• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
lionelhutz said:
I'd like to know this as well. My choppers never seem to get many kills.

From my experience, choppers are only good for killing noobs and providing heavy suppressing fire. That and allowing you and other teammates to get easy kills from people who're too busy trying to shoot the thing down.

lionelhutz

industrian said:
From my experience, choppers are only good for killing noobs and providing heavy suppressing fire. That and allowing you and other teammates to get easy kills from people who're too busy trying to shoot the thing down.

Damn the IW matchmaking system. I need to be in a room with more noobs.

industrian

lionelhutz said:
Damn the IW matchmaking system. I need to be in a room with more noobs.

Occasionally I'll get the odd level 4-10 guy in the room (PS3 version). But avoiding a helicopter is almost as easy as avoiding martyrdom. I'd only call in a chopper if my team worked well and used it as suppressing fire and/or were able to shepherd the enemy team into the chopper's line of fire.

lionelhutz

industrian said:
Occasionally I'll get the odd level 4-10 guy in the room (PS3 version). But avoiding a helicopter is almost as easy as avoiding martyrdom. I'd only call in a chopper if my team worked well and used it as suppressing fire and/or were able to shepherd the enemy team into the chopper's line of fire.

The only time I have a problem with the choppers is on Shipment. With a little bit of patience and awareness of the surroundings I can usually avoid the chopper.

industrian

lionelhutz said:
The only time I have a problem with the choppers is on Shipment. With a little bit of patience and awareness of the surroundings I can usually avoid the chopper.

I don't play Free For All, but I can imagine it gets quite crazy seeing how small that map is.

noire said:
That'd be me.

My level 4 ass was in a room with a lvl 27, a couple 30s and 40s and like two lvl 50s. The other day.

I'm level 48. Not prestiged yet. I should really play Search & Destroy and Headquarters one of these days (I'm a MTDM/Ground War fanatic). I played HQ once and it was just fucking crazy.

jowa

So I was playing through the campaign again to get all the laptops (360 version) and to my surprise, when I picked up the 30th one, I didn't get any achievement. I know you can't get achievements if you've cheat codes activated, but I'm guessing I made a mistake when getting one of these laptops.

It's the only achievement I'm missing for this game - am I screwed?

I cheated on you Infinity Ward. Will you please take me back?
I got caught up in the hype of this hot one that all my friends were doing(R6V2). It cost me $60!!! And you know what? I already had the exact same thing a year ago. If I knew that going in I would have paid $10.
OK I cheated on you twice.
It was amatuer night and I had this other one(BF:BC) for free. These guns just weren't as hot as yours.
You know how to really push my buttons IW. I'll still take you up on that offer to add something new to the relationship on April 3rd if you'll just take me back.
I love you.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
I'm a COD4 guy through and through, but I wonder what will happen to my gaming time when GTA4 comes out.

Anyway, COD4's feel and gunplay has set the bar impossibly high for every aspiring modern-shooter-developer.

Jtrizzy

Thanks for all the interesting replies. Definitely learned some new stuff from MR. Boo and Lionel Hutz (my favorite character of all time on the Simpsons) and others in this thread. That wasn't actually what I was asking, but helpful none the less. What I was wondering is whether there is a time frame in which you must use the uav/chopper/airstrike once you get the kill streak.

Does it simply stay with you as long as you like?

chespace said:
I'm a COD4 guy through and through, but I wonder what will happen to my gaming time when GTA4 comes out.

Anyway, COD4's feel and gunplay has set the bar impossibly high for every aspiring modern-shooter-developer.
The COD series has had the best gunplay since its inception. The real achievement with COD4 is that they've successfully translated it to a controller. It's ruined every other console shooter for me. COD4 is going to be the game that makes me break my buying DLC rule.

f3niks

mr_boo said:
To conclusively test this would be a daunting task. Based off of my own experiences, I've called in "Dud Choppers" before where they don't seem to do anything at all. I'll try to be more of aware of concurrent UAV and Choppers...

Very off topic but did you play Socom II with a clan called KTF?

Nizz

Hey guys, what are you win/loss ratios like? I was curious to find out if I'm the worst here.... Right now my win/loss is 680/1,200 and something. :(

lionelhutz

fps fanatic said:
Hey guys, what are you win/loss ratios like? I was curious to find out if I'm the worst here.... Right now my win/loss is 680/1,200 and something. :(

I'm pretty sure mine is around 1/2. I can't tell you how many matches I've joined and I'm put on the losing team with under a minute to play. That really skews my numbers.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
my win/loss ration is .76 and kill/death ratio is .86. thank you. :D

Nizz

lionelhutz said:
I'm pretty sure mine is around 1/2. I can't tell you how many matches I've joined and I'm put on the losing team with under a minute to play. That really skews my numbers.
Yeah, that's the worst. This is no joke, I was looking to join a Merc. Team Deathmatch game and when I joined the game, I was put on the team losing like 690 to 250 with 30 seconds left in the match. :( Another quick loss added. I wish there was some way you could avoid that. Like, you wouldn't be able to join a match that's under a minute left....
Unless you get put on the winning team! Gotta take the good with the bad, I guess.;)

Jtrizzy

So lets talk about guns. What are your favorites? I like the mini uzi or the ak47u, both with red dot sights. For assault, I like the M4. I'm not a big fan of the guns that aren't fully automatic. I want to get better at long distance shooting. Which gun should I level up with to get an acog scope?

My KDR ratio is .94 This is my first FPS I've really gotten into online, so I feel like that isn't too bad. My W/L ratio is about the same, and compared to others at my rank (32) mine is much better.

mr_boo

IIRC, my Win/Loss is .79 (I could be wrong on this)....my Kill/Death is currently at 1.25 (I know this one cause I personally compete with my friends online (one friend is at 1.26)). Regarding my Kill/Death, I'm not sure if it's my true average cause when I first started playing, I was really really bad and I got mopped up playing mostly Free for All...nowadays, it's only TDM.

lionelhutz

Jtrizzy said:
So lets talk about guns. What are your favorites? I like the mini uzi or the ak47u, both with red dot sights. For assault, I like the M4. I'm not a big fan of the guns that aren't fully automatic. I want to get better at long distance shooting. Which gun should I level up with to get an acog scope?

My KDR ratio is .94 This is my first FPS I've really gotten into online, so I feel like that isn't too bad. My W/L ratio is about the same, and compared to others at my rank (32) mine is much better.

My favorites are the M16, G3, and the .50 cal. I always used the fully auto weapons but lately I've done better w/ the semi-auto. I pick my shots more carefully and my aim has improved. The only time it sucks is in real close quarters but I'd probably lose those battles even w/ full auto.

IMO the ACOG isn't that great. I don't like the reduced visibility of the scope. I always use the red dot or nothing at all.

fps fanatic said:

Wins606/Losses750/Ratio0.81/Streak98

Kills23871/Deaths16069/Ratio1.49/Streak18

Jtrizzy

Yeah I don't get why anyone would put an acog on an SMG. I guess I should just start playing with the sniper rifle some. I would like to get my ratio above one though, and I don't think that is going to help. My best strategy seems to be running around with the Uzi and surprising people.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
right now win loss streak is .91 and kill to death is 1.94

best on my friends list is Drew Mc Duffy. his win loos is like 11.something and his kill to death is 2.86. crazy

mr_boo

lionelhutz said:
My favorites are the M16, G3, and the .50 cal. I always used the fully auto weapons but lately I've done better w/ the semi-auto. I pick my shots more carefully and my aim has improved. The only time it sucks is in real close quarters but I'd probably lose those battles even w/ full auto.
I'm kinda like lionelhutz...I prefer the M16 and G3, but when I snipe (which is rare), I use the M40A3. Last couple of days I've been using the G3 with 3xFrags...the M16 is one of the most popular ARs, so it's easy to find off the ground.

@ Jtrizzy: Can't help you with ACOG...I tried the G3 with the ACOG, but I much prefer Red Dot over ACOG since ACOG decreases your accuracy a bit.

lionelhutz

Jtrizzy said:
Yeah I don't get why anyone would put an acog on an SMG. I guess I should just start playing with the sniper rifle some. I would like to get my ratio above one though, and I don't think that is going to help. My best strategy seems to be running around with the Uzi and surprising people.

If you move around a lot use the overkill perk. You can still carry your Uzi and a sniper rifle. If you see someone close, pull out the Uzi. If they're across the map hit them with the sniper rifle.

otake

Jtrizzy said:

p90 with acog scope and m16 with red dot sight. :D

lionelhutz

otake said:
p90 with acog scope and m16 with red dot sight. :D

The P90 might become one of my favorite guns once the new maps are released. The TV station map looks perfect for that type of gun. When I played Counter Strike I always used the P90 on the office map. I can't wait for these maps.

f3niks

mr_boo said:
No, COD4 is my first online FPS...the last FPS I played was back in the day, Goldeneye on the N64.

Okay cool. There was a guy named Mr. boo on there and I thought you were the same one.

My favorite guns right now are the p90 silenced, G3 and the AK47 silenced. Next week it'll probably be the M40 and .50 cal again.

otake

lionelhutz said:
The P90 might become one of my favorite guns once the new maps are released. The TV station map looks perfect for that type of gun. When I played Counter Strike I always used the P90 on the office map. I can't wait for these maps.

also p90 silenced and markII silencer.

cluto

Not a Jellyfish said:
best on my friends list is Drew McDuffy. his win loos is like 11.something and his kill to death is 2.86. crazy
Lolz, he's my friend. We have a pretty decent group that always plays together so we all have like 7.0+ win/loss ratios. And the only reason he has a 2.86 kill/death ratio is because he's a camping bitch. Hi Drew.

joezombie

I play essentially only FFA, so my W/L is .23 and K/D is 2.31 right now. They really need to patch in differentiated stats for different game modes at some point

Favorite gun/kit combos for FFA:

red dotted auto shotgun/claymore/jug/ex. conditioning - for downpour, backlot, overgrown. Camp out at mounted gun, chill, win the round. These are my best maps. Also throw this kit on whenever I'm frustrated at ranged fighting and just want to shoot people in the face

red dotted AK47u/bandolier/stopping power/steady aim - for district, showdown, countdown. For close quarters fighting. Showdown is my best map outside of the ones with mounted guns. For district I basically run back and forth between the gas station and the storefront with multiple rooms. For crash I run back and forth between the bunkers

red dotted M16/claymore/stopping power/dead silence - crossfire, pipeline, crash. For sniping

All the other maps I just throw on whatever I feel like at the time, experiment with different loadouts. Currently m21/claymore/stopping power/steady aim and silenced ak47/bandolier/stopping power/dead silence are my other loadouts

Jtrizzy said:
So lets talk about guns. What are your favorites?

AK-47 with silencer or grenade launcher- the AK has excellent iron sights which frees it up for cooler attachments.

M14 with red dot... I love this gun, it's so freaking powerful and has such a satisfying sound.

M21 sniper rifle- semi-auto & minimal recoil makes it easy to finish someone off if your first shot doesn't kill 'em.

For close-quarters it's a tossup between the W1200 shoddy and P90 w/ steady aim.

I want so badly for the ACOG to work, but I just find it really frustrating. Why does a scope reduce accuracy instead of increasing it? WTF?

industrian

noire said:
Are you completely 'invisible' with this combo?

People can still hear you when you walk. Dead silence fixes this.

And to contribute:

Main Default:

M4 w/ Silencer + Three Frags + Stopping Power + Dead Silence (allows me to switch between one-man army and teamwork depending on whether they have a UAV.)

Stealth:

Either a AK-47 or MP5 w/ silencer + Three Frags + UAV Jammer + Dead Silence.

Assault:

RPD w/ Grip + Stopping Power + Deep Impact.

My KDR is sitting at about 1.2 the last time i checked.

I just tried the M16 with a silencer last night. After using the silencer on my P90 for a while now, I'm getting used to using the iron sights and not relying on red dot anymore. So back to the M16...WOW! I think the best part about the silencer (beside not showing up on the radar) is how quite it makes the gun. Sure you say DUH, but what the quietness does for me is helps me hear the fwap of the bullet impacting the target. The better impact feedback really seems to help my game.

Nizz

I just checked my exact #'s for win/loss. Right now I'm at 692/1,279: 0.54. My kill/death # is 23,265/20,760: 1.12. Lately, my favorite primary assault rifle is the AK-47. I was strictly M4 when I first started the game, then I went with the M16. But I love the AK now because I slap a silencer on it, and it has (to me) the best iron sight of the rifles. Favorite sub-machine gun right now is the Mini-Uzi. Favorite sniper rifle is the first one you get: the MOA3 bolt action. Favorite shotty is the semi-automatic one. I rarely use any of the light machine guns. :( They're cool with the sleight of hand perk, but I don't use them as much.

My Win/Loss = 1.2

My K/D = 1.35

All TDM, but usually play with my brother and his friend who are both better than me. So they tend to carry my ass.

X26

Banned
Not exact numbers (save for the ratios) but close enough

Wins 1,050/Losses 1050/Ratio 1.05

Kills 32,500/Deaths 16,200/Ratio 2.00

Time Played: No Comment

Right now the setup I'm rocking most is:

P90 + silencer
3x Frags
UAV Jammer
Extreme Conditioning

And if I'm getting frustrated...

M16 + Red Dot
3x Frag
Stopping Power
Martyrdom

While I do good with that setup (who doesn't?) it's not as much fun as using the other guns and more varied setups

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Do the challenges reset if you go into prestige mode after level 55 or can you keep working on the ones you haven't finished?

Top Bottom