• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare |OT| House of CODs

Sledgehammer is definitely using some type of skill based matchmaking. I decided to play on a new gamertag and start fresh tonight. I was matched with all low level players.

I'm currently at a 6 kd and my bullets are actually registering. I almost got the DNA bomb my first game but I choked it at 26.

FGEju44.jpg

Seriously, burst and semi-auto rifles are completely useless in this game. There's really no reason to use any other weapon besides the first AR you start off with (BAL), because it's arguably the best gun in the game.

SMG's are useless because the BAL can hipfire with the best of them, it has superior range and damage, and it barely slows you down. There's really no reason not to Prestige anymore. You're as powerful at level 5 as you at @ level 50.

Disagree, the IMR is like the COD4 M16 its a great gun.
ARX kinda sucks.
MK14 is horrendous, a single shot rifle that takes 100 shots to kill.

Hip Hop

LMAO at them using skill based again if true.

It should be based on connection purely. You want skill, there's a rank playlist for that.

Can't believe it man.

geordiemp

Sledgehammer is definitely using some type of skill based matchmaking. I decided to play on a new gamertag and start fresh tonight. I was matched with all low level players.

I'm currently at a 6 kd and my bullets are actually registering. I almost got the DNA bomb my first game but I choked it at 26.

FGEju44.jpg

No surprises there - they are there own worst enemy...

Instead of giving players decent lobbies based on ping (which would maybe save their COD fanbase), they go out of their way to bugger it up.

How many games will it be until COD can fix these long-standing campaign mistakes?

* If you saddle me with allied AI at every turn, at least have the allies holding position behind me cover my flank. There's nothing worse than seeing an enemy walk all around the battlefield, past your so-called squad mates, stand in the open and then shoot you in the back of the head.

* New rule: AI in the middle of what would appear to be a large scale battle between multiple forces don't have to always prioritize the player as the #1 target. Really, its OK to sometimes shoot at my allied AI that is firing on their position from a few feet away and in the open.

* If the allied and enemy AIs are hard to make out in battle, I'm going to want to at least be able to use known allied AI positions, and see what they're firing on to get a bead on the enemy. This only works if the allied AI actually engages enemies right in front of them, otherwise when I move to join my team I'm actually running right into a cheap death at close range, while my so called allies watch from their crouched positions.

* New rule: If the enemy AI hasn't established line of sight with me - they shouldn't have psychic understanding of my position, from range - to shoot me through light but concealing cover. If you want to explain this with Threat grenades, have the enemy actually throw them first and light the player up.

* Special new rule for Exosuits which should be simple: If you tell me at mission start that I have a certain capability - say the double jump - and I use it several times - and I still have Exo battery juice, DON'T start ignoring my attempts to use the power when it doesn't fit the script. In a particular running battle along a bridge I could use the double jump sometimes and not others and there was zero sense to be made of it.

These AI and hand-holding issues have existed since the series began, and have been a mix of decent to frustrating, depending upon which studio made the game and even level to level within the same game - Advanced Warfare's campaign quality is all over the place, and its too bad, because its a pretty damn solid COD campaign, yet again held back by cheap AI and in some cases here some undercooked levels.

The Beard

ARX kinda sucks.
MK14 is horrendous, a single shot rifle that takes 100 shots to kill.

I got a "special" MK14 in a supply drop so I decided to give it a go. My god what a piece of shit, I didn't get one kill. It's a miracle if I win any face to face shootouts with a full auto, trying to land 8 consecutive shots with the MK14 is a fucking joke.

Pat_DC

I have to agree about the IMR, I used it for two matches after unlocking it and had a lot of fun with it.
It also forces you to play a little differently, not just running in.

The auto reload bug is a really weird thing to make it through QandA. I'm also shocked that the game shipped with the audio levels so off, all the sounds that are meant for your ds4 speaker are so freaking loud with headphones that I take it off after each game or don't even use my headsets.

I got a "special" MK14 in a supply drop so I decided to give it a go. My god what a piece of shit, I didn't get one kill. It's a miracle if I win any face to face shootouts with a full auto, trying to land 8 consecutive shots with the MK14 is a fucking joke.

This had to have been one of the most disappointing moments I've had with this game. The MK14 is one of my favorite guns in every CoD it has appeared in. I love semi automatic rifles. Yet this one is impossible to do well with. It does such low damage to enemies, I might as well be shooting a super soaker at them.

RedAssedApe

Banned
hmm...i actually prefer the HBRA over AK and BAL. don't really see the OP of BAL...think it might just be lag introducing a ton of unpredictability to the actual performance characteristics of each gun?

I dunno guys. I play mostly objecitve modes and I am not seeing the kind of network jankiness you guys are.

Sure you get the occasional bad connection but I think they must have the lag compensation turned up in tdm because its the most popular and casual mode.

Is there an unlock guide for customization? Ikeep unlocking stuff and I have no idea how.

You unlock items through Supply Drops, which seem to happen about every 30-60 in game minutes (multiplayer), what you get is completely random and everything you earn from supply drops you get to keep, or you can sell it for XP.

You unlock some items temporarily by completing objectives such as 5 headshot medals in a match, these items expire after a while and aren't random.

You also get some items from the single player campaign which you keep forever.

Lastly, from Exo Survival. For instance if you completely level up your shield you'll get a zombie loadout, if you level up the gun ability to 10 then you'll get a zombie helmet or gloves or something, these you also keep forever.

Edit: You also get a full set of items once you prestige. Prestige 1 at least, that's all I can confirm, but you might get something for each prestige level.

This had to have been one of the most disappointing moments I've had with this game. The MK14 is one of my favorite guns in every CoD it has appeared in. I love semi automatic rifles. Yet this one is impossible to do well with. It does such low damage to enemies, I might as well be shooting a super soaker at them.

I second this. I was so excited to unlock this gun since I used it along with the M16/ACR in the past CODs as my go to weapons. This game its nearly useless. Really let down :(

Vidpixel

hmm...i actually prefer the HBRA over AK and BAL. don't really see the OP of BAL...think it might just be lag introducing a ton of unpredictability to the actual performance characteristics of each gun?

Yeah, I'm not quite understanding everyone's obsession with the BAL minus its high fire rate. I mean, I do okay with it, but 9 times out of 10, I do much better with the AK mainly due to its increase in range and accuracy.

newsguy

Yeah, I'm not quite understanding everyone's obsession with the BAL minus its high fire rate. I mean, I do okay with it, but 9 times out of 10, I do much better with the AK mainly due to its increase in range and accuracy.

My assumption is that because of the higher speed and focus on run and gun there's little need for range and accuracy. I personally use a little sub with a red dot and run and boost around the map like a mad person. It's the best I've ever done in a cod game lmao.

I was in a game of SnD and a teammate was using it for the first time...
Enemy just standing there pop, pop,pop-pop-pop-pop, pop enemy turned around and killed him almost instantly.

Maffis

Played a few rounds on PC for the first time. Games definitely feels alot different than compared to the older Cods. Strafing left and right when encountering people with a shotgun is really amazing. So far the Tac19 is a beast. Haven't had any net problems at all on PC, but I encountered an aimbotter on my second match, so yeah.

Also, that laser weapon is dope. I like that you don't have to ADS with it. Just pop that sprint-exo and run and gun.

IcyEyes

Played a few rounds on PC for the first time. Games definitely feels alot different than compared to the older Cods. Strafing left and right when encountering people with a shotgun is really amazing. So far the Tac19 is a beast. Haven't had any net problems at all on PC, but I encountered an aimbotter on my second match, so yeah.

Also, that laser weapon is dope. I like that you don't have to ADS with it. Just pop that sprint-exo and run and gun.

This was the main reason why I abandoned the multiplayer gaming on PC (I'm talking about some specific games, especially the FPS) ... It's a real shame :(

This was the main reason why I abandoned the multiplayer gaming on PC (I'm talking about some specific games, especially the FPS) ... It's a real shame :(

That's a pretty strange reason unless you have the shittiest luck when it comes to running into hackers. I can vividly remember each instance I've encountered a hacker in the past 13 years of my life, and most of them were on CS Source, and they've all been banned within 1-2 minutes. The PC platform isn't a rouge state overrun with hackers if that's the impression you have.

The one thing you can't escape anywhere is people trying to find weird glitches or exploits. The only one I ever took advantage of because of how fucking stupid it was, was the Javalin-Semtex glitch in MW2. Where if you pulled a semtex, and while pulling it you switch out to a Javalin, so when people killed you you'd just fucking explode with the impact radius of a Javalin and kill anyone around you.

I can't catch a break.

Replied to you in the other thread.

The majority of my games are full bars, for everyone. There are some bad games but I've experienced those screen shots you posted about twice.

3894859986.png

It's crazy how you can have such a bad experience given you've got such better internet. My PS4 is wired, the speed test was done through wifi on my laptop so I should have less ping and better speeds on PS4.

Please don't let this be true. The MK14 (and EBR) has long been my favorite gun throughout the entire series.

x-Lundz-x

Apologize if this has been answered in the thread here, but are there major issues with the SP? My exo challenges and Intel are messed up. I am about 70% done with the game and my exo challenges are all reset except for my head shots which are complete.

Please tell me I'm not alone. For example I have collected every Intel and it says I only have 2 of them. And I can't chapter select past the first mission and I am on mission 9 I think. :(

Hyunkel6

Just popping in to say that I have been staring at this thread title for a week now, and I finally got the reference. I feel so slow.

th4tguy

Apologize if this has been answered in the thread here, but are there major issues with the SP? My exo challenges and Intel are messed up. I am about 70% done with the game and my exo challenges are all reset except for my head shots which are complete.

Please tell me I'm not alone. For example I have collected every Intel and it says I only have 2 of them. And I can't chapter select past the first mission and I am on mission 9 I think. :(
It's a bug. You have to start a new game to fix it. You can finish the game but from what I understand you won't get a trophy. Sorry.

Calabi

FGEju44.jpg

This seems the case. I'm sure I'm playing with people from the US(I'm europe)or from far away lots of matches I've played have been with high level players compared to my own.

IcyEyes

That's a pretty strange reason unless you have the shittiest luck when it comes to running into hackers. I can vividly remember each instance I've encountered a hacker in the past 13 years of my life, and most of them were on CS Source, and they've all been banned within 1-2 minutes. The PC platform isn't a rouge state overrun with hackers if that's the impression you have.

The one thing you can't escape anywhere is people trying to find weird glitches or exploits. The only one I ever took advantage of because of how fucking stupid it was, was the Javalin-Semtex glitch in MW2. Where if you pulled a semtex, and while pulling it you switch out to a Javalin, so when people killed you you'd just fucking explode with the impact radius of a Javalin and kill anyone around you.

I based my opinion on my experience and well, even some of my real life friends enjoyed to play MP with some hacks... I played an huge amount of MP games on PC and the last one, Nosgoth (a very nice game indeed!) has some trouble with a good number of cheaters.
CS is a different thing. It's a very well supported MP game.

Glitches and exploits?
This is another very sensitive matter and well, I agree with you. We can't simply escape that.

Of course I'm still playing MP on pc and I'm enjoying it even with some hackers here and there, but if the same game is on console and unless is not broken, I prefer to skip a pumped visual in favor of more peace of mind :D

I haven't gotten sucked into a PVP MP game like this since MW1. I fucking love this game. And somehow I do all right online, I don't know what it is but usually in these kind of games I just get slaughtered and don't have fun.

Zero2kz

This is my go to loadout. I am just flying all over the fucking place wrecking fools.

I really dislike scorestreaks. All of them are slow and cumbersome and won't get you many kills. The time it takes for me to kill 1 or 2 people with a missile, I could have killed 8 with my SMG.

Those damage buffs on dat Mp11 doe.

LowParry

That would make no sense, and I've yet to have any good game where the bars were red and I didn't encounter awful lag.

I've seen plenty of launch games do it. It eventually gets patched and you're set. There are some other instances where the game starts for maybe the first couple minutes with those low bars but then evens out where everyone's got full connections going. Netcode is just bad. Plain and simple.

As for a gun of choice, this is the first time I'm loving a 3 round burst weapon for COD.

This red bar stuff...it's like people forgot about COD4, those glitches would happen all the time and it never represented actual connection quality.

This is my go to loadout. I am just flying all over the fucking place wrecking fools.

I really dislike scorestreaks. All of them are slow and cumbersome and won't get you many kills. The time it takes for me to kill 1 or 2 people with a missile, I could have killed 8 with my SMG.

Those damage buffs on dat Mp11 doe.

Nice varient, the original mp11 was a pea shooter.

Never bought a modern Call of Duty in my life, but this one seems like it could be fun. I really wish I could try it out, but $60 is a hard pill to swallow, and on top of that, the game has a $50 season pass on Steam.

What the fuck. Not that I ever buy season passes, but still. What the fuck.

nbraun80

Been having a good run with kf5 foregrip, silencer, and going uav, bomb run, goliath. Just running around the outside of the map like a crazy man.

Top Bottom