• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

randome

Have (all PS3)

• Saints Row IV
  • Star Wars TFU
  • Spiderman 3
  • Ben 10 CD
  • R&C: A4O
  • Rayman Origins
  • Super Street Fighter IV
  • Bulletstorm
Want (all PS3)

• Dragon Ball Z games
  • Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition
  • South Park: SoT
  • Mass Effect Trilogy
  • Portal 1 and 2
  • Darksiders II
  • Offers
  • Money $$$

Anarkin

Positive seller Feedback to KiDdYoNe

Sold me Pillars of Eternity. Great seller.

Positive buyer feedback to goldensun

Fast payment and very friendly. Thanks again.

Ezalc

WTT:

Two gold Club nintendo codes, for basically anything else. Mostly interested in nintendo, ps3 and steam stuff. PM me with offers.

Soulflarz

Banned
Seriously wondering - are those types of sales allowed?

Like I don't care if he eventually resolves it via refunds, I'm more-so wondering if that sort of "lets avoid the issue" and "lets not mention I'm not selling what I said I'm selling" is even decent behavior. God knows how much he made off this :/

I don't know, it just irritates me.

Seriously wondering - are those types of sales allowed?

Like I don't care if he eventually resolves it via refunds, I'm more-so wondering if that sort of "lets avoid the issue" and "lets not mention I'm not selling what I said I'm selling" is even decent behavior. God knows how much he made off this :/

I don't know, it just irritates me.

agreed, but in my eyes if he starts refunding people it will be somewhat of a means that actually shows he wants to make things right. If he doesn't then basically he was just a scumbag who knew what he was doing and doesnt care.

Istaerion

Just to add a comment on the recent Windows key issue, do note that this problem has happened before with a very similar issue and all he wanted to do was reissue keys and avoid talking about his business altogether. It looks to be the same now as he hasn't bothered to post and only issued another key to a user without explaining himself.

I always thought he was just reselling $15-20 keys from reddit, but who knows just how deep that rabbit hole goes.

In any event, I don't mean to assume, but I'm not shocked at all at the recent events considering all the signs were there for the longest time.

Milamber

Want To Buy:

- Rune Factory 3 [NDS][NTSC][USA]
- Rune Factory 4 [3DS][NTSC][USA]

Would be awesome if you got this too and willing to ship with games:
- 3DS Circle Pad cover

Get them from Gamestop's used section, if possible. Thanks. I'm looking for these games and they are absolutely impossible to find another copy now for my family.

I live in the Middle East, Dubai though, so shipping will have to be international. Sorry. Hopefully someone here can help sell these to me all at once.

POSITIVE SELLER FEEDBACK for wilflare. Guy came for me in a pinch! Thanks man.

alf717

WTB: The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (mint condition) - have to provide pictures preferable with your user name and date in them.

I'm still looking for a copy. Anyone looking to sell a copy please LMK.

Potentially a good point. However, as is the case with our friend who is having problems - some don't want to run the latest OS (he's on Windows 7) so it would be pretty annoying to have paid for something, then be labeled a pirate (by Microsoft), and be pushed to move to Windows 10 in order to proceed. Not worth it, IMO...especially since his prices aren't insane. I've bought legit Windows 8 keys for less. In my case, I had to get a build out the door and didn't have time to deal with eBay/etc. so I went for it.

My advice to those looking for cheap Windows 8 is to always buy a cheap, physical copy. That way, you can contact Microsoft should there be any issues...you'll always have that physical key on a card with the cert of authenticity.

Last time (when I brought this up) he did not speak up because he did not want to confirm/deny what is happening (my guess). So, I think an executive decision will need to be made.

I couldn't care less, personally - but I would hate to have others that do not know about the situation lose money. It's even worse because he's using NeoGAF to publicly advertise to those that are not members. Imagine the recourse that they have? None.

I think they're MSDN keys, which are sold at volume to one licensee. Once that person doesn't pay, the keys get turned off.

Jirotrom

STEAM GAMES
Life is strange
GTA V
MK X
Dark Souls II Scholar
Ori and the blind forest
Cities skylines

WTS:
Amiibos all brand new in box US versions

Shulk $30 shipped
Meta knight $35 shipped
Little mac $55 shipped
Captain Falcon $30 shipped
Diddy Kong $13 shipped
Lucario $40 shipped

If ypu live in dallas Ill knock off 5 on any of these marked prices, If you choose to buy more than 1 I'll knockoff 6 bucks off the total shipping.

Thanks, willing to trade for above steam codes

Soulflarz

Banned
I think they're MSDN keys, which are sold at volume to one licensee. Once that person doesn't pay, the keys get turned off.

