• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Lima

Half way through the campaign on Vet difficulties. God basically 2 shots and I'm dead all the time. .sigh

This armor better be amazing.

Wut? This campaign was easy as shit on Vet. I was constantly checking if I was even playing on Vet. It's the easiest modern day cod.

Sp33Demon

Why is everyone talking about MW2 now like it was some sort of pinnacle of multiplayer gaming? That game was even stupider with lightweight, marathon, commando players and non-stop killstreaks in the air.

Amen. MW2 had nice maps and great gunplay but I am enjoying AW just because 99% of the time when you die, someone had to put some effort into it.

Unlike CODs before, rarely do I encounter the following:
- Deaths by seemingly endless aerial killstreaks.
- Deaths by all kinds of lethal and debilitating bullshit tossed in every nook and cranny.
- Deaths by rocket and grenade launching pricks trying to get cheap kills.

The absence of those things alone may this game way more fun even when I go negative. If they would just fix the spawns and some of the lag, I'd be set.

Wut? This campaign was easy as shit on Vet. I was constantly checking if I was even playing on Vet. It's the easiest modern day cod.

First time actually doing a CoD campaign, I don't like having to continuously hide and then shoot at objects. The enemies colors blend in too well with the background.

Oh man you guys:

ditch matchmaking. Lets get in a private match and play with:

130% health + fast regen + 3 second spawn

I also really wish they'd make camo more like Killzone: cant run with primary, but you can run with pistol/secondary. As soon as you switch, you lose the camo. The camo was also better than what is in AW now but not totally invisible

SMZC

Why is everyone talking about MW2 now like it was some sort of pinnacle of multiplayer gaming? That game was even stupider with lightweight, marathon, commando players and non-stop killstreaks in the air.

MW2 was very stupid, granted, but it was also very fun. The map design wasn't nearly as great as COD4's, but it was still light years beyond any of the maps that came afterwards, except perhaps BO1's.

To a lot of people it was the last COD to feature a substantial number of innovations. Let's also not forget the fact that all that separates MW2 from perfection is a couple of balance patches. The problem is that Activision's policy of releasing yearly products effectively kills their own games, so that's why we never end up seeing patches that shake things up too much (because, you know, they don't want people liking an old game of theirs *too much*, just in case we decide not to buy their new ones).

Someone posted about the Sac3 in this thread yesterday, so I tried it out:

Sac3, Lightweight, Gung - ho, Scavenger, Overclock and Stims.

So much fun. That and the Bulldog are fun as hell. Makes it feel very comfortable not having to aid down sight.

MW2 was very stupid, granted, but it was also very fun. The map design wasn't nearly as great as COD4's, but it was still light years beyond any of the maps that came afterwards, except perhaps BO1's.

To a lot of people it was the last COD to feature a substantial number of innovations. Let's also not forget the fact that all that separates MW2 from perfection is a couple of balance patches. The problem is that Activision's policy of releasing yearly products effectively kills their own games, so that's why we never end up seeing patches that shake things up too much (because, you know, they don't want people liking an old game of theirs *too much*, just in case we decide not to buy their new ones).

I loved the stupid and it did make the game more fun. I loved the choke points on the levels and the design of MW1 and MW2. AW MP is just crappy to me so far, but I'm trying to like it. There is no AW MP map that is even close to the vanilla COD maps like the Apartments and Overgrown.

The SP for AW is stellar scripted typical COD which I'm fine with.

I wish they also added a perk/exo ability that lets you have 3+ exo movements. There is clearly a cooldown after you use two exo movements in quick succession.

Wtf is with the 2shot headshot BS?
haven't even noticed till I started Classic TDM.

Im okay with this if you are using anything other than a sniper. It's not like we need more 1 shot instant deaths

A respawn dev actually replied in the active MW2 thread and said at the time IW (the real one, not the current one) had patches ready to go, but the lawsuit stuff ruined it and shortly after Activision told them to focus on MW3 and drop MW2. Such a shame.

Well I for one miss
Cod4
WaW
Blops
And blops 2

MW3 and ghosts and this to an extent is embarrassing the fall of this franchise really leaves a hole in my heart.

Using this line of reasoning, it makes perfect sense why they never fixed MW2. Can't believe I never thought about it like this before.

jorgejjvr

Not enjoying this game, disappointed. I think I might be done with COD, unless Treyarch works its magic with Bo3 next year hopefully

Eggbok

This game seriously has the best death poses.

B14z-KMIIAAMP2h.jpg:large

B1lqxTNIUAAti0N.jpg:large

"I've fallen and I can't get up..!"
B1icNsWIgAEYUq0.jpg:large

rcl66

How do you get the collectors edition bonus supply drops? It says 5 bonus supply drops but I didnt see them in game. Do they just come randomly or something similar?

Elitist1945

Just finished campaign. I'd rank it amongst my top 5 CoD campaigns. Hated the ending though. Felt very abrupt.

I've only played a match or two of multi, but its definitely Call of Duty and I still suck as always.

So: MW2 > WaW > MW > BO > AW

Basically the gameplay was Titanfall, graphics were Killzone (they were surprisingly VERY good) and the guns were Wolfenstein (in terms of sound/feedback...and the laser gun).

9/10 (on a pure single player level)

jacobs34

I picked up a new router today, and experienced zero problems with lag (getting killed around corners, slow down, BS kill cams). Felt good to just play the game without worrying about my connection.

Sometimes the spawns in this game are so ridiculous.

Playing momentum on Recovery and spawned 3 times in a row just feet away from the flag, literally just spawning into gunfire. Who thought this was a good idea?

Love the game but man it can frustrate the living snot out of me at times.

Nimby

Banned
Sometimes the spawns in this game are so ridiculous.

Playing momentum on Recovery and spawned 3 times in a row just feet away from the flag, literally just spawning into gunfire. Who thought this was a good idea?

Love the game but man it can frustrate the living snot out of me at times.

I think their idea was to place you closer to the flag. Incidentally, my roommate loves this mode, and spawned near the flag only to punched by an enemy player who was right behind him.

I don't think spawns are that bad in TDM though. Ghosts spawns were hella-terrible compared to this.

--------

Random question, what was that Japanese Call of Duty with the anime girls on the cover? I'm not buying it, I'm just very interested in what the actual fuck that game was, ever since someone posted it on here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

Random question, what was that Japanese Call of Duty with the anime girls on the cover? I'm not buying it, I'm just very interested in what the actual fuck that game was, ever since someone posted it on here. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Call of Duty: Photoshop Edition

I think their idea was to place you closer to the flag. Incidentally, my roommate loves this mode, and spawned near the flag only to punched by an enemy player who was right behind him.

I don't think spawns are that bad in TDM though. Ghosts spawns were hella-terrible compared to this.

--------

I love the game mode too, pretty much all I play and I get the idea about spawning you near the flag so you can capture it quicker but at least put the spawn points behind a wall or something, not literally out in the open 5 feet away from the flag.

I'm pretty sure it's just Call of Duty Online, or fake.

DirtyLarry

I am about halfway through the SP campaign which for me is actually very far considering my limited time to play games. That alone says I am enjoying it, especially since I currently have 4 other games I could be finishing and or starting* (The Evil Within, Driveclub, Forza Horizon 2 and *Sunset Overdrive, ). When I have had time, I have chosen to play the Campaign of AW. So that does tell me at the very least I find it entertaining.

Then again I am enjoying it for what it is. A "popcorn flick" video game.
The story is all over the place and pretty damn laughable, but it does what it needs to do. Get the player from one interesting locale to another.
I also find myself trying to complete the little exo upgrade meta game in each campaign level to unlock upgrades for the Exo suit, meaning headshots, kills, grenade kills, and whatever the last one is.
It is actually very fun to play if you do not approach it as anything serious. Sure, at it's essence it is a glorified shooting gallery, but they do it in a way that is fun to play.

Granted I did not play full price for it thanks to some free promo cash given to me by MS for a screw up in receiving my $10 promo credit for Forza Horizon 5, I guess because I complained so much they decided to give me $20 for some reason, so technically I only paid $40 of my own hard earned money. Perhaps that is making me a bit more lenient than I normally would be, however I do think so far it is an entertaining ride.
The whole modernized advanced warfare approach really let them introduce some fun weapons and "gadgets" from a purely gameplay perspective.
I also think little things like being able to cycle the grenade type while about to throw it is a smart solution to an age old problem.

It will not be winning any GOTY awards, at least it definitely should not, but I am entertained. No doubt.

With all that said, hopefully it gets some decent trade in credit (preferably at Best Buy now that I am a proud GCU member) in a week or two once I beat it.

Top Bottom