• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fracas

#fuckonami
Looking to sell these 2 games. Both are for Xbox 360 (NTSC), and prices include shipping to the United States. Can't do international shipping, sorry.

Vanquish (sealed) - $12

Deus Ex: Human Revolution Augmented Edition - $13. Light wear on slipcover, contents are in great shape. Not sure if Square Enix code is used.

In stock:

Game: PAYDAY 2 (Pre-Order incl. Loot Bag)
Price: $18 / $28 - Standard / Career Criminal Edition

Game: Company of Heroes 2 (Pre-Order incl. rewards)
Price: $30 / $47 - Standard / Digital Collector's

Game: Fast and Furious: Showdown
Price: $17 [1 copy]

Game: Shadowrun Returns
Price: $12.50 / $17 - Standard / Deluxe

Game: Zeno Clash 2
Price: $11.50 - Standard [2 copies]

Selling at request - (Feel free to request other games)

Game: Metro: Last Light
Price: $25 / $28 (incl. Ranger Mode DLC)

Game: Total War: Rome II (Pre-Order incl. Reward)
Price: $40

Game: DARK (incl. Strategy Guide)
Price: $18

Game: Prison Architect
Price: $18 / $22 / $28 - Standard / Introversioner / Name in Game

Game: Expeditions: Conquistador
Price: $14

Game: Rising Storm
Price: $12.50 / $14.50 - Standard / Deluxe

Game: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing
Price: $10.50

Game: Dust: An Elysian Tail
Price: $10.50

Game: The Swapper
Price: $10

NeoGAF Platinum

Payment with Paypal in USD.
All my games are Steam gifts from store, no CD-keys.

Feel free to add me on Steam: Steam Profile

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
For Sale - Super Mario Galaxy for Wii - Complete with case, disc, and manual. Mint condition. $14 shipped. Non Players choice version.

Kenneth

Neo Member
For Sale: Tritton AX Pro 5.1 Surround Sound headphones (Xbox/PS3/PC).

There is one small issue with the microphone where a small piece of plastic broke off and the microphone will not lock into place. It won't fall out unless you violently shake the headset (in my experience). The mic is relatively inexpensive to replace though (about $10). Asking for around $60 but I'm open to offers.

I also have a Tritton Kunai (PS3/Vita) for sale if the price is right.

One thing that could work for me is a Fightstick trade for both headsets. I'd prefer a Madcatz TE for Xbox or a Qanba dual console stick or any other offers.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I have a sealed copy of Timesplitters: Future Perfect for the Gamecube up for sale. Sale sticker is on there. Asking for $100 (includes shipping and fees).
HFHSQIU.jpg

QB37MSf.jpg

I also have the rare Pandora's Box from the limited edition God of War 3 limited edtion, complete with it's false bottom. Great condition, asking for $45 (includes shipping/fees)

plc268

I disagree. Technically the rules state one way, but technically we shouldn't be asking for gift payments either. I feel if a person wants buyer protection (which they should get in situations where they don't trust the seller), they should have to pay on top of the base price. Otherwise you're just punishing those who trust their sellers by forcing higher prices on them. In addition, should we have to account for the extra fees that come when people pay by credit/debit card as well? Personal opinion anyway.

What? They're seller fees. As a seller, those fees are on you. You use paypal as a payment processor, so they charge you fees. If you don't want to pay those fees, use amazon payments or something else. A buyer shouldn't have to pay for for the standard paypal protection. I am completely of the mindset that if you post a price, you should also keep in mind the paypal fees you have to pay. There's plenty of calculators out there that'll show you how much you'll make after a transaction. If it's not enough, raise your price a little.

Any other way is just being dishonest to the customer. I guarantee, the number #1 turnoff in these type of buy/sell deals is when the the seller asks for an extra 3% or whatever.

SmokeMaxX

Let's just agree to disagree. It's not like it matters. Sellers should just put "SALE: 4% off if you pay using Paypal Gift; Prices already marked down in listing" at the top of their posts. That way you're not charging more for the fees; you're charging a discount if they avoid the fees. It's pro-consumer since they can pay less if they want to and not be forced to pay fees if the seller is trustworthy.

If you don't want to pay those fees, use amazon payments or something else.
This. I don't know more people don't use Amazon Payments. It offers all the same protection PayPal does, no fees, and you can turn around and use those funds to buy things on Amazon (which I do a lot).

SmokeMaxX

This. I don't know more people don't use Amazon Payments. It offers all the same protection PayPal does, no fees, and you can turn around and use those funds to buy things on Amazon (which I do a lot).

I'd prefer it that way honestly. I'm not a huge fan of Paypal. It's just that literally at least 90% of people you're going to do an online transaction with use Paypal. I used to type "or you can use Amazon Payments" and "My Amazon Payments is..." but I got tired of explaining what it was. Also a few times I got sent Amazon gift cards instead of money because they didn't know what Amazon Payments was.

lordy88

WTS

Steam Redeemable Code for Metro: Last Light - $15

I accept amazon credit only, or you can pick it up if you live in Brooklyn, NY. Send me a PM if you're interested.

SOLD

drizzle

Axel Hertz
What? They're seller fees. As a seller, those fees are on you. You use paypal as a payment processor, so they charge you fees. If you don't want to pay those fees, use amazon payments or something else. A buyer shouldn't have to pay for for the standard paypal protection. I am completely of the mindset that if you post a price, you should also keep in mind the paypal fees you have to pay. There's plenty of calculators out there that'll show you how much you'll make after a transaction. If it's not enough, raise your price a little.

Any other way is just being dishonest to the customer. I guarantee, the number #1 turnoff in these type of buy/sell deals is when the the seller asks for an extra 3% or whatever.

I find that most people are oblivious to the Paypal Fee and expect to receive in their paypal wallet the amount asked.

...either that or I'm just too kind and I always assume the seller doesn't know about the Paypal fee and I always cover it (since I can't gift money through paypal, since I'm from Brazil).

Amazon Payments would be a better alternative, except...

"Money transfer services are currently only available in the United States"

Want to sell

iTunes $25 Giftcard--for $20 (can provide picture of card unused with my name by it, if desired)

I will send the code via PM and/or email upon receiving payment.

I accept Amazon Payments and PayPal. I prefer Amazon. I've purchased a few things on GAF, so I'm not a complete unknown :)

GulAtiCa

Isn't Paypal Gift not covered by Paypal Guarantee? I believe if a buyer used that, they cannot get there money back if the seller screws over the buyer. I don't mind using it when requested, as people here are more trustworthy, esp if they are NeoGAF Plus.

People should understand that Paypal Gift gives you no protection against the seller. If you want your money back, you can't request it back via a refund if the seller decides to not ship you the item/etc.

SmokeMaxX

Isn't Paypal Gift not covered by Paypal Guarantee? I believe if a buyer used that, they cannot get there money back if the seller screws over the buyer. I don't mind using it when requested, as people here are more trustworthy, esp if they are NeoGAF Plus.

People should understand that Paypal Gift gives you no protection against the seller. If you want your money back, you can't request it back via a refund if the seller decides to not ship you the item/etc.

Meh. Honestly the seller's the one who needs protection. You can still chargeback/dispute paypal gift payments unless you're one of the 2% of people who actually keeps a Paypal balance instead of immediately withdrawing money whenever you receive a payment. The fee is only useful if you want to avoid an extra step.

EDIT: Emphasized the above.

EDIT 2: The reason I'm saying the seller needs protection is because this isn't the early days of the internet. Credit cards/bank accounts will protect you against fraud with little to no questions asked EVEN IF YOU WEREN'T SCAMMED. I have personally been scammed several times via Paypal. As a seller, when I'm scammed, they take my item, they take their money back, and then Paypal charges me a fee for "defending me" (which is BS and they know it). Sellers already have little protection while buyers can hide behind Paypal AND their credit card companies or banks. It's nearly impossible to get scammed on the internet as a buyer whereas it's unbelievably easy to scam someone. I'm just glad that I sell mostly physical stuff now so that I know exactly where someone lives if they try to scam me.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you're a buyer you should expect to pay the Paypal fees. It's just courtesy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
positive seller for Dunderhassan - more positive feedback at this point for him would be

re-dunder-ant!

haw haw haw

Zing

Banned
The difference between Paypal gift and regular is much more than just the fees charged. If someone sends me a regular payment (buyer protected), then I am essentially forced to use expedited parcel with a tracking number. This literally costs over double the amount as first class or small packet, neither of which offer tracking. If the buyer uses gift payment, I can ship without tracking and save the buyer anywhere from $8-10 on shipping, without having to worry that my money will be clawed back.

