• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

I've been meaning to get around to this but just kept forgetting.

May I join the Gaf clan?

PSN: Jarek23

Anything else I need to do, specific way to apply?

Edit: on PS4.

Cavalier

Banned
You'll get it eventually (hopefully eventually/so random) through a Supply Drop.

FYI, you can't equip any glasses/goggles when wearing it, which is pretty annoying. Unless you get the one that already has the glasses.

Ahh crap alrighty.

Also, I tried playing classic playlist and made me wonder why it's even there. The game feels so dull without exoskeleton.

Holy fuck the lag makes this game downright unplayable. Every single match I've gone into for the last half an hour has 1-2 bars per player tops. This is inexcusable for a next ten multiplayer game.

ViciousDS

Banned
why did sledgehammer remove the option to search local region only for matches, they only search now worldwide there's no way to f****** change the setting

Ahh crap alrighty.

Also, I tried playing classic playlist and made me wonder why it's even there. The game feels so dull without exoskeleton.

Agreed, it's going to be hard to go back to playing without the exo movements if Treyarch/IW decide not to use it in future games.

It's revived the series for me, Ghosts just about killed my love for it and if this one was the same old it probably would have been my last.

NYR

I am finding the learning curve for MP is 5 hours. Don't give up folks, 5 hours is enough to find what will work for you.

The Beard

It's like I'm playing Hardcore but I'm not. I'm dying before I even know I'm being shot at. There's zero time to react to anything. If somebody sees me, I'm dead. It doesn't even matter if I get the first couple shots off. Ridiculous !

Ahh crap alrighty.

I mostly agree, on the flip side however if you are in a laggy match the exomovements just exacerbate the teleporting and make in extremely frustrating.

Sojgat

why did sledgehammer remove the option to search local region only for matches, they only search now worldwide there's no way to f****** change the setting

Yeah, it's terrible. I thought the setting might be hidden in a sub menu, but it's not.

The matchmaking is a mess in general though.

Cavalier

Banned
I mostly agree, on the flip side however if you are in a laggy match the exomovements just exacerbate the teleporting and make in extremely frustrating.

Never had an issue with lag since Day Zero to be honest with you yet on X1 *knock on wood*. I can definitely understand how frustrating this game would be when you're lagging like hell.

Boxcar

Neo Member
Right now this is my favorite COD MP of all time. I love how fast it plays and I've never liked so many maps before - there might be 1 that I don't really care for. Maybe it's because I enjoy running around like a lunatic and don't give a shit what my k/d is, I don't know.

It's like I'm playing Hardcore but I'm not. I'm dying before I even know I'm being shot at. There's zero time to react to anything. If somebody sees me, I'm dead. It doesn't even matter if I get the first couple shots off. Ridiculous !
I think SH wanted to make exo the overall focus in MP, and in order to force it they seemed to have gone above and beyond to eliminate camping or map control.

In order to do this the maps were designed purely for verticality, but they've gone to the extreme with it and as a result every section has a minimum of a dozen+ entrances/flanks. Spawns seem to always spawn you between enemies or use revenge spawns, leading to instadeaths. Killstreaks have been neutered to allow players to escape them easily, destroy them with ease, and to further discourage campy gameplay since they're so weak they're not worth going for.

Everything about this game just ensures you will die and not have any flawless or near flawless runs. This is the first CoD that has 0 safe spots where you can catch your breath and think. It's catered to and designed for run and gunners, with everyone else being sol with their preferred gameplay method.

Ultimen

Banned
Was sick of COD, but the inclusion of Kevin Spacey, and the fact that survival mode has been re-included enticed me enough to pick up the game. I have finished 3 chapters of the single player campaign and I am extremely disappointed. The 'new' engine they are supposedly using just seems like a highly modified version of the old engine. There is a total lack of physics, clipping (especially from the melee attack), blood, and I absolutely detest hit markers in the single player. Most of the set pieces are complete and utter chaos where you are being shot from every direction and it is extremely difficult to differentiate between allies and enemies.

HiiiLife

I've already prestiged. I've learned the game, but I've never played a COD that was so unforgiving and cheap. If I land the first shot and get 3 hit markers before you shoot me, you should be the one that dies not me.

It really is a shitty game. Glad I didn't jump to conclusions during that honeymoon phase like some responses.

Out of curiosity, can someone one Xbox One and even last gen consoles, PC see how many people are on the leaderboards under Career.

On PS4 is almost 1.8 million.

Just wondering if we could get a rough estimate as to how much the game has sold so far.

ramuh

After going around 1.4 K/D for the first 20 levels or so, I seemed to slump. Posting around a .7 K/D for like ten levels. I have gotten over that hump and am now averaging 1.4 over the last ten levels. Career K/D is .98. Slowly building it back up.

And Holy hell do I love the IMR.

Holy fuck the lag makes this game downright unplayable. Every single match I've gone into for the last half an hour has 1-2 bars per player tops. This is inexcusable for a next ten multiplayer game.

This.

Seriously, FUCK this game. I've been above average in every COD. I just went 1-8. This game is fucking infuriating.

This.

ingame chat just min ago:
"Where are you from?"
"Canada"
Well then, no wonder the game is lagging for me (I'm from EU). :/

This.

The learning curve isn't a big deal, you can get used to the maps and the movement pretty quick, it's the lag/lag comp that's difficult to deal with.

This.

This.

The matchmaking is a mess in general though.

This.
Are you sure this statement wasn't supposed to describe every Call of Duty?

Its extra bad in this COD. Like really, really bad.

This. It's really, really noticeably worse this year. Maybe it's just terribad outside of NA

Oh you. But

I figured out that just like Ghost and MW3, if I stick to the periphery of the map instead of running right in the middle, the odds of my survival go up dramatically. If you want to get to specific place, just go all the way out to map boundary and follow it until you're closest to that point. Its a long way but at least you won't get shot in the back as often.

For the people that didn't want exo stuff in their Call of Duty(I wasn't even going to buy the game because of it but the Exo mobility turned out much better than I expected).
Sadly classic are the only modes that somewhat work at the moment, the lag and spawns aren't half as bad in there.

I am thankful they have an SnD without the Exo mobility because it ruins the mode.

NeoROCK

FWIW - Ground War is pretty awesome. It seems like every map is the perfect size for GW, except maybe Greenband.

There is lag at times, but it's not any worse than any other game mode, or any previous CoD.

They're obscure modes, but damn, I've tried to play a couple of the "Classic" playlists on PC and didn't find a single game. It's the first week. Starting to really regret not just getting the PS4 version...

NeoROCK

I've often wondered… if so many of your deaths are total BS, how many of your kills are BS too? Don't forget you're not the only one in the lobby experiencing lag.

RS4-

I've often wondered… if so many of your deaths are total BS, how many of your kills are BS too? Don't forget you're not the only one in the lobby experiencing lag.

Only the ones where you shoot someone in the back. Unless you get shot in the back first because map awareness is thrown out the window due to spawns and shit audio.

lol, my thoughts exactly. Everyone complains, I shot him 5 times and I died after one shot! It's bs! Everyone can't be the victim of lag, there's always the player on the other side that is benefiting. Are those the guys that are saying this is the best COD ever? lol

Top Bottom