• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

acksman

I have used this maybe 10 times. It has been sitting back in the box for a while now and I want to sell it. Looks and works like brand new!

THE ULTIMATE RACING SIMULATOR FOR XBOX ONE: The first mass-market Force Feedback wheel featuring a brushless industrial motor. Features a detachable wheel and metal pedal set. Core product of the TX Racing Wheel ecosystem

qOxjLKI.jpg

$190.00 with free ground shipping US 48 only.

I Accept Paypal gift or you pay fees. PM me if interested or have any questions.

webkatt

Blows my mind that this is still available. If I weren't content with my 64GB iPad Air 2, I would be all over this. Someone buy this please...

I want an iPad but I have no idea on what version this is. I don't follow Apple so I have no idea what iteration this is!

ekgrey

I really just wish threetri would speak up. There is an issue here, clearly. But despite what some are saying, it is not illegal, from what I understand. A ToS violation, yes. So is selling Club Nintendo rewards. So is selling any digital code you don't want that comes with a console. So is buying ROW Steam keys if you are in NA/EU.

Anyone selling such a thing should identify it as such, as the vast majority of sellers do. Transparency, etc., etc. But saying MSDN keys, or Dreamspark keys or any other "not for resale" Windows keys can't be sold here sets a precedent: no codes for anything marked "Not For Resale" could be sold here. Transparency is important, but so is consistency.

What has happened with some folks who have purchased Windows keys from threetri is not okay. Obviously. And whether he should be allowed to continue selling on here should depend on whether he makes it right with those that ask him to. But if he does, and going forward makes clear the source of the keys and possible risk, I don't think it is okay to prevent him from selling based on the standards we have set for this market.

That said, I personally think the price is too high regardless and given how easy it is to get legitimate keys at a discount, I wouldn't consider it worth it for myself. But that's a question for the market to decide. And complaining about it is a violation of the third rule of the OP, which is so often quoted here.

One last note: no one should be advertising for sale to non-members using this thread. That is also a violation of our rules. He shouldn't be posting his email address and we should have done something about that a long time ago.

derek2fan

Neo Member
WTS

Looking for PayPal only, not trades right now.

amiibos - $40 Shipped via priority mail for all three
Bowser
Sonic
Mega Man
http://imgur.com/a/lWaCf

Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS -$25 Shipped

Pokémon Omega Ruby - Nintendo 3DS - $25 Shipped ( No Case )

Moltenix

WTS:

• Club Nintendo Platinum Gift - $20
  • Two 200 Coin Rewards - $4 each

PayPal please. Tell me what game you'd like and i'll redeem it first.

I have a copy of Monsters Inc. digital code that works with Disney Movies Anywhere and has Disney Movie Rewards for sale. $4 PayPal gift for anyone interested.

Soulflarz

Banned
Like clockwork, it's 16 posts to the top of the page. By then you'll know if he's abandoned the thread.

Oh yeah, he always takes first post.

I forgot that actually matters here :p Whoops~

But yeah, if hes...
well shoot.

If hes gone, we have an issue.
If hes here and completely ignoring us...we have an issue.

Basically, can someone explain to him he needs to speak up?

Anyone selling such a thing should identify it as such, as the vast majority of sellers do. Transparency, etc., etc. But saying MSDN keys, or Dreamspark keys or any other "not for resale" Windows keys can't be sold here sets a precedent: no codes for anything marked "Not For Resale" could be sold here. Transparency is important, but so is consistency.

I asked him if the keys he sold were MSDN keys, and he was very upfront about the fact that they were. I don't think it's something he is trying to hide, for what it's worth. I do think that it needs to be made clear in his posts though, and the implications along with it.

ekgrey

Its too bad nobody can get cheap psn codes or w/e. Its just Windows codes. Also where do they even come from? Does he get a discount at Best Buy ? or what?

If you read the thread, it's pretty clear. MSDN keys are sold to developers. There are also discounted codes for schools (I paid $20 for Windows 8.1) and some businesses.

I asked him if the keys he sold were MSDN keys, and he was very upfront about the fact that they were. I don't think it's something he is trying to hide, for what it's worth. I do think that it needs to be made clear in his posts though, and the implications along with it.
Well, I'm glad he was upfront with you, but yeah, as you said he really needs to take it further and post it.

