• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

B1sdN-EIEAAt3Ht.jpg:large

I am seriously sweating to keep a +2 kd in this game.. 90% of my deaths are in my back

Eh the Exo Survival mode is pretty trash. Sledgehammer should of come up with something more interesting. Even the co-op mode from Ghosts that I'm forgetting the name of right now was much better than this. I think it was called Extinction or something.

It's a shame that they restricted the Zombies mode to DLC.

I love that in the future they have developed a gun sight that can miraculously read peoples' minds and guage their intent from a distance and still people use acog scopes and iron sights.

Cavalier

Banned
I have on both systems
Visually looks better on ps4
Especially in MP, I was seeing texture pop in on my xbox1

Hit detection is atrocious on ps4
But Xbox 1, felt like I was playing COD: slide show

Slide show my ass. It's been nothing but smooth 60fps over here and no lag whatsoever.

I feel like im playing against mlg player in mp. Everyone is soo goood while im sucking. Any tip??

Learn how to use exoskeleton first. Try to get a feel for it.

Liberty4all

Banned
It's funny, and pleasing, to me that we seem to have gone full circle with FPS design since the late 90s.

Back then, the FPS games of the day were all about balls-out speed and mobility. Quake 3, UT, all the mods for Half-Life (sans one important one we'll get to late), had you bouncing around maps like jack rabbits on crack, dodging bullets and rockets and firing back. It was glorious and fun.

Then as we hit the new millenium, slower and more tactical games started to get more popular. Your Rainbow Sixes, Ghost Recons, even Countrer-Strike - which, I know was still fast and twitchy as hell - stapled you to the ground and made you think more about your approach, position and weapon selection than 'run as fast as you can, shoot everything, pick up the best weapon you can find, repeat'.

Then Halo hit on consoles, and set the 'language', for lack of a better term, for FPS design for the next 10 years. Whether in deference to the limitations of the controller input or simply because they wanted to, Bungie set the template for shooters that were a little slower, less vertical, about assessing engagements before you took the first shot, and incentivizing retreat, regrouping and re-engagement when necessary (recharging shields being the big reason).

And now, thanks to Call of Duty:Modern Warfare - fittingly built on the Quake 3 engine for so long - we started climbing right back up to where we started. Faster and faster, less thought, more go, go, go. Titan Fall and now Advanced Warfare brought the mobility back with jet-packs and wall-running and dashing, and it's great.

It feels like home again. :)

I agree. You've kinda hit the nail on the head ... I was trying to figure out why I like this so much, and it's because it reminds me of FPS gaming circa 1999.

Vidpixel

Nearly done with the campaign, and I'm not going to lie; I think the visuals in the single-player are some of the best I've ever seen.

ViciousDS

Banned
Classic domination is where it's at

as a hardcore player....all classic modes to me feel way better than the normal game modes(meaning I'm liking Core classic over hardcore....its hard for me to even like Core, but classic mode feels great.)....getting shot in the back is reduced because you can't scale the level in a matter of seconds. I knew the evo jump would make the maps feel small. Once you remove Evo jump...some of the maps feel fucking huge, and its awesome. I'm sticking to classic modes only....change was great, but I really don't care for how it was done here with the way spawns are acting up and the way lag compensation fucks you in the ass.

djshauny

Banned
Eh the Exo Survival mode is pretty trash. Sledgehammer should of come up with something more interesting. Even the co-op mode from Ghosts that I'm forgetting the name of right now was much better than this. I think it was called Extinction or something.

Yeah the new survival mode is pretty weak.

Bobnob

Got my money back, thats the last time i buy a cod.The lag issues were unbearable plus i didn't and wouldn't of played single player.

as a hardcore player....all classic modes to me feel way better than the normal game modes(meaning I'm liking Core classic over hardcore....its hard for me to even like Core, but classic mode feels great.)....getting shot in the back is reduced because you can't scale the level in a matter of seconds. I knew the evo jump would make the maps feel small. Once you remove Evo jump...some of the maps feel fucking huge, and its awesome. I'm sticking to classic modes only....change was great, but I really don't care for how it was done here with the way spawns are acting up and the way lag compensation fucks you in the ass.

100% agree

I just need HQ
And hard point added to playlist

shermas

Yep.. some of the maps, without evo, are gigantic... I'm loving the classic modes, though. Feels way more like COD to me. Some of the evo jumping stuff was cool, but that's not what i wanted from this game.

Metfanant

im 100% with you dude...my friends and I are almost exclusively TDM players and have been using the core modes just as a change of pace every once and awhile, but classic is where we have found our home...we made the switch completely to hardcore modes back in Blops 2 on the 360...Ghosts we didnt really play much as a team because I was the only one that jumped into the next gen consoles at launch and they hated Ghosts on the 360...

Now that we all have PS4s and have been playing AW we switch between Classic, and Hardcore TDM...the only thing that i would really like is if they added hardcore TDM to the classic playlists

ViciousDS

Banned
im 100% with you dude...my friends and I are almost exclusively TDM players and have been using the core modes just as a change of pace every once and awhile, but classic is where we have found our home...we made the switch completely to hardcore modes back in Blops 2 on the 360...Ghosts we didnt really play much as a team because I was the only one that jumped into the next gen consoles at launch and they hated Ghosts on the 360...

Now that we all have PS4s and have been playing AW we switch between Classic, and Hardcore TDM...the only thing that i would really like is if they added hardcore TDM to the classic playlists

fist bump bro....that's all I want....if that gets added....I'm done and complete....cause the game is fantastic.

Add me BTW on PS4 SC-ViciousDS

would love to play some classic TDM tonight with you guys....well hopefully I have time tonight lol

It will be hilarious if the classic mode becomes the most played playlist

People play that? Why not just play Black Ops 2 then? Just to experience the new maps etc. If you don't like the movement i see little point to playing AW. Previous CoDs have as good, if not better maps and weapons etc.

aravuus

People play that? Why not just play Black Ops 2 then? Just to experience the new maps etc. If you don't like the movement i see little point to playing AW. Previous CoDs have as good, if not better maps and weapons etc.

Umm...........

e: nvm you actually edited it. yeah i have to agree here, when it comes to classic cod gameplay, the earlier games blow aw out of the water. obviously, since the maps are designed for exo movement in aw.

i thought classic was just really boring precisely because of how the maps are designed

BokehKing

Banned

it's not treyarch zombies, so it shouldn't even have been attempted
Ghost did ONE thing right....and that was Extinction mode

Sledgehammer dropped the ball with their horde mode, looks like something out of MW3, disgusting

BokehKing

Banned
Got my money back, thats the last time i buy a cod.The lag issues were unbearable plus i didn't and wouldn't of played single player.

i'm guessing you never played a COD game, week one before huh..

So that Xbox Clan, did we start one up, or do we just join the pre-existing clan (will that tolerate PS4 and Xbox 1 together?)
I'm in there under my PS4 screen name

got my xbox one thumb sticks in the mail today, going to mod my ps4 controller later.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
Why is everything so nerfed in this game? Scorestreaks are nerfed, sniping is nerfed, melee is nerfed, and the list goes on. Also, WTF with headshots not being a 1 shot kill... I've lost count of the number of headshot hitmarkers (the double hitmarker) I've got that didn't kill. This is a new low when headshots don't kill.
It's a new low except for the fact that it pretty much always has worked that way. Typically a headshot makes it one fewer shot to kill in COD, but that has varied.

Metfanant

Yes, people play that.

K/D ratio is nice and everything, but i would pay a little more attention to the W/L ratio :p

if you primarily play TDM like my friends and I do, then yes K/D is of utmost importance...since there are no support classes like medics then really the only way to improve your W/L is to get your K/D up...and not play with randoms...

Umm...........

e: nvm you actually edited it. yeah i have to agree here, when it comes to classic cod gameplay, the earlier games blow aw out of the water. obviously, since the maps are designed for exo movement in aw.

i thought classic was just really boring precisely because of how the maps are designed

Lol yeah, felt it needed some clarification. It's like the people who purchase Battlefield but detest anything vehicular. Mind bogglers.

Yes, people play that.

if you primarily play TDM like my friends and I do, then yes K/D is of utmost importance...since there are no support classes like medics then really the only way to improve your W/L is to get your K/D up...and not play with randoms...

What about the rest of my statement? I'm super curious. Nothing wrong with playing what you want.

This. My friends were talking about playing classic and i said the exact same thing. I really don't see the point of playing AW just to play classic imo.

Bobnob

i'm guessing you never played a COD game, week one before huh..

I have friends that told me Ghost was a mess the whole way through so not sure how to take your response, i mistakenly it seems put that down to it being on a new console.

Does this shit get fixed then ??

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

Why play any new CoD, at that point. They are all remarkably similar and people buy and play the new version every year anyway.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I have friends that told me Ghost was a mess the whole way through so not sure how to take your response, i mistakenly it seems put that down to it being on a new console.

Does this shit get fixed then ??

Depends of the developers. Treyarch has always supported their games very well. Infinity Ward has not been as good about. I'm guessing because Sledgehammer is taking their cues from TA instead of IW and the fact that this is SH's baby that they will do everything they can to support this one.

So yeah I think this stuff will get fixed.

Why play any new CoD, at that point. They are all remarkably similar and people buy and play the new version every year anyway.

Player bases dwindle and hackers eventually take over. Black Ops was still going pretty strong back in the string but by mid-Summer it was flooded with invisible/invincible people.

Bizazedo

It will be hilarious if the classic mode becomes the most played playlist

I'm torn on it. It shouldn't. I hope the Exo mode takes off since I am also a lover of the Arena shooter of olden times....

I just don't think it works with CoD's low TTK is all. That and Titanfall really hit the right notes for me.

Umm...........

Intellectually, I can't disagree with this. You're right.

But my HEART, man....my heart..

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the campaign and found it surprisingly enjoyable despite the story being so predictable...

Though I must admit, I am not feeling the multiplayer at all. I feel the Exo movement amplifies all of the existing problems I had with CoD's multiplayer component. Spawning seems completely erratic / random, as I have been spawned directly in enemy sight lines numerous times now. Now that everyone can just bunny-hop all over the map, there really is no safe place to spawn, nor is there really a direction to work towards; anyone can come from anywhere at any time at any place. And while low TTK is nothing new in CoD, now that 'anyone can come from anywhere' I often just feel that I just do not get a chance to react at all, and the low TTK means that the tiniest amount of lag can completely skew the outcome of any firefight in your opponent's favor. Also, pretty much any type of grenade is rendered useless due to the added Exo movement; there is no real use for them as people can just double jump away without much issue.

The original Black Ops remains my favorite CoD multiplayer and I just don't see myself playing Advanced Warfare Multiplayer for much longer...

Slide show my ass. It's been nothing but smooth 60fps over here and no lag whatsoever.

I'm guessing that devilsadvocat was saying that player lag looks like a slideshow, which I've seen also on XB1. The game's frame rate has been a consistent 60 FPS, but I've seen players lagging around quite a bit.

Top Bottom