• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looking to sell the following -

-Halo: The Master Chief Collection full game digital download for Xbox One
-Xbox Live Gold 14-day free trial digital download for Xbox One

-Battlefield Hardline Three Gold Battlepacks redeem code for PlayStation 4
-Destiny Vanguard Armory redeem code for PlayStation 4
-30 day trial for PlayStation Plus

Don't have PayPal and im not looking for cash whatsoever. Prefer a Best Buy gift card the most but will also accept a PSN or Xbox Live currency card. Total cost is $40.00 for all of the above. For anyone who's interested, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Mandon

Banned
WTS

Xbox One 500GB /w Kinect, Forza 5 and a play and charge kit $375 USD $15 Shipping

mvKHVIH.png

lord

I thought iwas the only one who got this... I bought a key from threetri333 I wanna say around 5-6 months back (could be later or earlier) and earlier this month I got prompted on this. I am thankful it happened on my old laptop and not my new one. my new laptop came with windows 8 already installed. Old one I had to factor reset and go back to windows 7 on it.
After trying to reinstall windows 8 my key failed, I called MS and they told me it was a developer key and i had to talk to the retailer, i bought it from the same guy.

NoRéN

After trying to reinstall windows 8 my key failed, I called MS and they told me it was a developer key and i had to talk to the retailer, i bought it from the same guy.
Shouldn't all these cases result in negative feedback and some claims filed?

M3z_

[/B] Amazon Credit at

90% redemption value on credit under $50 (ie. $22.50 paypal for $25 credit)

95% redemption value on credit $50 and over ($95 paypal for $100 credit)

WTS GBA with Backlight mod & EZ Flash IV w/ 2GB mini card $190

I was told the same thing. I decided to watch the BST thread to see if anyone else mentioned it or just me. I mean i already have windows 8 on my new laptop so i was just waiting. Now that its out in the open, i guess its now known. My old laptop is windows 7 now so ehh... If anything I would like a refund now because it was sold to me without me knowing this would happen. We will see what happens.

omg_mjd

WTS (re-priced!)

Windows 8.1 Pro for $40

Full disclosure: The key I'm selling is from my MSDN account. If that's not allowed then I can delete my post. Otherwise, all I can do is offer a refund in case the key stops working at any point down the road (assuming it's on the same machine with no major hardware changes, i.e. like any other Windows key).

Shameless extra disclosure: I'm just doing this so I can buy an eShop code. :p This isn't a side business for me so I'm only offering one key for sale.

sk3tch

NoRéN;159775360 said:
Shouldn't all these cases result in negative feedback and some claims filed?

People are confused. Unsure of what to do. He's been operating like this in the wide open for months...has probably made thousands of dollars off of people with essentially a scam. It should be shut down. Not my call, though. Everyone seemed to be happy before. We just need to decide if people want this type of gray market-type activity. It'd be fine with me if there were caveats in his posts...but they're made to look like you're getting a legit, retail key. Suboptimal.

WTS (re-priced!)

Windows 8.1 Pro for $40

Full disclosure: The key I'm selling is from my MSDN account. If that's not allowed then I can delete my post. Otherwise, all I can do is offer a refund in case the key stops working at any point down the road (assuming it's on the same machine with no major hardware changes, i.e. like any other Windows key).

Shameless extra disclosure: I'm just doing this so I can buy an eShop code. :p This isn't a side business for me so I'm only offering one key for sale.

Like this - this is legit to me. It is not shady at all. Everything is on the table. As it should be. Thank you.

ekgrey

WTS (re-priced!)

Windows 8.1 Pro for $40

You picked a hilarious time to post this LOL.

Edit: yes, what sk3tch said is what I was getting at. Anyone unhappy or feels misled deserves some kind of recourse. But I think the seller should have the option to continue selling if he makes clear what the risks are. Assuming he makes right with anyone who asks. And whether anyone will still want to buy them, well, the market will decide.

WTS

Amiibos: Ike, Dedede, Sheik

WTB

iPad Mini or newer gen iPad (current or second most gen iPad)

PM'd you. We can work a trade if needed on mixing a few things.

People are confused. Unsure of what to do. He's been operating like this in the wide open for months...has probably made thousands of dollars off of people with essentially a scam. It should be shut down. Not my call, though. Everyone seemed to be happy before. We just need to decide if people want this type of gray market-type activity. It'd be fine with me if there were caveats in his posts...but they're made to look like you're getting a legit, retail key. Suboptimal.

Also we cant really leave negative feedback considering things work for a minimum of probably 4 months then we get that screen. Like i said, mine was good until earlier this month and I was only left with the option to talk to the seller or restore it back to windows 7.

Now that it happened, im sure we can leave the negative feedback if we got screwed over so to say. Honestly if he gives refunds out, ill keep the positive feedback as i got my money back and happy with the end result.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
WTS

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (cart only, some writing/fading on label) - $20
Mario Party 10 (New, Sealed) - $45

Prices are shipped within the US

v1perz53

WTB:

N64 games in decent condition. Rebuilding my library from when I was a kid. Specifically interested in:

Pokemon Stadium 2
Star Fox 64
Super Smash Bros
Mario Kart 64
Zelda: OOT
Zelda: MM
Banjo Kazooie
Kirby 64
F-Zero X
Turok 1
Donkey Kong 64
Snowboard Kids 2

Basically just comparing with ebay prices/prices at a local game store to see about the best deals.

SELLING THINGS!
Some of the items below have more than one photo and can be viewed AT THIS LINK. I can provide additional photos upon request. All from personal collection.
All prices includes shipping to US. I will ship outside of US, but it has to be a method that provides tracking, so will probably be pricey. GAF feedback currently sits at +7/+7, but also have eBay feedback of 1149 over the past 15 years!
Accepting Paypal F/F (friends and family) or G/S (goods and services). Prices for G/S a little higher to cover fees. See below. I will ship protected and with tracking either way! Unless it’s a Sunday or postal holiday, I’ll always be able to ship out within 24 of payment.

Robotech: Battlecry Limited Edition (PS2) - STILL SEALED
$40 (F/F) or $41.50 (G/S)
- There are lots of tears in the shrinkwrap, but it's still "sealed" and has all of the contents. Album has more photos.

Wonder Adaptor for Nintendo 64
$30 (F/F) or $31.20 (G/S)
– This will allow you to play import N64 games. I bought it for Sin and Punishment back in the day and I no longer have that game, so don’t really need this anymore.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS + Pin
$30 (F/F) or $31.20 (G/S)
– I haven’t played this since Wii U version came out, so I guess I don’t really need both.

The Longest Journey - PC Big Box
$25 (F/F) or $26.06 (G/S)
- Almost like new. The part where you open the box is bent a bit, but otherwise perfect.

Nier (360) – FACTORY SEALED!
$25 (F/F) or $26.06 (G/S)
– Still sealed, but has an annoying price sticker that won’t easily come off.

Onechanbara: Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii) – FACTORY SEALED!
$15 (F/F) or $15.76 (G/S)

Otogi: Myth of Demons (Xbox)
– Manual, case, game disc. Disc has a few marks on it, but it plays perfectly fine.

Tropico 4: Gold Edition (360) – FACTORY SEALED!

Viewtiful Joe 2 (Gamecube)
$13.00 (F/F) or $13.70 (G/S)
– Complete with manual, case, other inserts. Disc has a few smudges on it, but works perfectly fine.

zychi

Banned
Selling a like new PS4(the closest an item can be without being brand new). I traded in my 360 towards the ps4 and my dog got to the box after I removed everything to test it. My roommate decided to buy a used ps4 from Gamestop and now we have two.

There's no box or papers from the Sony box, only been used to update and test, controller still has the sticker on it, no scratches, comes with controller, hdmi cable, usb cable, power cable and console.

I'd like $335 shipped via paypal for it. PM me for pictures.

finalflame

WTS:

2x EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0

Less than a month old. Comes with all the cables. One of them has the box, the other does not.

$480 each shipped, or $900 for both. PayPal gift or you can cover the fees. Alternatively, if you're in the East Bay/SF/South Bay, I'm happy to meet up locally and can save you some $ from shipping.

Selling cause I'm going TitanX SLi.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
WTS:

Club Nintendo Platinum reward - $20

519dOcELBJL._SX180_.jpg

Mortal Kombat X Kollector's Import Edition (PS4) - I wanted this edition until I decided I don't have room for it since I'm moving. So if you have interesting trades, let me know. I'm not scalping it so all fair offers will be considered. Meaning I won't give you the $180 game for a $150 value trade. I'm not losing money on it. Worst case scenario, I sell it to someone for MSRP. If you want it for MSRP, PM me. Someone who is a great BST participant will get it, failing interesting trades.

Regarding Windows 7 Professional keys bought from threetri333

I bought a Windows 7 Professional key from threetri333 about four months ago. Everything worked fine at first but I woke up to find this today:

AAfP3Se.png

I remember reading a post from a NeoGAF member questioning where threetri333 was getting his keys from, and warning us that there was a good possibility they wouldn't work forever. It seems he was right.

I have sent threetri333 a message but he hasn't responded yet (it's been about half an hour as of writing this post). I am making this pre-preemptively in-case there are others going through similar issues.I am not assuming he sold keys knowing that this would happen, so don't take this post as me calling him out as a bad seller. I will just say that anyone considering buying his keys should definitely hold off.
Fascinating how the guy who somehow manages to get a top page post all the time, without a bot, some how isn't online to respond to a PM. It's totally reasonable not to expect someone to respond to a PM right away. I'm just saying.

Dis3ngag3d

Unconfirmed Member
WTS (re-priced!)

Windows 8.1 Pro for $40

You are not allowed to sell MSDNAA otherwise known as Dreamspark Premium keys. It violates the Microsoft TOS and will result in you losing your MSDNAA account as well as all the keys generated being revoked. This applies to Enterprise package keys as well.

From the TOS page

4. ADDITIONAL TERMS FOR THE DREAMSPARK PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION
a. Changes in status. You will stop providing DreamSpark Premium Subscription benefits or any software keys to anyone who ceases being one of your staff, faculty, or students as such terms are defined above. However, students who have received software under the DreamSpark Premium Subscription may continue to use such software when they are no longer students provided that they do so in accordance with these terms.

d. Not for Resale Software. You may not resell, transfer or assign the software.

If you are really wanting to get a cheaper key just go register at a community college for like $20 and get an email account from the college. You don't have to actually be taking classes you just need the college's email. Once you get the student email account you can get student level discounts on all kinds of software.

Dunan

shiratori.jpg

Final Fantasy IX "Melodies of Life" CD: contains English, Japanese, and instrumental versions of the song, plus the unreleased track "Galway Sky". Translucent plastic outer sleeve is a little warped, but the jewel case and CD are perfect. $12 shipped worldwide

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You are not allowed to sell MSDNAA otherwise known as Dreamspark Premium keys. It violates the Microsoft TOS and will result in you losing your MSDNAA account as well as all the keys generated being revoked. This applies to Enterprise package keys as well.

From the TOS page

If you are really wanting to get a cheaper key just go register at a community college for like $20 and get an email account from the college. You don't have to actually be taking classes you just need the college's email. Once you get the student email account you can get student level discounts on all kinds of software.
If the buyer is informed, cool. Let him or her decide.

The buyer was not informed in this case considering the seller said they did not know if it was alright.

considering it is no where in the user's post, or he never mentions it unless he is called out is shady itself. Like i said when i bought it, I asked a bunch of questions, first one being if they are legit and wont deactivate. he said yes. Take that as you will.

omg_mjd

From the TOS page

I was guessing this would be the case. Thanks for pointing it out. I'm striking out my previous post; it'll still be visible so people can follow the discussion if they're interested.

Also, just to clarify: I didn't sell the key to anyone! Seemed harmless enough considering the nature of the other trades being done here (CN rewards, etc.) but if MS is revoking license activations then it's not worth it.

Bboy AJ

considering it is no where in the user's post, or he never mentions it unless he is called out is shady itself. Like i said when i bought it, I asked a bunch of questions, first one being if they are legit and wont deactivate. he said yes. Take that as you will.
You're talking about threetri.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
Still selling my club nintendo reward for $20 paypal.

Riddy

Regarding Windows 7 Professional keys bought from threetri333

I bought a Windows 7 Professional key from threetri333 about four months ago. Everything worked fine at first but I woke up to find this today:

AAfP3Se.png

I remember reading a post from a NeoGAF member questioning where threetri333 was getting his keys from, and warning us that there was a good possibility they wouldn't work forever. It seems he was right.

