• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sale:

Yuzo Koshiro CD Music
These are the best collections of music from games Yuzo Koshiro has
done. They are really hard to find.

Yuzo Kushiro 6 CD set: $75 shipped

qlfJ81o.jpg

SNES Everdrive Flash Cart v2 (NO GAMES ON SD CARD!)

I got this from Stone age gamer but never used it.
Looking for $120 shipped.

Neo Geo Pocket Color Camo Blue
: $57 shipped
It comes with the original manuals and box as well.
Works and looks like new.

Neo Geo Console for MVS carts
:

I had someone on NeoGaf help me build a
consolized Neo Geo machine out of Neo Geo
arcade machine parts. It works great but I am
letting it go due to financial reasons. It would include
everything you need minus a Neo Geo controller which
you can find on ebay easily. It is RGB output only.

Looking for $310 shipped.

pwack

There may be a better place for it, but not finding it. Here are free Mewtwo codes via Modbot.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away my Mewtwo codes. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002170.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

x0NgVuQ.png
Mewtwo WIi U -- MB-EE1663E44B359331 - Taken by Lambtron
x0NgVuQ.png
Mewtwo 3DS -- MB-1D4249037D729A9E - Taken by Anfang

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Positive seller feedback for r3n4ud - he trusted someone named VinceMcMahon and sent the code before I even got the money over! Good guy.

OranSky

Banned
Positive seller feedback for bestpersonevar sold me his wii u Mewtwo code lickedy split, thanks again.

Edit: And positive seller feedback to Adam Prime as well. Sold me his 3ds code just as fast, many thanks.

*20% OFF ALL NEW GAMES (including, but not limited to, pre-orders & CE's) @ Best Buy & BestBuy.com
*10% OFF ALL USED GAMES @ Best Buy & BestBuy.com
*FREE SHIPPING
*NO CATCHES

DETAILS:
>Purchased items will be mailed directly to buyer's provided address
>Non-packaged DLC/pre-order bonuses will be forwarded to buyers whenever available
>Final prices based on the inclusion of Sales Tax per Buyer's location--I PM the final purchase price immediately after Buyer provides their address
>I accept PayPal (Gift preferred, or buyer pays fees)
>I gain nothing from this program other than Reward Zone Points for each purchase.

Notable new(er) releases:

Mortal Kombat
Xenoblade Chronicles
Witcher 3
Batman Arkham Knight
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker
Project Cars
Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster

DOTD(pre-tax prices):

WEEKLY DEALS (pre-tax prices):
FF: Type O HD (PS4/X1) - $39.99
Battlefield Hardline (PS4/X1/PS3/360) - $31.99
Battlefield Hardline Deluxe Edition (PS4/X1/PS3/360) - $49.99
Shadow of Mordor (PS4/X1/PS3/360) - $15.99
Sunset Overdrive (X1) - $23.99
Dead Rising: Apocalypse Edition (X1) - $23.99
Ryse: Son of Rome Legendary Edition (X1) - $23.99
Evil Within (PS4/X1/PS3/360) - $23.99
Far Cry 4 (PS4/X1/PS3/360) - $31.99
FIFA 15 (PS4/X1/PS3/360) - $31.99
God of War Collection (Vita) - $23.99
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3/360) - $11.99

Bogus

Price drop:

I'm looking to sell a 3G / WiFi PlayStation Vita in addition to a G̶a̶m̶e̶B̶o̶y̶ ̶M̶i̶c̶r̶o̶. Neither device has seen much use, and we're trying to downsize the amount of clutter in our home.

I would greatly prefer to sell each item in a bundle if possible (as described below), but I'm open to individual deals as well. Feel free to send a PM if you have any interest.

Playstation VITA 3G / WiFi bundle -- ($150.00)
Includes:
  • PS Vita system (original box, charger, SIM card, and documentation included)
  • Tearaway (case included, but no manual)
  • 4GB Memory card
  • 16GB Memory card
Notes:
  • Minor scuff marks are visible on the rear touchpad of the Vita. The touchpad is perfectly functional, and otherwise the device is in like-new condition.
  • Minor mura effect (inky black splotching) appears on the OLED when the screen is completely black (like during a loading screen) while playing in a dark room. The effect is completely unnoticeable otherwise (and it was there when I bought the system new -- it hasn't gotten worse in the past year and a half). The screen itself is pristine; incredibly vibrant with no dead pixels or blemishes. From what I've read, this is a very common effect with the Vita (and with OLED screens in general), but admittedly I don't know much about it; I just know that I've hardly noticed it.
  • I did a terrible job applying the screen protector, but if you can ignore that, then hey, bonus! :)
Vita (package) said:
Vita (front) said:
Vita (back) said:

