer pays the fees. If you don't declare it, they don't expect to pay it and you should eat that cost.

It's one thing to say "$5 for this" and when a buyer sees that, they just spend 5. You gotta specify.

Wichu

Vita owner here, looking to play some US exclusive PS1 classics. So:

WTB: $50 PSN code

Will pay by Amazon Payments, or PayPal.

Nevermind, sorted it myself.

SmokeMaxX

I'm both saying that YES, there are risks and YES, there should be a fee to cover these risks.

My "I'm an international buyer" example was just one instance where there is even a greater risk: I'll pay the fee, but I won't get protected after 45 days (and sometimes, I don't get the product in that time slot).

Sure, the system is exploitable - most systems are. I just don't understand why people are so mad towards paypal (and the way that they, apparently, side with the buyer) when the buyer can also just call their bank and issue a charge back directly from the Credit Card.

How is that different than what Paypal provides? The main problem, imo, is that it's too easy for buyers to screw sellers over. From most of the stories told around here, there's almost no "investigation" that goes on by paypal.

And I still think you should cover the fees when listing prices. You want to sell something for 10 bucks? Say it's 15 bucks through paypal.

Another thing that I find quite amusing: Pretty much every seller wants a Gift payment so the buyer can't ask for the money back. But what guarantee I, the buyer, have that you'll send whatever you're selling me if I CANNOT request my money back if something goes wrong?

Trust goes both ways.
Paypal charges a $20-30 chargeback fee even if you could prove 100% that you didn't scam the customer. It's bad enough you lose your item and the money, but guess what? Now you get hit by a fee because "Paypal did the best they could" representing you. Paypal's useful in its own way, but obviously it's better for all parties if you have a service that has no fees, has protection, actually does an ounce of investigation, and doesn't charge a ridiculous chargeback fee (Amazon Payments). Obviously it's the better option in this scenario; it's just vastly less popular. I've tried to push it on buyers and most don't want to use it.

If you think sellers should cover prices, that's fine for you to say. However, everyone knows that those fees will get passed along to the buyers anyway- for most sellers. If I want $35 for something, you're saying I should list it for $35 + 3-4% right? Well what difference does that make? If you were already going to pay the fee, it's the same price for you but what about those who weren't going to pay the fee? Just because sellers request gift payments doesn't mean that anybody's forced to use it. As long as I receive $35, I don't care if you send me a check in the mail or show up at my door. It just makes it more expensive for those who don't want to pay fees.

And as I've explained before, the buyer doesn't need to trust the seller. Don't get your item? Talk to your credit card or bank. I don't know how it is where you live, but here in the USA, pretty much every bank/credit card offers zero liability for fraudulent transactions. There's your protection right there.

M3z_

Steam/Origin/Uplay codes

Bioshock Infinite $20 (1 of them)

Official_cover_art_for_Bioshock_Infinite.jpg

Far Cry Blood Dragon $5 (1 of them) Uplay

far-cry-3-blood-dragon-cheats.jpg

Tomb Raider $15 (1 of them)

m_tombraider_03.jpg

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Mega positive feedback for seller lordy88.

Great communication and flexible! :)

lordy88

Super positive feedback for buyer El_TigroX

Very easy to work with, was willing to pay first, and was able to change payment easily for my own convenience. Quick and excellent transaction!

Hey all!

I reeeally want a copy of either Pokemon Heartgold or Soulsilver. Apparently I either lost my old copy or sold it, but I still have the outer box and a pokewalker, so all I need is the cart! I have a bunch of stuff to trade, including, but not limited to, the following:

A Link to the Past w/ manual (SNES)
Super Mario World w/ manual (SNES)
Donkey Kong Country 1-3 w/ manual (SNES) (I may be missing a manual for two)
Super Mario 64 (N64)

And a bunch more random DS games and stuff. Also, I gots teh Paypal.

Thanks all!

So I got a big one!

I want to sell my original PLAYSTATION 3 (20gb), the all black launch one. So FULL backwards compatibility!

And it will also come with;
250gb HDD (I put this in, it's fast!)
HDMI Cable
Original Box (yea I kept it that long, for this day!)
Controller (some use to it)
Free month Plus (for you guys only haha, why not?)

It's in good condition for it being with me so long, I took good care of it. It does have minor scratches throughout though, usual console wear and tear ect.

It's this one:
ps3_20gb.jpg

ps3-20-gig.jpg

(I'll miss you buddy! Take care of him for me. *kisses console face*)

I'm asking $300 (or 299 if you feel that's nicer), it's much cheaper than what I'm asking for elsewhere because I trust gaf and it'll be less of a hassle here.
So let me know if interested! This is an incredibly old GAF account (for me) and my official name for everything. So you can trust me 100% with this transaction, safest place to do it I feel.

Thanks! Let me know :)

Still really need to get rid of this stuff. Here is what is left.

