• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty 4: Exploding Car Clone Wars Official Thread

/\ Stop it!

I just came here to add that All Ghillied Up is amazing. Who would've thought my favorite mission so far in an FPS is one where you hardly shoot!

Crawling under the trucks
was awesome suspense, and it also really made me appreciate the graphics for some reason.

Mojovonio

Banned
The Lamonster said:
/\ Stop it!

I just came here to add that All Ghilled Up is amazing. Who would've thought my favorite mission so far in an FPS is one where you hardly shoot!

Crawling under the trucks
was awesome suspense, and it also really made me appreciate the graphics for some reason.

Yeah, its easily my favorite level. But the ferris wheel part on anything above normal is a NIGHTMARE. Not only do you have tons of guys on your ass at all times, but they send dogs after you too.

At the end, I just sort of cheated my way out of that part.

Mojovonio said:
Yeah, its easily my favorite level. But the ferris wheel part on anything above normal is a NIGHTMARE. Not only do you have tons of guys on your ass at all times, but they send dogs after you too.

At the end, I just sort of cheated my way out of that part.
I found a nice comfy corner to hold down with a shotgun and it was no problem (normal diff). What do you mean cheated? I saw a youtube video that said it was cheating but I don't exactly understand what the cheat was...

btw that ferris wheel part is the level after All Ghillied Up. Both are awesome though.

Mojovonio

Banned
The Lamonster said:
I found a nice comfy corner to hold down with a shotgun and it was no problem (normal diff). What do you mean cheated? I saw a youtube video that said it was cheating but I don't exactly understand what the cheat was...

Well,

I set my C4s on all of the cars, so it would amplify the explosion, and 3 or 4 C4 bbehind the ferris wheel to clear my escape.. Then I set claymores facing the area the enemies come from around the hut to beside the bumper cars. I take out my sidearm (AK47 at that time), go in to that hut, go prone, go as far back as I can, facing the door and stay there. Grenades outside wont hurt you, enemies will run right by you, and if someone manages to get a grenade in, you can easily toss it out.

I sit an wait till the chopper comes in, then wait some more till I hear the 30 second warning. From there, I detonate the C4, take out any straggelrs and bolt out behind the ferris wheel, pick Macmillan up and make my way to the chopper.

Sometimes, you'll die for now reason while hiding, but keep trying that method and you'll get it.

The Lamonster said:

btw that ferris wheel part is the level after All Ghillied Up. Both are awesome though.

Its basically a glitch since you're supposed to be facing towards the pool. But if you can get across towards the buildings, you basically become invisible to enemies, thus why its a cheat. The enemies will not come towards you since that area wasn't meant to be used as cover.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Got this monday, finished it last night, it's a short ride, but a hell of a ride.

LOVED the ending, so gratifying, all games from here on out should take notice of CoD4 for what to do after the credits.

TeTr1C

Just finished it yesterday on Regular. I loved every minute of it. The ending was excellent.

Just got to 29 last night online and then turned it off. Didn't get to try out double-tap yet.

I'm rocking the [GAF] clan tag now, for no reason in particular.

Add me: BuriedOblivion

Is anyone else having problems getting a clan tag to work? I've had it unlocked for quite some time, but every time I try to input one it gives me the "tag forbidden" message or something like that. I've tried [GAF], [NeoG], [NGAF], etc... and it really doesn't matter what I put in there. Strange bug(?) and I haven't heard of anyone else with similar problems.

Cornballer said:
Is anyone else having problems getting a clan tag to work? I've had it unlocked for quite some time, but every time I try to input one it gives me the "tag forbidden" message or something like that. I've tried [GAF], [NeoG], [NGAF], etc... and it really doesn't matter what I put in there. Strange bug(?) and I haven't heard of anyone else with similar problems.

Are you including []? You don't need to.

Cornballer said:
Nope. I just click the letters, hit the start button, and it gives me the warning.
That's very strange. Well, at least if you're going to experience a glitch, this is probably the best one to get!

K' Dash

Ghost said:
Got this monday, finished it last night, it's a short ride, but a hell of a ride.

LOVED the ending, so gratifying, all games from here on out should take notice of CoD4 for what to do after the credits.

Splinter Cell D.A. did it.

Masta_Killah said:
Try using a test clan name and see if it does it with that as well. Maybe clearing your cache might help?
I'll give the cache clearing a shot tonight. I've tried lots of different clan names and it always does the same thing.

Calen

Cornballer said:
Nope. I just click the letters, hit the start button, and it gives me the warning.
Hmm...I have a theory - what's your gamertag? (PM me if you don't want to post it.)

NVM, got it from your profile. I'll send you a PM.

robertsan21 said:
haha what?
you know that I even OWN a gille suit?
I play Paintball and I also go hunting with my friends :D

I was just messing with you. Du vet, fredliga javla Svenskar och sa. Om du ar i norra sverige nagonting pa sommrarna sa ar du valkommen att testa varan paintballbana. :)

JB1981

The ending reminded me a bit of MGS 3. I actually ended up rather liking the game when I got done with it. It was fun. Scripted and brainless but definitely fun. I beat it in about 8 hours on Hardened. All Ghillied Up rocked.

JB1981 said:
The ending reminded me a bit of MGS 3. I actually ended up rather liking the game when I got done with it. It was fun. Scripted and brainless but definitely fun. I beat it in about 8 hours on Hardened. All Ghillied Up rocked.

The ending was memorable and satisfying, that has earned it a star in my book. So many games these days that just fall flat on their face when the time comes to wrap everything up, but not this one.

Gowans

Christ whats with this choke point where it looks like I have to cure cancer, fixed third world povity and bring world peace in three minutes?

Ragnarok10

God, the online stats are frustrating the hell out of me. I keep dropping like 4 or 5 levels from the last time I played. For a game like Warhawk or something it's not a huge deal, but I when I lose weapons, attachments, game types, challenge scores, ect. it makes me not want to play.

Gowans007 said:
Christ whats with this choke point where it looks like I have to cure cancer, fixed third world povity and bring world peace in three minutes?
(If I'm thinking of the right level) Airstrikes/sprinting/prone are your friends (in that order).

railGUN

Banned
Ragnarok10 said:
God, the online stats are frustrating the hell out of me. I keep dropping like 4 or 5 levels from the last time I played. For a game like Warhawk or something it's not a huge deal, but I when I lose weapons, attachments, game types, challenge scores, ect. it makes me not want to play.

?

I've had 1 instance where I lost a level, exp (and an attachment I had subsequently unlocked), right around when Live was having some issues... but I got the kills back pretty quick.

Having said that, you don't loose rank/exp normally, so something isn't right (and especially loosing 4-5 levels)

Ragnarok10

railGUN said:
?

I've had 1 instance where I lost a level, exp (and an attachment I had subsequently unlocked), right around when Live was having some issues... but I got the kills back pretty quick.

Having said that, you don't loose rank/exp normally, so something isn't right (and especially loosing 4-5 levels)
I'm on the PS3 and take last night for instance. I log in as level 9, play for an hour and quit at level 11. Log in this morning, I'm at level 7. Kinda sucks.

Gowans007 said:

Go inside the barn on the right. Kill the enemies coming across by the houses. Make your way to the houses, staying as far right as possible(there is a opening on the right). Make sure you go to the farthest right side. Checkpoint. From here go straight. Go down and towards the tower on the left. Prone and start crawling towards the left. Your buddies should show up. Once you get hit with a bullet(should be when one of your guys starts running towards the house), make a mad dash to the house(door on the right of you). Now go to the first floor. Wait till you recover and can make a full dash. Now dash towards the dirt path straight ahead. You'll see a house on your left. Keep runnning and fall down the little hill. Now run towards the white fence on the right. Run between the fence and hedge. Once you see the hill on your left, run down it. If the chopper isn't there yet, run across the street and go prone. You should have a lot of airstrikes left over, so use it on the hill where you ran down.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
This is my first CoD title. Some random thoughts:

I know the OP states that the missions aren't always "at 11" like the first three CoD titles, but if these aren't always "at 11" I don't know what "at 11" is. I've played a LOT of FPS, including Bioshock, Halo, and Orange Box just this fall, and CoD4 just has an intensity that the others just can't match.

It's to the point where it's ALMOST hard for me to keep playing it because the firefights honestly stress me out. It's almost TOO visceral, and I have to keep my play sessions short, to just a couple missions, because I begin to feel drained. It's not like it's too "hard" - the checkpoints are liberal and I don't mind retrying sections.

It's just that like... every mission seems to be start-to-end "OK OMG THERE'S THREE GUYS ON THE ROOF OK I GOT TWO OF THEM BUT ONE SHOT ME IN THE FACE AND NOW I SEE THE GRENADE INDIACTOR BY MY FEET AND IM FLASHBANGED AND SOMEHOW GUYS FLANKED ME AND MY PARTNERS ARE ALL SCREAMING AND OMG MY CLIP IS EMPTY RELOAD RELOAD" pretty much the entire level.

I'm not CRITICIZING the pacing, but I'm not complimenting it either. I'm just saying the game has an intensity unlike any title I've played in recent memory.

GDJustin said:
This is my first CoD title. Some random thoughts:

I know the OP states that the missions aren't always "at 11" like the first three CoD titles, but if these aren't always "at 11" I don't know what "at 11" is. I've played a LOT of FPS, including Bioshock, Halo, and Orange Box just this fall, and CoD4 just has an intensity that the others just can't match.

It's to the point where it's ALMOST hard for me to keep playing it because the firefights honestly stress me out. It's almost TOO visceral, and I have to keep my play sessions short, to just a couple missions, because I begin to feel drained. It's not like it's too "hard" - the checkpoints are liberal and I don't mind retrying sections.

It's just that like... every mission seems to be start-to-end "OK OMG THERE'S THREE GUYS ON THE ROOF OK I GOT TWO OF THEM BUT ONE SHOT ME IN THE FACE AND NOW I SEE THE GRENADE INDIACTOR BY MY FEET AND IM FLASHBANGED AND SOMEHOW GUYS FLANKED ME AND MY PARTNERS ARE ALL SCREAMING AND OMG MY CLIP IS EMPTY RELOAD RELOAD" pretty much the entire level.

I'm not CRITICIZING the pacing, but I'm not complimenting it either. I'm just saying the game has an intensity unlike any title I've played in recent memory.

War is hell!

RavenFox

Banned
Mojovonio said:
Well,

I set my C4s on all of the cars, so it would amplify the explosion, and 3 or 4 C4 bbehind the ferris wheel to clear my escape.. Then I set claymores facing the area the enemies come from around the hut to beside the bumper cars. I take out my sidearm (AK47 at that time), go in to that hut, go prone, go as far back as I can, facing the door and stay there. Grenades outside wont hurt you, enemies will run right by you, and if someone manages to get a grenade in, you can easily toss it out.

I sit an wait till the chopper comes in, then wait some more till I hear the 30 second warning. From there, I detonate the C4, take out any straggelrs and bolt out behind the ferris wheel, pick Macmillan up and make my way to the chopper.

Sometimes, you'll die for now reason while hiding, but keep trying that method and you'll get it.

Don't put your C4's by the cars. Put them in the woods between the buildings were the enemy appears. Find a position on the ferris wheel base with a bumper car as cover. Trust McMillan because he is one hell of a shot. The C4's and the dogs will drop the enemy amount considerably because the dogs attack the soldiers also. Just use your skills and shoot those soldiers. You just have to be good enough to clear them before the choppers come.
Shoot the soldiers as they come down the ropes from the chopper. Yeah its not easy but you can see the choppers come one after the other except the last two I think. Always have your AK ready to swap immediately if necessary. If all else fails run all the way to where the soldiers appear at the very beginning and make a left wait in that area but get cover. Thats where most of them spawn causing them to not spawn [but I know your a hard ass Sniper Special Force badass so I know thats not for you ;-)]. Also keep an eye on that chopper coming to get you. Moving around helps. All this on Hardened. Oorah!

Gowans

this three mins to get to the helicopter with waves and eaves of unspintpastable bad guys is really making me hate playing the singleplayer

Gowans

gah after all that time airstriked the hell out of everywhere and just ran at the top of the hill, done first time hmmm

number386

Does anyone else have a blister on their left thumb from sprinting?

I have the 360 version, and I probably sprint around a 100 times each MP game. I hold the stick a little under the indention and now every time I sprint it's a little painful. I wish their a bit mre variety when it comes too custom button layout, otherwise I'm having a blast.

Lancelet Pink said:
Does anyone else have a blister on their left thumb from sprinting?

I have the 360 version, and I probably sprint around a 100 times each MP game. I hold the stick a little under the indention and now every time I sprint it's a little painful. I wish their a bit mre variety when it comes too custom button layout, otherwise I'm having a blast.
I think you can just tap it - then if you continue to push in a direction, it will continue to sprint even if you don't have the stick depressed. That's what I started doing - less wear and tear on my thumb.

Top Bottom