I have sent threetri333 a message but he hasn't responded yet (it's been about half an hour as of writing this post). I am making this pre-preemptively in-case there are others going through similar issues.I am not assuming he sold keys knowing that this would happen, so don't take this post as me calling him out as a bad seller. I will just say that anyone considering buying his keys should definitely hold off.

Fascinating how the guy who somehow manages to get a top page post all the time, without a bot, some how isn't online to respond to a PM. It's totally reasonable not to expect someone to respond to a PM right away. I'm just saying.

What are you even talking about, dude? I never said it wasn't reasonable. I merely time stamped just to keep people informed of the timeline. I even made a point to say that I am not assuming threetri333 is purposefully ignoring me or selling bad products. Seriously, what's your angle?

threetri333 never mentioned that these were developer keys. I was never informed that these keys could expire at any moment. At best, he wasn't aware of this fact and at worst, he didn't care to mention it.

Anyway...

An update on my issues with threetri333's Windows 7 Professional Key

He contacted me with a PM about an hour after my original post. I was very busy today and did not get a chance to read the message until maybe ~12 hours later (it's early morning right now). He gave no explanation and simply sent me a new key.The new key unfortunately does not work either.

LHH77rH.png

Hopefully he will sort another one out, but things are not looking good at the moment. I still highly suggest holding off from purchasing anymore of his keys until I'm sorted out.

What are you even talking about, dude? I never said it wasn't reasonable. I merely time stamped just to keep people informed of the timeline. I even made a point to say that I am not assuming threetri333 is purposefully ignoring me or selling bad products. Seriously, what's your angle?

threetri333 never mentioned that these were developer keys. I was never informed that these keys could expire at any moment. At best, he wasn't aware of this fact and at worst, he didn't care to mention it.

Anyway...

An update on my issues with threetri333's Windows 7 Professional Key

He contacted me with a PM about an hour after my original post. I was very busy today and did not get a chance to read the message until maybe ~12 hours later (it's early morning right now). He gave no explanation and simply sent me a new key.The new key unfortunately does not work either.

LHH77rH.png

Hopefully he will sort another one out, but things are not looking good at the moment. I still highly suggest holding off from purchasing anymore of his keys until I'm sorted out.

glad to see he is helping you. I wonder if he will reach out to the others affected by this... like i said if he just refunds me i'll be happy, but to others it might not be that easy. I wonder who else will come up and say theirs dont work anymore either.

Mideon

Looking to sell my Full Set of Smash Bros Amiibos except Little Mac and Shulk plus a full set of Mario Party Amiibos. All sealed in new condition and all EU versions. What would be a fair price in £ for these? There are 33 in total.

Bboy AJ

Hmm. OK. You misinterpreted my post. I was talking about threetri. He's supposedly always around to get a top page post but couldn't immediately respond to your PM. I make no accusations. Just found it interesting.

glad to see he is helping you. I wonder if he will reach out to the others affected by this... like i said if he just refunds me i'll be happy, but to others it might not be that easy. I wonder who else will come up and say theirs dont work anymore either.
He isn't helping Ridley. He just sent him a new key, hoping to prolong the issue instead of confronting it.

Reclaimer

Time to say goodbye to some AES stuff. Prices do not include shipping.

PM me if you have any questions or want to make an offer on something!

Modded AES System - $375
Neotropolis modded "fully loaded" AES in very good condition, only used a few times.

-Uni-Bios 3.1 w/Socket

-Component Video Output

-S-Video and Composite Video Output

-Original DIN connector is untouched, for RGB output or original AV cable use

-Stereo Audio Left/Right Output

-Reset Power Button Blue LED

-Original SNK power brick

-Custom built SCART cable for RGB video and Stereo audio from the built in din and L/R outputs on the AES.

Neo Geo Controller Pro Joystick - $50
The "bean" joystick! Joystick is in good condition. The box has some damage on front corner (see pic), but otherwise looks fair.

ekgrey

Just a heads-up to the thread at large: something wonky happened with the feedback sheet. It seems to have taken only part of my last edit even though it said it was all saved before I closed it. I'm in the process of fixing it now, but if you happen to notice your feedback go down, don't worry. It'll be back again shortly.

edit: all is well again. as always, PM me if you have any concerns or see any errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom