• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Doombear

I just don't know what to think of MP yet. I think I am in the waning years of my love for the franchise. I bought the Hardened Edition of MW2 and paid for the Elite and I enjoyed the hell out of it. I bought the Hardened Edition of BLOPS and never lasted until the DLC maps, but it was fun for a good few months straight. I bought the normal version of Ghosts and that help my interest for even less time...

I Gamefly'd AW. I want to love it. I do. I have had fun with the franchise for hours and hours and hours. I just ... am more frustrated that excited to play it anymore and that sucks.

I am not going to blame it on anything, because I don't really know the reason. I just know it isn't fun anymore.

I did make this though. So I have to at least play as long as I can bear to for Milo's sake.

Milo Goes to CODage
i2PZ9KSTm3UW.png

EL CUCO

Am I the ONLY one NOT having ANY lag issues? No issues thus far - NOT one. My connection is very fast FYI.

Nope. You're not. I'm not seeing any of the lag issues people are experiencing. Hard wired 100/50 on the south east coast. I'm loving this game, right now.

Hip Hop

Nope. You're not. I'm not seeing any of the lag issues people are experiencing. Hard wired 100/50 on the south east coast. I'm loving this game, right now.

Its sometimes not just lag.

It's just the shots are very suspect. It happens a lot. I really think everyone is experiencing this but don't really pay close attention. Once you know what to look for, you'll see it everytime.

Sojgat

You have summed it up almost perfectly. I've enjoyed AW for about 2 days but tonight I'm honestly bored of it. In fact I've downloaded all my DLC for Ghosts and will be jumping back in for shits and giggles.

The worst thing about AW is the maps. They are absolutely atrocious.

I like most of the maps.

Bio Lab and Instinct kind of suck though.

EL CUCO

Its sometimes not just lag.

It's just the shots are very suspect. It happens a lot. I really think everyone is experiencing this but don't really pay close attention. Once you know what to look for, you'll see it everytime.

Oh I know exactly what you're talking about. I experienced that ALOT in Blops2 but I can honestly say that AW has been solid for me, almost 10 hrs in to the MP

So when you prestige you also lose your gun camo that you've unlocked. At least I did, unless it's a bug. This is the second COD I've prestiged so I don't really know, you'd normally get to keep the camo wouldn't you?

HiiiLife

I honestly feel IW will just do a remaster for the MW series when it's their turn. After Ghosts its the only way they can save face. And they know fans love CoD4. And remasters are still brining in money in 2014.

Fuck. I just want a remake from CoD4, W@W and MW2. That's it. Cut everything else out.

DON'T YOU SEE HOW MUCH I MISS THE OLD SHIT? @activision

First time I heard someone say this miss campers/camping.

I think he was talking about how in CoD4, there was drawbacks for being reckless and running around but it is not seen in AW because of quiet footsteps and map philosophy not working in favor of people who play much slower or like to be territorial; not necessarily camping in corners.

That is a problem with the maps we have now. Most are open for longer range battles, but not large enough for people to even defend objectives sometimes.

IISANDERII

First time I heard someone say this miss campers/camping.
I definitely do. Giving campers good spots to hold down means you know where they'll very likely be and what their sightlines are, what options you have for besting them, what tactics to use. They also anchor spawns so that enemies are far less likely to spawn behind you.

My favourite moments from mw2 were besting campers in games of cat and mouse.

kuYuri

I honestly feel IW will just do a remaster for the MW series when it's their turn. After Ghosts its the only way they can save face. And they know fans love CoD4. And remasters are still brining in money in 2014.

Fuck. I just want a remake from CoD4, W@W and MW2. That's it. Cut everything else out.

Lol, nah.

Infinity Ward didn't hire two ex-Naughty Dog leads and have Neversoft merged with their studio to work on a MW remaster.

Portugeezer

Lol, nah.

Infinity Ward didn't hire two ex-Naughty Dog leads and have Neversoft merged with their studio to work on a MW remaster.

That is part of the surprise, no one will expect it.

I think he was talking about how in CoD4, there was drawbacks for being reckless and running around but it is not seen in AW because of quiet footsteps and map philosophy not working in favor of people who play much slower or like to be territorial; not necessarily camping in corners.

That is a problem with the maps we have now. Most are open for longer range battles, but not large enough for people to even defend objectives sometimes.
I definitely do. Giving campers good spots to hold down means you know where they'll very likely be and what their sightlines are, what options you have for besting them, what tactics to use. They also anchor spawns so that enemies are far less likely to spawn behind you.

My favourite moments from mw2 were besting campers in games of cat and mouse.

You guys are right. Sums it up perfectly.

Get rid of horrible MW2 and make it BLOPS instead and you have a deal.

Why is everyone talking about MW2 now like it was some sort of pinnacle of multiplayer gaming? That game was even stupider with lightweight, marathon, commando players and non-stop killstreaks in the air.

Card Boy

Banned
Why is everyone talking about MW2 now like it was some sort of pinnacle of multiplayer gaming? That game was even stupider with lightweight, marathon, commando players and non-stop killstreaks in the air.

not to mention Juggernaunt, Death Streaks and OMA Noobtubers.

The maps where amazing though which i guess is why people like it so much.

HiiiLife

The game has been fun since 2009. Been saying this in every CoD related thread since I joined in 2012. Easily the most unbalanced mess of the series, but still fun as hell.

Its not even my favorite but its up there with CoD4 and W@W for me.

Maximus.

Been casually playing the singleplayer campaign on hardened and have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. Didn't think another COD would be fun to play. I cant wait to jump into multiplayer and see if that really brings back the magic for me.

Carbonox

That Defender map is proper minging. Fucking despise it.

Detroit on the other hand.
1l60FCa.png
I clean up reaaaaaal gooooooood.

In other news that Wheelman achievement is fucking jokes. Took me ages to get it. You have zero indication whether or not you hit something so good luck.

Cavalier

Banned
After playing AW and Titanfall, it's really hard for me to go back to BF4 and other standard shooters. Oh god. Someone save me. I have an exam in a few days and I can't get away from this crack.

QFd6AyZ.jpg

Joeki11a

Banned
I been playing campaign and it just doesnt impress, its more of a wannabe BF4 style presentation. You noticed?.

Other Cod games used to be its own style
They were grounded in gaming, this COD story is trying to be...not a game story at all its like a tv show on TNT.

HiiiLife

Honestly the only reason I hold W@W in such high regard is because I see the online as a CoD4 WW2 spinoff. And CoD4 is in my top 3 shooters along with Halo 2 and TimeSplitters 2.

Are the tanks a questionable addition? Definitely. But the fun I've had with that WW2 spin off far outweighs the BS I dealt with. Lol. I miss those bouncing betties.

Before I give my thoughts: does anyone here have the PS4 version of this who got the Destiny shader for preordering who wouldn't mind PMing me the shader code? I know it's a long shot, but would love it.

On the topic of this game: Loved the campaign. Bal-27 needs a nerf. Energy weapons need a buff. Exo movement is sort of clunky, but good. But for fuck's sake, the kill times. Why do they need to be so low? :/

With all of this camper talk you would think they've dominated every game played in CoD the last few years. Sure, we all die to somebody parked in some random place every once in a while, but these guys rarely do that well.Even if these campers get a high K/D, it's usually comes with a really low kill count and a totally forgettable game played. The best players usually run around alot, creating their kill opportunities, not waiting for them to come; But then again, anybody who doesn't run straight through the middle of the map, or if they stop for even a second, or if they shoot from behind any sort of cover, can be called a camper by somebody it seems. I don't mean to come off snarky, but the last few CoD's ( outside of ghost, I didn't play it enough to comment on it's pace) have been insanely fast games that focused mainly on cqc,and camping has been really hard to pull off successfully, so it's hard for me to believe that there is actually people complaining about campers in those games.

Edit: and anybody who wants higher health, and a game with similar mechanics that's mostly cqc, should try Destiny's pvp. Seriously, you might like it, and it sounds like it's right up the alley for a few of you.

Daximuss

Before I give my thoughts: does anyone here have the PS4 version of this who got the Destiny shader for preordering who wouldn't mind PMing me the shader code? I know it's a long shot, but would love it.

On the topic of this game: Loved the campaign. Bal-27 needs a nerf. Energy weapons need a buff. Exo movement is sort of clunky, but good. But for fuck's sake, the kill times. Why do they need to be so low? :/

Check your PM.

Honestly the only reason I hold W@W in such high regard is because I see the online as a CoD4 WW2 spinoff. And CoD4 is in my top 3 shooters along with Halo 2 and TimeSplitters 2.

Are the tanks a questionable addition? Definitely. But the fun I've had with that WW2 spin off far outweighs the BS I dealt with. Lol. I miss those bouncing betties.

I was upset with the poor audio (footsteps) and the MP40, but what I really loved was the single player and story co-op.

By the way, anyone try AW with bots and with increased health? I do wish this game had higher health...seems to work better than what we have now

HiiiLife

I was upset with the poor audio (footsteps) and the MP40, but what I really loved was the single player and story co-op.

By the way, anyone try AW with bots and with increased health? I do wish this game had higher health...seems to work better than what we have now

Treyarch said how can we piss off players more than IW's MP5 and introduced the MP40.

I'm absolutely loving the SP for AW. They just nailed it. I gave up on Ghosts SP about halfway out of boredom.

MP is good, way better than Ghosts except the lag/lag compensation shit is just ruinous to good fun. When I played BLops 2, I had a connection that was 1/4 the speed I have now and it I never bad.

Yeah I'm in Australia. But judging by the acccents of the people I'm playing, so is everyone else in my matches.

also- let me turn off non-friends voice chat globally, instead of per round. Orm I missing a crucial setting somewhere? If so, please point me in the right direction.

J.EM1

Played some more online MP and just as I suspected, it's my internet connection that's ruining the experience. I average about 4 bars but for some reason my hit markers aren't putting enemies down. Aside from that, I made it to level 20 in a little under two hours thanks to the double XP.

Half way through the campaign on Vet difficulties. God basically 2 shots and I'm dead all the time. .sigh

This armor better be amazing.

Top Bottom