Well basically he shouldn't have be allowed to stop paying without that disclosure then.

And he did. So we have some issue, because this whole situation is odd.

edit: Okay, allowed is odd usage, but uh...this isnt right in general :/

Jamix012

Have a couple of things to sell! All prices are shipped. I accept Paypal or...Venmo I guess, but for your own peace of mind I recommend Paypal.

Invizimals: The Alliance Vita (New, Sealed, PAL) [Region Free] - $30
History: Legends of War Vita (New, Sealed, PAL) [Region Free] - $32.50
Conception II - Children of the Seven Stars Vita (New, Sealed) [Regular Edition] - $22
Cave Story 3D 3DS (Cart Only) - $21
Retro City Rampage DX PS4 (New, Sealed) - $123
Persona Q: The Wild Cards Limited Edition 3DS (New, Sealed) - $69
Sword Art Online: Hollow Sword (Used, Asian Edition, Region free but no English Language) - $39

Will provide photos upon request.
Still Selling the above
Also Selling

Pikmin 1 (Wii Play Controls!) - Refurbished Edition but Sealed - $31
The Wolf Among Us Physical Copy - Xbox One (New Sealed) - $20
Smash Bros. Club Nintendo Reward Soundtrack Sealed - $21
Dangan Ronpa 2 Physical Special Edition NEW SEALED - $70

Want To Buy
Mega Man Wily Wars/ Rock Man Mega World - $130 (cart only)

What are you even talking about, dude? I never said it wasn't reasonable. I merely time stamped just to keep people informed of the timeline. I even made a point to say that I am not assuming threetri333 is purposefully ignoring me or selling bad products. Seriously, what's your angle?

threetri333 never mentioned that these were developer keys. I was never informed that these keys could expire at any moment. At best, he wasn't aware of this fact and at worst, he didn't care to mention it.

Anyway...

An update on my issues with threetri333's Windows 7 Professional Key

He contacted me with a PM about an hour after my original post. I was very busy today and did not get a chance to read the message until maybe ~12 hours later (it's early morning right now). He gave no explanation and simply sent me a new key.The new key unfortunately does not work either.

LHH77rH.png

Hopefully he will sort another one out, but things are not looking good at the moment. I still highly suggest holding off from purchasing anymore of his keys until I'm sorted out.
I've pointed this out several times in this (or maybe it was that last one) thread before. He won't acknowledge what type of keys they are and where they come from. Imo, they are most likely BizSpark keys that many people abuse to get free keys. Whether they are BizSpark, MSDN, or DreamSpark keys, they are illegal to sale. Hell, like another user pointed out, he may just be buying the keys from people off Reddit and reselling them at a higher price here. Microsoft will start blacklisting keys if they see a pattern of abuse. Now, if he just bought they keys at bulk from Microsoft, then it is completely legal, and he usually just has to contact MS to revoke the blacklisting.

In the end though, this is risk you take when you buy discounted keys online from grey markets. But at the prices he is charging, I would hope they are legit keys.

tmarg

Well basically he shouldn't have be allowed to stop paying without that disclosure then.

And he did. So we have some issue, because this whole situation is odd.

edit: Okay, allowed is odd usage, but uh...this isnt right in general :/

The fact is we shouldn't be allowing people to sell sketchy MS keys in the first place.

SmokeMaxX

If you PM me and I don't respond within 24-48 hours, I did not receive your PM. Please PM me again! Gaf's messaging system screws up occasionally. If you do not receive a reply, please wait 24-48 hours before contacting me again because I am probably asleep or have not yet seen your message.

Selling:

US/North American Digital Credit/Subscriptions:

XBL 1 Year - $40 (Limited Stock Remaining)

3DS/WiiU eShop Credit: -
I sell US 3DS/WiiU eShop Credit at face value for anyone needing it (including the international users who aren't able to get it themselves). Increments of $10, $20, $35, or $50. If international, please use ppfeecalc.com with the "International" setting to calculate fees. If from the US, thefeecalculator is usually accurate. I usually have codes on me, but sometimes need to run to the store to pick more up.

Buying:
Discounted Best Buy/Amazon.com/GameStop/Target/WalMart Gift Cards
Netflix Subscription (or looking for info on how to get it cheap)

I take Paypal and, upon request, other payment options. If you choose Paypal, please gift or pay fees.
NeoGAF PLATINUM! (633+ Total Positive Feedback!)

maxcriden

Selling:

Wii U games

Kirby & the Rainbow Curse + Wii Party U: $45 shipped (for both)

3DS games

Kirby Triple Deluxe & Yoshi's New Island: $47 shipped (for both)

Gold seller, hit me up and we'll work something out. Games are CIB and in excellent condition. Thanks!

Cade

Selling:

3DS games

Kirby & the Rainbow Curse + Wii Party U: $45 shipped

Wii U games

Kirby Triple Deluxe & Yoshi's New Island: $47 shipped

Gold seller, hit me up and we'll work something out. Games are CIB and in excellent condition. Thanks!

I had to read this a couple times, but I think you switched labels :p

WTS

Skyward Sword - $40, game, manual and music cd are in like new condition. Case has noticeable marking on it with the main issue being the middle left where something pushed against it too hard while I had it in a moving box.

Hyrule Warriors - $40, game is in like new condition, no notiable wear on the case.

Origin game keys - $3 each

Burnout Paradise
Red Alert 3
Medal of Honor

All prices are including shipping and tracking. US only.

Favocado

Still have an AC IV: Black Flag for Xbox One code rolling around.

WTS:
Assasin's Creed IV: Black Flag for Xbox One (Download Code) - $8

Soulflarz

Banned
The fact is we shouldn't be allowing people to sell sketchy MS keys in the first place.

I don't think this is a matter of 'he fixed his wrong', because he hasn't yet (unless no one gave us an update)

I sell you a bootlegged game, you catch me in it when it stops working, and my solution is "dont worry, ill send you a new copy, okay?" except that ones bootlegged too? Hell, even if my solution is to buy a legit copy and replace the game you figured out was a bootleg, it's still not right.

Now granted, these aren't bootlegged games or anything, but he is not selling the product he claims to be selling, and this needs to addressed in some manner.
...So...could you say where your keys are from? In some sense? Avoiding posting in the thread isn't really helping anyone, other than having people say that you're doing something shady and trying to avoid the situation now.

Looking to buy:

Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - Version with soundtrack and outer box.

New or used doesn't matter as long as it's in pretty good condition (and non ebay pricing)

Would also consider just the soundtrack/outer box.

Thanks

I don't think this is a matter of 'he fixed his wrong', because he hasn't yet (unless no one gave us an update)

I sell you a bootlegged game, you catch me in it when it stops working, and my solution is "dont worry, ill send you a new copy, okay?" except that ones bootlegged too? Hell, even if my solution is to buy a legit copy and replace the game you figured out was a bootleg, it's still not right.

Now granted, these aren't bootlegged games or anything, but he is not selling the product he claims to be selling, and this needs to addressed in some manner.
...So...could you say where your keys are from? In some sense? Avoiding posting in the thread isn't really helping anyone, other than having people say that you're doing something shady and trying to avoid the situation now.

I contacted the moderation team earlier this afternoon, so I'll let every one know when there's been an update.

At the moment, however, we don't know what the situation is apart from keys not working. Until the truth comes out, let's be careful not to shame someone until all the facts are known.

Not saying you're doing it, but it's worth a reminder. We can't do much, but the moderation team can and will update us eventually.

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'll chime in on the windows keys discussion by saying that I've sold dreamspark keys here in the past with no issues (YET, I should say - if anyone I've sold to has problems of any kind pop up, I'll provide a full refund of course).

I think the issue is that no one knows where this guy got his keys, and he doesn't seem to be open about it. If I remember right, I made it clear in my listings that the keys were Dreamspark codes, as any seller should.

Soulflarz

Banned
At the moment, however, we don't know what the situation is apart from keys not working. Until the truth comes out, let's be careful not to shame someone until all the facts are known.

Yeah, thats why I left the last part in. I would much rather have him come into the thread and tell us whats going on compared to this :/

And...that's part of the problem...if he's replying to PMs, we can assume he's read this thread.

Anfang

Not saying you're doing it, but it's worth a reminder. We can't do much, but the moderation team can and will update us eventually.

Get mod involved seems like the best option. But the shaming part is puzzling. It would be hella easy to make a quick post with proof of his key sources being legit and thatd be the end of it. He is letting things get out of control on his own and causing the speculation.

Dude has been on all day and has said nada.

Yeah, thats why I left the last part in. I would much rather have him come into the thread and tell us whats going on compared to this :/

Agreed. But since that probably won't happen, this is the best route.

Just goes to show that we have to be careful on here. I love this trading community, but transparency can't be overemphasized enough. Little surprises derail everything.

SiDCrAzY

Looking to sell the following, I'm in the US and I accept Paypal Gift.

iPad Air 2 128GB Wifi only in excellent condition, it has been in a case since I got it. I will include the case(It's the same as this one).

Comes with original box and charger. No scratches on the iPad.

Looking for 549.00 dollars shipped. Open to offers.