As before, if you see something you are interested in, PM me with even a semi-reasonable price, and it's probably yours. Not to create a hostage situation or anything, but I really need to clean house so whatever you guys don't buy is likely going in the trash.

Some new items added

For PS1
Chrono Cross
Grandia
Final Fantasy Anthology

For 360
Oblivion
Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition (all expansions included)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

For Gamecube
Tales of Symphonia
Super Mario Sunshine
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Ikaruga
Resident Evil 2
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
FZEROGX
Star Wars Rouge Leader
Medal of Honor Frontline
Eternal Darkness
The Simpsons Hit and Run
XIII
Need for Speed Underground 2
Spartan Total Warrior
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

For Gameboy Advance
- All games used, no box or instructions-
Yggdra Union
Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis
Super Robot Taisen
Super Robot Taisen 2
FFIV

For Gameboy

- all games used, no instructions or box-
Pokemon Silver
Harvest Moon 2
Dragon Warrior Monsters

For DS
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

Hardware
XBOX 360 (original phat model, arcade, no controller, comes with memory card)
Nintendo DS Lite (black, barely perceptible scratch on top screen, can only see when system is off)

Books
Dragon Quest IV BradyGames Strategy Guide
Dragon Quest V BradyGames Strategy Guide
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Nintendo Power Strategy Guide
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Prima Strategy Guide
Fire Emblem 7 Nintendo Power Strategy Guide
Tales of Symphonia BradyGames Strategy Guide

PayPal gifts ONLY. Trades also considered. NeoGAF Plus rated seller, buy with confidence!

Have (Steam keys):

AiojtTz.png

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine - $5

7Q4ijTi.png

Darksiders - $4

engfFGU.png

Red Faction Armageddon - $4

Want (Steam gifts/keys):

Don't Starve
Kentucky Route Zero
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Dust: An Elysian Tail
The Swapper
Gunpoint

Humble Bundle for Android #3 (BTA full link)

Istaerion

Positive Seller Feedback for zychi!

User provided excellent communication as well as delivered his/her merchandise hassle free & in tip-top shape.

Still really need to get rid of this stuff. Here is what is left.

As before, if you see something you are interested in, PM me with even a semi-reasonable price, and it's probably yours. Not to create a hostage situation or anything, but I really need to clean house so whatever you guys don't buy is likely going in the trash.

Some new items added

For PS1
Chrono Cross
Grandia
Final Fantasy Anthology

For 360
Oblivion
Fallout 3 Game of the Year Edition (all expansions included)
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection

For Gamecube
Tales of Symphonia
Super Mario Sunshine
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
Ikaruga
Resident Evil 2
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 4
Metroid Prime
Metroid Prime 2
FZEROGX
Star Wars Rouge Leader
Medal of Honor Frontline
Eternal Darkness
The Simpsons Hit and Run
XIII
Need for Speed Underground 2
Spartan Total Warrior
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland

For Gameboy Advance
- All games used, no box or instructions-
Yggdra Union
Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis
Super Robot Taisen
Super Robot Taisen 2
FFIV

For Gameboy

- all games used, no instructions or box-
Pokemon Silver
Harvest Moon 2
Dragon Warrior Monsters

For DS
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon

Hardware
XBOX 360 (original phat model, arcade, no controller, comes with memory card)
Nintendo DS Lite (black, barely perceptible scratch on top screen, can only see when system is off)

Books
Dragon Quest IV BradyGames Strategy Guide
Dragon Quest V BradyGames Strategy Guide
Fire Emblem Path of Radiance Nintendo Power Strategy Guide
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn Prima Strategy Guide
Fire Emblem 7 Nintendo Power Strategy Guide
Tales of Symphonia BradyGames Strategy Guide

PM'd

Jomjom

Banned
WTB:

Unused Onion Helm code (FFXIV)
Unused Garlond Google code (FFXIV)

These are kind of odd requests, but I'm hoping someone bought the original FFXIV and played it, hated it, and didn't redeem the item codes. If you don't plan on playing ARR, please sell me the codes, I will be eternally grateful and be your bestest friend in the world.

Vaco6121

WTS: Would prefer to ship within the US, but will ship worldwide, buyer covers the extra shipping cost. Paypal or Amazon payments. Shipping included in prices. Unless noted everything is like new to very good conditions. Feel free to make offers.

Vita:

Virtue's Last Reward- $30

Beth Cyra

Drops in prices and added OBO to several. Something major has come up, and really need as much money as I can get. Won't bore anyone with the details as it really shouldn't matter to buyers, but any offers or purchases and I will be extremely grateful.

If Pictures are needed or wanted, feel free to ask in PM and I will get them to you straight away.

All large items (Stick, Console, Infinite) +10 for shipping to cover tracking and insurance.

WTT/S
PC
Mass Effect 3 N7 Edition PC (New/Sealed) 20$ SOLD

Wii
Pandora's Tower Wii (New/Sealed) 30$
The Last Story CE/Sound Track - 40$ Brand/New Sealed

GBA
Metroid Fusion GBA - Sticker is faded, but it works perfectly. 13.00$
Legend of Zelda Minish Cap - Cover is in great condition but has no cover or manual. 18.00$
Final Fantasy VI Advance - Comes with Box and all the inserts, Cart is in Great condition though the back of the box has been crushed in somewhat. 26.00$ SOLD

Bioshock Infinite Ultimate Songbird Edition (Brand New/Sealed) 115$ OBO SOLD

DS
Metroid Prime Hunters DS - Good Condition, has original packaging and materials - 10$

3DS
Casltevania Lords of Shadow Mirror of Fate: 25$

360 Arcade Fightstick
BlazBlue CS Limited Edition White FS, great condition and comes with original packaging. 80.00$ OBO

PS3

Final Fantasy XIII Lightning PS3 Hardware - The system no longer reads disks, but it works perfectly outside of that. So all digital content plays perfectly fine. 200$ OBO Has box and all original content. The system is in great condition physically, the controller however has seen some wear because I gave the white one to my children as I don't care for white controllers. SOLD

CatPee

Belated positive buyer feedback to Axispowers.

Selling:

Bioshock Infinite (Steam): $16

Tomb Raider (Steam): $14

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon (Uplay) - $3

Wanted:

USB Wii Sensor Bar
Xbox 360 Wired Controller/Logitech F510
Valkyria Chronicles

Formerly Neogaf Gold, so buy with confidence, yadda yadda.

Rtas

Positive feedback for seller M3z_ code was sent immediately after payment and he responded to inquiries without delay.

Paypal:
Have the following Steam games:

Deadlight.... 2.50 Blindrocket got this.
Guardian of Light.....2.75 Whooter got this.
Toy Soldiers..... 2.00
Lucid....0.75
SO: TL....3.00 hospitaldriver got this.
Frozen Synapse(gift).....3.25
Fairy Solitary.....1.25 Dimitri2401 got this.
Dark Siders.....3.55
WarHammer 40000 Dawn of War....3.55

Fairie Solitary....1.75
Gemini Rue.......1.75
Also open for offers no offence taken so don't be shy.

Edit: Didn't realize this thread was for gaming only (thought it was in Off Topic), ignore this post.

Looking to buy some Bitcoin, any sellers?

I'm flabbergasted by all the hoops one has to jump through to buy them online.

I thought, perhaps foolishly, that it would be as simple as buying anything online: You go to a store, choose the product, the amount you need, and pay with the plastic in your wallet, done. But I'm finding the whole thing confusing and convoluted :/

And as my luck would have it buying offline is not an option; there is no one listed in my entire country on https://localbitcoins.com/

So I thought maybe some GAFers are willing to sell some bitcoin for PayPal or Amazon money? I only need a small amount (less than 1 BTC). It would be a great help.

hlhbk

Man I am gonna miss buying and selling games on this thread if the Xbox news today is any indication of where we are headed.

omgkitty

Looking to sell my 3DS. I plan on picking up a 3DS XL this weekend, and after I transfer everything over, I won't have any use for my old one.

8974915750_34997b979e_c.jpg

It's pretty much in like new condition, besides two very light marks from where the bottom screen has rubbed against the top, but that's a known issue. It's probably only been played about 40 hours since I bought it 2 years ago and has mostly stayed at home, so it's not been thrown around in a bag or been in my pocket. It will come with all the original packaging and everything it came with in the box, including the charging cradle and 2GB SD card.

$100 plus shipping

NeoGAF GOLD seller - buy with confidence!

All physical media are in mint/complete condition unless otherwise noted. All prices include shipping (to the US only). PayPal payments only.

For sale or trade:

Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (Steam) - $2
Duke Nukem Forever Complete Pack (Steam) - $5
Prince of Persia '08 2-Disc Limited Edition (Xbox 360) - $8
Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition (Steam Gift) - $9
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS3) - $15
Soul Sacrifice (online pass used) - $24
Sword of the Stranger (Blu-ray) - $24

Want:

Mass Effect 3 Digital Deluxe Edition (Origin)
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition (Steam)
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (Blu-ray set)
Other Steam games

Chairhome

Want: Nintendo eShop Points

New items for sale:
Wii Sports (manual has bent corners, okay condition) - $8 shipped
Wii Fit original - $5 shipped
Guitar Hero World Tour (360)- $5 shipped

-----------------------
WTS (all prices shipped)

8904912097_c8a3c2138e.jpg

PS2
(All Black Label)
Ratchet & Clank:
Going Commando - $7
Up Your Arsenal - $7
Deadlocked - $7
or all 3 for $18

8904915077_8ba970a6fe_m.jpg

Goonies Collector's DVD (w/ Boardgame and Magazine) sealed - $13

8905372278_bd008dd378_m.jpg
8905363912_6518e9643a_m.jpg

Child of Eden Promo light up shirt (got it for pre-ordering the game at PAX). Responds to sound. Will light up upon hearing sound (there are a few subtle stages between lit and unlit). Can adjust sensitivity. The light up design can be removed (its velcroed to the shirt) and there is a small pouch at the bottom of the shirt inside for the battery/control unit. Shirt is size SMALL. Worn once, then washed, then collected dust. Sorry for the lint in the picture, its been literally collecting dust.

--------------
ZEoUeJsl.jpg

(not everything is pictured)
For Sale (prices include shipping in US):
ZombiU - SOLD
Castlevania - SOLD

I really want to get rid of a lot of these comics, so please make offers. Shipping in a flat rate box should alleviate the shipping costs, I will take less than $1 an issue (on most) on these if you buy in bulk.
COMICS (mostly DC, and Buffy Season 8). Selling mostly for $1 each, plus shipping. Shipping will be via flat rate box. Can discount if you buy a lot. Please check it out! I have too many comics :-D

Gamecube
Donkey Konga, Donkey Konga 2, 2 sets of DK Bongos and Donkey Kong Jungle Beat - Offers *Do not have the bongo boxes, but the games are complete*
Resident Evil (complete) - $17

PS2
God of War II (non-GH) - $7
Persona 4 - $8
Taiko Drum Master w/ 2 drums - offers

Just steal from me below. Any reasonable offer taken. I want this stuff gone!
For Sale:
HD-DVD
$4 each or $15 shipped for lot.
I Now Pronounce you Chuck & Larry
V for Vendetta
Stardust
Blood Diamond (sealed)
Anchorman
Transformers
Hot Fuzz

Wants:
[Ni No Kuni (low want)

As always, discounts for buying multiple items.

--------------Old items from my old posts that are collecting dust below this line. Low ball me but don't go crazy --------------
http://i.imgur.com/kmuJGl.jpg
SOLD: Tekken 4 JP, Virtua Fighter 4 JP, Tales of Legendia is no longer part of this lot
$15 shipped for the following as a lot: Bully, Monster Rancher evo, Soul calibur III, Guitar Hero II, SOCOM II, Metal Gear Solid 3

http://i.imgur.com/O0bQKl.jpg
Promo cards from Shonen Jump. The second card is bent a little at the top right corner. $5 shipped.

----
Price drops
Transactions are slowing down, please make offers on this stuff. Thanks!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chairhome/7140923115/ http://www.flickr.com/photos/chairhome/6994830678/
Complete games. (make offers if you feel the prices are too high)
Battle Hunter PS1 - $10 shipped
Front Mission 3 - $12 shipped
Dragon Warrior VII - sold
Beatmania (2 discs, "teeth" for one disc holder is broken) JP - $6
Master of Monsters (JP) - offers
Phantasy Star Online w/ Sonic Adventure 2 demo - $9 shipped
OR $24 shipped for all of the non-sold above
PC
Earthsiege 2 (PC) - $6 shipped
Betrayal at Antara
Jagged Alliance 2 disc only
Jedi Outcast
Unreal Tournament 2k4 complete! (found the play disc)
$5 each OR $15 shipped for all PC above

1 2
Sega CD Manuals (not in great shape)
Lunar (have the back part of the case for this)
Bouncers (have back part)
Batman Returns
Dark Wizard
Ecco
Power Factory
Hook
$10 shipped for all the manuals, minus the backing parts. $15 with the backing
1 2
Nintendo Power Killer Instinct mini-comic. Hahahaha. Offers.

Also: Dreamcast Controller and 3rd party mem card (not sure if card works) - $15 shipped

Miscellaneous
Children of Mana (Japanese) - $6

Tekken collectors box (for 1-5, no games included, unless you want T5) - $10 shipped w/o games
gba-to-GC cable - $4 shipped

-----------------
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-...ki-JQi8/s640/CameraZOOM-20120311175418353.jpg https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...iVCSD2c/s640/CameraZOOM-20120311175434132.jpg
N64 controllers and Saturn controllers SOLD. I only have 1 official SNES controllers, 1 Capcom SNES fighting pad, a third party SNES controller called "the pad" that has turbo switches for all buttons and a "slow-mo" button, an NES Zapper, and a VERY worn NES advantage

-------------

Oublieux

Have leftover keys from the AMD Never Settle Reloaded promotion. I'm trying to get them off my hands. I have:

Crysis 3 (Origin) for 12 USD
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon for 5 USD

I can only do PP due to being in S. Korea and would appreciate it if you would cover the transaction fee if doing non-gift payments. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom