• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Buy/Sell/Trade Thread 2015 Part 2 | Hanks Got Nothing on This Money Pit

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxcriden

Free stuff.

First come first serve.

-Club Nintendo 2014 Desk Calendar. For a collector who doesn't mind something a bit dinged up.

-The Wire set t-shirt two pack:

"Carcetti for Mayor"

"Mayor Royce Makes us Proud"

unworn, been sitting in a closet. :) Please pay shipping on this one.

Zelda: Link Between Worlds eGuiide

Mario 3DW eGuide

Mario 3D World Promotional Cat Ears

Super-Mario-3D-World-Cat-Ears-Promo.jpg

Not sealed, not used much.

NeOak

Free stuff.

First come first serve.

Newly added

Club Nintendo 2014 Desk Calendar. For a collector who doesn't mind something a bit dinged up.

Mario 3DW eGuide

PMed about the cat.

lol

wilflare

Free stuff.

First come first serve.

Newly added

Club Nintendo 2014 Desk Calendar. For a collector who doesn't mind something a bit dinged up.

Mario 3DW eGuide

dibs on the pet cat

SRTtoZ

Ok so I have a free Platinum gift with Club Nintendo, and I don't own any Nintendo consoles anymore, so I'm looking to trade any of the platinum gifts for maybe a steam game or a PSN/steam giftcard? 20 bucks or so would do. Let me know if you're interested.

Here is a list of Platinum games:

https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do

I think Tropical freeze is probably the best deal since its still $45 on amazon. Anyway, just PM me.

SmokeMaxX

Just a heads up - moving forward, no reselling of any keys can occur here if the reselling violates the terms of service of those items.

Obviously, we can't monitor or patrol Steam Keys (and we don't want to), but the seller in question from a few days ago has been banned by the moderation team.

If you're selling any kind of digital item, you need to publicly disclose that it hasn't been acquired secondhand and illegally (broad definition, I know). Ultimately, we're taking your word for it, but we all need to be transparent about the nature of the items we list in this thread. Just be honest, and don't sell illegal shit.

I'll work with sabanoo and ekgrey to arrive at the right wording for this rule and include it in the OP moving forward, but I wanted to update everyone about the situation.

Thanks, all. Hopefully we don't have any more hiccups like this for some time (ever).
Unfortunately I think he could've avoided being banned if he'd just confronted the thread and not have the issue escalate. For the record, are we saying Club Nintendo gifts can't be resold as well?
I get that we don't want any shady stuff on here; just trying to understand the full extent of the new rule.
On the other hand, guess there's less competition for first post on new pages.

Soulflarz

Banned
Unfortunately I think he could've avoided being banned if he'd just confronted the thread and not have the issue escalate. For the record, are we saying Club Nintendo gifts can't be resold as well?
I get that we don't want any shady stuff on here; just trying to understand the full extent of the new rule.
On the other hand, guess there's less competition for first post on new pages.

Uh....we dont care about TOS generally. MSDN keys for that purpose was illegal is the issue.
I think.

Aka carry on with CN codes?

edit: its also the fact that no one cares in those cases, compared to selling MSDN keys with no disclaimer. No one wants to buy keys that stop working.

wiibomb

Uh....we dont care about TOS generally. MSDN keys for that purpose was illegal is the issue.
I think.

Well, the way to know if it is illegal or not is by the ToS, this is a thick matter.. and I really don't know if its against the ToS of CN to give them to thirds, but I haven't a seen a problem about them

SmokeMaxX

I think.

edit: its also the fact that no one cares in those cases, compared to selling MSDN keys with no disclaimer. No one wants to buy keys that stop working.
I understand that noone cares in those cases, but the rules should reflect that- not have invisible exceptions. This is so that new buyers/sellers aren't in the dark.
Well, the way to know if it is illegal or not is by the ToS, this is a thick matter.. and I really don't know if its against the ToS of CN to give them to thirds, but I haven't a seen a problem about them
I thought someone said it was in a previous page?

Selling a Club Nintendo reward for $20 Amazon/PSN/eShop credit.
I send you the code, and after redeeming it and checking it works, you send me the $20 bucks code. I've got some positive feedback here.
The games are:
Wii U Games
  • Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (Wii U – Digital Download)
  • NES Remix 2 (Wii U – Digital Download)
  • Punch-Out!! (Wii U – VC)
  • Pushmo World (Wii U – Digital Download)
  • Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii U – VC)

Nintendo 3DS Games
  • Animal Crossing: New Leaf (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
  • Mario Golf World Tour (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
  • Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
  • Mario Party: Island Tour (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
  • New Super Mario Bros. 2 (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
  • Ultimate NES Remix (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)
  • Yoshi's New Island (Nintendo 3DS – Digital Download)

zdefonte

Neo Member
A very POSITIVE buying experience with Chualie.

Bought from him a couple of wiimotes and they arrived in perfect condition. Awesome communication as well. Many thanks!

I understand that noone cares in those cases, but the rules should reflect that- not have invisible exceptions. This is so that new buyers/sellers aren't in the dark.

Can't post too much at the moment, but - I think Club Nintendo will always be the exception. From what I understand, the ToS for the items don't allow them to be traded at all.

With that said, if people want to trade their items that they earned legitimately, it's known that Nintendo could revoke those keys. They probably won't, but it's your call as a buyer because you should know those keys always function that way.

Beyond that, I don't thnk any other keys will fall under that rule. Everything else should be approached with caution.

Hope that helps explain things a bit.

Soulflarz

Banned

I mean, it's kind of different in this case. Again, this had the added issue of the keys suddenly deactivating at any time. It's like if I tried selling you a tropical freeze code that I knew would stop working one day. Thats just wrong to do.

Anyone looking to digitize their WiiU collection? I'd like DK:Tropical Freeze, but I'd rather have the complete disk/case/manual (I would pay shipping).

If you have a retail copy of DK and would like a digital version (or any other platinum game) I would pay shipping, let me know via PM.

Thanks!

SmokeMaxX

I mean, it's kind of different in this case. Again, this had the added issue of the keys suddenly deactivating at any time. It's like if I tried selling you a tropical freeze code that I knew would stop working one day. Thats just wrong to do.

I get that the cases are different. I just want to make sure that the rule reflects that. If all keys that violate their TOS can't be sold, then technically CN codes fall under that rule. Everyone who's active on the thread now understands the rule and its full intent but that might not be the case in the future if the rule isn't clarified.

I'm referring specifically to this quote "Just a heads up - moving forward, no reselling of any keys can occur here if the reselling violates the terms of service of those items."

According to the Club Nintendo Terms and Conditions:

MISUSE OF CLUB NINTENDO.
You may not:

register more than once as a Club Nintendo member;
register the same Nintendo product more than once, unless expressly permitted by us;
register a product which was not lawfully purchased;
make use of Coins in any way other than for your own or members of your Family Account's personal use -- in particular, you may not sell, buy or auction Coins or transfer Coins to another account;
use or promote illicit technical aids in order to earn Coins, for example, to create, offer, distribute or use software programs or other means that create an automatic online interaction with Nintendo; or
sell rewards.
If we believe in our sole discretion that you misused Club Nintendo in any way, we may refuse the redemption of Coins and delete your Club Nintendo account, including the Coins you have earned.

I totally agree that Club Nintendo rewards should continue to be sold. I would just like clarity for future buyers/sellers. This isn't specific to Club Nintendo either, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

WTS

PS3 Console Bundle

Console:

60GB CHECHA01 with firmware 2.7 on it
Great condition, has cosmetic scratches and smudges here and there, but functions perfectly.
(No HDMI/Power cables, I needed them for my other system sorry!)

Games:

Castlevania Lords of Shadow
Resistance 3
Devil May Cry HD Collection
KungFu Rider (sealed)
uDraw Pictionary
uDraw studio

Accessories:

PlayStation Move
Nyko Charge Station for Move
PlayStation Move Sharp Shooter (w/ unused stickers)
PlayStation Eye
uDraw tablet

$200 + a little bit for shipping (Probably not more than $10 since I'd help cover a bit)

It's a bundle and I don't want to sell anything separately (I want it all gone at the same time if that makes sense?). If any potential buyer is in the bay area, we could meet up (and they'll have priority over those I would have to ship to of course), otherwise shipping will be determined with zip code info.

To be fair, I think most TOS are so ridiculous in their bullshit that to follow them to the letter you would need to have a team of lawyers on retainer for every single digital purchase.

HaL64

WTB:

Any retro video games in general. I want to buy large lots, your entire collection, your friend's collection, etc. Boxes, manuals, loose cartridges, systems, whatever. And yes I consider PS2/GC as retro.

First year issues of retro magazines and guides. EGM, Nintendo Power, etc.
faW3CQO.jpg

Retro store signage. Stuff like this:
r7XCvPZ.jpg

Have:
Paypal

H3xum

Have:

Steam keys! Unloading:

• Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition - $3
  • Sid Meier's Railroads! - $3
  • Sid Meier's Pirates! - $3
  • Stacking - $2
  • Psychonauts - $2
  • Costume Quest - $2
  • Mortal Kombat Kollection - $2
  • Guardians of Middle-earth - $5
  • F.E.A.R. 3 - $5
  • F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin - $4
  • F.E.A.R. - $3
  • Batman™: Arkham City GOTY - $5
  • Batman™: Arkham Asylum GOTY - $4
  • Star Wars™: The Force Unleashed™ II - $5
  • Star Wars™ The Force Unleashed™: Ultimate Sith Edition - $4
  • Star Wars™ Battlefront™ II - $5
  • Star Wars™ Knights of the Old Republic™ - $5
  • Star Wars™ Jedi Knight™ II: Jedi Outcast™ - $4
  • Star Wars™ Republic Commando - $4

Origin:

• Dead Space Origin Key - $3
  • Dead Space 3 Origin Key - $5
  • Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box Origin Key - $5
  • Mirror's Edge Origin Key - $3
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising Origin Key - $4
  • Populous Origin Key - $3

All negotiable since I'm just doing spring cleaning. Paypal (you get the fees, please)

PM me an offer on all of them for a crazy discount!

BiggNife

Hello!

So this is my first time doing this, so bear with me here.

I am selling my Hori Real Arcade Pro VX-SA:

It is obviously used, but in good condition and works just as well as when I first bought it. I didn't change the stick or the buttons, they're all Sanwa (which are the same parts used in Japanese arcades, and as a result designed to be extremely durable).

While I bought this as a 360 stick, it is worth mentioning that this stick works perfectly with PC. In fact, I've been using it exclusively as a PC stick for the past year. Any PC game that supports the 360 controller works with this stick out of the box, which is basically every PC game released in the past ten years. Of course, it also works with MAME and the like.

The only real noticeable signs of use on the stick are a small marker stain on the top right (I labeled my stick with a piece of tape and marker for a tourney and I accidentally marked the case a little) and it's missing the latch on the back, which quite frankly was flimsy as all hell and broke a week after I bought it so I just threw it out.

This stick sells for $125 plus shipping, but I am currently planning to sell it for $70 shipped in the US.

Note that I live in NJ, so the closer the better. Sorry Europeans, but I'm not willing to deal with international shipping prices for something this heavy.

If you are interested, please PM me. Thanks!

(also, the yellow color is just the lighting in my basement. The case is still white, as it was when I bought it).

isitstill

I saw a code for Titan Souls on the previous page for $10. If anyone else has one they'd like to sell, PM me. Thanks!

Edit: looking for the psn version. I know it's a long shot, especially because it's on sale via PS+, but I figured why not ask.

SiDCrAzY

I'm in the US and I accept Paypal Gift.

iPad Air 2 128GB Wifi only in excellent condition, it has been in a case since I got it. I will include the case(It's the same as this one).

Comes with original box and charger. No scratches on the iPad.

Looking for 549.00 dollars shipped or make me an offer.

AEIE8Qvl.png

Updated pics with slightly better ones.

Also selling a Kobo Aura HD(not H2O) for 100 dollars shipped.

It is in good condition. Only scratch I can see is close to the bottom of the device it has a small one, but no scratches on the screen.. Comes with original box and usb cable.

I get that the cases are different. I just want to make sure that the rule reflects that. If all keys that violate their TOS can't be sold, then technically CN codes fall under that rule. Everyone who's active on the thread now understands the rule and its full intent but that might not be the case in the future if the rule isn't clarified.

I'm referring specifically to this quote "Just a heads up - moving forward, no reselling of any keys can occur here if the reselling violates the terms of service of those items."

According to the Club Nintendo Terms and Conditions:

I totally agree that Club Nintendo rewards should continue to be sold. I would just like clarity for future buyers/sellers. This isn't specific to Club Nintendo either, it's just the first thing that came to mind.

I agree with everything you're saying here. The only thing I'll add is Club Nintendo codes are earned and owned - once you have the code, what you do with it is a bit different since it came from a member earning those coins and then redeeming them. It's different than something akin to a rebought Steam key (not Humble Bundle related keys) or a Microsoft Office code that will potentially expire without the seller knowing.

I understand that Nintendo can revoke those codes at any point if they suspect that someone has purchased or sold them, but that's pretty well known at this point. It's entirely at the risk of both buyer and seller, but those Club Nintendo things seem to be the one exception we'll make around here.

Perhaps it's worth further deliberation. I'll check with the rest of the feedback team to hear their thoughts as well.

KiDdYoNe

Positive buyer feedback for these duders:

littlegrasshopper
delt31
littlegrasshopper
lashman
Hyrule Warrior
Domcorleone
TheDancingWatermelon
Wallach
robotrock
Amagon