G̶a̶m̶e̶B̶o̶y̶ ̶M̶i̶c̶r̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶n̶d̶l̶e̶ -- (Sale pending)
Includes:
  • Silver GameBoy Micro (no box, charger, or documentation included)
  • Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island (no case or manual)
  • Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (no case or manual)
  • Drill Dozer (no case or manual)
  • The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (no case or manual)
  • Golden Sun (no case or manual)
Notes:
  • Neither of the Micro's shoulder buttons register presses. I'm not sure why they're nonfunctional; my guess is that they need to be cleaned, but I don't trust myself to take this thing apart without losing a screw or breaking it. I originally bought the device used five years ago, and the left shoulder button only worked intermittently at the time. The rest of the buttons work perfectly and feel great, but this one is definitely a fixer-upper.
  • Minor scuffs are visible on the chassis and faceplate of the Micro. The screen underneath is unmarked.
Micro (package) said:

maxcriden

Free stuff.

First come first serve.

-Club Nintendo 2014 Desk Calendar. For a collector who doesn't mind something a bit dinged up.

-The Wire set t-shirt two pack:

"Carcetti for Mayor"

"Mayor Royce Makes us Proud"

unworn, been sitting in a closet. :) Please pay shipping on this one.

people really need to read the thread before posting
BTW, why isn't bannable to repost twice before the 150 rule? and even when it has been addressed?

I think I'm addressing both concerns here:

1. Sellers/buyers are free to post whatever price they seem fit for a particular item. It's a free market, so anything more than a simple "hey, just so you know" regarding a lower price shouldn't happen.

2. Blatant reposting is a concern we watch for. The feedback team will take action when necessary, but the thread does a good job of self-moderating when people break and abuse the rule. And yes - there have been bans in the past related to it (or at least from what I can tell before I joined the feedback team).

wiibomb

I think I'm addressing both concerns here:

1. Sellers/buyers are free to post whatever price they seem fit for a particular item. It's a free market, so anything more than a simple "hey, just so you know" regarding a lower price shouldn't happen.

2. Blatant reposting is a concern we watch for. The feedback team will take action when necessary, but the thread does a good job of self-moderating when people break and abuse the rule. And yes - there have been bans in the past related to it (or at least from what I can tell before I joined the feedback team).

fair enough, sorry for the post, won't be repeated

No worries. It's mentioned in the OP, but I'd guess that many of us are guilty of breaking it at one point or another.

Doesn't the rule you posted explicitly say: "so anything more than a simple "hey, just so you know" regarding a lower price shouldn't happen."

Isn't that basically what wiibomb said though? He just stated that they were generally selling for a lower price. It could maybe be interpreted differently, but I took as a "hey, just so you know" kind of statement.

I'm not trying to start an argument or anything and obviously it's not a big deal at all in this case, but I just think that maybe we need to clarify that particular rule a bit if that's how it's going to be enforced. I've kinda went back and forth on my stance about the issue, so I don't really care either way. Just think we need to have a solid rule in place though.

-----------------------

Edit: I just re-read and realized that you were most likely referring to wiibomb's comment of "People really need to read the thread before posting." If that's the case, then completely disregard what I said above.

-Cloggerdude: here is my feeling on the "price is lower" stuff. Some people will post a price that they are willing to sell an item at. They may be a scenario where they have no need to sell said item but if they are to let go of it, they post their asking price. On the flipside, if someone feels that is the price they would be willing to pay for it, because to them the value is justified (rightly or wrongly), then they pay it, even if it can be bought elsewhere cheaper.

There are too many variables at play and intention is behind a lot of it. We cannot quantify or measure intent. My suggestion is we do not assert that a lower price can be found elsewhere or that "fair" market value is X, Y or Z. Seller may be selling sentimentality.

If the seller finds his item isn't selling, he will react accordingly.

Right, I completely understand what you're saying. Like I said, I've been on both sides of the argument, so I don't really care what we decide to do at this point. My point was that the rule nrvalleytime quoted above is definitely open to interpretation, because it explicitly states that it's okay to give someone a "just so you know" about a price being high.

Of course, that being said, I'm not even sure where nrvalleytime got that from, since I just went back and read the OP and it doesn't even say that anywhere. I guess he just typed it up for that? I'm not even sure now, haha.

wiibomb

Right, I completely understand what you're saying. Like I said, I've been on both sides of the argument, so I don't really care what we decide to do at this point. My point was that the rule nrvalleytime quoted above is definitely open to interpretation, because it explicitly states that it's okay to give someone a "just so you know" about a price being high.

Of course, that being said, I'm not even sure where nrvalleytime got that from, since I just went back and read the OP and it doesn't even say that anywhere. I guess he just typed it up for that? I'm not even sure now, haha.

oh so it wasn't just me haha... I thought that I just didn't read it when the thread was created.. but I don't see it :p

The OP says "not to whine," so I definitely assume people are acting on the interest of any potential seller when they say something like "hey, you might not be able to sell something at that price because xyz."

Like Groovy said, it's a free market. Just check all egos at the door, and it allows for some genuinely kind person to help another seller who might not know the price for what he or she is selling.

Then again, I tend to see the good in people, so perhaps not. Either way, "whining" about a price isn't tolerated. It's the spirit behind the post that should also be considered.

Edit - and when I mentioned the OP, I was talking about the "not whining" rule. I tend to see that it allows for people to occasionally mention something to someone, even if only in PM. Perhaps more clarification is needed there.

I appreciate this feedback, if I haven't mentioned it.

Edit - and when I mentioned the OP, I was talking about the "not whining" rule. I tend to see that it allows for people to occasionally mention something to someone, even if only in PM. Perhaps more clarification is needed there.

I appreciate this feedback, if I haven't mentioned it.

Yeah, my whole point was that I think some clarification might be needed. I wouldn't be opposed to just making the Rules in the OP say that you are free to let someone know their price is too high, but that you should only do it via PM. As much as I feel like it can be good to call out high prices (if it's done in the right spirit), having the rule clarified to say only PM's might cut down on any future drama.

chualie

A very POSITIVE buying experience with Chualie.

Bought from him a couple of wiimotes and they arrived in perfect condition. Awesome communication as well. Many thanks!

Positive buyer feedback for zdefonte.

Quick payment. First time shipping to Guam but was smooth overall

TP

Want to Buy

Ninja Gaiden 3 razor's edge PS3
Looking for it in good condition, with manual
most I want to pay is $12 shipped

CzM2xUu.jpg

IronRinn

NeoGAF Plus Seller.

WTS

Please feel free to make offers, with rare exception, these prices are not 100% firm. If you would like more pictures let me know and I will get them to you. All prices include shipping in the US, unless otherwise noted. Listing with two prices indicate PayPal Gift/Mechandise payment costs (higher merchandise cost includes PayPal fees). The more expensive stuff I don't expect gift payments for, so there is only the one price. Most of these pics are linked so click for a full-sized image.

Mass Effect 2 Tali Lithograph $50.00/$51.50. 9" x 12" Not signed or numbered. Excellent condition. Ships flat. SOLD

Toys

Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. 2nd GIG Motoko Kusanagi 1/7 PVC Figure Vice $160.00 + shipping. Displayed for a time but it's mostly been sitting in a box in my closet. Some wear to the box (specifically on the left side, as seen in the pic) but the figure is in excellent condition and is complete with stand, pistol, and instruction sheet.

NECA Bioshock 2 Toys R US Exclusive Big Sister w/ Little Sister $39.95/$41.25. Excellent condition with one issue. The right arm is comprised of two pieces which connect right where the strap is on the bicep It's a peg and socket (the top of the socket is the top of the armband). When I first got it, whatever they used to connect these two parts failed, so I rejoined them with super glue. I have no idea why they molded the arm this way. It's been fine ever since and is completely invisible, but worth mentioning.

Games

Metroid: Zero Mission $50.00/$51.50 Complete and in excellent condition with three flaws (Back, top right edge, back bottom right corner, and on the bottom of the right side) which can be seen in the pics below. Manuals show some wear. SOLD

The Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Collector's Edition (PC) $100.00. Opened but new. Neither the game, nor the DLC has been activated. Everything is included (including the map and pamphlet, which I forgot to photograph). Cards, papercraft, and bust are still sealed. The big issue here is the thin plastic insert used to house everything has collapsed under the weight of the Geralt bust. Everything is in good condition with the exception of the instruction booklet for the card game, which is a bit bent, and the box for the game, which has some damage. The bust is still sealed, and the dark marks are where the "felt" from the insert has rubbed off on the shrinkwrap.

See album for all photos.
T2qmwNjm.jpg

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 $40.00/$41.25. Brand new, sealed.

Left 4 Dead, Silent Hill Downpour, Batman: Arkham City, Medal of Honor $20.00/$20.65. All for Xbox 360. Weird mix, I know. All in complete and in good condition. (Instruction booklet for L4D is a bit creased.) There are DLC codes included with MoH and Arkham City, but I don't know if they're still good.

Red Dead Redemption Playing Cards, Eradicator Soap, and Dice $35.00/$36.00. Outer box for the cards is opened but the cards themselves are still shrink-wrapped. Soap is sealed.

Hardcover Guides

Ni no Kuni: Curse of the White Witch Hardcover Guide $35.00/$36.00 shipped in the US. Sealed. Comes complete with code.

1mLhTFim.jpg

Fallout: New Vegas $18.00/$18.55. Wrinkled on the lower, front right corner and upper, back left corner.
ZSEWeocm.jpg
kiQocAQm.jpg

Skyrim $15.00/$15.50. This is the original version. Doesn't cover the expansion. Map is included and intact.

6AlkQIcm.jpg
zUwlizxm.jpg
BkllZdNm.jpg

Halo: Reach $15.00/$15.00. Noble Six cover. Excellent condition.

k26w9bDm.jpg
Y6pdHAcm.jpg
35rcKR6m.jpg

DVDs

Samurai Jack: Seasons 1-4 $50.00/$51.50 Complete and in excellent condition. SOLD

Ergo Proxy: Complete series with Collector's Slipcase and Bonus Disc. $40.00/$41.25. The only flaw with this is the case for the bonus disc, which is beat up. Everything else is in excellent condition.

Criterion Trio: Brazil, Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, Seven Samurai $30.00/$31.00. Seven Samurai has come wear on the corners and spine. Everything else is in excellent condition.

Aqua Teen Hunger Force Seasons 1-7 and Aqua Patrol Squad 1 $45.00/$46.35. Entirely too much ATHF. All in excellent condition. SOLD

Slowly trying to migrate as much stuff off of eBay to here. I update periodically, so keep an eye out!

wiibomb

I would like to leave positive seller feedback for GalacticMouse who traded my CN Gold Reward for his Platinum Reward, thanks a lot

I would like to leave positive seller feedback for GalacticMouse who traded my CN Gold Reward for his Platinum Reward, thanks a lot

Thanks wiibomb!

I already left feedback on this but I have a question for the community...

This was a "trade" in the sense that it was structured as follows:

I received - Code + $$
wiibomb received - Code

Since money was exchanged it could sort of be considered a buyer/seller transaction. However, I left "trader" feedback before. What's the correct process in this case and should I amend my prior feedback? Thanks!

Cth

WTS
3DS Super Smash Brothers Mewtoo DLC Code - $2.50 Paypal gift
WiiU Super Smash Brothers Mewtoo DLC Code - $2.50 Paypal gift

SOLD (both)

MUnited83

For you.
Selling Steam Games:

header.jpg

Mortal Kombat X - 25$ (limited quantities!)
Mortal Kombat X Premium Editionr-35$

header.jpg

GTA V(not Steam) - 37$
header.jpg

The Talos Principle - 16$ (ON SALE)
header.jpg

Pillars of Eternity Hero Edition - 28$
Champion Edition -35$

header.jpg

Life is Strange Complete Season- 14$
header.jpg

Football Manager 2015- 33$ (limited time sale)
header.jpg

Dead or Alive 5 with Preorder costume packs- 36$

header.jpg

Cities Skylines - 23$

header.jpg

Depth- 10$(two copies left)

Far Cry Franchise Pack old(doesn't include FC4) - 15$ (limited time sale)

Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3- 13$
Child of Light - 9$
Transistor - 10$
Valve Complete Pack 2013 - 23$
State of Decay - 10$
Wolf Among Us - 10$
Walking Dead Season 2 - 10$

all Region free

GM, I think you both post positive seller feedback. This is what I've posted in past trades. it would also make sense for both to post buyer feedback; as long as the feedbacks are on same side of table. nrvalley may have some input here soon

They end up counting all Trade feedback as Seller feedback for both users. Pretty sure that ekgrey has said it doesn't matter which you put, Trade or Seller, as they both end up getting counted as Seller anyway.

GM, I think you both post positive seller feedback. This is what I've posted in past trades. it would also make sense for both to post buyer feedback; as long as the feedbacks are on same side of table. nrvalley may have some input here soon

I'd see it as seller feedback because it seems more of a trade than a straight purchase.

However if it was more along the lines of trying to purchase the code for money at first then sweetening the deal with a code, then I would see it as buyer/seller feedback.

Just my two cents.

They end up counting all Trade feedback as Seller feedback for both users. Pretty sure that ekgrey has said it doesn't matter which you put, Trade or Seller, as they both end up getting counted as Seller anyway.

I'd see it as seller feedback because it seems more of a trade than a straight purchase.

However if it was more along the lines of trying to purchase the code for money at first then sweetening the deal with a code, then I would see it as buyer/seller feedback.

Just my two cents.

Okay cool...sounds like Seller/Seller is the best course of action and it looks like since I left trader it'll be counted as seller. I'll keep this in mind next time I trade with someone.

Thanks, all!

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I feel a bit bad that I got him banned to be honest. I don't think he was a malicious person; perhaps naive about what he was doing.
I'll bet my ability to post "$1 shipped" that ThreeTri was not at all naive about what he was doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom