• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Pupo

I just finished the campaign
( on PS3 ;-; )
Pretty good I guess, some missions was a bit boring, others was really good, the OST is good too.

Toa TAK

Banned
I just finished the campaign
( on PS3 ;-; )
Pretty good I guess, some missions was a bit boring, others was really good, the OST is good too.

Of course the OST is good, that's what happens when you get HARRY GREGSON-WILLIAMS (MGS, COD4), and fucking AUDIOMACHINE (they make EPIC trailer music) to do a score together.

Needless to say the OST destroys Ghosts. Like the rest of the game.

Vidpixel

I just finished the campaign as well on the PS4, and I thought it was actually pretty great. Focusing on one playable character really does make the story much easier to follow when compared to other Call of Duty games.

The visuals were pretty amazing to me, and the whole presentation of the single-player was very impressive. I do wish some of the missions were a bit longer though, as I feel like some of the shorter ones only last about 15-20 minutes or so.

Pupo

Of course the OST is good, that's what happens when you get HARRY GREGON-WILLIAMS (MGS, COD4), and fucking AUDIOMACHINE (they make EPIC trailer music) to do a score together.

Needless to say the OST destroys Ghosts. Like the rest of the game.

Yeah, you're right, Harry fucking Gregson-Williams is great.

Sp33Demon

Haven't read the thread but man Sledgehammer has done a pretty good job of cleaning up the multiplayer. There's still the funky revenge spawns, occasional dead in 5 seconds spawns and the usual sporadic laggy matches. For me there is so much liberation in not constantly tripping over randomly placed explosives and killstreaks being considerably less lethal in this games makes for a much more pleasing experience.

demolitio

I just finished the campaign as well on the PS4, and I thought it was actually pretty great. Focusing on one playable character really does make the story much easier to follow when compared to other Call of Duty games.

The visuals were pretty amazing to me, and the whole presentation of the single-player was very impressive. I do wish some of the missions were a bit longer though, as I feel like some of the shorter ones only last about 15-20 minutes or so.

Agreed. I like a single character that has a background and this story does the usual globe-trotting, but it makes more sense than most COD's that just shoe-horn the story in to fit the locations they wanted even if it makes no sense. It's not perfect, but far better than most and makes me mad we'll never see Sledgehammer's TPS in Vietnam.

Delt31

Can someone explain why the FUCK sledgehammer decided to have hardline unlock at LEVEL 47 which is basically the END of your progression? It's like they are trying to nerf killstreaks considering how hard they are by default. All of CODs have hardline released MUCH earlier (BO2 was LEVEL 4). Am I missing something or does it really ONLY unlock at 47?

Tokubetsu

Can someone explain why the FUCK sledgehammer decided to have hardline unlock at LEVEL 47 which is basically the END of your progression? It's like they are trying to nerf killstreaks considering how hard they are by default. All of CODs have hardline released MUCH earlier (BO2 was LEVEL 4). Am I missing something or does it really ONLY unlock at 47?

scorestreaks in this game are incredibly weak to begin with anyway.

leng jai

Is anyone else having trouble doing the side dash on PS4? At least half the time I try to do it it fails, especially when I'm under pressure.

Nokterian

I like scorestreaks because well i don't like when the game did before it was to dominating and no fun at all now it is fun and more of a challenge to get scorestreaks that are useful.

Padinn

So what's the verdict for the PC version? Is it worth it? I think I could get it for around $40 since I have some ebay bucks lying about.

wormania

Is anyone else having trouble doing the side dash on PS4? At least half the time I try to do it it fails, especially when I'm under pressure.

Horizontal dashes have charges (2 max, recharges 1 every ~3 seconds), so are you sure you're not just running out? The boost jump doesn't use these charges btw.

TheXbox

Momentum sucks. I joined a game and died fifteen times, each time within five seconds of spawning. How did these people figure out how to abuse the spawn system already?

Yup.

It's identical to how it was in WaW too. It's just called Momentum now.

I like it better than Domination because Dom has a "half time" which I feel messes up the flow of the game.

I hated Ghosts, but I like AW.

they brought back the Domination half time from Black Ops II? fuck, I hated that. one of the only flaws of that game's MP, and I was happy that Ghosts brought back the classic Domination mode.

leng jai

Horizontal dashes have charges (2 max, recharges 1 every ~3 seconds), so are you sure you're not just running out? The boost jump doesn't use these charges btw.

It's probably a combination of this and simply not executing it properly.

Boost jump should definitely use charges though, don't know who thought that was a good idea.

Just finished the campaign on Veteran. The final level is great! Couple of trophies to clean up and I'm onto the horde mode ones. Or whatever it is.

Everyone else got really messed up sound? When a dude is shooting at me from about 10 30 feet I can't hear his gun, each gun sounds like a silenced one from that range.

I tried 3 different tv's, a headset and a hifi system. Maybe I'm going deaf?

Leunam

Funny that you mention sound, last night while I was experimenting with a silenced SMG it didn't sound like it was shooting Skittles like it usually does. Sounded almost exactly the same as it does with no silencer.

fantasticblur

Neo Member
I'm finally starting to enjoy the multiplayer now that I've begun to remember how to play a CoD and now that I've gotten some good attachments. That scope that highlights enemies as red is pretty fantastic. The exo abilities seem super useless (hover/health/invis) but the new movement options I like. I don't know that they really change things up as much as I thought they would but that's ok.

I thought the exo abilities were pretty useless too, until I got totally wrecked by a guy using hover in TDM the other night. It's now my go-to ability for deathmatch and really works well to fake out other players.

This COD's multiplayer seems really fresh. Definitely the most fun I've had with the series in a while.

Mattenth

Advanced Warfare entered Amazon's yearly bestsellers in today's update. It's the XB1 version at #91.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/2014/videogames#5

That's really interesting that the XB1 version is up there before the PS4 version. I would have expected PS4 to win because a) Sony has sold more PS4s and b) XB1 version competes with Halo next week.

Anyone post a screenshot of how many players are on the XB1 career leaderboard? PS4 was around 1.3 million last night.

In terms of how well the game is doing, Activision was quiet about it on their call last night. The fact that they haven't already announced 24 hour sales seems to imply they're going to give weekly sales next week.

In the mean time, the Google Trends chart is interesting. Highest since 2011 (Black Ops 2). Steam has the multiplayer hovering around 32k peak (#10 on steam), about 10% down from Ghosts (35k peak last year).

bM8BWK7.png

BokehKing

Banned
just a reminder to xbox 1 players
I made a xbox one clan
I'm not going to be organizing events or anything, I just stepped to the plate to make the clan and if people want to join it, they can search for it after downloading the Call of Duty Advance warfare app, searching for Neo Gaf (while logged in under your Gamer Tag ID) and applying for the clan, I'll get the alerts on my phone and accept you.

(this is not to be confused with the ps4 clan, which I believe is only viewable while signed in with a PS4 user id)

CoLaN

Between not being able to hear footsteps, the super low TTK, and other stuff, im not very impressed by the MP.

I like the Exo movements, but that's it. I will probably play it for a week, then go back to Battlefield or Planetside 2.

Bracket

I made a xbox one clan
I'm not going to be organizing events or anything, I just stepped to the plate to make the clan and if people want to join it, they can search for it after downloading the Call of Duty Advance warfare app, searching for Neo Gaf (while logged in under your Gamer Tag ID) and applying for the clan, I'll get the alerts on my phone and accept you.

(this is not to be confused with the ps4 clan, which I believe is only viewable while signed in with a PS4 user id)

Went ahead and joined. My Gamertag is Sundull if you need to know.

The Beard

what? I guess you don't like COD then.

Why would they nerf kill streaks? COD is built on fun/effective kill streaks. Back to my original question, is there anyway to unlock hardline earlier or is it really 47?

No. Has there ever been a way to unlock items earlier ?

Cider X

Spawns in team deathmatch are terrible. Almost as bad as Ghosts. Seems like only Treyarch know how to do decent spawns.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member

Why would they nerf kill streaks? COD is built on fun/effective kill streaks. Back to my original question, is there anyway to unlock hardline earlier or is it really 47?

I haven't picked up AW but I've always been annoyed at how COD consistently added more and more emphasis on killsteaks ever since COD4. IMO COD works best with no killsteaks since the gun on gun combat is so satisfying, so i'm all for these changes.

Ambient80

Last time I really played a lot was in BO2, and the killstreaks in that game were out of control. It was laughably easy to find a camping spot and get enough points for a god-tier streak which just made it stupid. I'm glad that in this game they can be decently powerful but don't completely end a match (unless you get the DNA nuke, which I haven't seen so I dunno if it ends the match or not).

Tokubetsu

I still can't pick which reload I want in MP x1. I press it once and sometimes I get the slow reload, sometimes it's fast. I just tested this.

Yet still I can do it 100% of the time in the firing range.

d9b

Banned

It's massive improvement over Ghosts, that's for sure... but it's nowhere near Killzone SF graphics.
Also, Battlefield 4 is better looking imho.

Alright, it is total horseshit that it will stick you into a survival game already in progress, but it doesn't give you upgrade points for waves already conpleted.

Dubz

I made a xbox one clan

I can't find the apply button on the app. Anyone know where it is?

EDIT: Found it and applied

Top Bottom