Basically, can someone explain to him he needs to speak up?
I will PM him to make sure he knows of this discussion.
Edit: done.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Just to add a comment on the recent Windows key issue, do note that this problem has happened before with a very similar issue and all he wanted to do was reissue keys and avoid talking about his business altogether. It looks to be the same now as he hasn't bothered to post and only issued another key to a user without explaining himself.

I always thought he was just reselling $15-20 keys from reddit, but who knows just how deep that rabbit hole goes.

In any event, I don't mean to assume, but I'm not shocked at all at the recent events considering all the signs were there for the longest time.

What I don't understand is: why did people here buy from him instead of going with a trusted Reddit seller with hundreds of feedbacks which is even cheaper?

bakeray

What I don't understand is: why did people here buy from him instead of going with a trusted Reddit seller with hundreds of feedbacks which is even cheaper?
I would assume a lot of people kind of just found this place cus they're on GAF, they aren't savvy to common places to find deals like a lot of us are.

//ARCANUM

Soulflarz

Banned
Actually, according to PC world, it *will* upgrade even off a pirated copy of Windows 7/8/8.1: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2898...-a-free-upgrade-for-software-pirates-too.html

There has to be a catch.
Like off topic to the "the pirated keys will work", but I'm still confused as hell as to why MS is doing this. I'm not complaining, just confused :p

Probably unaware of Reddit deals like that.

I really just wish threetri would speak up. There is an issue here, clearly.

While I agree it's an issue, he seems to be helping via Pm for some users.

When I got into contact with him via PM he apologized and issued a refund for my troubles when I asked for it.

While it might not be a satisfactory response, at least it's something you know?

NeOak

There has to be a catch.
Like off topic to the "the pirated keys will work", but I'm still confused as hell as to why MS is doing this. I'm not complaining, just confused :p

Because they are fighting a lot of malware that exists by using exploits in unpatched copies of Windows. So at least it removes a lot of the security holes there are going on atm that botnets uses and so on.

NeOak

ah well I missed it by 2 days then lol, never mind!

edit - looks like what's his face didn't get top post, so does that mean he's abandoning the thread?

Or maybe because he seems to be trying to fix everything before posting again?

Like:

While I agree it's an issue, he seems to be helping via Pm for some users.

When I got into contact with him via PM he apologized and issued a refund for my troubles when I asked for it.

While it might not be a satisfactory response, at least it's something you now?

braves01

Banned
Hi,

I'm looking to sell my GBC/GBA collection. I tried to get a rough guess of price using pricecharting.com and then discounting about 20%. I'd like $400 shipped (to the 48) via Paypal gift. That's about $24/game only counting the CIB stuff, and only $16/game if you include the loose carts, not to mention the hardware. I would provide tracking and insurance. I won't be able to ship until Tuesday, but I figured I'd list now so I can try to answer any questions and so on in the meantime.

Here's what's included:

Used solid purple GBC
Used Glacier (translucent light blue) GBA with broken battery door
DKC 1
DKC 2
DKC 3
FFV
Metroid Fusion CIB
SMB 3
SMW CIB
WarioWare CIB
THPS 2 CIB
Mario Kart CIB
Castlevania: DP CIB
Castlevania: CotM CIB
M&L CIB
ChuChu Rocket CIB
Golden Sun CIB
Mario v. DK
Advance Wars CIB
Metroid: ZM/bootleg (Broken cart with damaged pins, but complete box; bootleg works but I'd advise you not to use it in anything)
Zelda: ALTTP CIB (box is in slightly less good condition than the others)
DKC for GBC CIB
Rampage CIB
WarioWare Twisted CIB
Metroid II
Zelda: Oracle of Ages CIB
Drill Dozer
Klax CIB
Link's Awakening CIB (slight damage to lower left of box, see picture)
Yoshi's Island Box only, no cart

Please excuse the poor quality of these pictures. If you'd like additional pictures of something in particular, please PM me. It might take a couple days to get the picture, however, sorry in advance.

Zing

Banned
WTB the Ocarina of Time "Official Soundtrack" originally offered by Club Nintendo. I want the U.S./Canada edition. PM me if you have one to sell (or trade for
Amiibo
).

Looks like this:
20111229222911%21Ocarina_of_Time_3D_Soundtrack_Cover.jpg

Jirotrom

STEAM GAMES
Life is strange *traded*
GTA V
MK X
Dark Souls II Scholar *traded*
Ori and the blind forest *traded*
Cities skylines

WTS:
Amiibos all brand new in box US versions

Shulk $30 shipped
Captain Falcon $30 shipped
Diddy Kong $13 shipped
Lucario $40 shipped

If ypu live in dallas Ill knock off 5 on any of these marked prices, If you choose to buy more than 1 I'll knockoff 6 bucks off the total shipping.

Thanks, willing to trade for above steam codes

POSITIVE FEEDBACK for pots and pans worked out a great trade deal for amiibos

Taco_Rocket

Neo Member
Prices are not firm!

WTS

If I don't respond bear with me and message me again in 12 hours.

Thanks!

• GunMetal Gray Playstation 3 Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid 4 40GB Console ONLY

YnWigfkm.jpg

$130 - SALE PENDING (Through Craigslist, PM if still interested).

• Limited Edition Gears of War 3 Controller. Right joystick dog got to it. Does not affect gameplay
5fh4Fr4m.jpg

$25

• Super Mario Figures: Toad, Yoshi, Luigi. Creases on the box but figures are fine!

GKL9puKm.jpg

$25

• Xbox 360 Arcade Boxes. Just the box!

$10 each.

udRfIJim.jpg

fyH3wtlm.jpg

• Call of Duty Advanced Warfare Xbox One Console Box Only

B4vTz9vm.jpg

$45

• I also have a complete console of the metal gear solid 4 console stated above (sorry no box!) Has all cables and the matching controller.

With a 750GB hybrid drive

IU7u34Tm.jpg

eiRadtdm.jpg

BhPPEz0m.jpg

Was looking around $240.

Just PM what you think and we can talk about shipping. Thanks so much!

WTB

Looking for sealed of the following (NA only please!)

Link
Fox
Samus
WFT
Villager
Marth
Zelda
Luigi
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Rosalina
Bowser
Lucario
Toon Link
Sheik
Ike
Shulk
Megaman
King Dedede
Meta Knight

Super Mario:
Mario
Luigi
Bowser

If you have nicely opened boxes of amiibos let me know. I might be interested in those.
Please all US versions.

Here's the killer part. I'm looking for angels. I'm trying to keep most to retail + shipping + $thanks for helping

To show that I'm not reselling or anything I can provide you strong evidence. Please PM me and I will show you.

If you'll notice all the ones I'm asking for sealed are the ones I dont have. I also didn't learn in time how to open the ones I opened (so the boxes are kinda meh).

I have a gold mario to trade or I can trade for the items above.

eN7YUWCm.jpg

PM me with pics please.

Everything on sale, if prices dont meet your expectation make me a counter offer!

Custom made DS (fits N3DS, 3DSXL, N3DSXL, DS, DSi models, 8 games) - 25 dollars (Like New)
This case was custom made for me by a friend, however, I have no desire to use it. Normally it would be 55-60 bucks for a custom order, I feel a gaffer would benefit from it more than I would.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/6IAtG8d.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/34qsS1t.jpg[/IMG]

Freedom wars (CIB) - 15
Final Fantasy IV (CIB) DS - 15
Super Mario 64 DS -20
Nier (CIB) - 15
Castlevania Dawn of sorrow - 25
Castlevania order of eclessia - 25

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask EGuide - 5

Pokewalkers for Pokemon heart gold and soul silver (new batteries were recently installed, you have to reset the pokewalker data; have 2 of them) - 8 each

PSVita slim (2000) Screen and touch screen protector (NEW, STILL SEALED) - 5 dollars shipped (Its a JPN brand, but of VERY High quality. would recommend it of anyone needs to consider one; Also works ON the 1000 models too)

Code:
[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/Ak8AAOSwVFlT-WLj/$_57.JPG[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTYwMFgxNjAw/z/t4YAAOSwQItT-WLn/$_57.JPG[/IMG]

anything physical you can help cover shipping (4 dollars) or i can take care of it. would be nice if you pitch it, but it works either way.

PM me if interested in anything! Don't be afraid to contact me at all, I will work with your budget if needed!

Power Buyer (24)/ Power Seller (20)

Want To Trade:
Amiibos for Amiibos. Want: Captain Falcon, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Metaknight.
Have: Shulk, Rosalina, Lucario, Gold Mario.

Want to sell:
PS Vita Lego Movie the Game (digital code) - $10
PS4 Littlebigplanet 3 Plush Edition (sealed) - $60 + Shipping

Rosalina, Shulk, Lucario, Gold Mario amiibos (sealed) -$45 + shipping (each), Marth + Ike set - $70 + shipping, or $225 + shipping for all 6.

Feel free to make offers.

