• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

GeeDuhb

I really wish the player icon wasn't blue like the rest of the team. Makes it very hard to tell who's who sometimes.

This will almost certainly be fixed in the first title update. Along with the stupid chat icons in the middle of the screen...

what? I guess you don't like COD then.

Why would they nerf kill streaks? COD is built on fun/effective kill streaks. Back to my original question, is there anyway to unlock hardline earlier or is it really 47?

Not the first time through, but there is a permanent unlock you get after each prestige, so you could unlock it forever after that.

Delt31

No. Has there ever been a way to unlock items earlier ?

So really good update here. Apparently when you prestige in this game, they allow you to UNLOCK one item (perk, weapon, etc) to keep so this means I can unlock hardline when I prestige and have it at level 1. This makes a huge difference for someone like me who actually like Killstreaks (thought everyone did - this is COD but anyway) really awesome that SH put this in there b/c the other COD had you lose everything.

purg3

slept with Malkin
just a reminder to xbox 1 players
I made a xbox one clan
I'm not going to be organizing events or anything, I just stepped to the plate to make the clan and if people want to join it, they can search for it after downloading the Call of Duty Advance warfare app, searching for Neo Gaf (while logged in under your Gamer Tag ID) and applying for the clan, I'll get the alerts on my phone and accept you.

(this is not to be confused with the ps4 clan, which I believe is only viewable while signed in with a PS4 user id)

Just applied.

I like scorestreaks because well i don't like when the game did before it was to dominating and no fun at all now it is fun and more of a challenge to get scorestreaks that are useful.

I run zero scorestreaks and no exo .....still manage to clean up and get a score similar to someone using them

The most annoying scorestreaks is by far the system hack...As you have to give up the toughness/scav combo just to run hardwired
and it fucks up your entire screen if you don't have it

I picked up a copy today. Just too much positive buzz to ignore. I could only install it before I had to go to work, but I am hyped to start playing some multiplayer tonight.

Sojgat

Some people using the MORS sure do look like they're quickscoping.

But there's no quickscoping right, Sludgehammer?

I'm addicted to the multiplayer mode... but the sound mixing is completly FUBAR in this game - it's almost impossible to tell someone is firing at you. Near-misses just get drowned out by the constant shooting noise.

Is this some design choice to compensate for the super maneuverability?

Some people using the MORS sure do look like they're quickscoping.

But there's no quickscoping right, Sludgehammer?

Mors+acog scope seems to be the combo they r using. ....I won't say quickscopes are dead but they die pretty quickly trying to play the way they did. ..The ads seems longer

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
If I choose New Game, will it override my Exo upgrades in campaign? Does choosing a chapter for the mission select allow be to keep them?

For the people like me who are having a rough time with the lag and/or feeling like the enemy is a second a head of you, try to unlock the Quickdraw grip. Its pretty much sleight of hand pro, aka Fast ADS. It seems to be improving my game a lot now. It takes 10 headshots to unlock it I believe

GeeDuhb

Is there a way to mute everyone in the match with one button on the X1?

Yes, I would love to know this as well. I saw someone say you hit Triangle on PS4 (Y should be the equivalent) when on the scoreboard, but don't know if that works on X1. If not, hopefully they will patch it in.

They really need to do something about the AK12. It is literally the only gun that makes sense. I can use other guns, but why? AK 12 is a sniper rifle that kills in 2 bullets from any range, but has a million rounds.

Oh, and I guess we can't get a fix for this reload bug? Kind of tired of losing all of my bullets even though I just tap Square.

MercuryLS

Banned
I haven't picked up AW but I've always been annoyed at how COD consistently added more and more emphasis on killsteaks ever since COD4. IMO COD works best with no killsteaks since the gun on gun combat is so satisfying, so i'm all for these changes.

Same here, kill streaks are annoying and thankful I haven't seen many used in AW so far.

Leunam

Hope you guys can tell who this is supposed to be:

fN9rh7Hl.jpg

08kmG53l.jpg

Yes, I would love to know this as well. I saw someone say you hit Triangle on PS4 (Y should be the equivalent) when on the scoreboard, but don't know if that works on X1. If not, hopefully they will patch it in.

Should be the same. Hit the start button (options on ps4) then go to mute players, once in that menu press Y and there will be a mute all option.

Just started the game, haven't touched multiplayer yet. Can someone let me know if these are all of the EXO moves? Double jump and dash forward, back, left, and right? That's it, right?

Also, is there a cool down on the amount of times you can dash? One last thing, in single player my gun says battery on it, but I can't tell what is using up the battery. Any help?

Dubz

They really need to do something about the AK12. It is literally the only gun that makes sense. I can use other guns, but why? AK 12 is a sniper rifle that kills in 2 bullets from any range, but has a million rounds.

Oh, and I guess we can't get a fix for this reload bug? Kind of tired of losing all of my bullets even though I just tap Square.
I tried other guns, but nothing compares to the AK. It's getting me back to where I need to be KDR wise.

Yeah, not feeling this and the exo movements are nice, but I like the non-exo playlist for being much more grounded. I really wish Sledge would increase TTK at least for this mode. I think that alone can change the enjoyment immensely for me.

You fly all around in this game and TTK is just so annoyingly low for me to enjoy. It's funny, reloading is one thing that slows you down and kills momentum a lot. Titanfall always felt great, as you could reload while wall running and moving fast, if I'm not mistaken. I'll try out the perk that lets you run and reload, but again, TTK brings the enjoyment down for me.

I feel what's really missing is the personal and intimate encounters you'd have with grounded gameplay. I commend the change though, it's a nice differentiation, but I do expect the next COD to return to something more grounded.

leng jai

Close to ragequitting I think. The amount of BS with this game is ridiculous. It's way too hard to stay alive in this game for more than 20 seconds unless you just camp.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Man fuck this netcode. It's 2014 and they can't get it right. I am shooting straight at people and one shot kills me. It's really getting on my nerves. Also whoever said this game was fast never played titanfall... Now that was faster.

Oh well.. Game is amazing. Just the netcode us horrible.

Simple one sentence answered needed.

How does this version compare to ghosts?

Ghosts was a piece of shit and the COD formula was running on fumes when it came out. So it's nice to see AW change it up abit. Be warned though it has some of the same problems that date back all to way to 4 or MW2

Muh best friend and I joined 6 months ago and in that time never had the "why I joined" conversation.

Now that you have failed this exercise, let me show you around the base you have been at for probably months.

Done with that? Now that you've fought in a warzone and engaged in a tactical op, let me show you how to fire a gun.

Campaign is typical COD levels of fucking terrible so far.

Top Bottom