If I were forced to always use tracking, I might not even sell anything. People aren't interested in paying more for shipping than the item itself costs..

goldenpp72

Paypal fees should be at the sellers discretion, they can easily just factor them into their base prices as well. It shouldn't be the buyers responsibility to foot these fees, but it's nice for those who do.

Edit: To the above, i'm not sure what country you hail from but for the US I don't think that's the case, you can print shipping labels on Paypal with tracking for Media mail of all things and still have it be covered, at least I know they covered me in the past. Has something changed?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
How is this any different than saying the seller should expect to absorb the paypal fees as a courtesy?

I think the seller should absorb the paypal fees. People don't go on ebay saying "but hey, pay extra 4% do cover the paypal fees!"

Just list your shit with that price in mind and be done with it. If i'm a smart buyer, i'll contact you and ask about sending you money as gift and getting that discounted.

It doesn't make a difference for you (you receive the same amount of money anyway) and you reward the smart buyer.

SmokeMaxX

The difference between Paypal gift and regular is much more than just the fees charged. If someone sends me a regular payment (buyer protected), then I am essentially forced to use expedited parcel with a tracking number. This literally costs over double the amount as first class or small packet, neither of which offer tracking. If the buyer uses gift payment, I can ship without tracking and save the buyer anywhere from $8-10 on shipping, without having to worry that my money will be clawed back.

If I were forced to always use tracking, I might not even sell anything. People aren't interested in paying more for shipping than the item itself costs..
??? What do you ship and what kind of costs are you running into? If you have a scale at home, parcel select is pretty cheap.

Reclaimer

How much do you guys think a mint Guru Logic Champ for GBA is worth? I'm lucky enough to have a few now... And can't find much info online.

Wqn7qH7.png

If you read the paypal terms and conditions, gifting payments to avoid fees is actually against paypal's rules.

This type of "business" is illegal on sites like cheapassgamer.com. Obviously this isn't that place, but it's pretty clear that people recognize it's not really on the up-and-up

I think the seller should absorb the paypal fees. People don't go on ebay saying "but hey, pay extra 4% do cover the paypal fees!"

Just list your shit with that price in mind and be done with it. If i'm a smart buyer, i'll contact you and ask about sending you money as gift and getting that discounted.

It doesn't make a difference for you (you receive the same amount of money anyway) and you reward the smart buyer.

Fact of the matter is, there shouldn't be fees to deal with, as they offer no real protection to SELLERS.

SmokeMaxX brings up a great point that basically, there is zero risk buying something with PayPal these days. The risk falls entirely on the seller. Therefore, it's my opinion that it's fair for the BUYER to absorb the costs, because they are not sticking their neck out at all, and have zero risk involved.

goldenpp72

If you read the paypal terms and conditions, gifting payments to avoid fees is actually against paypal's rules.

This type of "business" is illegal on sites like cheapassgamer.com. Obviously this isn't that place, but it's pretty clear that people recognize it's not really on the up-and-up

I think many sites have made it so that sellers can not ask for the form of payment but not outright banning it (it's at the buyers discretion). With that said it IS against Paypals TOS. Paypal also does protect sellers, i've had cases of buyers trying to screw me on 2 different occasions and won the case. The main point there is that you do the printing and tracking labels through their site (which is cheaper) in order to connect the transaction to the actual shipment.

Paypal has some crappy things about them, but I feel a lot of people simply don't use it correctly. Feel free to correct me of course.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
How much do you guys think a mint Guru Logic Champ for GBA is worth? I'm lucky enough to have a few now... And can't find much info online.

Wqn7qH7.png
A FEW?! Damn. I don't know what they're worth but I've been wanting this game forever. :( So... hopefully they're not too expensive since I'll absolutely buy one.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
SmokeMaxX brings up a great point that basically, there is zero risk buying something with PayPal these days. The risk falls entirely on the seller. Therefore, it's my opinion that it's fair for the BUYER to absorb the costs, because they are not sticking their neck out at all, and have zero risk involved.

Is there?

I'm an international buyer. I live in Brazil, where shit can take anywhere from 8 days to 90 days to arrive (it has to do with the Customs. It takes 5 days to arrive in the country, but then it sits in a Customs Hangar waiting for either fiscalization or release).

I'm not a malevolent person, I'm not going to pay you and then, two weeks later, issue a chargeback on paypal/my credit card.

But what if it takes 60 days for the item to arrive at my doorstep and I find out that the seller send me a buncha crumpled paper surrounded by styrofoam? Isn't the "buyer protection" only valid for 30 days (or some other time) it's been a while since I read the PayPal TOS.

Sure, it's a fringe case, but it exists.

If there was virtually no risk for the buyer, we wouldn't have the "I paid and the dude didn't send me anything, or he sent me a broken disk when he said he was selling a mint condition one" problems we had in this very thread.

SmokeMaxX

Is there?

I'm an international buyer. I live in Brazil, where shit can take anywhere from 8 days to 90 days to arrive (when coming from the US).

I'm not a malevolent person, I'm not going to pay you and then, two weeks later, issue a chargeback on paypal/my credit card.

But what if it takes 60 days for the item to arrive at my doorstep and I find out that the seller send me a buncha crumpled paper surrounded by styrofoam? Isn't the "buyer protection" only valid for 30 days (or some other time) it's been a while since I read the PayPal TOS.

If there was virtually no risk for the buyer, we wouldn't have the "I paid and the dude didn't send me anything, or he sent me a broken disk when he said he was selling a mint condition one" problems we had in this very thread.
Most people don't even know what rights they have so arguing what some people say isn't valid. If you're international, it sucks. However, here is what Paypal offers you in terms of "protection."

13.5 Dispute Resolution. If you are unable to resolve a problem directly with a Seller, you can go to the Resolution Center and follow this process:

Open a Dispute. Open a Dispute within 45 Days of the date you made the payment (or the date of the transaction if using Pay After Delivery) for the item you would like to dispute to negotiate with the Seller for resolution of the Dispute. We will place a hold on all funds related to the transaction in the Seller's Account until the Dispute is resolved or closed.

So in your example, Paypal doesn't even cover you even if you actually DO pay the fee.

Second, Paypal's protection comes second to a credit card or bank's protection anyway. It's like having two umbrellas. Would you rather pay more for a small umbrella when you already have a big umbrella that's shielding you from the rain?

If you want protection, never keep a balance in your paypal account. If something goes wrong, dispute/chargeback with your bank/credit card. They will cover you. If you're worried about it, call and talk to them before you send money/make a purchase.

(EDIT: Sorry, I'm actually confused what point you're arguing. If you're for Paypal fees, then these arguments apply to you. If you're just arguing that there IS a risk with buying stuff online no matter what, then I guess that's true with international shipments. However, in that situation, it's your responsibility to only buy from trusted vendors/sellers and if you can't trust anyone, then don't purchase international.)

Is there?

I'm an international buyer. I live in Brazil, where shit can take anywhere from 8 days to 90 days to arrive (it has to do with the Customs. It takes 5 days to arrive in the country, but then it sits in a Customs Hangar waiting for either fiscalization or release).

I was speaking in terms of domestic sales. You are straight up gambling with your dollars (reals, pesos, yen, etc) any time you deal with customs, and that has little to nothing to do with PayPal.

Guy #1: "He sent me a brick with a tracking number."
Guy #2: "No I didn't!"
PayPal: "Ok, here's your money Guy #1"
PayPal: "Guy #2, you now owe us a fee for representing you in this dispute."
:CASE CLOSED:

While compressed for space and emphasis, that isn't far removed from the truth. A tracking number does not "seal the deal" in terms of being protected by PayPal.

SmokeMaxX

I was speaking in terms of domestic sales. You are straight up gambling with your dollars (reals, pesos, yen, etc) any time you deal with customs, and that has little to nothing to do with PayPal.

Guy #1: "He sent me a brick with a tracking number."
Guy #2: "No I didn't!"
PayPal: "Ok, here's your money Guy #1"
PayPal: "Guy #2, you now owe us a fee for representing you in this dispute."
:CASE CLOSED:

While compressed for space and emphasis, that isn't far removed from the truth. A tracking number does not "seal the deal" in terms of being protected by PayPal.
Yeah this is very true. You can videotape yourself opening the contents of your box, resealing them, dropping them off at the post office with tracking AND signature confirmation, and then still lose to a buyer who claims that what you sent was "significantly not as described." That's not a joke.

jred2k

If someone can give me a great deal and save me a bunch of money on a game I want, I don't think its irrational for them to expect me to cover a fee that's generally somewhere around $1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom