• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Call of Duty Kingslayer
Call of Duty Stuck in the Past
Call of Duty WTFOMA360NOSCOPERUSSIANS
Call of Duty #FAMAS
Call of Duty Just Ward
Call of Duty Whiteboard
Call of Duty Dontbuythisdigitally
Call of Duty Titanfall 2

Been trying to think of a better nickname for Advanced Warfare. Any takers?

Call of Duty: Crysis
Call of Duty: The Winter Soldier
Call of Duty: Guns of the Patriots
Call of Duty: Battlefield

TEH-CJ

Banned
Welp, finally got my hands on this game! Was super excited because of all the positive buzz around this game ~

Not that anyone cares, but here are my Impressions: The guns and shooting feel cheap and unresponsive.. The guns have no weight to them and are not fun to use. Shooting enemies feels like i'm playing planetside 2, absolutely no weight or gratification when killing enemies and it is just extremely plain and boring.. I'm not sure how to explain this, but it just seems like a huge disconnect between the people who designed the weapons and the people who designed the enemies and level interaction.. I've only heard good things about the exo suit, but you get a double jump and a dash? Are you fucking kidding me? Not to mention it feels like shit and clearly made for consoles. Crysis did the exo suit 10 times better 10 years ago??? there's just no excuse.. The story is bad, the level design is bad, the graphics are bad, and the gameplay is outdated as fuck.

I'm not a COD hater.. I'm a huge fan of COD/COD2/COD4, but this game is just garbage. Why the fuck is everyone praising this pile of shit? Can't believe I wasted my money

Go play Wolfenstein and see what a real FPS should feel like.

Yup. My thoughts exactly.

So what's the consensus so far?

I've really been enjoying it. Far more than previous COD games. But I'm big on the whole "future tech" shooters. Double jump is fun and feels natural. Not a fan of the unarmed melee kill animation. Just seems over the top.

But the combat is familiar but very different in movement and tech/perks.

Heysoos

YO. So that neck snap in the campaign mission Find the KVA Key-man looks absolutely brutal because you can see the spine at the back. The details man

Buzzman

Banned
Just bought Advanced Warfare, do you guys think the season pass is worth it? Haven't played CoD since MW2 and I have no idea what you get with the DLC.

kuYuri

Iooddkn.png

Not my picture, but appropriate.

I'm having a problem joining friends games from the mp screen, after I hit triangle to pull up my friends list I will go to one of my friends who I know is just sitting in an empty lobby waiting for me but the option for "Join game" is always greyed out. I had the same problem with the last COD as well.
Playing on ps4
Open nat type

Call of Duty Kingslayer
Call of Duty Stuck in the Past
Call of Duty WTFOMA360NOSCOPERUSSIANS
Call of Duty #FAMAS
Call of Duty Just Ward
Call of Duty Whiteboard
Call of Duty Dontbuythisdigitally
Call of Duty Titanfall 2

Been trying to think of a better nickname for Advanced Warfare. Any takers?

What the hell does the Kingslayer medal require anyway?

FYI kingslayer is COD 4 those other names are previous CODs :p

Is it just me, or are SMGs really REALLY bad in this game??

I've had some of my best games with the MP11 with laser sight, foregrip, and extended mags. Basically slid around like a mad man with Gung-Ho. Try hitting people from the side and back. Nothing beats sliding behind a group of three, taking two out in a slide, the boosting to the side to take out the last one.

I tried the classic playlists, and even though I did better there, I find the classic playlist to be a bit more boring than the main game. The exo abilities are what makes this game fun.

You can really only exo and run and gun when you have a good connection. When my connection and ping are solid, I do great running around, double jumping, boosting, etc. But if I try that with a shitty ping, it's terrible. So obvious, too. How is this still a thing eight or nine CODs in?

legacyzero

Banned
I've had some of my best games with the MP11 with laser sight, foregrip, and extended mags. Basically slid around like a mad man with Gung-Ho. Try hitting people from the side and back. Nothing beats sliding behind a group of three, taking two out in a slide, the boosting to the side to take out the last one.

SMGs should be formidible close quarters, even face to face, though.

That is crazy considering the other shotguns in that game were perfectly viable without being broken. You could, you know miss those.

I wasn't a huge Shotgun guy in MW2. I just liked the 1887's at the time because they were broken, but also because it reminded me of Terminator 2.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well the last friend I had left that still plays CoD has quit Advanced Warfare only a few days in, so that sucks. I think I'm done with the series TBH, I can't afford to spend £40 for 3 days worth of gaming. I mean I'm not loving it either so I can't really blame him, but I'm starting to warm to it a little and actually had some big games today which I enjoyed.

jimminy1403

Neo Member
I've found hardcore mode to be more fun. Slower and a bit more strategic. So far there seems to be few campers, which I think kinda ruined some other CODs hardcore modes. Not sure if that's because of the maps or exo suit or because I've been lucky or what.

People should give it a go I they haven't yet.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Just bought Advanced Warfare, do you guys think the season pass is worth it? Haven't played CoD since MW2 and I have no idea what you get with the DLC.

I'd wait a few weeks. See how Sledgehammer cleans things up.

You usually get 4 new maps. Maybe a new gun if we are lucky.

I don't think I've maintained anything above a 1.0 in any COD. So my .80 isn't a big deal to me in AW.

The only shooter series I've always gone positive is Battlefield, at worst I am 1.5, at best 2.5.

I'm the opposite. Always 1-1.5 on CoD but I routinely get destroyed in Battlefield. I'm not a runner and gunner, maybe I just have bad luck.

Top Bottom