Movie codes:
Dates listed are the "expiration date". As of 4/12, all are confirmed to work.

All are Ultraviolet unless specified.

$2 each, $4 for iTunes/UV combo codes.

*21 Jump Street - 6/26/14
*30 Minutes or Less/BadTeacher/Easy A - 12/31/17
Argo - 2/19/15
Army of Darkness - Expiration Unknown
*Avengers Confidential: Black Widow/Punisher - 12/31/17
Bad Grandpa.5 - 7/8/16 - (iTunes + UV)
Contagion - 1/3/14
Django Unchained - 6/30/15
Dread - 1/8/14 - (iTunes + UV)
*Evil Dead (2014) - 12/31/16
Gangster Squad - 4/23/15
G.I. Joe: Retaliation - 7/30/15 - (iTunes + UV)
Gravity - 2/25/16
Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters - 6/11/15 - (iTunes + UV)
Horrible Bosses - 3/11/16
Jurassic Park - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Jurassic Park: The Lost World - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Jurassic Park III - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
*Men in Black 3 - 11/30/14
Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol - 4/7/13 - (iTunes + UV)
Oblivion - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Serenity - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Shaun of the Dead - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - 6/12/14
Silent Hill: Revelations - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
Snow White & the Huntsman - 4/30/17 - (iTunes + UV)
Star Trek: Into Darkness - 9/10/15 - (iTunes + UV)
Ted - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
*The Amazing Spider-Man - 11/9/14
The Bourne Legacy - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
The Expendables 2 - 11/20/13 - (iTunes + UV)
The Dark Knight Rises - 12/4/14
*The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - 3/20/14
The Hangover Part II - 12/6/13
The Hangover Part III - 10/8/15
The Hunger Games - 8/18/13 - (iTunes + UV)
The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - 3/7/15 - (iTunes + UV)
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - 6/25/15
The Incredible Hulk - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
The Last Stand - 5/21/14 - (iTunes + UV)
The World’s End - Expiration Unknown - (iTunes + UV)
*This Is The End - 12/31/16
*Total Recall (2014) and Total Recall (2014) (Unrated) [One Code] - 12/18/14

Super 8 - 11/22/12 - (possible iTunes + UV)
Redeemable on UV site but does not show movie title or picture

* - sonypictures.com/uvredeem
+ - foxuv.com

Paypal gift please. US only, please.

Want To Buy:
GameCube gameboy player disc
SNES ac adapter
SNES controller
SNES games
Lucina amiibo
Meta Knight amiibo

Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers Games

Majora's Mask (N64, preferably the holo cart)
Twilight Princess (gamecube)
A Link to the Past (SNES)
Ocarina of Time/Master Quest (GameCube)
Link's Awakening DX (Gameboy Color)
And to a lesser extent Adventures of Link (nes)

Starfox 64 3d and Kid icarus Uprising codes from club nintendo

McBryBry

Looking to trade Amiibo. I have a Sealed North America Gold Mario, and I'm looking for nearly anything. My most wanted are Little Mac, Captain Falcon and DeDeDe. PM me offers if interested! Thanks.

NeoGAF Plus rated seller, buy with confidence. PayPal gifts ONLY.

Have (Steam keys, US based):

tMMmeNs.jpg

Skulls of the Shogun - $3 (Steam gift)

9OPvKmy.png

Inversion - $3 (NA region locked)

engfFGU.png

Red Faction Armageddon - $2

uL3VLXb.jpg

Metro 2033 - $2

Dunan

Looking to BUY the English-language (NA/EU; either fine) PS4 Final Fantasy Type-0, shipped to Japan (plain first-class shipping is fine) for a cheap price. Amazon has it for $39.95 plus another $8 in international shipping, and that includes the FFXV Episode Duscae demo, which I could probably sell off for about $20-25, making the net price about $25 or so. I don't really need the demo, so if you've consumed yours, I'd love to buy the main game from you if you can beat that net price. Finished the game and just looking to unload? You've got a buyer!

Syriel

A new update on my issues with threetri333's Windows 7 Professional Key

I have some good news! After the second key he sent me did not work, he sent me the following message and procedure:

Guess what? It worked!

It's hard for me to complain at this point as I honestly should have known that paying 1/3rd of the price for a Microsoft key will not come without its share of problems. This will hopefully hold me through college finals, and when/if it breaks again, I will just buy directly from Microsoft.

So the lesson learned? Buyers need to be aware that threetri333 is selling developer keys that can deactivate or be flagged by Microsoft as counterfeit at any point. He was kind enough to give me another key for free, but whether that is worth the savings is up to you.

Thanks to my fellow gaffers for the advice and help as well! This community has it's bad moments but overall there's nothing like it.

If you're being told to use the Software License Manager (slmgr), then you're likely being sold Volume License keys.

These keys come in two forms (KMS and MAK). The former connects to a corporate Key Management Server. The latter is a Multiple Activation Key and validates with MS, but is good for multiple uses.

Basically, a corporation with a Volume License has access to all the keys they need. Anyone who has the appropriate credentials can login to the server and pull as many keys as needed.

If a key is overused, you'll see the behavior that is described.

And under no circumstances should you EVER pay any money for any of the KMS keys listed here:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff793406.aspx

ekgrey

Just to clarify: posting feedback between listings is absolutely fine, just please don't quote your listing when you do. :)

---------------------------------

Regarding threetri333 (sorry for not quoting individual folks here, just don't want to take up more space in the thread than necessary): He responded to my PM. He is definitely not abandoning the thread and indicated he will continue to help anyone affected. He seems genuinely concerned about the issue and wants to continue selling here and is willing to make sure his posts conform to the standards we've been talking about.

I think he is probably figuring out what to say before posting again. I for one am encouraged by our communication. Hopefully everything will be resolved shortly and we can move on.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Regarding threetri333 (sorry for not quoting individual folks here, just don't want to take up more space in the thread than necessary): He responded to my PM. He is definitely not abandoning the thread and indicated he will continue to help anyone affected.
Issuing a new key isn't helping. It's delaying the inevitable while hoping to continue to take in money. It's also ignoring the root of the problem. And I'm sure he wants to continue selling. He's been selling grey keys, without immediate full disclosure, at a hefty mark up. I don't care about violating a company's bullshit TOS. Fuck em. But I think not being upfront about the type of keys is being purposely shady for the sake of profit.

Issuing a new key isn't helping. It's delaying the inevitable while hoping to continue to take in money. It's also ignoring the root of the problem. And I'm sure he wants to continue selling. He's been selling grey keys, without immediate full disclosure, at a hefty mark up. I don't care about violating a company's bullshit TOS. Fuck em. But I think not being upfront about the type of keys is being purposely shady for the sake of profit.

Bboy, moving forward, this type of situation will fall under rule #4 in the OP - I'm going to expand the definition a bit to mention that all users must indicate exactly what they are selling and how it will work. We have a pretty good idea of what these keys involve now, but other sellers may try the same method.

If it happens again, there shouldn't be any reason for us to allow that person to continue selling here.

Beyond that, the thread's hiccups should continue to be rare. Hopefully, all sellers learn to be a little more transparent.

You know, like Max admitting his head-scratching middle name.

ekgrey

Oh yeah, I absolutely agree. I just meant to say that I think (hope) he is trying to do the best he can going forward. Whether that's enough, I can't say. I didn't buy from him. The fact that a couple who did have said they are happy to have gotten working keys or a refund is encouraging. Again, whether or not anyone will buy from him, well, we'll see. He MUST be clear in future listings and chances are that'll deter most folks.

But I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt here. Did he know they were grey market keys? Obviously. Did he know it might be a problem? I don't know. It seems likely. And that's shitty. However, he is a Platinum trader. The highest someone can get in B/S/T. The fact that we've only had a handful of members say they've had issues out of all those transactions hopefully means the vast majority of his wares have been and continue to be good. If this is the beginning of every single key he sold failing, well, we'll see soon enough.

I just don't think we can stop someone from selling a non-illegal item here. Shit, we don't even stop people with negative feedback from trying to sell here. And the fact is, no one has left him negative feedback.

Hopefully everything is peachy-keen going forward. I think the most we can do as a community is to push openness and accountability.

jonno394

Black Butler Season 1 Combi-pack and Season 2 Limited Edition w/artbox combipack - £50 +P&P (free P&P within UK)

14933644935_f6b07f5636_c.jpg

Anohana - The Flower we Saw that Day Premium Edition - £90+P&P (free P&P within UK)

15840960124_7b778016eb_c.jpg

Harry Potter Hogwarts Collectors Edition (31 disc set) - this is a French release so box and packaging is in French but all films are English friendly and region free - £50 +P&P (the crease in picture is on the cardboard not on the product)

16931526168_b8cd6279c2_c.jpg

Available to UK, Europe. Canada and USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom