• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

Amir0x

Banned
Insane Metal said:
Some more, people. Sit down now, or you may fall on your knees O_O

jesus christ. i seriously thought that was a cap from some DVD movie for a second when I was scrolling down...

Rayme

wowfactor said:
The soldier models are a little bit different.
Model assets are identical across all platforms.

But listen; you're trying to compare pics from:
-Two different people.
-Two different TVs.
-Two different cameras.
-Two different levels of the game.

Not that you-yourself were trying to do what I'm about to address, but just for the record: I don't think anyone looking for an "AH-HAH! SEE? MY CONSOLE IS TEH BETTER!" snapshot is going to have any luck. Heaven forbid two groups of consumers have the same good game. The 360 & PS3; they are both very different hardware. A lot of people went to a lot of trouble to make sure both had as close to an identical experience.

For those with both systems (hi five!), who just want to know which to purchase the game for, I think you already know: whichever you're most comfortable with. Which controller do you like better? Where are your friends playing? Are you more into PSN or XBL? Etc.

[/accidental rant]

the_id

I can't help it, but i must ask one of you who has this game this stupid question:

Does this game look better than UE3 games?

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
the_id said:
I can't help it, but i must ask one of you who has this game this stupid question:

Does this game look better than UE3 games?

That's pretty broad and all, but sure it does.

moai

Ragnarok10 said:

this is your second attempt to derail this thread.
you really can't fight this guys...............i'm out of here, this thread is doomed :(

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Rayme said:
Model assets are identical across all platforms.

But listen; you're trying to compare pics from:
-Two different people.
-Two different TVs.
-Two different cameras.
-Two different levels of the game.

Not that you-yourself were trying to do what I'm about to address, but just for the record: I don't think anyone looking for an "AH-HAH! SEE? MY CONSOLE IS TEH BETTER!" snapshot is going to have any luck. Heaven forbid two groups of consumers have the same good game. The 360 & PS3; they are both very different hardware. A lot of people went to a lot of trouble to make sure both had as close to an identical experience.

For those with both systems (hi five!), who just want to know which to purchase the game for, I think you already know: whichever you're most comfortable with. Which controller do you like better? Where are your friends playing? Are you more into PSN or XBL? Etc.

[/accidental rant]

This needs to be posted at the top of every page.

Ragnarok10

moai said:
this is your second attempt to derail this thread.
you really can't fight this guys...............i'm out of here, this thread is doomed :(
Chill the fuck out dude. I wonder if you even realize your comments do far more derailment then I could hope to ever to do. Get over your higher than thee complex. These are video GAMES. I simply posted two pics from the same point in the game for the purposes of discussion. This is still a discussion forum, yes? I give up.

Ragnarok10 said:

the PS3 version is obviously superior. Look at all that fog in the 360 version, it practically covers up the soldier models that are like 10 feet in front of you. N64 Turok says hi! and the HUD in the 360 version is way more cluttered. Like i need an on screen text to tell me when im being "still".

Ragnarok10 said:
Chill the fuck out dude. I wonder if you even realize your comments do far more derailment then I could hope to ever to do. Get over your higher than thee complex. These are video GAMES. I simply posted two pics from the same point in the game for the purposes of discussion. This is still a discussion forum, yes? I give up.

Damn Junior.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Ninja Scooter said:
the PS3 version is obviously superior. Look at all that fog in the 360 version, it practically covers up the soldier models that are like 10 feet in front of you. N64 Turok says hi! and the HUD in the 360 version is way more cluttered. Like i need an on screen text to tell me when im being "still".

You also get an extra soldier covering the outside in the PS3 version.

Soldiers are the new barrels

TEH-CJ

Banned
Wario64 said:
You also get an extra soldier covering the outside in the PS3 version.

Soldiers are the new barrels

And more grass in the ps3 version

OH SNAP!

I kid i kid :D ... "takes 2nd look"...or am i O_O

* Runs *

beerbelly

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:

As you can see, because of the slow Blu-ray speed, your 360's teammates have already opened the door and smoked the room while the PS3 version is still waiting for the door/room to load ;-)

Beautiful game.

My 360 always breaks right before a big release. Fuck you Microsoft for making me wait to play this amazing game.

British SAS FTW. I'm still buying this game on Tuesday so I can stare at the case.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GalacticAE said:
My 360 always breaks right before a big release. Fuck you Microsoft for making me wait to play this amazing game.

British SAS FTW. I'm still buying this game on Tuesday so I can stare at the case.
The visuals on the case own real life!

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Actually they've replaced a soldier from the PS3 version to the far left with a bicycle in the 360 version.

Ragnarok10

Captain Glanton said:
Damn Junior.
Nice, straight out of the "I've got an arbitrary number of posts and therefore the excuse to lack an original thought and instead just post something I remember reading somewhere" book.

Rayme said:

Ah, just ignore the trolls, Rayme. You guys did an awesome job, and no matter what platform people get your game on, they will be satisfied.

Anywho, I must say that the levels
'All Ghillied Up' and 'One shot, One kill'
are two of the best stages in a FPS ever. I bow to IW.

:bow

Sharp

Ragnarok10 said:
Nice, straight out of the "I've got more posts but still have no fucking clue how to respond, so I'll stick to something I remember reading somewhere" book.
No, no, see, it has nothing to do with your number of posts, it's that the comparison sucks and there's no particular reason to discuss it unless you're out trollin'.

MercuryLS

Banned
Vyse The Legend said:
Ah, just ignore the trolls, Rayme. You guys did an awesome job, and no matter what platform people get your game on, they will be satisfied.

Anywho, I must say that the levels
'All Ghillied Up' and 'One shot, One kill'
are two of the best stages in a FPS ever. I bow to IW.

:bow

shut up shut up shut up

EB better have this game tomorrow.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I wonder how responsive IW will be in terms of listening to feedback from the community and making changes to playlists should the need arise.

I can only hope they're not like Bungie, where it takes them weeks to make even the smallest of changes (shotty snipers fiasco)

J-Rzez

Jirotrom said:
not all will have it, it really depends if the manager wants to go pick them up.

This is true... One of my best friend's is the Assistant Mgr at one of my local gamestops, and the manager is picking them up tomorrow from the airport... She's supposed to be there for 2 or 3 iirc... And that bitch Aeries called me and told me it'll be there early evening... Can't wait!!!

SnakeXs

LiquidMetal14 said:
Someone give me the multiplayer modes and description please.

A little tough. Last I was on there were only 400~ playing, and 389 were on Team Deathmatch. Getting a non-TD match isn't all that easy right now, but me and Vyse will hopefully try later.

That said, some sound very interesting.

Gimme 5 or so and I'll type up a list.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
SnakeXs said:
A little tough. Last I was on there were only 400~ playing, and 389 were on Team Deathmatch. Getting a non-TD match isn't all that easy right now, but me and Vyse will hopefully try later.

That said, some sound very interesting.

Gimme 5 or so and I'll type up a list.
Woot Woot. I'm anxiously awaiting this as well :D

Shamrock

Banned
Not sure if this was posted yet, but here is a nice interview with 402 from IW about COD 4. It's a good interview about 20 minutes long. Interview

- Frames locked at 60 gps

- Hardcore mode: no radar, no ammo count, no directions to objectives.

- Old school mode: double health, extra ammo, no classes, perks laid around (pick up's)

- Responds to OXM claim the SP campaign is short

- NO split screen over live confirmed

- Talks about physics in the game and interactive environments

- 16 maps in the retail edition

- Various changes: Wall textures changed on Crash map to lessen camping in the buildings by allowing more bullet penetration

Dizzan

MINI Member
Wollan said:
There's no reason for there not being. It's P2P right (and as far as I know, only MotorStorm has region locked (dedicated) servers for any PS3 game).

Also Calling All Cars

SnakeXs

Team Deathmatch
-Straight up Team Deathmatch. Use teamwork to kill enemy players and reach the score limit. Players 6-12.

Free for All
-Straight up Deathmatch. Every man for himself. Kill everyone. Players 4-8.

Domination
-3 flags in the level must be captured. Your team gets points for having control of a flag. The more flags your team holds, the more points you gain. Players 6-12.

Ground War
-Big team games - Team Deathmatch and Domination. Players 8-18.

Sabotage
-A neutral bomb is in the center of the level and teams fight to destroy the enemy team's objective. The bomb carrier can be seen by all players. First team to successfully bomb the enemy objective wins. 6-12

Headquarters
-A neutral base to capture is marked in the level. Each team fights to capture it. Capture and hold it to gain points. The team that holds the the HQ doesn't respawn. Players 6-12.

Search and Destroy
-No respawning, defend and destroy the objective. Players 6-12.

Team Objective
-Objective game modes only. Domination, Headquarters, Sabotage, and Search and Destroy. Players 6-12.

Team Tactical
-Small team based games. Team Deathmatch, Domination, Headquarters, Sabotage, and Search and Destroy.

There you go.

SnakeXs said:
Headquarters
-A neutral base to capture is marked in the level. Each team fights to capture it. Capture and hold it to gain points. The team that holds the the HQ doesn't respawn. Players 6-12.

<3 <3 <3

Best MP mode ever.

Ashhong

Ragnarok10 said:

I don't understand what people are saying after this picture. They both look the same to me. Disregarding the fact that they are separate scenes, tvs, cameras, etc, is there any difference in quality here that I'm missing? They both look great.

Ashhong said:
I don't understand what people are saying after this picture. They both look the same to me. Disregarding the fact that they are separate scenes, tvs, cameras, etc, is there any difference in quality here that I'm missing? They both look great.

Yeah, they are the same. Just disregard comparison pictures. They're bollocks.

Top Bottom