• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Randam

Do the maps look/feel like a gun fight/battle would happen there or do they again look/feel like a group of friends rented a cool location for an afternoon to play some war games?

.J.

Banned
About how long is it taking folks to get through the campaign? It's really the main thing I'm interested in.

First few games, and my KDR has been positive by about 9 kills.

Annoyingly, you can die anywhere and drop like a fly, but I chalk that up to not learning spawns quite yet. I still would have preferred higher TTK. The aim assist + damage is too helpful.

The speed is insane as is the new exo mechanics. For those saying where COD can go next: I still think the grounded warfare of COD4 and earlier games are fantastic. They just feel so much more intimate and personal

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
I stopped playing COD AW like COD and more like Titanfall. Kinda zero thought process and mindlessly running into the action and I'm doing way better. Mind you, I'm using the first shotgun as well, and it sometimes takes 4 pumps from close range to kill someone. However, this could be due to the netcode, which is becoming more glaring as an issue when using weapons like this. It's similar to the pump shotgun in the first Black Ops. It only works well when the connection is on your side.

Using the exo battery for extended cloaking and just booking it everywhere. Kinda disturbing how easy stealth is in this game, but KS's are so impossible to accomplish outside of support stuff. My review still stands strong at a solid 6/10. I'm trying really hard to find the fun, but at least I've already put in more time than Ghosts.

This is the best Call of Duty in years. Imo anyway. It's a massive jump over Ghosts which I skipped and did not purchase due to how poor it was.

Swangod

Neo Member
About how long is it taking folks to get through the campaign? It's really the main thing I'm interested in.

I can't give you exact time as I just started the campaign last night. I'm expecting about the average for a CoD game 4-6 hrs. What I can tell is you is I'm really liking this campaign.

Rembrandt

Banned
buy it, it's good.

It's great! When the network issues are in check. When the aren't. It can be anywhere from shit to ok depending on how you deal with getting shot in the back, around the corner by someone who wasn't actually standing there. lol

Can't really speak for MP but the Campaign is up there with CoD2 and 4. Really fun.

shiiiiit, why all these games coming out so close together? definitely going to grab it soon now. seems like this was the change the series needed and that comparison to 4 basically sold me.

The Beard

Then why is it cross buy on Sony platforms? According to all the documentation/articles I've read it's that way there. If that's incorrect then I can accept the weak excuse of "upgrade not downgrade".

I bought the PS4 version and got the PS3 version for free.

I agree that it makes no sense whatsoever to do it one way and not the other. Or else, why the hell would anyone buy the current gen version ?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
shiiiiit, why all these games coming out so close together? definitely going to grab it soon now. seems like this was the change the series needed and that comparison to 4 basically sold me.
I have been a fan since the very first (mainly for campaign) but I got burnt out after the first Black Ops. This game breathed new life into the series and I'm back on board the hype train.

I wouldn't spend that much just for the campaign. It's good for a COD game, but what really makes the game worth it is the multi and the exo survival mode.

So it seems like you get a Supply drop every time you try a new game mode,
After you complete 1 game of said mode you then get it on your first death of the following match.

Calmine

So it seems like you get a Supply drop every time you try a new game mode,
After you complete 1 game of said mode you then get it on your first death of the following match.

Interesting I shall have to try this. Still don't know if there any other way if getting a supply drop without dying. I thought it might be like BF4s crates.

hydruxo

I just tried COD classic playlist the past hour and yeah I am not going to back to that exo shit. I am back to where I was with the other COD games.

For those that are having trouble adjusting, try COD classic. Make sure to change your loadouts as in no exo shit is disabled.

Yep I feel the same way. I'm so glad there's a classic playlist. Much more enjoyable for me than jumping around and getting killed from behind over and over. Exos are cool but it's not implemented well.

I'm finally starting to enjoy the multiplayer now that I've begun to remember how to play a CoD and now that I've gotten some good attachments. That scope that highlights enemies as red is pretty fantastic. The exo abilities seem super useless (hover/health/invis) but the new movement options I like. I don't know that they really change things up as much as I thought they would but that's ok.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
It really annoys me how the sights lower the weapon stats. Has it been like this in other recent games?

BTW where are supply drops listed? I got a bunch from the campaign but I can't find them to open. All I seem to have are the day zero things.

Yep I feel the same way. I'm so glad there's a classic playlist. Much more enjoyable for me than jumping around and getting killed from behind over and over. Exos are cool but it's not implemented well.

Going to try that. I feel like I have a kick me sign at times, lol. 90% I get killed from the back. I think I rather play the new play-style with a bunch of friends. Have someone look behind while the other covers your front. And do classic when is a few buddies or myself.

nilbog21

Banned
Welp, finally got my hands on this game! Was super excited because of all the positive buzz around this game ~

Not that anyone cares, but here are my Impressions: The guns and shooting feel cheap and unresponsive.. The guns have no weight to them and are not fun to use. Shooting enemies feels like i'm playing planetside 2, absolutely no weight or gratification when killing enemies and it is just extremely plain and boring.. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it just seems like a huge disconnect between the people who designed the weapons and the people who designed the enemies and level interaction.. I've only heard good things about the exo suit, but you get a double jump and a dash? Are you fucking kidding me? Not to mention it feels like shit and clearly made for consoles. Crysis did the exo suit 10 times better 10 years ago??? there's just no excuse.. The story is bad, the level design is bad, the graphics are bad, and the gameplay is outdated as fuck.

I'm not a COD hater.. I'm a huge fan of COD/COD2/COD4, but this game is just garbage. Why the fuck is everyone praising this pile of shit? Can't believe I wasted my money

Go play Wolfenstein and see what a real FPS should feel like.

RedAssedApe

Banned
man this companion app sucks. confusing to navigate. can you even change your loadouts through it like previous games? seems like its overloaded keep getting load errors...reminds me of call of duty elite launch where elite would never work.

also annoying that you can't see stats for people on other platforms or join clans. i was in a clan from cod ghosts which looks like it transferred over to aw. my friend sent a message to the clan and i got a push notice on my iphone with the message but i can't actually response to it in the app because i'm on ps4 and the reset of my friends are still on 360...

RedAssedApe

Banned
Welp, finally got my hands on this game! Was super excited because of all the positive buzz around this game ~

Not that anyone cares, but here are my Impressions: The guns and shooting feel cheap and unresponsive.. The guns have no weight to them and are not fun to use. Shooting enemies feels like i'm playing planetside 2, absolutely no weight or gratification when killing enemies and it is just extremely plain and boring.. I've only heard good things about the exo suit, but you get a double jump and a dash? Are you fucking kidding me? Not to mention it feels like shit and clearly made for consoles. Crysis did the exo suit 10 times better 10 years ago??? there's just no excuse.. The story is bad, the level design is bad, the graphics are bad, and the gameplay is outdated as fuck.

I'm not a COD hater.. I'm a huge fan of COD/COD2/COD4, but this game is just garbage. Why the fuck is everyone praising this pile of shit? Can't believe I wasted my money

Go play Wolfenstein and see what a real FPS should feel like.

166.gif

nbraun80

So the emblem editor, is the scaling different? I feel like before you could make something wider or taller without effecting the other, this just seems to scale the size proportionally. Also would it have been that damn hard to put a rectangle in there? Forced to use an I or lower case L but they're too skinny and you can't make them fatter without making the taller.

Call of Duty Kingslayer
Call of Duty Stuck in the Past
Call of Duty WTFOMA360NOSCOPERUSSIANS
Call of Duty #FAMAS
Call of Duty Just Ward
Call of Duty Whiteboard
Call of Duty Dontbuythisdigitally
Call of Duty Titanfall 2

Been trying to think of a better nickname for Advanced Warfare. Any takers?

Alienous

So I'm looking at the Exo, and it physically covers a large amount of the player's back, which has got me thinking: If they reduced the damage you take from the back, would that alleviate some of the gripes?

In my time playing that's my major gripe. It's so frantic, and there's so many angles, that there isn't much you can do when you are being shot in the back but accept death. Perhaps a slight damage reduction when you are shot in the back would be enough give people an opportunity out of the sticky situations, but equally it might penalize players who get the drop on others.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Call of Duty Kingslayer
Call of Duty Stuck in the Past
Call of Duty WTFOMA360NOSCOPERUSSIANS
Call of Duty #FAMAS
Call of Duty Just Ward
Call of Duty Whiteboard
Call of Duty Dontbuythisdigitally
Call of Duty Titanfall 2

Been trying to think of a better nickname for Advanced Warfare. Any takers?

Call of Duty: AWesome :p

Top Bottom