AEIE8Qvl.png

Sorry for the bad pics.

Riddy

An update on my issues with threetri333's Windows 7 Professional Key

He contacted me with a PM about an hour after my original post. I was very busy today and did not get a chance to read the message until maybe ~12 hours later (it's early morning right now). He gave no explanation and simply sent me a new key.The new key unfortunately does not work either.

LHH77rH.png

Hopefully he will sort another one out, but things are not looking good at the moment. I still highly suggest holding off from purchasing anymore of his keys until I'm sorted out.

A new update on my issues with threetri333's Windows 7 Professional Key

I have some good news! After the second key he sent me did not work, he sent me the following message and procedure:

threetri333 said:
Try these steps with the new key. I'm sorry for the hassle. :(
Let me know the results.

1. Open command prompt with admin privileges. Always do this when command prompt needs to be run. The best way to do so is to click Start -> Run -> CMD (make sure you run as administrator!)
2. Type in 'slmgr.vbs /upk'.This will uninstall the current key in Windows. Restart your P.C. Run CMD again.
3. Type in 'slmgr.vbs /rearm'. This resets the time needed to activate Windows, and will reset the Windows Genuine Advantage issue, if it’s there. Restart your P.C.
4. Run CMD again. Type in 'slmgr.vbs /ipk <product key here>' where product key represents your product key, including dashes.
&#8226; Restart your P.C. when this finishes. Go to Control Panel -> System and Security -> System and scroll and activate Windows. It may take a moment or two, but it should come back as fully activated

Guess what? It worked!

It's hard for me to complain at this point as I honestly should have known that paying 1/3rd of the price for a Microsoft key will not come without its share of problems. This will hopefully hold me through college finals, and when/if it breaks again, I will just buy directly from Microsoft.

So the lesson learned? Buyers need to be aware that threetri333 is selling developer keys that can deactivate or be flagged by Microsoft as counterfeit at any point. He was kind enough to give me another key for free, but whether that is worth the savings is up to you.

Thanks to my fellow gaffers for the advice and help as well! This community has it's bad moments but overall there's nothing like it.

//ARCANUM

WTB

A handful of Amiibo at less than insane scalper prices. They do not need to be new in box, I open my Amiibo so I'm totally cool with opened ones. These are the Amiibo I'm looking for:

Rosalina
Shulk
King Dedede
Meta Knight
Pit

Additionally I have a full SSB wave 4 pre-order at Best Buy (for everything you can pre-order there - Wario, Charizard, Pac-Man, Robin, Lucina). So if anyone is interested in a potential trade as well, I'm open to offers.

Please PM me with any offers, thank you!

Anfang

So the lesson learned? Buyers need to be aware that threetri333 is selling developer keys that can deactivate or be flagged by Microsoft as counterfeit at any point. He was kind enough to give me another key for free, but whether that is worth the savings is up to you.

Thanks to my fellow gaffers for the advice and help as well! This community has it's bad moments but overall there's nothing like it.

Well 10 will be out soonish and its a free upgrade, dont hafta buy anything for a good while

Istaerion

This might just be me, but I wouldn't qualify him reissuing keys constantly some grand delivery of customer service like some of you are making it out to be. There's an issue and he's pretty much ignoring it by giving you another key that may or may not crap out.

Giving you some sort of command to "renew" it doesn't inspire a lot of faith in me nor does it really address the issue in the first place. He wasn't selling these keys with a disclaimer saying they may or may not run into issues; instead, he's marketing them as full-fledged keys.

Sure the price calls things into question, but again, he is not saying otherwise confusing many users into purchasing something that may very well crap out. There's no guarantee he'll even stick around down the road; he's clearly ignoring this thread for fear of something which alone sets off flags in my book.

Ceravic

I didn't know where else to look for this but if anyone has a PS4 Collector's Edition of Witcher 3 Wild Hunt that they are looking to sell for a somewhat reasonable price and not scalper price when it comes out, I'd gladly buy it. Jumped into the series late and now I wish I hadn't. I don't check this thread much so just send a PM if so.

mdsfx

I didn't know where else to look for this but if anyone has a PS4 Collector's Edition of Witcher 3 Wild Hunt that they are looking to sell for a somewhat reasonable price and not scalper price when it comes out, I'd gladly buy it. Jumped into the series late and now I wish I hadn't. I don't check this thread much so just send a PM if so.

Jotamide has one

bakeray

Sell:
Xbox One
Dragon Age Inquisition (mint, barely played) - $30 shipped
Kinect (mint, used probably 8 times) - $75 shipped
Limbo (download code) - $5
Xbox One Day achievement - make an offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom